DISmoms 3! If the Tiara fits... 5/13-5/17/11 Complete! 11/8!

Welcome Back Ellen!

Great photos of your recent trip. Your boys are getting so grown up and handsome. They are gonna be breaking some girls heart one of these days! :rotfl: Can't wait to hear about that cliff jumping and everything else you did. Looks like you had a fun time.

What a night at DTD you ladies had. That little friend, Rita, makes you lose all your inhabitions doesn't she? Dang her! :rotfl2: Well, she makes me lose mine! :laughing:

Ellen! Welcome home! I'm glad your 'cheating' cruise turned out so fabulous!

Okay, gotta say the pic of Tyler with the girls makes me go Hmmm - didn't realize he had grown up so much! :goodvibes The cliff jumping looks crazy! I hope you do a little TR - I would love to hear all about it !

DISMOMS: Your :santa: pics are gorgeous! The ruby red ritas look so yummy! Love all the hats and tiaras! You are definitely the Divas of Disney!:thumbsup2

Yea- the cheating cruise was great- Pods & I would go back in a heartbeat- Tyler said he would if he knew there would be great kids on board, and Timmy- well, we'll see how he feels if we ever go again. They both like DCL a LOT more- they said that there was not a lot to do on the ship compared to DCL. They were fine when their friends were around- but bored when they weren't. I have to say I was not very impressed with their kids program.

:rotfl2: OMG! That is tooooooooooo funny! Sounds like we better meet up for a rita at the ditch! You're gonna need it!

We are staying at OKW. I was originally booked for VWL, but forgot I had a memorial service on the 11th. DOH. I had to change the whole reservation. Then I missed the 7 month booking window for everything and decided to just stay there and not waitlist. Actually looking forward to seeing the remodel and having a little extra room. I've never stayed there before.

Ellen -

I can NOT believe pods jumped off that cliff! OMG! How high was that????? There is NO WAY I could do that.

I really want to try that grapefruit rita at DTD. It's looks so good!

Well, make sure you eat before you drink that Rita, my friend- because it is ALL booze- after about half, we tossed them.

And that cliff was 35 feet high. :scared1:

Yikes, Jane, I'm sorry I just saw this. I am so behind on everything. I have had this TR open in my laptop all week hoping to get a chance to read at work and am just now getting an oportunity! :eek:

How was Aquatica? We still haven't been over there.

No worries!

Aquatica was excellent. The kids loved it. I thought it would be very crowded given it was mid-July and hotter than hot, but we got there as soon as they opened and had no trouble going on everything. The longest we waited was 20 minutes for a family raft/slide ride.

The crowds definitely picked up by late afternoon, but by then we were headed out so it didn't affect us....we zigged, they zagged!

Sooo....after we finished our fabulous and HOT meal at Sanaa, we decided to go spend some money...I mean,time, over in DTD. First, it was time for our annual Christmas pic-

OK, you have just got to love a woman who comes back from a 9 day vacay and jumps right back into finishing her trip report. That's dedication and love right there folks!

The pics from the latest family adventure look amazing. Can't wait to read that report too.

OMG on the rock diving! Tyler looked too grown up next to the girls. He's really becoming a handsome young man. They usually hit a gawky stage before they start turning into men, then presto they are grown!

Did I recognize San Juan? I may have to rethink doing a cruise.;)

Welcome Back Ellen!

Thanks Chris!:goodvibes

Great photos of your recent trip. Your boys are getting so grown up and handsome. They are gonna be breaking some girls heart one of these days! :rotfl: Can't wait to hear about that cliff jumping and everything else you did. Looks like you had a fun time.

We had a great time- not sure when I will start the TR, but I will post here when I do!

What a night at DTD you ladies had. That little friend, Rita, makes you lose all your inhabitions doesn't she? Dang her! :rotfl2: Well, she makes me lose mine! :laughing:

Well....that's the funny thing about all of us- even without Rita, we lose all our inhibitions in WDW- we're just all having a GREAT time!!!:banana::yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:

OK, you have just got to love a woman who comes back from a 9 day vacay and jumps right back into finishing her trip report. That's dedication and love right there folks!

The pics from the latest family adventure look amazing. Can't wait to read that report too.

Aww....I actually was feeling guilty I had not updated in such a long time! It IS dedication and love (in addition to INSANITY!). :rotfl2: :lovestruc

Sheeees back! :cool1:

I was starting to go into withdrawl! Love the pics of the cruize and of Rico Suave. :love: You are going to have to beat the girls away with sticks!

The cliff diving and Segway tours look great, as did the handsome fellas in the tuxes!

Great update! But throwing booze away? That's alcohol abuse! You just buy a juice or soda somewhere to mix in and keep it going! :rotfl:

Sheeees back! :cool1:

I was starting to go into withdrawl! Love the pics of the cruize and of Rico Suave. :love: You are going to have to beat the girls away with sticks!

The cliff diving and Segway tours look great, as did the handsome fellas in the tuxes!

Great update! But throwing booze away? That's alcohol abuse! You just buy a juice or soda somewhere to mix in and keep it going! :rotfl:

We were cracking up at Tyler with those girls- they were so cute! An hour later, he was walking around with 2 other ones! :scared1:

And we soooo couldn't mix anything with those Ritas- they were painful!:laughing:

After making a few purchases in the stores (alot of us got iphone skins) we decided to make one more stop- we needed to see the elusive Hotti-McHotness in RR. So off we went to track him down....

IMG_1653.jpg

We sat at the bar and enjoyed the entertainment- I ordered a Blue Moon-

IMG_1654.jpg

And then we began to harass the staff about the whereabouts of their local Hottie. :rolleyes:

Who wasn't there....AGAIN! I swear, I think he sees Kara comin' and hides out in the back!! :idea:

We enjoyed ourselves ANYWAY,

IMG_1656.jpg

the entertainment in RR was great. REALLY good band, and who doesn't like an Irish dancer? Especially one with costume changes. :rolleyes: But we were getting tired, so we headed to the bus stop.

Which, of course, was fun, too.

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

Joan and her club soda-

IMG_1660.jpg

Kara asks evie for just one more dance-

IMG_1661.jpg

And Laura slipped and showed us her true self-

Once on the bus, Laura had another joke to tell from MinnieSoder-

We sang "You are the wind beneath my wings" to Kara because she BEGGED us to, then hopped off to thunderous applause at the Boardwalk (we must be VERY talented:upsidedow).

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

Then we walked the 10 miles or so back to our room, in traditional DISmom-after-dark step-

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

aaahhhh...good times, huh Joanie? :goodvibes

Up next- Day 3- we're going to Animal Kingdom!:yay:

I need prayers today. I'm getting a pacemaker because I passed out five rimes yesterday and stopped bearing my heart for 20 seconds.

I need prayers today. I'm getting a pacemaker because I passed out five rimes yesterday and stopped bearing my heart for 20 seconds.

Oh goodness, I hope everything is ok. Prayers for sure! :littleangel::grouphug::littleangel::grouphug:

and a lil pixie dust never hurt anyone either... :wizard:

And besides, Ellen is back now and I'm gonna TELLLLLLLLLL!

Oh please! No! ;) I think she's already mad at me because I think she thinks I was trying to insinuate I was gonna charter her St. Thomas guy for only $200....:rolleyes1:lmao:

I was thinking of you and "the gang" just this am &....

...just H-a-D to watch the MTV video, "Video Killed the Radio Star":laughing:

Now if only you guys cud do some sort of a music video like "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama.;)

HA! :rotfl2:

We had heard a rumor that there was a great new Rita at the stand- Ruby Red grapefruit. It came highly recommended by our friend, Tracey (manntra). And the bartender was so happy we had heard about them!

Not a grapefruit fan....bu who am I kidding? I'd try it!

Then we made our way over to WoD, where Lonnie & Evie decided to shop for new chapeaux-

Ya Mon-

Who knew Evie would look so good as Bob Marley?

Shy Lonnie decided on a subtle Tiara upgrade-

ooooh! flashy! ;)

We really enjoyed all the new Legos-

OMG we couldn't get anywhere near them in July, it was insanity. (Yes it was July 4th we were there, but still...) I thought there must have been real lego characters out there or something as long as the lines were just to get close to get pics of the sculptures! :eek:

But we still had one more stop to make...

After making a few purchases in the stores (alot of us got iphone skins) we decided to make one more stop- we needed to see the elusive Hotti-McHotness in RR. So off we went to track him down....

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Ah those iphone cases...so awesome. I still need to get one. And I really do "need" one now, since I have dropped and nicked my current case a lot! :rolleyes1

And then we began to harass the staff about the whereabouts of their local Hottie.

Who wasn't there....AGAIN! I swear, I think he sees Kara comin' and hides out in the back!!

I just can't imagine WHY he would do that...! :rotfl:

We sang "You are the wind beneath my wings" to Kara because she BEGGED us to, then hopped off to thunderous applause at the Boardwalk (we must be VERY talented).

Why no video of this? HMMMMM?

Then we walked the 10 miles or so back to our room, in traditional DISmom-after-dark step-

Oh you are all so lovely and poised! I see you are all finishing school graduates! :snooty:

Speaking of hijacks....lolz.....

Well....we're back!!! Another fabulous vacation...and sooooo EASY to drive half an hour to the port- and let the fun BEGIN!! LOVED that!! Here are a few pics to get you ready for the new TR....

Ok....here's a "few" pics from our most recent expedition....

And my favorite pic of all....

IMG_4790.jpg

Wow, what a pimp! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: :smooth:

Yea- the cheating cruise was great- Pods & I would go back in a heartbeat- Tyler said he would if he knew there would be great kids on board, and Timmy- well, we'll see how he feels if we ever go again. They both like DCL a LOT more- they said that there was not a lot to do on the ship compared to DCL. They were fine when their friends were around- but bored when they weren't. I have to say I was not very impressed with their kids program.

It is kind of a bummer to hear about the kids club on RCCL. I am surprised the boys got bored but that's a testament to the DCL kids clubs. We never even took them to the kids clubs on Independence. I am NOT a fan of Royal's age breakdown having the 12-17's together. A tween type club like the Edge on DCL would be much preferable. That was actually part of the reason we decided to back up our dates to September, that means Brendan will still be in the 9-11's. After the Edge I don't expect him to like it much, but he will have check in/out privileges and will surely be at one of the flowriders all the time anyway. ;)

BTW El were those families you were with on the Explorer friends you knew from home, from the CC meet thread or just random peeps you met onboard?

Can't wait to read the trippie. No pressure to get started or anything. :rolleyes1

(coming from the one who is already having trouble keeping up!) :lmao:

No worries!

Aquatica was excellent. The kids loved it. I thought it would be very crowded given it was mid-July and hotter than hot, but we got there as soon as they opened and had no trouble going on everything. The longest we waited was 20 minutes for a family raft/slide ride.

The crowds definitely picked up by late afternoon, but by then we were headed out so it didn't affect us....we zigged, they zagged!

Well, we'll just HAVE to go then! :thumbsup2 They are run by the same company as our local waterpark so I expect it will be very similar. :)

CRdisMom said:

I already sent you well wishes but here are some more!!:hug::grouphug::flower3: We're thinking about ya girl!!! :love2:

So glad to see that Laura is out of surgery and did well - I am very concerned that she is so young and going through this. :hug: to you Laura!

Ellen - I am :rotfl2: at all your bus stop and bus fun! Laura is my soul sister, ya sure ya betcha! Where is the "Wind..." video??? I think it's only fair to post that one:rolleyes1

O-KAY....since you asked so nicely....

But isn't Timmy much more talented??? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2:Well, not to speak for the rest of ya, but if you are comparing Timmy's talent with MINE, he DEFINITELY is the more talented entertainer!!!! :thumbsup2

Lots of love and prayers going to my Midwestern Soul Sister, Laura!!!:grouphug:

Oh please! No! ;) I think she's already mad at me because I think she thinks I was trying to insinuate I was gonna charter her St. Thomas guy for only $200....:rolleyes1:lmao:

Hey- if you can get 8 hours of boat time with Thomas for $200, more power to ya!!:thumbsup2

Why no video of this? HMMMMM?

Yea...why not?

Oh you are all so lovely and poised! I see you are all finishing school graduates! :snooty:

Well, to be fully honest, some are more POISED than others....:rolleyes1

Wow, what a pimp! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: :smooth:

Hey!! That was Pods' proudest moment as a father!! :laughing:

It is kind of a bummer to hear about the kids club on RCCL. I am surprised the boys got bored but that's a testament to the DCL kids clubs. We never even took them to the kids clubs on Independence. I am NOT a fan of Royal's age breakdown having the 12-17's together. A tween type club like the Edge on DCL would be much preferable. That was actually part of the reason we decided to back up our dates to September, that means Brendan will still be in the 9-11's. After the Edge I don't expect him to like it much, but he will have check in/out privileges and will surely be at one of the flowriders all the time anyway. ;)

Don't get me wrong- we had a blast, and I would go again next year if we weren't planning on Hawaii- and if they had never been on DCL, they may not have known any different. But I agree with you- the problem is that the 12-17 year olds are all in that one space- and there is not a whole lot to even DO in that space- so kids get bored. That really IS a great thing on DCL- having the pre-teens in Edge, and the teens in Aloft or whatever it's called. BIG, BIG difference between a 12 year old and a 15 year old, not to mention a 12 year old and a 17 year old! The scheduled activities WERE seperate, there just were not that many of them, KWIM? And we did not have a flowrider on Explorer- so they tried the rock wall, ice skating, mini-golf...and then what? Checkers? Seriously??? (Although actually they also played dodgeball, basketball & lots of ping-pong- but if those things were occupied, there was nothing left). DCL does a better job of planning multiple activities as well as giving them videos etc for when they don't want to do those things. For the most part, though, as long as they could find friends in there, all was GREAT!! :goodvibes It was just a few times that Timmy hit it wrong-

But I think NOTHING is 100% perfection- and I would count this cruise as being really wonderful, so please don't get the idea that we were miserable because it was NOT like that AT ALL! :thumbsup2

BTW El were those families you were with on the Explorer friends you knew from home, from the CC meet thread or just random peeps you met onboard?

They are both couples from our town- Phyllis and Al we already knew (he was one of Tyler's football coaches and she was the team photographer, as well as having a son on the team- they are an AWESOME family, we also hung out with them at BLT in the Spring when we went) and the other couple (Lisa & Eric) we had never met before, but they had a daughter who was BFFs with P&A's daughter. We all got along SO WELL! :grouphug: We especially spent a lot of time with P&A- they were all a blast. And none of us planned this together- it was just a happy coincidence.

Can't wait to read the trippie. No pressure to get started or anything. :rolleyes1

Geez- I think all that I just wrote WAS the trippie!! :rotfl:

(coming from the one who is already having trouble keeping up!) :lmao:

Shouldn't you be packing??? I just finished restoring order to our clothing/suitcase/laundry debacle- it was NO JOKE!!!

I already sent you well wishes but here are some more!!:hug::grouphug::flower3: We're thinking about ya girl!!! :love2:

Yes- hope everything is going better tonight than it's been for the past couple of days, Laura! I'll talk to you when you again feel up to it!:hug:

I surely hope your pacemaker insertion went well!

On a lighter note - great update Ellen. Very fun end to your evening. Yum - blue moon - one of my personal favs.

So where was Mr Mc Hottieness??????

Love Reglan Rd. Fun atmosphere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter