Disney Break

We're on a bit of a WDW break, now. I'm looking forward to Fall 2016, though. We don't get bored there, because we usually go during either Flower and Garden or Food and Wine. Both add lots of extra things to see, events.

Last edited:
We are heading back to WDW this December unless the army has other plans. We haven't been back since 2007 so it's pretty new now with all these changes. Good and bad.

Last year we did our first trip to DLR and we had a great time. I loved it! We don't do disney anything every year because I have the attention span of a knat. I want to see new things and have new experiences. There is so much I need to see!

We will do our Christmas trip this December (maybe) and we will be fine without a Disney trip again for another few years. I have other places to go and new things to try.

I get it. Was trying to figure out if you were absolutely opposed to the park. Yeah, I guess those time and budget constraints force us to make some decisions. Scheduling bit us in the behind this year and we had no family vacation this summer. That really started to sink into some heads this week. I'm thinking next summer the vacation planner(me) will get some responses I can do something with. A week and a half ago with a calendar that looks like it was used for target practice was a tad bit too late for me to pull a rabbit from my hat.

Ouch, yeah that would make for a long Winter :(

Yep, we have been every year since 2005 and after next month's visit we will give it a break for a few years to let all the new stuff get built. We are wanting to explore some other theme parks next year like Sea World and Lego Land for my 4yo son and 2017 I am really hoping for a Disney Cruise, so I better start saving for that one now because man they are expensive!!

We actually just got back yesterday from a 9 day trip. Before this trip we were we all (DH, DD 19 and I) adamant that when we go we stay at a moderate because we really don't spend that much time at the resort to justify spending the extra cash at a deluxe. We have eaten at restaurants at some of the deluxe resorts but never had the desire to stay at one, until this trip. We all ate at Whispering Canyon and my husband and I spent some time at Yacht & Beach Club. These resorts changed things for us.

I know we won't be going back for several years because there are other vacations we want to do, but we know that this was most definitely the last time we will go in August. This is not our first trip then, but this year the heat was just brutal. We also know that next trip we will most likely skip DHS and AK. We tend to not spend a lot of time there anyway and we all love MK and EPCOT. We will probably do a shorter trip and a split stay with a moderate at the beginning and then stay at a Deluxe at the end and maybe not do parks at all for that portion of the trip.

We're discussing what to do next year and the lead idea is to rent an RV and hit the open road.

Disneyland is on the agenda for a future date. DW and I visited right after California Adventure opened, so it's officially checked off my list but my kids haven't been there.

California Adventure is now about twice the size it was when it first opened, and about 10 times better. I never thought it was worth the cost until the Cars Land ride and area opened a few years ago. We're going back in October.

Disney, either Orlando or California, is an every three or four years thing for us. I think I'd get too jaded with it if I visited more often. This way it's still special. Although it HAS been only two years since DLR & CA. Hope I don't get sick of it.

I feel the same way; we have been enough. I can even say that about the Disney cruises. My family would disagree but I'm ready to try a different kind of cruise.

After all the announcements I am thrilled to take a break. We only go every 2-5 years, but the next 2 years are other trips. Our park is Disneyland, so this year will be our last trip as a family for at least 3 years. Our first trip to Disney World will be for the 50th, which is the same years as my husband's 50th.

I realize most will consider this question sacrilege, but do any of you get back from a trip and think "That's enough Disney for a while, I'm going to take a break for a year or two."

We've taken the family 6 times in 7 years with 2 other shorter trips thrown in for good measure and I'm a little burned out on it all. I just feel like we've seen everything, dined everywhere and going back any time soon has no appeal to me.

Call me a traitor, throw hateful remarks - it won't bother me. Yes, I realize the irony of posting this on Disboards.
....I feel the same way about pizza......popcorn::

Me and my DDs' PAPs just expired so we're not going back anytime soon. Well, they play softball at WWoS this Halloween weekend but aside from that we're skipping WDW until Jan 2017. So no renewing PAPs for us and we likely won't buy AP or PAP anymore. We had 2 years of them and squeezed in lots of trips so now we're Disney'd out just a little. Excited for our Carnival cruise next summer.

We had a great time on our last trip (October 2014) BUT didn't like the way FP+ impacted our trip (both planning and touring) or how "untended" and un-cared-for everything seemed to be. All the changes and construction in all 4 parks is getting to be a tad bit much. I understand needing to rehab attractions, and even blocking off large areas for new attractions, but all 4 parks at once? Coupled with ticket increases, along with increased dining and hotel costs? There is a definite lack of value and pixie dust these days. I think we are done for at least 5 years. Even though I occasionally get pangs of nostalgia and "wanting to go," I know this isn't the right time or place for us anymore. It's sad...

We used to go every 1-1 1/2 years. Last spring we got our very first AP and I'm already sad it's going to be over in a few months. We went in June and I was good for while, but we've been blacked out for the summer and I'm itching to go back next week :)

The funny thing is, I love DL more than my kids. Don't get me wrong, they enjoy it, but they definitely are not all super hyped up about going like I am lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter