Disney Books

If your looking for something about other parts of Disney, Annette Funicello's memoirs were really good too. Its a older book so it might be easier to find in the library.
I love reading anything and everything I can get my hands on thats Disney. Disney A to Z is more an encylopedia, but Ive read it cover to cover, both editons I have.

I've almost exhausted my library's supply of Disney books.

Sad to say, it's mostly the trashy Disney books. :(

One of my favorite is Disney wars. I love that book so informative and well written.

I would say checkout Disney Trivia from the Vault: Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered by Dave Smith, it recently came out.

A good friend let me borrow their copy of Realityland before my honeymoon trip in March. I couldn't put it down! It's an interesting look at the beginning stages of planning for the Florida Project and the process of how WDW came to be. I highly recommend it!

I am looking for a few good disney books (biographys, imagineering, the parks, we are open to all topics) to read before our upcoming trip. I know they have talked about a several on the podcast over the years but nothing is coming to mind other than Lee Cockrell's book which I have alread read (and it was wonderful!). I wish there was a database in which I would search podcast archives for certain topics.

Any suggestions? I am also looking for childrens books as well for both kiddos.

Here are two of our favs we have already read:

Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination

DD loves History Makers Bio: Walt Disney (this series of biographys is found at Barnes and Noble and are excellent!)

What do you and/or your kids like to read before a trip (besides watching all the movies and reading the disney story books.)

TIA! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed Disney Wars. It wasn't specifically about just the theme parks, but the Disney Company as a whole. It was very interesting, though some may see it as critical of Disney.

My husband is reading Walt and the Promise of Progress City by Sam Gennaway. He is really enjoying it, he says it is about Walt's true vision for Epcot and just about how Walt built the theme parks in general...the research involved etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter