Disney 2015...am I the only one?

3fairies

Earning My Ears
So I just returned from 8 wonderful nights at POR ..and now I am off to planning the next one! Looking at March 2015...anyone else?

Heading to por in 2 days dh says were going somewhere else in 2014 so i was thinking Feb 2015....

DH demands that we go to Star Wars Weekends in 2015 in honor of the next movie coming out.

Everyone thinks I am crazy to want to go again when I just got back. I feel like there is so much I did not get to do..did not get to see! Guess it is vacation hangover!

I'm working on 2016 trips (although not to Disney) so no, you are not the only one to plan that far in advance

Ha... vacation hangover indeed! :) I get a mix of hangover and let-down after a Disney trip. I'm so exhausted it takes weeks to recover, but I'm also depressed because it's over. LOL

We go every other year, we just went in May 2013, so 2015 it is for us too! DS1 just started middle school, so our usually alternating May and October is no longer going to fly-he really can't miss a full week of school.

We are debating the alternatives at this point:

1) the last week of August, since school starts after Labor Day for us... insanely hot, but lower to mid-range crowds (by easywdw standards, we usually hit 5/6 times, but that week has 4s)

2) "Jersey Week" (dun dun dunnnn lol)... with school closed for Teacher's Convention Thursday and Friday, they'd only miss 3 days of school (all 3 are in school), the 5/6 crowds we're used to, but the park hours start getting shorter and even in October sometimes we're uncomfortable at the water parks because it's not "hot enough"

3) Spring Break... I would have written this off assuming the crowds would be ureasonable, but looking at EWDW it might not be that bad-we'd have to see when Easter falls in relation to the break. It looks like this past year, with Easter at the end of March 2013, the first week in April was all 9s so it looked like Easter was the main draw. However, they have March 14 posted and most weeks are 7-9s (the end is all 9s) and Easter isn't until 4/20, so I'm not sure if Easter weeks are worse, or if March is worse. :P I'll have to keep my eye on that.

Any advice would be appreciated! Other than that, just counting the days!

It will be so weird, FP+ and the kiosks, magic bands, the Dwarf ride... so many things will be different! (Of course, I have 2 boys, so I didn't even get a glimpse of BOG, so lots is still new to me!)

Went in August and heading back in august 2014. 2015 will be a non Disney trip, but then probably back in 2016.

We're planning for December 2015, parks and cruise. Hoping cruise dates are out soon so I can start some scheduling, I hate when dates aren't decided!

We are planning our first trip for September of 2015. We were going to go next year but decided to sell our house instead so we pushed the trip back one year. I've started making plans anyways because I'm excited even if it's almost two years away. :)

We are DVC members. We have our trips mapped out and annual pass purchasing strategy mapped out through 2018 right now.

• We haven't been to WDW since Oct 2011.
  • Last year we did DL and 14 night DCL Hawaii
  • We are leaving for a 7 night Wonder-ful day in 3 weeks
  • Next year we are doing the 14 night Magic-al West Bound Trans Atlantic
  • Planning on WDW in October of 2014 for MNSSHP and F&W
  • Alauni (Hawaii) in 2016

So yup, we are always in the planning stages too. :goodvibes

I'm hoping for either June or August 2015. New Fantasyland will be complete, hopefully Magic Bands and FP+ will be straightened out, and maybe some new openings at Disney Springs.

We are going back in May of 2014 but in 2015 we are planning a Christmas trip. Staying at the Fort. It will be for 2 wks.

We don't leave until Dec 1st for our trip, and I already have the days for 2015 picked out. Gonna do a cruise/couple days at Epcot/MK. Going during October.

At least it'll give me something to do once I finish off this years resi's

January 2015 here! My DH thinks I'm nuts for planning so far ahead, but I can't help it! It passes the time! :cool1:

We're going back in March 2015 too! I have very tentative dates- the 3rd to the 17th. First week at Disney, second offsite. My 21st birthday's on the 9th, so wanted it to fall in my first week. Hopefully the second week won't be too crowded at Universal and Seaworld!

Planning a graduation trip with friends for 2016 and a 21st b-day/SWW trip with my dad in 2019...shh..;)

When my daughter starts acting like I am nuts due to planning a trip so far in the future, I just come to this board and I feel so much better.

My grandson is 20 months old and I want to give him a big trip when he is about 5. So, I am looking at 2017. It will be mostly a surprise. I say mostly due to my daughter has relatives in Florida and he will think we are only going there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter