Disney cancelled our ADR-Teppan Edo Support Group

With all the ADR's being cancelled, I just checked all mine since I made some online. It's getting like the airlines now where they can just bump people who have ressies b/c they overbooked. Insane. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you though. :(

That's just not good enough. I'd be calling them back to either -

1/ Reinstate the ADR / find someone else to kick off or

2/ Offer me an incentive to eat somewhere else for same date / time within Epcot

My brother said the same thing. He was pretty mad at me for not fighting about it. The CM was very nice and told me she would give me priority in getting into any other restaurant that day; I just need to talk to my family first to find out where they want to eat. Now, if they aren't able to get me in somewhere else in Epcot around that time, I will put up a fight at that point.

Oh boy this thread has me worried!

Here is my story. I am going in October. I missed my 90 day mark due to emergency surgery 2 hour before my call time!!

So, I spent 3+ weeks trying to get anything for Le Cellier as I am determined to eat there in this lifetime!!

Then one day a MILLION ADR's opened up online...there was even a thread about it! I of course snagged one. But it sure makes me wonder if there was some HUGE glitch? I can't think of any other reason that soooooo many spots opened up between October 1-11 for lunch and dinner :confused3?? Guess I will find out!

Gina

I would assume that this is mostly because at Teppan Edo they only have tables of 8. I would call back and tell them specifically that really only 8 of you are eating there and you will be bringing in food for your son because of his allergy. They might just be able to scoot up an extra chair. It might work!!

If it was just the OP who said it happened to her, I would assume it was due to her party size. However someone else mentioning it happened to them has me a bit worried too. I have an ADR for 6 at Teppan Edo on 9/30.

If they tell you its because you have 9 people that is crap. We were there on Aug. 20 and the table next to us was a table of 9. They weren't even together. They put a party of 4 and a party of 5 together. They had plenty of room at the table. I would be on the phone making them find me a reservation at Tappan Edo. It is not your fault that the on-line system is to blame for these problems. I'd be interested to see how they decide who to bump and who gets their reservation.

Two people in our party are even high chairs...I mentioned this, thinking it was because the tables were only for 8 and she still couldn't get us in!

You guys are making me think I should have fought harder. I'm going to call and try to get someone else to talk to. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help!

Two people in our party are even high chairs...I mentioned this, thinking it was because the tables were only for 8 and she still couldn't get us in!

You guys are making me think I should have fought harder. I'm going to call and try to get someone else to talk to. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help!

Good Luck! I truely believe Disney dropped the ball and need to step it up a notch for you. ADR's with the 90 day mark is almost an art form so when you snag one that you really want, it's :banana: ! But to have it, then lose it 3 weeks before your trip is :mad:. My questions would be:

A) Why did they call 3 weeks prior and not immediately when the ressie was made?
B) Why not call and cancel the ppl who booked last if they are overbooked?
C) If the cancelled your ressie due to size, the I would ask why they couldn't redo the seating schedule they currently have and break your group apart. 4+5 at tables.
D) If they still won't honor your ressie, I would definitely be requesting compensation....not just priority at another ressie...as most nicer TS are fully booked at this point, so the logistics of you getting into them are null also.
E) Lastly, I would be writing Disney or email Disney immediately requesting they call you BEFORE your trip.

Sorry, to me, glitch or not this just isn't right. Why cancel the larger groups and accomidate the smaller group. Just think, they bump your party of 9 yet 3 other groups who possibly booked after you didn't get bumped. It's easier for them to make one call to the larger groups than to call the smaller groups to cancel ressie.

I'm really curious if those who were canceled are all larger groups.....

Two things- we ate at tepan edo last september-

1- our table had 9 people at it. I am positive. It was our party of 6, plus a party of 3 (I remember this distinctly b/c it was a couple and their young child. The father talked on the phone much of the meal, and was extremely rude to everyone).

2-our chef was downright boring, portions small, food only so-so. If you have a picky eater, the kids meals had a japanese flair- for example, they had tempura chicken but no regular chicken strips or nuggets, and were unwilling to find the regular childrens menu options for us (most places I found would find you at least an Uncrustable). So, our 3 year old ate nothing. I persnallywould not be too disappointed missing this meal! But I would definitely call back and insist they find you another option- or if part of your group wants to eat there, insist they split up your party for two meals in Epcot at the same time.

Best of luck to you- you didn't make the mistake, Disney did, they should be more willing to accomodate you in any way when it's their error.

I would assume that this is mostly because at Teppan Edo they only have tables of 8. I would call back and tell them specifically that really only 8 of you are eating there and you will be bringing in food for your son because of his allergy. They might just be able to scoot up an extra chair. It might work!!

You think it should work . . . but Disney is stubborn about that. We have a party of 12 at Le Cellier, with one person wanting to join us. I called to add her on and they said no way. :scared1: I told them we don't mind sqeezing together, and they said it is a fire hazard. :mad: I called 4 different times and spoke with 4 different CMs and was told the same thing every time. :headache:

Good Luck! I truely believe Disney dropped the ball and need to step it up a notch for you. ADR's with the 90 day mark is almost an art form so when you snag one that you really want, it's :banana: ! But to have it, then lose it 3 weeks before your trip is :mad:. My questions would be:

A) Why did they call 3 weeks prior and not immediately when the ressie was made?
B) Why not call and cancel the ppl who booked last if they are overbooked?
C) If the cancelled your ressie due to size, the I would ask why they couldn't redo the seating schedule they currently have and break your group apart. 4+5 at tables.
D) If they still won't honor your ressie, I would definitely be requesting compensation....not just priority at another ressie...as most nicer TS are fully booked at this point, so the logistics of you getting into them are null also.
E) Lastly, I would be writing Disney or email Disney immediately requesting they call you BEFORE your trip.

Sorry, to me, glitch or not this just isn't right. Why cancel the larger groups and accomidate the smaller group. Just think, they bump your party of 9 yet 3 other groups who possibly booked after you didn't get bumped. It's easier for them to make one call to the larger groups than to call the smaller groups to cancel ressie.

I'm really curious if those who were canceled are all larger groups.....

This is not the issue, looks more like a "timing" issue, when resies are changed, my experience was to start from the bottom up, in other words last one to make resies.

Also PLEASE don’t call demanding anything as Disney owes nothing in this case. Unfortunately this is a very common occurrence in the resturant business, a mistake was made, sure I would be upset but this is not the end of the world, there are PLENTY of other choices, call back and see what’s open, who knows you just might like it better…………..

And NO it is not easier to cancel a larger group then a smaller party, its just as hard….;)

As we have just read, this is not isolated. It is definitely a systemwide problem. There was another thread, and it was some family that was told it was a 2 hour wait for the Crystal Palace ressy, due to overbooking. Now, given, this guy didn't have anything nice to say about CP, but still.....I am very nervous about free dining in September and the online ressys. :(

A similar situation happened with Teppen Edo in 9/2007 (maybe 2006?). Teppen Edo's refurbishment took longer than expected so those with reservations scheduled about a month after the refurb was to be completed were left without someplace to dine. About a month before your reservation, Dining called to let you know about the problem and re-book you someplace else. Dining was able to do an 'override' and book us into restaurants that were booked solid, LeCelier, Coral Reef, you name it. We took LeCelier. The kicker was they included Illuminations Priority Viewing for your trouble. This was back in the days of WDW customer service so most folks took it pretty well.

Have you tried to re-book? A glitch is a glitch. I'd take a ressy someplace else rather than face a potential 2+ hour wait. However, if they leave you high and dry with few options, that would be REALLY crummie. Good Luck.

You think it should work . . . but Disney is stubborn about that. We have a party of 12 at Le Cellier, with one person wanting to join us. I called to add her on and they said no way. :scared1: I told them we don't mind sqeezing together, and they said it is a fire hazard. :mad: I called 4 different times and spoke with 4 different CMs and was told the same thing every time. :headache:

ah....the fire code answer....we have had that one too....trying to seat a party of 4 with baby on lap...no firecode says that is a party of 5...your wait is longer:confused:;)

Just an update. I've talked to 3 different people so far and each are telling me that they will overbook any restaurant I choose to get me in. However, each time I call with a choice, I am told "we can't overbook that restaurant" and when I mention that the last person told me they could overbook anywhere, I'm told "yes, anywhere but here". They did offer me Coral Reef :rolleyes:

Now it's back to calling all of my family members to decide on a new restaurant and to call back and get a new person. Honestly, I wasn't really upset about this to begin with, but now I'm getting a bit frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good place to eat with a 1, 2, and 4 year old? It doesn't have to be Epcot...

Thanks again for all of the advice!

I just got the dreaded phone call from Disney. I booked Teppan Edo on my 90-day mark, promptly at 6am. I'm so dissapointed :-( Teppan Edo is my favorite restaurant. We have a party of 7. I was able to get Coral Reef for 10/2 at 7pm. I'm not that crazy about Coral Reef. Guess I just have to make the best of it. When I asked about my other reservations, I was told that they are ok, unless I get another phone call, she said she wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I hope I don't get any more calls. :sad1:

Now wait just a minute here. They are cancelling Teppen Edo reservations for large parties? And then leaving you to find a new ADR? GREAT! Teppen Edo was my daughter's only choice for her birthday on 9/17. I will be heartbroken and so will she if they cancel our ressies. I wonder if I should call...

The kicker is, our phone number changed due to an issue with my internet service not being able to be fixed on the old number. Disney only has my old number. I'm afraid to change it because of my ADR's!!!

I just got the dreaded phone call from Disney. I booked Teppan Edo on my 90-day mark, promptly at 6am. I'm so dissapointed :-( Teppan Edo is my favorite restaurant. We have a party of 7. I was able to get Coral Reef for 10/2 at 7pm. I'm not that crazy about Coral Reef. Guess I just have to make the best of it. When I asked about my other reservations, I was told that they are ok, unless I get another phone call, she said she wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I hope I don't get any more calls. :sad1:
Well I guess there goes the theory that they cancelled the last reservations booked. If you booked right at 90 days out I find it hard to believe that too many people booked in the +10 for you to keep your ADR. That just stinks.

The kicker is, our phone number changed due to an issue with my internet service not being able to be fixed on the old number. Disney only has my old number. I'm afraid to change it because of my ADR's!!!
LOL. I think I'll turn off my answering machine so they can't leave me any messages. I don't have Teppan Edo but if they start cancelling any other restaurants, well, I might be in trouble. :rotfl:

LOL. I think I'll turn off my answering machine so they can't leave me any messages. I don't have Teppan Edo but if they start cancelling any other restaurants, well, I might be in trouble. :rotfl:

Turning off your machine won't help you, they had to call me when Spoodles closed and my voicemail wasn't working (saw the missed call though) and then they ended up emailing me a couple days later. Sorry.

On the plus side I haven't seen any reports of other restaurants being canceled.

Turning off your machine won't help you, they had to call me when Spoodles closed and my voicemail wasn't working (saw the missed call though) and then they ended up emailing me a couple days later. Sorry.
Darn. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter