Disney Cancelled My Reservations

Capelm25

Earning My Ears
Has this ever happened to anyone where disney cancelled their hotel reservations on them without informing them of it? I just called to ask about something pertaining to my reservation and found this out that someone at disney cancelled my entire trip on me apparently in February.

Has this ever happened to anyone where disney cancelled their hotel reservations on them without informing them of it? I just called to ask about something pertaining to my reservation and found this out that someone at disney cancelled my entire trip on me apparently in February.
I've heard of this happening to people who book a package and don't pay in full by the due date. If that is not your situation then i would gather my proof that I had made a reservation and then give Disney a call.

Yeah that is the only time that I have ever heard of that happening as well. I was told yesterday that apparently a cast member canceled it and never said anything to any other person at disney or even to me, no email about cancelled trip or anything on My Disney Experience, it literally still says it. I had called yesterday and I am waiting for a specific person to call me back today.

Your MDE says you have a reservation, but a CM says you don't, is that right?
Highly unusual. Package? Room only? Have you checked to see whether your deposit was returned?

I wouldn't wait too long for one specific person to call. I'd call back and ask for a supervisor.

Assume you either put a deposit on credit card or paid for the trip/package? If so, did you see a credit appear on your credit card? If not, then I don't see how it could be cancelled. Agree with above, call and request a supervisor.

No my deposit was never returned to me, it had been sitting there labeled a credit. They said since I had made a new reservation prior to calling them there was nothing for them to do and no explanation for them to provide me with. I have never been so frustrated or upset with this company before this.

Wow! I'd email Customer Relations about it with names of any CMs you've spoken to. I've never heard of that happening before, especially since you were paid in full. As others mention, they will cancel a pkg if it's not paid 45 days out.

Exactly, I have to find that email now because I can't believe their explanation is an error and they never notified me about anything for months

Good luck with that and especially with finding out the true names of who you spoke with. It must be a running joke with the CM's that answer calls to use fake names every time they answer. Each time I call the CM's clearly using a phony name like Jasmine, Ariel, etc. I'm not sure if any of the supervisors know but it's a bit insulting.

Good luck with that and especially with finding out the true names of who you spoke with. It must be a running joke with the CM's that answer calls to use fake names every time they answer. Each time I call the CM's clearly using a phony name like Jasmine, Ariel, etc. I'm not sure if any of the supervisors know but it's a bit insulting.
Of course they know! These CMs have always had 'assumed' names. And I always jot down the name and time of my call. It can be tracked that way! If I get exceptional service, I send off an email to commend that person. But, on the other hand, I also send off a negative one if there is a reason.

If it is all still on MDE, take a screenshot of it. Provide copies of your credit card receipt for your original reservation. Send e-mail with copies of all your documentation and ask them to escalate the issue. You can direct communication here:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

I am hoping that the person on the phone just didn't know who to escalate to about the issue. It's odd that the reservation got cancelled, but the payment was never posted back to your card account. That sounds like some sort of system glitch could have happened, or an employee made a mistake somehow that only partially cancelled the reservation.

I would think that Disney wants to make this right for you and hopefully it can be resolved in a positive way for you. Good luck!

It's not intended to be insulting. The phone CMs use assumed names so that they each have a unique name. Instead of, "I talked to Jennifer," and then they have to figure out WHICHEVER Jennifer, it's "I spoke with Ichabod" and they know exactly who, because there is only one.

ETA: to the point of the thread, OP, I am so sorry and I hope they get it sorted out! Please keep us up to date with the resolution.

The call center CMs are encouraged to use Disney names. They're not trying to be deceitful. The calls are monitored and recorded.

If the cancellation happened in early Feb. you may have run into the same problem we had. We checked out of the WL a day early and had a credit balance equal to one night's charges. When I didn't see the credit back on my card after a few weeks, I called their billing department and was told that the credit didn't process because of a "system error". They did process the credit within a couple of days.

Now as to how/why the reservation got canceled, that is a mystery, especially if it still show up in your MDE account.

I just called to ask about something pertaining to my reservation

So you called in ABOUT that reservation.

no email about cancelled trip or anything on My Disney Experience, it literally still says it

It still showed in MDE.

They said since I had made a new reservation prior to calling them

But they say they can't do anything because you had made a NEW reservation before calling them.

That makes no sense. (on their part)

If it's as stated, and there wasn't a first call when you found out it was gone, then you made a reservation, then called and talked to the person who said that because you made the new one etc, I would be having a hard time *believing* that it was cancelled.

I would have them start from the beginning, because it makes no sense.

Each time I call the CM's clearly using a phony name like Jasmine, Ariel, etc. I'm not sure if any of the supervisors know but it's a bit insulting.

Not insulting. Policy.

There is no reason EVER for someone to demand a full name from a CS rep. Not one time that's needed. Companies annotate their phone calls, reps' logins are all over what they touched, etc.

The "what's your real name" stuff is just an attempt at intimidation on the part of the customer. If you think you've gotten someone's "real" name, you're almost certainly wrong. The ONLY thing getting a "real name" does for a person is to put the rep in question in *danger* from some psycho. Are you a psycho? No? You don't need their "real" name. Jasmine that took your call yesterday at 5pm can be easily looked up, by those whose business it is to do that, and thanked on behalf of the customer or re-educated if needed.

When I worked for a call center, we all had to choose unique names. There can be only one Jenny or Mike. We couldn't even have names that were too similar--my chosen name was Kira, but my first choice was Narisse. They said that was too close in pronunciation to Marissa, and they already had one of those. It's about being identifyable to the company while protecting real identities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter