What things do you happily spend maximum budget on?

A friend is a charter jet pilot. He wondered how many millions were spent at the Super Bowl in Las Vegas this year just on charter private jets. 525 jets had landing and take off slots. The fuel bill alone for the 12 passenger jet he flew there and back was $13,000.
Pension plans slowly were forced out of existence in many instances because they often were of greater benefit to higher income employees and managers. Thus the shift to 401ks by employers which have rules that limit how much higher paid employees can put in the plan, and encourage lower paid workers to take part. I think the short term cost is the same or greater to the employer but the long term cost is lower since their cost ends when an employee quits.
Lee Iacocca noted in his book Iacocca that one of the biggest problems Chrysler had when he became President was they were spending more on pensions for retired workers, than they were for people who were still working. Thus pension reform because a necessity.
My half brother will be 90 this year and has drawn a pension longer than he actually worked for his employer.
My mom drew a fixed pension, no inflation factor. When she started working for her employer in 1948 her $400 a month pension was good money. It wasn't so good when she retired in 1985, and her social security was three times that amount.

Vacation/travel. I will spend every last penny that dh has budgeted for vacation every year. I also worked one week of spring break and will do 2 weeks of summer school (I am a teacher) to help pay for that. I love making memories with dh and my boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter