Disney Break

Tardisblue

Don't Blink
I realize most will consider this question sacrilege, but do any of you get back from a trip and think "That's enough Disney for a while, I'm going to take a break for a year or two."

We've taken the family 6 times in 7 years with 2 other shorter trips thrown in for good measure and I'm a little burned out on it all. I just feel like we've seen everything, dined everywhere and going back any time soon has no appeal to me.

Call me a traitor, throw hateful remarks - it won't bother me. Yes, I realize the irony of posting this on Disboards.

Yep. We've done that and not followed through ove the years. Ended up with at least one short trip a year for 14 years.

However, I can now say that we are taking a break from Disney. It's been more than a year since I've been there and I don't have plans to go back (until they get all the new stuff they've announce built). We are doing Universal/IOA instead (three times this year so far).

Honestly, I haven't the time, the money, nor the inclination to visit Disney year after year after year. The plus side of that is I haven't grown tired of it :)

We've generally only gone to WDW every couple years anyways. We like some variety. Last year, we went to Universal. This fall, we're making our first trip to Disneyland instead of WDW.

We only go every two years anyway, but I did take a break from 1998-2006 after a trying trip. No hot water, attractions broken, being rescued off Pirates, no propane so no hot food in the restaurants, rain etc etc etc. I had had enough, and decided to go elsewhere for awhile. I'm glad I did take the break, but now I can't imagine not having my two year fix.

We went twice last year just because it was my new Wife's first time. No current plans to go back. There are too many more places to visit.

I realize most will consider this question sacrilege, but do any of you get back from a trip and think "That's enough Disney for a while, I'm going to take a break for a year or two."

We've taken the family 6 times in 7 years with 2 other shorter trips thrown in for good measure and I'm a little burned out on it all. I just feel like we've seen everything, dined everywhere and going back any time soon has no appeal to me.

Call me a traitor, throw hateful remarks - it won't bother me. Yes, I realize the irony of posting this on Disboards.

Yep. Specifically after our most recent trip last September. Had a blast for the most part, did our first MNNSHP, but the whole FP+ think just tainted a lot of our park time. We did luck out with 2 super low crowd days (even walked on to Soarin' in the middle of the afternoon) so FP+ didn't come into play on those , but overall, no hurry to get back. We stayed off site in a condo too which was really nice to have, so it was literally the FP+ limitations that had the downside of that trip, for us, anyway. We were all in agreement on it. Like others, we would love to go to Disneyland..but will prob just hold out for the 6 or so years until SW is completed. Will take that long to save up, lol.

There is a big, beautiful world out there! Use your time and money to visit some new places!

(We much prefer Disneyland to WDW. So much more manageable!) (Plus, Walt was actually there!)

We go every other year and for me, that's too often. My wife and son would live there if they could. Our happy compromise is every other year.

We've generally only gone to WDW every couple years anyways. We like some variety. Last year, we went to Universal. This fall, we're making our first trip to Disneyland instead of WDW.

We like more variety also, so we never did steady Disney visits. As it is I'm fed up with the status of things at WDW and have no intention of returning there until the announced additions are ready and I hear that other issues like capacity and such have significantly improved.

I think you have a real treat waiting for you in visiting DLR. Our last visit there was 4 years ago when DCA was largely behind walls, but we were still able to have a wonderful time. We plan to head back when we have a chance to catch all the changes there. I'm envious you will be enjoying all of the 60th anniversary festivities.

There is a big, beautiful world out there! Use your time and money to visit some new places!

(We much prefer Disneyland to WDW. So much more manageable!) (Plus, Walt was actually there!)

We're discussing what to do next year and the lead idea is to rent an RV and hit the open road.

Disneyland is on the agenda for a future date. DW and I visited right after California Adventure opened, so it's officially checked off my list but my kids haven't been there.

We're taking a break after our next trip, but not because we feel we've done everything, we just can't afford to take more than one vacation per year and we would really like to visit Ireland. So, 2016 is WDW, and 2017 will be Ireland.

I udnerstand the burnt-out feeling, though. There was so much construction going on during our last trip that it really put a damper on our visit to AK. Besides the safari, Expedition Everest, and Flights of Wonder, we kinda felt like it was a waste of a ticket. With our upcoming break, we figure that much of the construction going on now will be finishing up by the time we return (only to be replaced with even MORE construction, yay! /sarcasm font).

When our kids were little we'd set the cruise control on the van and it would automatically take us to Disneyland. Now that DH and I are empty nesters and part of the dreaded ECV crowd, we haven't been for two years, but will probably go next year when we're in southern California. After that, we'll wait til DD plans a trip to WDW so we can join her and spoil the grand kids.

We're discussing what to do next year and the lead idea is to rent an RV and hit the open road.

Disneyland is on the agenda for a future date. DW and I visited right after California Adventure opened, so it's officially checked off my list but my kids haven't been there.

Another option would be to rent a van & stay in hotels/motels. :)

Due to a sort of weird grouping of events, we went 3 times last year. On our last trip, DH and I both said that we now needed a break for a while. Lots of other places in the world to explore!

I understand the burnt-out feeling, though. There was so much construction going on during our last trip that it really put a damper on our visit to AK. Besides the safari, Expedition Everest, and Flights of Wonder, we kinda felt like it was a waste of a ticket. With our upcoming break, we figure that much of the construction going on now will be finishing up by the time we return (only to be replaced with even MORE construction, yay! /sarcasm font).

We felt the same way about DHS. I think we spent a half-day, at best, rode everything we wanted and left by 1:00 for the resort pool. There is no way DHS currently provides $100 worth of value for a ticket. They should automatically give you a free park hop after visiting it until the "grand plan" is finished.

We've usually spaced our WDW trips to every 2 years or so. We travel to other places in between. This year was very unusual for me- DH and I did WDW in the early spring and DD and I spent a few days in DLR last month. DLR has kind of cemented my decision to put a hold on future WDW trips for a few years. There's just too many things going on there that have seriously reduced the magic for us. But that's OK. We've still got a long list of other places in the world that we want to experience.

We felt the same way about DHS. I think we spent a half-day, at best, rode everything we wanted and left by 1:00 for the resort pool. There is no way DHS currently provides $100 worth of value for a ticket. They should automatically give you a free park hop after visiting it until the "grand plan" is finished.

I definitely don't disagree, but I cannot foresee it happening when they are stretched to capacity everywhere and no doubt are trying to avoid driving even more bodies into MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter