DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Aww, you and Preston are so adorable together! And Mousekeeping leaving the little stuffed dog like that is too cute.

Your vacation in Disney with Preston sounds so wonderful! :goodvibes Glad you guys had such a great time together, there is nothing like being in Disney with the person you love! :upsidedow

Love it! So envious that you get to be at my favorite place every single day- and this trip with Preston sounds so fabulous!!!

I just wanted to join in on all the love for One Man's Dream!:)

Thanks for spotlighting it!:)

If it were up to me,it would be required that each Guest must see OMD at some point during their Holiday!:)

During one of my trips,I was walking by OMD and overheard one teenager say to her friend:

"OK,we just passed Toy Story Mania and now we're walking by that Walt Disney dude.":)

It was funny and sad at the same time.:)

OMG MEG! I am so glad you posted a pic of her, I am going to show my daughter tomorrow. She literally goes around singing "No chance no way, I wont' say it no no...You swoon, you sigh, why deny it? Uh oh.. It's too cliche I won't say I'm in looooooooooove AHHHHHH." (well..she sings the entire song, but I won't bother you with all of the lyrics lol)...Like ALL the time. Five going on fifteen! She is going to be so excited to see the REAL Meg!

Also very cute date night you had! I'm always happy when you talk about how Preston "gets" your Disney-love. He really is a keeper!

March 5th, 2013 (Part 1) - FOTLK and Pizzafari! (Or Safaritzza?)

Today was Preston and my official 13th month anniversary! It’s a weird one to celebrate but HEYY it’s a baker’s dozen. And we’re in Disney World. So like, I wasn’t complaining.

We slept in an hour later than usual today so I woke up at 8 am and got ready. We left for Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

This was the longest time we had to wait for a bus thus far and the entire process only took ten minutes. Like, I don’t even know. The buses LOVED us.

We got right to Animal Kingdom and went to Everest right away! We grabbed some fastpasses for everyone’s favorite ride. Alexander is OBSESSED with this ride. And Karen and Preston are ridiculously huge fans too. They were SO excited.

So then we walked back near Discovery Island and Preston and I got pastries at the Andapur Tea Company for breakfast. We were so hungry! I got the Apple Fritter. I don’t eat a lot of donuts but this just looked AMAZING. Yes, it tasted as fabulous as it looks. WOW.

dsc0493cx.jpg

Preston got a blueberry muffin! NOM!

dsc0494vm.jpg

Then we got in line for Russell and Dug! They were AMAZING. This was the first time I met them. The two of them had such great chemistry and they gave us SO many hugs. It was a top-notch character greeting experience.

dsc0498ls.jpg

Preston told Dug “Look! SQUIRREL!” and he looked for it IMMEDIATELY. He was PERFECT! Also, Alexander showed Russell his grape soda pin and Russell wanted to trade for it so bad!! He was even going to give him a special leaf! Alex had to decline though because it was a special pin from Karen.

dsc0499g.jpg

Gahh we loved them and happily made our way over to Expedition Everest! We requested the front two rows and they were AWESOME. So Preston and I were in the back front. (or would it be the front back? WHO KNOWS!) WOOHOO EVEREST!!!!!!

dsc0501az.jpg

dsc0502j.jpg

So far so GREAT!

dsc0503ln.jpg

dsc0505lw.jpg

We grabbed more fastpasses for EE and then headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey!

dsc0508to.jpg

I had to introduce Preston, Alexander, and Karen to the beauty which is Festival of the Lion King. We went to the 11:30 am show!

dsc0509jj.jpg

dsc0510ot.jpg

I asked right when we got there what section was the Lion Section, so we got to sit in the BEST SECTION EVER.

The show was ridiculously incredible. Like, all of them were just in complete awe. I was totally blown away by the two main young actors “good looking” and “princess.” Their voices were PHENOMENAL. Like, please sing to me all day. I’ll just cry of happiness because they were THAT beautiful. They were just strong and had such smooth riffs and GAHHH they were so beyond talented.

dsc0511zxs.jpg

My soul animal. :-)

dsc0514iz.jpg

MAN, YOU ARE PERFECT.

dsc0524dc.jpg

The tumble monkeys WERE SO AMAZING. I wonder what they had to do to learn all of those tricks. I just have no idea.

dsc0526oi.jpg

dsc0527bf.jpg

I'm sorry but THIS IS THE FUNNIEST PICTURE IN EXISTENCE. JUST LOOK AT TIMON! BAHAHAHAHA!!

dsc0528db.jpg

dsc0531pt.jpg

dsc0536r.jpg

dsc0538ul.jpg

dsc0539c.jpg

The fire dancer was fantastic as usual and the “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” section was gorgeous. JUST WOW. Seriously, every single performer in that show completely deserves to be there because the show quality that they displayed is above and beyond. If you haven’t seen this show before, you are seriously missing out on something WONDERFUL. Go see it!! Put it at the TOP of your list!

We walked out of there and everyone was just in love. We were SO HAPPY.

I posted on twitter:
I seriously can't believe a show like Festival of the Lion King is included with the price of admission. IT'S SO PHENOMENAL I JUST CAN'T.

We grabbed Kilimanjaro Safaris fastpasses and then used our Expedition Everest fastpasses! We were in the back back and Alex and Karen were in the back front. (or is it the front back!?!) YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

FRUMP MONSTERS.

dsc0542vh.jpg

Then we were HUNGRY. It was PIZZAFARI time!!! Except the boys had quite the conversation and decided that they were the ones who actually founded the restaurant. They named it “Safaritzza!” because that’s clearly much cooler sounding than Pizzafari. :P

The food was REALLY good and everyone was LOVING it. Some people don’t like Disney pizza, but we’re from city who is very critical of pizza and Pizzfari (Safaritzza?) got the approval all around the table! WOOHOO!

dsc0546nv.jpg

dsc0548o.jpg

The chocolate mousse was also REALLY good. Their other current dessert option is cheesecake in a cup. Preston was the only one who got it but he seemed to enjoy it!

dsc0550f.jpg

Continued in Next Post

My nephews gymnastic coach used to be a monkey in FOTLK! We take the kids to open gym on the weekends and we love when he shows us those fun parts on the trampolines :)

My nephews gymnastic coach used to be a monkey in FOTLK! We take the kids to open gym on the weekends and we love when he shows us those fun parts on the trampolines :)

Yeah, I heard that former Olympic gymnasts were the Tumble Monkeys :thumbsup2

March 5th, 2013 (Part 2) - Kilimanjaro Safaris and Finding Nemo!

Then it was Kilimanjaro Safaris time! This ride is Alexander’s FAVORITE and he was so excited to go on it! We ended up having a PHENOMENAL safari and we saw so many animals! We sincerely enjoyed every second of it. Plus our safari guide had a really great announcer voice. It was perfect.

dsc0551hw.jpg

GIRAFFE PHOTO SHOOT!

dsc0552k.jpg

dsc0557pl.jpg

This guy is sticking out his tounge. :P hehe what a cutie.

dsc0558e.jpg

dsc0560qq.jpg

dsc0568q.jpg

dsc0575y.jpg

ELEPHANTS!

dsc0562f.jpg

Ostrich!

dsc0580ic.jpg

And another ostrich!

dsc0583xo.jpg

From there the four of us split up. Karen and Alexander went to ride Everest some more and Preston and I went to Dinosaur! The wait was only about 10 minutes and after the video room we walked right on!

There was a little boy behind us in our ride vehicle and I knew he was going to get so terrified on this ride. His parents were trying to keep him entertained throughout the whole ride telling him “ooh look at that dinosaur! He’s so cool!” but at the end of the ride he was like “Daddy, that scared me!” Oh my gosh it was so sad hahaha.

Also... this ride picture is SUPER frumpy. Bahahaha!

dsc0586l.jpg

Then at 3:00 pm the Finding Nemo show began! We grabbed some seats near the front. It was really cute and I enjoyed it a lot. Every single actor was so talented. I was loving it!

REMEMBER FISH ARE FRIENDS NOT FOOD!

dsc0589cb.jpg

dsc0590hv.jpg

TOGETHER, WE SWIM TOGETHER!

dsc0594df.jpg

dsc0600t.jpg

GO WITH THE FLOOOOOOOOOW!

dsc0601kx.jpg

dsc0602ks.jpg

dsc0604t.jpg

dsc0613ts.jpg

dsc0614r.jpg

It was all kinds of precious.

The show lasted about 40 minutes and then we met back up with Alexander and Karen. We started walking towards Asia again and we stopped to grab little snacks. My throat was hurting so I got some frozen orange juice. That was DELICIOUS.

dsc0617ay.jpg

We went over to Kali River Rapids because the boys thought it would be a great idea. HAH HAH.

The line was non-existent… but maybe there was a reason for that. We pretty much instantly regretted the decision once we saw the people get off the ride completely drenched.

However, we STILL went. It was absolutely HILARIOUS because we were all freaking out the ENTIRE ride. I'm sure the family who rode with us thought we were nuts. Alex ended up getting SOAKED and Preston and Karen got pretty wet too. I only got a little bit wet THANK GOD.

dsc0618d.jpg

After that we walked back to Discovery Island and Alexander got a Mickey Pretzel on the way. He let us have some and it was DELICIOUS! That was a high quality soft pretzel! But why am I surprised, really? It's Disney.

dsc0619w.jpg

Continued in Next Post

March 5th, 2013 (Part 3) - Looping Everest Like Champs.

Then we went on Its Tough to Be a Bug! That show is just hilarious, especially because of everyone's reactions in the theater.

We make a pretty cute pair of honorary bugs, don't you think?

dsc0620er.jpg

dsc0621no.jpg

Then we went back to Everest because our app said the wait was only 10 minutes.

Did you know that this statue lines up with the peaks in the mountain? I was impressed when my boyfriend knew that fact. SO PROUD!

dsc0622oc.jpg

We rode Everest four times in a row because it was a WALK ON. It was absolutely PERFECT. We kept thinking of hilarious ride poses to do and the boys kept making jokes throughout the ride. "OH NO HERE COMES THE DROP! Phew I'm glad we got that out of the way at the beginning." "THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN LAST TIME." "Oh good it's over. AHHH THE YETI!!!!" Oh God, it was just too funny.

Pose #1: Point at the camera.

dsc0623gr.jpg

Pose #2: The boys are scared.

dsc0626kz.jpg

Pose #3: Confused.

dsc0629h.jpg

SIDE NOTE: On the ride pictures!

dsc0631yx.jpg

Our view:

dsc0632m.jpg

So happy!

dsc0633tk.jpg

Pose 4: EVERYONE'S SCARED!

dsc0636o.jpg

After that we headed towards the park exit. What a wild day at DAK!

dsc0638g.jpg

We took some time to admire the little animals on the way out. I always bypass them but my friends are clearly much more observant than I am.

dsc0639jz.jpg

dsc0644wj.jpg

They thought it was so cool that a Black Swan was actually real!

dsc0648ky.jpg

dsc0660ol.jpg

dsc0664je.jpg

Ducks.

dsc0653i.jpg

TO THE EXIT!

dsc0670fq.jpg

I was frumpin' it up to the max today.

dsc0671d.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have a very similar picture of me when I was a little kid. I swear, I haven't changed much.

dsc0674j.jpg

Waking... to the exit!

dsc0680n.jpg

dsc0681g.jpg

dsc0682r.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Running to the buses is the most exercise I get in my life.

We grabbed a bus to the Polynesian. WOOHOO! :-)

THE NO FACE.

img9098z.jpg

THE DEER FACE!

img9099v.jpg

We're great.

Continued in Next Post

March 5th, 2013 (Part 4) - The Beauty Which is Ohana.

We all fell asleep on the bus because we were so wiped out! But we weren't too tired to eat food! We checked in at Ohana!! Preston and I pin traded while we waited.

I posted on twitter:
I'm pretty sure @PrestoVision is just as obsessed with pin trading as I am now. #hesonmylevel

Before we knew it it was OHANA TIME!!!

We were seated at a table with a CASTLE VIEW and everyone was just so excited.

dsc0694r.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I am so excited to see everyone's reaction to Ohana!!!

I told them to pace themselves which I think was very good advice. We had the bread first and they all LOVED it. GAHH we wanted to eat more but we had to save room!!

dsc0684qk.jpg

For drinks all of us got the pomegranate lemonade. It just compliments the meal so well!

dsc0685e.jpg

The new salad dressing was good! There are mandarin oranges on top of the salad now.

dsc0686yk.jpg

Here's the peanut sauce.

dsc0687bo.jpg

Then they brought us out the wings and dumplings. Everyone was OBSESSED with both of these. GAHH they were so delicious. Alexander was especially in love with the dumplings. He really gets attached to his food, as you can probably tell. :P

dsc0688tq.jpg

Before we even finished one of each of those, they brought us out our noodles and vegetables. Preston doesn't even like lo mein and he actually REALLY liked these noodles. Also the array of vegetables today was really delicious!!

dsc0690w.jpg

Then it was SKEWERS OF MEAT TIME. The chicken won today. It had the most incredible flavor from the grill. Ah it was smoky, fresh and had the perfect texture.

dsc0691pc.jpg

The steak was my second favorite. The flavor was so good.

dsc0697ya.jpg

The shrimp and pork were also DELICIOUS. Seriously everyone was so happy. It was deemed the perfect meal!!

dsc0698ji.jpg

To make it even MORE perfect, they brought out the bread pudding. It was DELICIOUS. AHHHH. <3 They were all blown away.

dsc0699vm.jpg

Our entire table was also obsessed with the warm towels. That actually asked the waiter if he could bring us another set of them at the end of the meal. I was not against that request!

dsc0700w.jpg

We were stuffed by the end. We took care of our check with our beautiful dining plan and were just talking for a little bit. Then all of the sudden the Wishes soundtrack began! AHHHH :-) So we stayed and watched the show right from our table. It was such a magical ending to this meal!

dsc0701h.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I mean we have a castle view table and wishes is happening. OMG.

dsc0703t.jpg

dsc0702u.jpg

I posted on twitter:
It's beautiful that everyone in ohana claps for wishes when it's over. Now that's appreciation.

Our beautiful Ohana :-) We LOVED it!!!!

dsc0705g.jpg

dsc0706hy.jpg

From there we went over to the Grand Floridian so we could all look around. The boys have never been there so we needed to show them. We saw Bobby and Jordan walking into the Grand and we couldn't get over how funny it was that we were in the same place AGAIN.

We people watched over the top railing and we saw little girls in princess dresses EVERYWHERE. There were 6 Cinderellas, a sleeping Snow White, an Aurora, and a Belle. Belle was dancing with her Dad to the piano music in the lobby. It was literally the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I definitely teared up a bit. SO CUTE!

I pin traded with the photopass guy near us and we chatted for quite a bit. He told me that he was one of the original ghost busters at Universal back in the 90's! Too cool.

Then we went through all of the gift shops and looked around. We also took some pictures in the lobby:

dsc0709zw.jpg

dsc0712br.jpg

dsc0713g.jpg

dsc0714vx.jpg

Too frumpy for the Grand, you say? Probably.

dsc0715ca.jpg

img9113xx.jpg

Chillin'.

dsc0716bl.jpg

Karen and Alexander went to MK for an hour and then Preston and I took a monorail to MK. Then we caught the bus back to AoA. They had a charter bus there to pick us up, so that took us back to the resort.

We went in the gift shop and saw Matt! He was staying with us now because his parents were leaving tomorrow! We browsed around the gift shop and then we headed up to the room.

Matt went to go explore the resort and then Preston and I exchanged our Valentine's day/anniversary gifts. He made me this AMAZING card with pictures and quotes and an incredibly beautiful message. It is probably the cutest thing I have ever received.

I tried to journal about our day but I just completely passed out. I was so exhausted!

Continued in Next Post

Speaking of Universal, what do you think of those parks? And what about SeaWorld and Busch Gardens? Whenever we go to Florida we of course do Disney, but we also try and make it to all the other theme parks too; just wondering if you like them as well!? (Even though Disney will always be number 1 hehe ;-D) x

beccy1606 said:
Speaking of Universal, what do you think of those parks? And what about SeaWorld and Busch Gardens? Whenever we go to Florida we of course do Disney, but we also try and make it to all the other theme parks too; just wondering if you like them as well!? (Even though Disney will always be number 1 hehe ;-D) x

The last time I went to universal I was 2, and the last time I went to sea world I was 8. So honestly, I can't tell ya :p

Wow, long time! Do you think you will check them out again at some point while you're living so close, or are you just not really interested in them at all? I guess as a CM, it must feel a bit like cheating on The Mouse lol! :P

I think the others are fun too, but they definitely don't have the magic. The atmosphere at Disney is totally unique to anywhere else on Earth! :-) Man, I can't wait for my next trip! It's not until 2015 though! :sad:

Wow, long time! Do you think you will check them out again at some point while you're living so close, or are you just not really interested in them at all? I guess as a CM, it must feel a bit like cheating on The Mouse lol! :P

I think the others are fun too, but they definitely don't have the magic. The atmosphere at Disney is totally unique to anywhere else on Earth! :-) Man, I can't wait for my next trip! It's not until 2015 though! :sad:

I want to! I'll go eventually.

What an amazing day!! I have to say, I feel like AK is less crowded in the afternoon, like, sleeping in and then heading over seems like a good idea, all those rides on EE looked great, hilarious ride photos!

FOTLK will forever and always be my favorite thing, I cannot wait to be a part of it, it's so incredible!

Ohana is on my list of places to eat, and there's a possibility I might book it for the next trip, I just think we've got enough dining for now, bahah! As if you could see Wishes from the table, how magical!!

Mickey pretzel <3 PERFECTION!
Oh my god, those Everest ride photos....dying!!!!
You don't even know how badly I have Disney withdrawl. Reading your TR is like crack to me bahahah. I NEED MY DAILY FIX!!! AHHH!!!

Ps...Totally thought that last update said "Obama" not "Ohana" LOLZ.
Imma miss that delicious honey lime dressing though :(
But those veggies look delish.

BREAD PUDDING STOPPPPPP JKSFKHSKDF <3<3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter