Disney 2015...am I the only one?

I have a 7 year old. When he was born, I started stashing money away so we could take him while he was "free." We took him the week he turned 3.

When I got pregnant with my twins in 2012...I started planning our 2015 trip.

2003 and 2011 were spur of the moment when Disney offered a big discount right as we were getting an unexpected extra bit of money.

Our trip in 2015 will probably cost $5k or so...that takes planning!

Our 2015 plans will follow our October 2014 trip. :rotfl: I can't plan more than 6 months in advance otherwise I go stir crazy! Regardless, we'll be there twice per our usual schedule but we'll be changing the months around as DD starts K next September and will be in 1st grade in '15. :( Time goes too fast!

We are planning for 2015! :cheer2:

Our most recent WDW trip was this past May and our trip prior to that was in August 2011, so it seems like going every other year works best for our family for various reasons. We liked going in May so much that we are strongly considering May again for our 2015 trip. We are also expecting a new baby soon so by the time our 2015 trip rolls around the baby will be about 16-17 months old :goodvibes

We are planning a 2014/2015 trip - we have some "stuff" that may happen next year, which could prevent any disney vacations, so may go following year

We were there in 1012 with 11 people. This year it was just dh and I. He has been planning a 2015 trip for 5 years now. We both turn 60 and I will be retiring from teaching that June. (he just retired in June and that is one of the reasons we went this year). He has always wanted to be there on his birthday Halloween so we are going the end of Oct.

He has also started planning our 2018 trip to DL. We were there on our honeymoon and we want to take the family there for our 40th anniversary.

We went for ten days in June and aren't planning to go back until May/June 2015. It will be our tenth trip.

We leave in 120 days woohoo. I already know I want to go back at the end of 2015. My oldest graduates in 2016 and I want to take her back one more time before college.

Nice to know that I am not the only one that has not "cut the cord" since the trip! I keep obsessing over what I "should have done", "should have rode"! It is making me crazy. We had a wonderful time and it was PERFECT! I hope that I can hold out to 2015. Just don't think I can budget for it before then. Perhaps I should spend some time on the Budget Board and see if I can make it happen sooner!! :)

We can't go all the time like so many here do (slightly jealous!!) and DH doesn't really "get" why I love it. But I was able to take our son (20 months old at the time) in May. We went with my mom, sis, niece and nephew. DH knows he has to go when DS is older and he's actually looking forward to it.

I thought we'd go in 3 years (2016) when DS is 5, but after seeing how much fun he had and how much he now loves the Disney movies, I'm pretty sure we'll be going in 2015. I came back with some $$ left on a Disney gift card, so the fund is already started. I want to go when the Christmas decorations are up. I have a mental list of things I want to make sure we do, but I haven't put anything on paper yet.

Next trip is feb 2014, but I'm already thinking ahead to may 2015 (poly?) and dec 2016! (Gf?)

I'd plan them closer but DH seems to think that's excessive?

Our trip for October 2014 just got deep sixed. I am not happy about it at all. :sad2: DH then told me to go ahead and plan for October of 2015. I won't even start planning that until the room reservations are booked. I pretty much had the 2014 trip mapped out as much as I could for being a year+ away. I'm just a little bit bitter. :mad:

*ETA* Ironically, the park maps I ordered when I was given the go ahead for the 2014 trip arrived today. Nope, not bitter. At. All.

We're in the car on the way from Disney World right now, and I'm planning our trip back in November 2015! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So I just returned from 8 wonderful nights at POR ..and now I am off to planning the next one! Looking at March 2015...anyone else?

With DVC, we go every two years. So when we get back, we start talking about two years from now. In fact, to get the rooms and flights we want, we BOOK at our DVC 11 month window, so we are ACTIVELY planning by 11 months before.

We have gone 2 years in a row, so we are finding a new destination for 2014, but have plans for WDW in 2015 again, likely in the summer and for longer than we have ever gone. We just finished an 8 day trip, but DH agrees that we could use a little more time, especially if we want to relax every now and then! The plan is Ft Wilderness again, but depending on what kind of discounts and perks we can find (such as friends with DVC!! ;) ), we will play it by ear. Gosh, I wish I could start planning now!

We just returned this past weekend and are already planning our next trip for 2015:goodvibes Can't decide between early May or early December...? I never think it's too early to start planning your next trip especially to Disney;)

My son graduates preschool in 2015. Im hoping to swing some days in the Cars Suite at AofA or if he looks like hell hit 40 inches, well go to Disney Land for Cars Land.

But Im still undecided about 2014. My daughter is graduating Elementary school so I thought about going after school is out like we did this year, but our last two trips have been in June (one early June, one late June) and we've had a named storm on both so I thought maybe traveling outside hurricane season might give us a break. Our Spring Break is Good Friday through the entire week after Easter. I have thought about the Monday and Tuesday after Easter at Sea World (if they still have the $50 weekday tickets), then the rest of the week, (when easywdw says crowds will get back down below 9) at Disney.

But my son recently finished up potty training and I havent been on a cruise in 6 years and weve never sailed DCL. Every time my children see the commercial they talk about going on the Mickey boat. Potty training was the main obstacle because with the difference in their ages, they wouldnt be able to do the splash area together. They actually have what could be an affordable trip on the Magic that sails that Monday. The Dream sails that same week and I'm thinking that might cut down the crowds on the Magic.

Decisions, decisions.

Uh, I am lurking around for our trip in (likely) June 2017. My kids will be 4 and 5.5. The June isn't for sure, but it will be sometime that year- depends on if I am still teaching or not. We have trips to San Diego, Aulani, and at least 2 Disneyland trips between now and then though- so plenty to keep us occupied! We have DVC, so we plan ahead.... and I'm nuts! :rotfl:

But, because it is so much harder to go to WDW than DL for us, this will be our kids' only trip in those magical ages. So, we will be doing this one big. I already warned my husband it will be a costly one- but he agrees this is the trip to go big or go home!

We go "home" dec 12th but just made reservations for sept 2014 or our next homecoming.
DVC 11 months out at home resort.

2016 to Disneyland California here! been planning for a few months. its my mum's 60th birthday and mine and hubbies 10th wedding anniversary. can't wait!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We just returned a few weeks ago from our most recent WDW trip. I haven't even finished going through our photos (800+ of them!) and I'm planning our next trip. I've decided on September 2015. Youngest DS will be turning 4 that month, it's shortly after my *gulp* 40th birthday, and oldest DD and I are anticipating completing our college degrees that Spring too.

So, we have a lot to celebrate that Fall and I'm really looking forward to celebrating it together in my favorite place in the world :) I've already got a list of resorts I'm considering - we have to either get a suite or get 2 rooms next time due to our family size - we will probably have to fly or take more time off, and I have a budget/savings plan in place. The new "Mickey Jar" is already seeing some savings in it. Woohoo!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter