Disney cancelled our ADR-Teppan Edo Support Group

JMB123

Mouseketeer
I just got a phone call from Disney to tell me that they needed to cancel our ADR at Teppan Edo in September. :sad1: The CM said they computer overbooked the restaurant and she was unable to get us in at any other time during the 10 days we're there. I asked if I should be worried about our other ADRs and she said no, but I still am! Has this happened to anyone else?

I just got a phone call from Disney to tell me that they needed to cancel our ADR at Teppan Edo in September. :sad1: The CM said they computer overbooked the restaurant and she was unable to get us in at any other time during the 10 days we're there. I asked if I should be worried about our other ADRs and she said no, but I still am! Has this happened to anyone else?

:scared1: OMG!!! I can't believe they did that to you. It's not your fault they overbooked Teppan Edo!

Same has just happened to me, currently at WDW had lunch booked on Wednesday and told although they can't force me to cancel wait could up to 5 hours if eat at all. Again assured me my other ADR's weren't affected :eek:

Same has just happened to me, currently at WDW had lunch booked on Wednesday and told although they can't force me to cancel wait could up to 5 hours if eat at all. Again assured me my other ADR's weren't affected :eek:

For what restaurant? :scared1: This online system is so flawed it's driving me nuts!

Which restaurant was this? Jeez now I'm getting worried about our trip the end of Sept and thinking why bother making ADRs if they are that overbooked.

Just wondering how they determined whose ADR to cancel per the PP. Something's just not right about this whole free dining/ADR deal lately!! Makes me wonder if the online ADR system is to blame?

what a mess. :rolleyes:

sorry you guys have to deal with this ... and I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have to deal with it in October.

I'd love to know how this could even happen and then how they determine who gets the lucky phone call ... is it last reservation made in the system gets canceled or do they just draw straws? :scared1:

Makes me wonder if the online ADR system is to blame?

With what small bit of computer/networking knowledge I have, I do blame it on the online system. I feel that some more Beta testing would have helped matter a lot.:surfweb:

Sorry should have said it was for Teppan Edo as well, hopefully this is the only restaurant affected

you want to know what is crazy???

I just popped over to the dining page and searched Teppan Edo Restaurant for 9/17 for different times and several came up that a person can book.

9/17 12:00 party of 3
9/17 2:10 party of 3
9/17 3:10 party of 3
and this was a five minute search for just one day

Holy Crap! I hope this is fairly isolated. Although you are obviously not the only one. Did they get you in somewhere? At this late date, I'm sure everything is booked.

She did blame the online system. Also, we are a party of 9, and I think she said something about Teppan Edo only seating 8 per table and that I should not have been able to book that online - it was a flaw in the system. I did ask if there was anything available for a smaller party, but it's too late at this point.

For me, it's not too heartbreaking because my 4 year old son has a lot of food allergies and I wasn't sure how this was going to work anyway - there is nothing on the menu he can eat. I was actually thinking of bringing in CS food for him (special diets gave the ok on that). But, the other couples I'm traveling with are bummed. My main concern right now is that it's only effecting Teppan Edo. I don't know what I would do if I lost HDDR or any of my character meals!

MallenBeadle, sorry to hear it happened to you, too. Did they offer you any priority at another restaurant or anything? I'm hoping we'll be able to find a decent alternative at this point.

Think I will call Disney Rev tomorrow and reorder my dining with them. Just booked all my ADR's today for last week of October. Now I am wondering if online booking was too good to be true. thanks for sharing

I don't know if this will help but if you really want it...there's room on the 17th. I noticed our dates are the same time. :)

there's a 12:10, 1:20, 3:10 all for 10 ppl (i put 10 in for the heck of it). Maybe you could book two ressies-one under your name and one under someone else's name. You won't get to set at the same table but at least get to eat there.

OUCH.....................

I think this situation may more have to do with the party of 9. I thought one had to call to bok parties of 8 or more???:confused3

I don't know if this will help but if you really want it...there's room on the 17th. I noticed our dates are the same time. :)

there's a 12:10, 1:20, 3:10 all for 10 ppl (i put 10 in for the heck of it). Maybe you could book two ressies-one under your name and one under someone else's name. You won't get to set at the same table but at least get to eat there.

Thanks, that's great to know! My brother an his family aren't arriving until the 19th, and they're the ones who really want to go, but we may just have to go without them! ;) It seems like the week of the 19th will be a lot busier because I had a lot more success with my ADRs on the 16th - 19th than the rest of the week.

ETA: Bummer, can't do the 17th, I have HDDR and O'hana's that day. It's funny, I got both of those reservations in the past couple of weeks; they just suddenly popped up. Where is everyone going to be on the 17th?!?! LOL

That's just not good enough. I'd be calling them back to either -

1/ Reinstate the ADR / find someone else to kick off or

2/ Offer me an incentive to eat somewhere else for same date / time within Epcot

That's just not good enough. I'd be calling them back to either -

1/ Reinstate the ADR / find someone else to kick off or

2/ Offer me an incentive to eat somewhere else for same date / time within Epcot

That would be me...lol. I was up at 5:50am on my 90 day mark priming up the website. Those that I couldn't book online, I was on the phone at 6:55 to get those.

I would freak if that happened to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter