Disney Channel Then and Now

I LOVED PEPPERANNE! *pepperanne pepperane to cool for seventh grade..*
I think the new "movie Musical" movie that is comming out in Jan (i think ) looks good.. lol but the only reason why i watch disney channel is for Phil of the Future.. but i heard that got canceled though :sad:

Oh geez, you just opened a can of worms with me.. I can go on on this topic for hours..

This is something I think about a lot, I have a whole list of shows/movies they should bring back on Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. It seems like they get rid of all the awesome shows/movies and replace them with these dumb ones..

Disney shows they should bring back:
Tale Spin (I used to watch that all the time..)
Gummi Bears (not many people remember it, it was about these bears that lived in a tree..)
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
The Famous Jett Jackson
Mickey Mouse Club
Flash Forward
So Weird
Darkwing Duck
The original Power Rangers (yea I was a power ranger freak when I was little)
Duck Tales
Wuzzles (something like that, I don't remember exactly)
Inspector Gadget

Disney movies they should bring back:
Cadet Kelly (I'm not a fan of Hillary Duff, but I liked the movie)
The Color of Friendship
Genius
Hounded
Smart House
Get a Clue
Gotta Kick it Up (eh, it was an ok movie)
Horse Sense
Jumping Ship
The Poof Point
Tru Confessions (that was a really good movie, really different from the others..)
Jett Jackson: The Movie
Right on Track
Rip Girls (with the girl with the funny ears..)
Stepsister From Planet Weird
Escape from/to Witch Mountain
Susie Q (starring the pink power ranger..)

Nickelodeon shows they should bring back:
Clarissa Explains it All
Hey Dude
The Secret Life of Alex Mack
Pete & Pete
Eureeka's Castle
Gullah Gullah Island
Salute Your Shorts (I loved that show)
Double Dare
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Caitlin's Way
Figure it Out
Z-ball (the one where kids were given random objects and had to make a game out of them..I'm not sure if that's the name)
Welcome Freshman
Fifteen
Are You Afraid of the Dark
The whole SNICK thing with the orange couch
Kenan & Kel
Goosebumps (the show and movies)

As for Nickelodeon Movies, does anyone remember Harriet the Spy?

Other Shows:
State of Grace
Freaks and Geeks
Fear

Saxsoon said:
I must ask. Which Disney Channel did you all like, then (5-7 years ago) or now. Maybe it is because I am older now, but I feel that except for Phil of the Future, Disney Channel is dead to me.

I miss Even Stevens, and So Weird. Who knows what other shows I have forgotten. And I am not talking reruns, but new episodes. And the movies, the movies I loved. I looked forward to the monthly movies, now meh.

So I wonder if anyone is like me out there, and miss the old Disney Channel.
Even Stevens still comes on if you have satilite! it comes on 173 ever once and a while but idk about So Wierd!but i love the shows that come on now because i am a t.v freak and it gets me xsited 2 go 2 WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so i go with the now...4 disney channel!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Oh, i miss the old shows so much! On Nick and disney.. because the new shows on disney and afew on nick and getting very, VERY odd.

I really miss Clarisa Explains it all and Double Dare, :(

I mean, what's up with some of the shows now..
some are good, like I think the Suite Life of Zack and Cody is ok, and That's So Raven, but others are oddd

I miss the following Movies:

Tru Confessions
Zenon:All three
The Poof Point
Quints
Smart House(I loved That ONE!)
Jumping Ship
Gotta Kick It Up!
Cadet Kelly

T.V. Shows I Miss

Boy Meets World
PepperAnne
The Weekenders
Even Stevens
Smart guy(my favorite Show:()
The Jersey

AmoDolphin said:
I miss some of the old shows--Even Stevens, etc. I think Disney Channel is going downhill. A lot of the shows now are just stupid and pointless.
old school nick was prettty sweet too

PHIL GOT CANCELED??? NO!!!!!!!
BTW, some of the movies that you guys have been talking about are available on DVD, like Cadet Kelly, Get a Clue, Zenon, Escape to Witch Mountain, etc. Go to disneydvd.com and type the movie you want into the search feature. I they have it, it'll come up and you can click on it. It'll tell you on the side of the screen whether you can order it or not. If they're not available, do to Blockbuster or your local video rental and see if they have what you're looking for on VHS. Some of these movies where released on VHS to video retals stores, but not released to the public.
I think they need to put some of these TV shows on DVD!!

Phil is like the only decent show on DC. Ricky Ullman's not too hard on the eyes either. LOL

oh my gosh, old Disney channel rocked! And when I say old, I'm talking about back when they had no commercials til the end of the show...back when they had Torklesons (haven't seen that mentioned yet but I loved it! probably partly b/c it was based in OK, which is where I grew up), Under the Umbrella Tree was awesome! Fraggle Rock, Gummie Bears, Tale Spin, "Chi-chi-chi-chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers"... :rotfl2: ...what else...So Weird was a fun later one, as was Brotherly Love and Smart Guy...yep, TV for kids in general has just really gone downhill. The shows are all so pointless and mind-numbing! I think the only Disney cartoon I like now is Kim Possible - always makes me laugh. Honestly, I'm a little worried how a generation raised on the likes of Spongebob and Dave the Barbarian are going to turn out! :earseek: ok, I'm off my soap box..for now. :rolleyes: :teeth:

Guys...maybe they heard our complaints. Tomorrow at 8 they're showing Life Size and the day after tomorrow at 8 is My Date With the President's Daughter!

*EWooWDW* said:
Guys...maybe they heard our complaints. Tomorrow at 8 they're showing Life Size and the day after tomorrow at 8 is My Date With the President's Daughter!

So cool! (I am definitely going to watch :rotfl: )

sparrow_of_tortuga said:
THE TORKELSONS!!! That's the one I forgot!!! Thanks ellindea!!!
:teeth: your welcome. I loved that one. let's see, there was Dorothy Jane, Chucky Lee, and Mary...Mary Ellen?...Molly Sue? and then the two other kids...Riley and...Susan? They weren't on it as often.
I really liked its theme song, too, but I can't remember it now... :confused3 grr

i loved so weird...with fi..i hated when they got rid of her ><;; i think it was "too scary" for disney chanel.

wasnt there another disney chanel movie about this chick that could talk to dolphins...and the 13th year! yeah! the one about ther mermaids/men.

does anyone remember this reallllllyyyyy old show they used to play on disney chanel about this chick with long brown hair that lived on this island and could talk to fish and could breathe underwater? i think it was something about there being a underwater laboratory and they found her? :confused3 i used to love that show though :rotfl:

and i have two disney chanels, east and west and toon disney. :rolleyes:

DollfieDreams said:
i loved so weird...with fi..i hated when they got rid of her ><;; i think it was "too scary" for disney chanel.

wasnt there another disney chanel movie about this chick that could talk to dolphins...and the 13th year! yeah! the one about ther mermaids/men.

does anyone remember this reallllllyyyyy old show they used to play on disney chanel about this chick with long brown hair that lived on this island and could talk to fish and could breathe underwater? i think it was something about there being a underwater laboratory and they found her? :confused3 i used to love that show though :rotfl:

and i have two disney chanels, east and west and toon disney. :rolleyes:
oh my gosh!!! Ocean Girl!!! I looooved that one!!! I was just thinking about that one the other day. Did it ever actually end? I remember they were looking for these pieces of a sphere, to, like, save the ocean or something? But I can't remember if they ever succeeded or if the show ended before then. lol, my sister and I had mini crushes on her two Australian guy friends that were always helping her. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter