Disney Cancelled My Reservations

Plus the CMs take "fake" names, because some were having customers who were not too happy with their customer service find them on social media and harass them. Especially those in billing.

To the OP that is crazy, I'm sure Disney will find a way to rectify the situation, it most likely was an innocent accident.

So have they called you back? If not, I would be calling them tomorrow. Sounds like some kind of systems glitch. If it's in MDE, they should be able to restore it.

Last year they added a third person to our reservation on the My Disney Experience! Every time I made an ADR the third person showed up on the reservation instead of just my daughter and me.

I had to call to get it corrected and it was an interesting experience but they finally fixed it.

Anytime I have had an issue with Disney, I escalate to a manager and also submit an online complaint. They have always gone above and beyond to fix our issues and have even offered free tickets and dining.

ETA: to the point of the thread, OP, I am so sorry and I hope they get it sorted out! Please keep us up to date with the resolution.

After multiple calls and an email some higher up individual called me directly to discuss the issue. I was then told that they wanted to further investigate this claim and would call me back the following day. I received a phone call 5 days later stating they had no explanation about why this occurred and why I was never notified about it. They apologized and had said I would receive something sent to my room to enjoy for their mistake.

So I guess i'll never know.

I'm really sorry to hear that, OP, but glad they will maybe send something special. Did end up losing anything out of the deal when you made the new reservation? Did you get the same room level, etc?

I originally booked on a promotion so i lost that one but they gave me the current promotion for a room only discount. I ended up paying another hundred dollars onto of my credit.

Oh I would definitely throw a fit about that. They should refund that difference without question, I'm surprised they didn't. :(

Yeah I know that is what I figured, but probably not. I was told the least they could do is send something to my room for me and my guests to enjoy for the inconvenience.

thats awful. I would be furious if I had to pay a penny more for the same reservation. This was their mistake and i don't believe for one second that someone doesn't have the authority to issue a credit or offer a discount that is not public.

Yeah I know that is what I figured, but probably not. I was told the least they could do is send something to my room for me and my guests to enjoy for the inconvenience.

They said that was the least they could do... or best they could do?

Inconvenience is the loss of YOUR time and efforts due to their wrongdoing. And being comped for it should be on top of everything that's been restored.

However, it appears you paid an extra $100 for them to comp you an in-room surprise. Not.

Guest Services IS able to override discounts, so I don't understand why they couldn't make this right for you.

I would call back. No way would I pay for my compensation.

They said that was the least they could do... or best they could do?

She said it was the least they could do I so agreed, and then she didn't say anything else. So I'm guessing I paid $100 for one hell of a fruit basket. I figure it is pointless to call back because of all the issues I have had with the cast members on the phone with this issue. I usually have them throw me my confirmation number for the reservation I had to make to cover this one and then they kind of just want me off the phone. So I guess i'll have to wait and see what happens.

Bummer.. That's pretty crappy of them. Let's hope they actually remember to put the special compensation in your room. I would call back and write a letter to Disney customer service.

I emailed in some friendly feedback about the common area being in (embarrassingly) poor shape at one of our deluxe resort stays. I specified our room was good and certainly didn't expect anything, but they called me and asked for my thoughts and then at the end said they had given me a credit! So...I'd be real annoyed if I was you. I'd send an email to their guest services address and explain they didn't offer you the same discount. They may be more helpful.

I've never had this type of issue before BUT they have messed up my reservation just two weeks ago. I called Reservations to simply change the date on my reservation THAT'S IT. I still had a balance to pay off my reservation so he gave me the difference I needs to pay it off and it was lower than I expected and I mean really low, about over $100 low. At first I didn't think anything of it so I ended the call, no harm, no foul. I log into my MDE and they changed my Room Type, package, everything. I was livid especially since I was very close to finally paying the package off only to have it messed up. In the end, I spent almost TWO HOURS trying to get everything corrected over the phone. I spoke with a Supervisor and told them to pass along some feedback. I told him that since Disney wants their guests to do FastPass, reservations, and such online, they should give us the tools to be able to change the date or make any reservation change(s) at our convenience online. I told him that mistakes such as this one would've been avoided if I was able to do it online, that way it would be ME that messed up and if so, I can correct it. I don't like calling CMs at all in reservations because I'm always concerned that a simple request will get messed up and it WAS. LOL. I really hope that you're able to get your issue resolved as quickly as possible because even with my situation, there was a serious lack of accountability and even urgency. Don't get it twisted, MOST of the CMs in reservations have been great but I'd still be more comfortable taking care of my reservation myself. :)

If you paid in full did they issue you a refund when it was inadvertently cancelled?

As for the CM alias's on the phone, that's common practice in call centers. Collections agency staff members do this all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter