**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So, I just stumbled on this event and apparently I just loooove spending money. lol

We arrive 12/15 and I wouldn't want to advance purchase in case of flight delays, etc. We are DVC and AP. Would either discount still apply as a walk up? (Assuming it's not sold out) Or are AP/DVC discounts only if purchasing in advance?

Thanks.

My guesses (and they are just that, guesses)...

Sat 12/29 - middle of Christmas to New Years crazy time.

Sat 1/26 - The NFL Pro Bowl is 1/27. Hasn't been a 'major' WDW event since they moved it to Orlando, but there are sometimes things around WDW related to the event.

Sat 2/23 - Princess Half weekend.

Gotcha. We are going weekend of 1/26 to move dd into her dcp. Considering another weekend trip end of Feb. the stars just aren’t aligning for me.

Oh, and we have a precruise stay checking out on 12/15. Sigh.

I received my tickets in the mail yesterday and linked them :yay:

Has any given any thought to strategy? I haven't been to HS since before TSL opened, so just curious how people were approaching things...I know when I did DAH for MK, we avoided 7DMT at the beginning of the night to let things clear out a bit, so wondering if there might be a similar thought regarding SDD...

Here is a question that I have not seen answered (unless I missed it!). During these after hour/EMM events, do you think that they will let us bypass the pre shows to the rides? RnRC and ToT in particular? These pre shows take a bit of time but if they let us bypass them and go straight for the ride, this would certainly be a game changer!! Thoughts?

Here is a question that I have not seen answered (unless I missed it!). During these after hour/EMM events, do you think that they will let us bypass the pre shows to the rides? RnRC and ToT in particular? These pre shows take a bit of time but if they let us bypass them and go straight for the ride, this would certainly be a game changer!! Thoughts?
During emh at Hollywood studios they let us walk right through the studio room. It was still running but we just kept filing through to the next area so maybe they will do that.

Has any given any thought to strategy? I haven't been to HS since before TSL opened, so just curious how people were approaching things...I know when I did DAH for MK, we avoided 7DMT at the beginning of the night to let things clear out a bit, so wondering if there might be a similar thought regarding SDD...
I would think saving sdd for later would be a good plan. Try to start with something like star tours or something with a shorter line

Mine are out for delivery right now! :D

Our plan is to do some character meets, head to ToT and RnR, and then TSL at about 9:30-10. We are getting to HS in the early evening, as we have APs and want to get there and enjoy Baseline and Launch Bay before the event.

I would think saving sdd for later would be a good plan. Try to start with something like star tours or something with a shorter line

Mine are out for delivery right now! :D

Our plan is to do some character meets, head to ToT and RnR, and then TSL at about 9:30-10. We are getting to HS in the early evening, as we have APs and want to get there and enjoy Baseline and Launch Bay before the event.

Baseline is a good idea! Maybe we'll hang there for a bit and head to Star Tours first, then head to RnR and TSL before TSL. My daughter will probably turn into luggage at some point, so not sure I want to save TSL for the end since we haven't seen it. We could go there second and start with AS2 and TSMM before SDD...The good thing is, once the crowds have cleared it should be fairly quick to get around - I remember the MK one, I didn't want to spend too much time backtracking...It will be interesting to see how people fare for the early ones - looking forward to hearing reports!

ETA: Speaking of walking around...I was just looking at the map with TSL included...the exit from TSMM looks long now!

Baseline is a good idea! Maybe we'll hang there for a bit and head to Star Tours first, then head to RnR and TSL before TSL. My daughter will probably turn into luggage at some point, so not sure I want to save TSL for the end since we haven't seen it. We could go there second and start with AS2 and TSMM before SDD...The good thing is, once the crowds have cleared it should be fairly quick to get around - I remember the MK one, I didn't want to spend too much time backtracking...It will be interesting to see how people fare for the early ones - looking forward to hearing reports!

ETA: Speaking of walking around...I was just looking at the map with TSL included...the exit from TSMM looks long now!

The exit is quite a hike. We had to speed walk through it to make sure it didn't cut too much into our time during EMM.

The exit is quite a hike. We had to speed walk through it to make sure it didn't cut too much into our time during EMM.

Good to know! I wonder if it's really empty if they let you stay in your car. We got to just stay in our clam-mobile on Journey of the Little Mermaid during MK DAH - that would be sweet! But probably not...

So, I just stumbled on this event and apparently I just loooove spending money. lol

We arrive 12/15 and I wouldn't want to advance purchase in case of flight delays, etc. We are DVC and AP. Would either discount still apply as a walk up? (Assuming it's not sold out) Or are AP/DVC discounts only if purchasing in advance?

Thanks.
I asked this same question of Member Services today when I was purchasing tickets, and they said that the 25% discount is advance purchase pricing only...no day-of benefits would apply.

I think you could always try heading there after star tours. It’s so hard to tell when the lines will start shortening. Are you going to the first one? You could always wait for reports before making a set plan. If you do go to TSL earlier I would do alien saucers, tsm, then sdd

I think you could always try heading there after star tours. It’s so hard to tell when the lines will start shortening. Are you going to the first one? You could always wait for reports before making a set plan. If you do go to TSL earlier I would do alien saucers, tsm, then sdd

No, I'm not going until MLK weekend - I just was getting antsy to talk strategy, lol :hyper: I'm sure there will be feedback from the December dates - hopefully! But yes, I've heard alien saucers doesn't have too long a wait during park hours so maybe a good place to start - although not sure how accurate that information is!

No, I'm not going until MLK weekend - I just was getting antsy to talk strategy, lol :hyper: I'm sure there will be feedback from the December dates - hopefully! But yes, I've heard alien saucers doesn't have too long a wait during park hours so maybe a good place to start - although not sure how accurate that information is!
Yeah you should hear back from lots of people hopefully before you go. We saw the alien saucers with a low wait in July but in October it had a decently long wait (longer than we wanted to wait). It’s a cute ride, but I wouldn’t wait longer than 20 minutes for it.

Yeah you should hear back from lots of people hopefully before you go. We saw the alien saucers with a low wait in July but in October it had a decently long wait (longer than we wanted to wait). It’s a cute ride, but I wouldn’t wait longer than 20 minutes for it.

It's like a scrambler, yes? I had just read that it hasn't seen huge waits, so I thought it might be a good place to start if we want to avoid back tracking. Really looking forward to reports! What are your dates?

It's like a scrambler, yes? I had just read that it hasn't seen huge waits, so I thought it might be a good place to start if we want to avoid back tracking. Really looking forward to reports! What are your dates?
Yeah it’s pretty similar to a scrambler but not as rough. We actually don’t have any dates lol. I’m just following along for now. If we get our Japan trip mostly paid off we might make a last minute trip but I doubt it

Yeah it’s pretty similar to a scrambler but not as rough. We actually don’t have any dates lol. I’m just following along for now. If we get our Japan trip mostly paid off we might make a last minute trip but I doubt it

Well, that's how some of these things happen, lol! I have been seriously considering coming down alone a day early to do the trifecta of DAH events so I am "following along" with the AK thread and the more I read, the more sense it seems to make!

Japan sounds exciting!

Well, that's how some of these things happen, lol! I have been seriously considering coming down alone a day early to do the trifecta of DAH events so I am "following along" with the AK thread and the more I read, the more sense it seems to make!

Japan sounds exciting!
I’m definitely entrigued by the idea of doing all three! We really do need to save for Japan though. We have about half of the trip paid for in points and are still earning more bonuses to help pay off more

Sorry if I missed this reported upthread, but I noticed Disney updated the language on the DHS DAH website as follows:

“Charachter Greetings”

Now says...

“Charachter Greetings with Toy Story Land Pals, Mickey, Minnie, and Olaf”

I don’t like the specificity in the new wording! A part of me was/is hoping for some new/unusual ones out for DAH, but I guess that may be wishful thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter