DISmoms Gone WILD!!!!! A trip to WDW w/out the KIDS!!!10/6 Updates p.36 FINISHED!

Quick question for everyone who's been to Raglan Rd recently- did you think the food was as good as the last time you went? Other than to see Hottie Mc Hotness, was it worth the trip? Just trying to figure out whether to eat dinner there with DH or not this fall- I'm seeing some not so great reviews- thanks!!:goodvibes

Quick question for everyone who's been to Raglan Rd recently- did you think the food was as good as the last time you went? Other than to see Hottie Mc Hotness, was it worth the trip? Just trying to figure out whether to eat dinner there with DH or not this fall- I'm seeing some not so great reviews- thanks!!:goodvibes

My meal was just as good in May as it was when we went last June. I ordered the same dish - which you will see coming up in my installment!:)

I'm lovin' this TR! It is so fun to see you girls having so much fun together.

Love the Margarita Stand
Fulton's looks great - have to get there!
RR - Yummie - enough said:rolleyes1 The dancer looks interesting....

Saana - Wow! That looks so awesome! I would love to eat with the animals. When we ate at Boma, our palates weren't tuned in too well to the African spices, but we could try again! The wine flights look great!

As you all already read, Ellen and Lonnie left us for the night and headed back to dinner at AKL. Kara and I headed over to Raglan Road. Our dinner ADRs weren't until 8:45pm and it was now 8pm but we thought we'd check in and hope to be seated early.

We put our names in and headed to - where else? The bar!

Hmmmmm - what to choose?

DSC04738.jpg

We settled on a couple of Harps (well I know that's what I had) and and took a seat to be able to watch the show that was just about to start.

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04740.jpg

DSC04741.jpg

The entertainment here is really good - but it only comes out after 8 or 8:30 and I never seem to stick around for it. I would really love to just come here and hang out in the bar area one night. Very fun atmosphere.

Oh - and can't forgot -- let the kids on a stick out of our bags to soak up the Irish atmosphere also:

DSC04743.jpg

Finally our beeper went off - our table was ready. We were thrilled to be seated early and EVEN more thrilled when we saw who would be seating us!:lovestruc

As Kara already mentioned - he sure was purty! Of course, she left me in the dust to scurry along with this handsome young man as he showed us to our table. The minute we sat down and he left, she asked me if I had taken a picture. Of what? His backside? (Didn't think that would be very "Disney-like" of me!:snooty:) So now I knew my assignment for this meal would be to get his picture.:thumbsup2

We passed on appetizers and went right for the main course. I ordered the same dish I had when I first ate here last June - the Jus Chicken:

DSC04745.jpg

This dish is delicious. The chicken is so juicy, the mashed potatoes - so smooth. And I wish I could remember what exactly is in the cream sauce for the chicken but it was YUMMY!

For dessert, both Kara and I each ordered our own Bread Pudding.

DSC04746.jpg

I don't know what we were thinking. We were already both so full and neither one of us could finish it. We should have just ordered one and split it.:headache:

And yes, we also forgot to present our TIW card to get our discount - a mistake we made NOT to make again for the rest of the trip.

As promised, I got that picture for Kara that she wanted. It's worth posting again, don't you think?

DSC04747-1.jpg

Now - onto SHOPPING!!!

I picked up a few small items for the girls in the World of Disney store. And we also checked out the new Trend-T (sp?) store that Ellen mentioned in her post. A little on the expensive side - but cute, and different, stuff. I bought two shirts for Amanda and Lauren. Here's the one for Amanda:

DSC05024.jpg

Lauren must have hers at her dad's because I can't find it. I'll post of pic later.

After shopping, it was time to go REALLY wild and get..................

TATOOS!!!!

Kara went first:
DSC04748.jpg

The finished product - TINKERBELL!
DSC04749.jpg

I got a tatoo of Captain Jack on my ankle but don't have a pic of it on my camera. Maybe Kara has one? Anyway - aren't we just crazy? :p

We finally called it a night and headed back to the resort. We were in the room by midnight.

Tomorrow - few hours at MK; then the big DISmeet in Epcot!

You wild DIS moms getting tatoo's LOL.

Love the Tink shirt and im not a tink fan, cant wait to check out the new shop.

And thanks for posting a pics of Mr Hottie... you can throw in anytime just for some eye candy here and there throught the trip report if ya want.. just saying lol

More great updates ladies. I am leaving today, so I wanted to do one last read of your crazy adventure. My trip should be a bit more tame, since its a family trip! :laughing:

I can't wait to check out Tren-D. Is that where you got the tattoos? It looks like you guys had so much fun! :)

That Tink tat is so cute!!!! The food at RR looks so yummy-maybe if I show DH your pics of Miss Hottie we'll eat there next trip. :lmao:

Ellen - I thought everything was just as good as before at RR - but I did get the shepherds pie this time and did NOT like it as well as R&C. Not that that is a bad thing, I just REALLY loved it at R&C. And the scenery was better than the first time I was there....... ;)

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my computer? I can see all pictures except those posted by Cammie, and I definitely feel I am missing out without Cammie's pics;)

More great updates ladies. I am leaving today, so I wanted to do one last read of your crazy adventure. My trip should be a bit more tame, since its a family trip! :laughing:

Hope you're having a BLAST!!!!:banana:

Ellen - I thought everything was just as good as before at RR - but I did get the shepherds pie this time and did NOT like it as well as R&C. Not that that is a bad thing, I just REALLY loved it at R&C. And the scenery was better than the first time I was there....... ;)

Thanks- and thanks Cammie for saying the same- and I know Alan's family loved it too, so it's back on the list!

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my computer? I can see all pictures except those posted by Cammie, and I definitely feel I am missing out without Cammie's pics;)

No idea- can you still not see them? Maybe ask on the technical board?

Ok- it's another black and rainy day here in NJ, so I think I'll do my next installment to brighten things up....:sunny:

Sooo...on Sunday morning the phone rang waaaayyyyy too early and we showered and packed up (pretty easy to do since we had never UNpacked to begin with!) and brought our luggage to Bell Services to store- this was all by 6:30 am!! But first, the view from the value room (notice how dark it still is!!)

2009_052006summer0084.jpg

2009_052006summer0086.jpg

They had told us to be at the Concierge check-in desk by 6:45, and it was a good thing we listened...because the line that formed behind us to go on the safari was pretty long!! After we were checked into both the room and the safari, we had time to relax and enjoy some coffee in the lounge-

2007_051606summer0005.jpg

2007_051606summer0006.jpg

2007_051606summer0007.jpg

We all headed downstairs to regroup before heading out to the buses to AK- which we entered through the back CM entrance.

AKL fireplace-
2007_051606summer0008.jpg

2007_051606summer0012.jpg

2007_051606summer0013.jpg

We were on the second bus with George, who was VERY Disney CM. He told us a lot of interesting things...like, there are 2 sets of fences around the park- one to keep the animals IN, and one to keep the animals OUT. We were loaded onto the Kilamanjaro Safari vehicles- the difference between this safari and that, was that we were out on the savannah for 1 hour and 15 minutes, instead of 10 minutes. We really saw all the animals, really heard alot about them, and saw soooo much more than I have ever seen on this safari before. It was EXCELLENT!!!! I took a gazillion animal pics, it was really fun! The other thing that was really great? Lonnie & I had our own row- so we could slide from side to side to see the animals. Awesome. The thing that sucked? The 1 1/2 year olds who had to be on the trip. NOT. A. GOOD. IDEA. Yes, babies like animals. But...they don't like them for over an hour. Lonnie & I felt really bad for those little ones. And we wanted to pummel their parents. Seriously!

2007_051606summer0014.jpg

2007_051606summer0015.jpg

2007_051606summer0023.jpg

This next one is a Bongo. Absolutely gorgeous!! This was my favorite animal of the trip, I think. It was our guide's as well. They have one at the AKV, but since they are nocturnal, he is hard to see there.

2007_051606summer0028.jpg

2007_051606summer0030.jpg

2007_051606summer0032.jpg

2007_051606summer0035.jpg

2007_051606summer0038.jpg

2007_051606summer0039.jpg

2007_051606summer0041.jpg

2007_051606summer0048.jpg

2007_051606summer0057.jpg

2007_051606summer0059.jpg

2007_051606summer0061.jpg

And then, out of nowhere, there it was. I had heard about this animal, the elusive KJ, but never expected to see it on this safari. More fiercely terrifying than Great white sharks in a frenzy, this animal is the most feared in all the Animal Kingdom. At first sight, babies screamed, women cried, and the CM fainted.:scared1: I bravely shot this photo before our jeep sped away at lightening speed to safety-

2007_051606summer0063.jpg

:rotfl2:

Cont'd next post-

More of the less frightening animals...

2007_051606summer0066.jpg

The elephants were so cute! They were drinking water and having some hay-

2009_052006summer0110.jpg

2009_052006summer0117.jpg

2009_052006summer0121.jpg

The rhinos were going at it-

2009_052006summer0131.jpg

2009_052006summer0088.jpg

The giraffes were really cool! They ran right in front of our jeep and it was interesting to see how fast they could move, and also notice how they move. They move the 2 legs on the right, then the 2 left legs- always 2 on each side at once.

2009_052006summer0090.jpg

2009_052006summer0097.jpg

2009_052006summer0098.jpg

Can you find the hidden mickey in this one??

2009_052006summer0129.jpg

2009_052006summer0128.jpg

The lions were actually moving a little bit, but we couldn't stick around to watch too much, because it was now past 9:15, and the park was open. (we had gotten a little bit of a late start i think because a family was late showing up earlier that morning).

2009_052006summer0148.jpg

Our safari ended, and now we were to walk over to Pizzafari for breakfast. On the way-

2009_052006summer0159.jpg

Lonnie & George (of the Jungle), he was great to listen to-

2009_052006summer0162.jpg

2009_052006summer0167.jpg

2009_052006summer0163.jpg

There was a large buffet set up, and we all went up to help ourselves-

2009_052006summer0168.jpg

2009_052006summer0169.jpg

2009_052006summer0170.jpg

2009_052006summer0171-1.jpg

Note to self- no matter how pretty they look, don't try the eggs at the buffet- they are :crazy2: HORRIBLE!!!! We were seated next to another family we had met in the lounge before the safari- a Mom, her mom, and her two kids, a son and daughter. The son was a trip and a half- he went up to Loni and told her he was gifted. From then on, Loni referred to him as the Gifted one. More on him later....

I am so glad we added the extra day so we could do the Sunrise Safari! Yes, it was a bit of a pain to check out and check in before 7 am, but really, it was not that bad. And it was truly worth it. We saw the animals of Kilamanjaro Safaris in a whole new way. And learned a great deal about them from CM George (of the jungle). This safari is only open to AK Concierge guests- so if you ever have the opportunity to do it, I STRONGLY urge you to get the early morning wake-up call from the mouse, suck it up, and go! :thumbsup2

We gave Cammie & Kara a call- they were at MK, after having one HECK of a morning getting there, so we made a plan to hook up at Epcot in a couple of hours before our Mammoth May Meet! There had been talk of them joining us at AK, but Cammie successfully avoided EE yet ANOTHER time...

Lonnie & I spent the morning enjoying some of the AK attractions we had not done on our last visit. Next up- it's a sunny day in the Animal Kingdom....better enjoy it while you can!!!

And then, out of nowhere, there it was. I had heard about this animal, the elusive KJ, but never expected to see it on this safari. More fiercely terrifying than Great white sharks in a frenzy, this animal is the most feared in all the Animal Kingdom. At first sight, babies screamed, women cried, and the CM fainted.:scared1: I bravely shot this photo before our jeep sped away at lightening speed to safety-

2007_051606summer0063.jpg

My dearest Ellen - Be afraid.... be VERY afraid!!!!! Yes, I'm talkin to you!
The rhinos were going at it-
[

Hey, keep it clean!!!! This is a family forum! :rotfl2:

Oh, and I made a song for you....

"There was a safari that had an animal and Bongo was it's name-o.
B-O-N-G-O, B-O-N-G-O, B-O-N-G-O and Bongo was it's name-o."

Again, Be Afraid!!!!!
watching.gif

The photos are amazing. I can't imagine how much better the animals were in real life.

The KJ is scary.

My dearest Ellen - Be afraid.... be VERY afraid!!!!! Yes, I'm talkin to you!

Hey, keep it clean!!!! This is a family forum! :rotfl2:

Oh, and I made a song for you....

"There was a safari that had an animal and Bongo was it's name-o.
B-O-N-G-O, B-O-N-G-O, B-O-N-G-O and Bongo was it's name-o."

Again, Be Afraid!!!!!
watching.gif

Of who...YOU??:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

My dear Kara, in case you've forgotten, I'm a JERSEY GIRL!!! Has Bravo tv taught you nothing?? WE are afraid of NO ONE! :rotfl:

The photos are amazing. I can't imagine how much better the animals were in real life.

The KJ is scary.

Thanks- and yes, the KJ is freakin' TERRIFYING!!!!!:lmao: (Except to me- I'm from Joisey!);)

What an amazing safari ride and photos. It really makes staying at AKL worth the stay. It was great meeting all of you at the Dismeet at Epcot. Sorry that I couldn't stay longer but I had the 2 little kids and their attention span did not allow that.

It's been fantastic reading the reports from all the different perspectives. Keep up the good work.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter