DISmoms 3! If the Tiara fits... 5/13-5/17/11 Complete! 11/8!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by podsnel, Jun 2, 2011.

1. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Love reading about all the moms arriving! WOOT! Arrival days is the BEST!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kid-at-heart

kid-at-heart DIS Veteran

Well Geezzem, I stay off the computer for one night and two whole pages of a NEW trip report occurs. Count me in for the fun. :yay:

4. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Looks like you're off to a great start! I see everyone had their morning cocktail with their cheerios:thumbsup2

Upgrade to 1st class for $69??? Which airlines?

5. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Here and subscribing!

Gotta say, I love that photo from your first trip with your family members on popsicle sticks...:rotfl:

6. lshaw6

lshaw6 Mouseketeer

Here!! :goodvibes Can't wait to see what happens on this trip. The suspense is already killing me! popcorn::

7. Cheryl726

Cheryl726 DIS Veteran

Great start, looking forward to reading more!

8. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

:wave: Joining in! Can't wait too hear all about your trip! :dance3:

Running off to read...

9. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

Great Start! The Boardwalk is so pretty

10. NMW

NMW DIS Veteran

Subscribing looking forward to reading your tr

11. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Yea, I guess so!! :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to it to, Joanie!! :rotfl2: Love you- see you at 1, just finished your macaroni!

YAY! :banana: Thanks for joining in!

Hey Sally!! I have been soooo busy lately (and will continue to be until school ends) so that accounts for the delay somewhat- also that it was making me sad that I won't be back for 6 months (well- 5 months now! :goodvibes See? Flying by!). Not that that is so terrible AT ALL, but this DVC thing has put me in a every few months mode- used to be every 2 years before. LOVE my DVC!!!!!

Hi Chris!! So happy you found us!! :dance3:

We had a blast, as usual! :goodvibes When you posted this, I had just finished catching up on all YOUR fun in YOUR TR, but was too tired to write a reply! I thought it was kind of funny that you were reading about my girlie trip while I was reading about yours. :laughing: Anyway, I'll go post over there now-

12. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I miss my DISmoms!!!!!! :love:

For the third year in a row, I laughed, laughed, and laughed...... We also cried, and we had a lot of "Me" time...... :rolleyes1

Let's just say, at least in my case, nerves (I'm a very nervous flyer!), alcohol, premenopausal stress, and maybe a little touch of something, caused us all to need a little private time here and there.......

And when I was texting Cammie during the trip, I told her we were "a bunch of hormonal, menopausal golden girls!"

Cammie quickly brought to my attention that we are "just a few years away from ECVs!"

Next TR may be titled "DISmoms on scooters.... Golden Girls mark 20th trip!"

My camera is all wonky and I have actually lost some pics. Really weird.

But let me do the honors here......

Princess Ellen.... our fearless leader and holder of the DVC points..... but that's not the ONLY reason we love her......

[​IMG]

Princess Lonnie..... despite that fact that she is tall, thin and has a great rack (yes, I really went there!!!!), I love her anyway and feel like I've known her forever!!!! And she taught me about tea with mint to keep me regular..... :rotfl:

[​IMG]

And of course, the original McSparkleson.... It's ME!!!! And just for the record ladies, I hold some I'm Too Sexy photos for every one of you so be careful what you post this year!!!!!

[​IMG]

Princess Joan..... there is no mascara that she can't beat... at least not this trip!!! Love you girlie!!!!

[​IMG]

Princess Evie.... So glad to have met you this year!!!!! Again, I feel like I've known you forever, you are sooooo funny and you added so much to our group!

[​IMG]

And Princess Laura.... I guess I really have known you forever, at least in DIS land! We first officially met 3 years ago (almost to the day!) and then again a few months before this trip!

[​IMG]

This was the first year for me flying in for our annual trip, having moved back to SC this time last year. I am NOT a good flyer, so thanx to my new friend, "Mr Blue Pill" I was able to get on a plane and make it safely to Orlando.

I stepped off the plane and Laura was waiting for me, luggage cart at the ready, just in case I over self medicated. Not to mention, those luggage carts would have helped a bit making our way back to BWV a couple nights!!!

My flight was smooth and I was sooooo happy to be so close to my happy place! After living in Jacksonville, FL, for 3 years, and going to WDW every 6-8 weeks, I was seriously jonesing for the World!!!!

Like Laura said, our wait for DME seemed to take forever, and then once on the bus, we sat there forever waiting to fill the bus so we could be on our way.

Before long we were pulling into Boardwalk, racing THRU the lobby and on to the International Gateway of Epcot.... after all, we had some DISmoms to meet!!!!!!

I will be back with my sister and her family, and my parents, to celebrate my parent's 50th anniversary, so I knew I would be upgrading to an annual pass (sorry, Ellen, you don't get credit for this one! :rotfl2:) so I got that all squared away and then Laura and I were on a beeline for........

The Ditch....... there were three DISmoms waiting for us there, and they had quite a head start!!!!!!

13. podsnel

YAY!! :yay: I'm so glad!!!

Oh- it's alllllll about shenanigans- that's what makes it a fun time! :banana:

Hi Tammie!!! Thanks for joining in!! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin!! :hug: Not much catching up to do....yet!!:goodvibes

AWESOME!!!! :dance3:

14. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Kara -

I can totally relate to the Menopausal Golden Girl statement. ;) Sometimes I think I am the poster child for menopause gone horribly wrong. OK - so maybe I am exaggerating just a little. :rolleyes1

Loved your update and your pictures of all the moms. You guys are a such a fun group. We had a lot of solo time on all girl's trip, too. It was nice, because we all just naturally went different ways at different times.

Looking forward to more.

15. Disney before Sally

Disney before Sally Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read about all the fun you mom's deserve!

16. ortholablady

ortholablady DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear all about the trip. So... are you taking applications for any more DISMoms? I'd like to apply LOL! You girls all get the whole silly Disney thing and seem like alot of fun to hang out with. I started making trips to the world in 2004 when my brother moved to FL. From 2006 - 2009 or 10 DS and I had AP's (DH was not a big Disney fan but I did get him to make a couple of trips. We've since separted but he still bought us our passes until DS was going off to college and we gave them up. College boy isn't so interested in Disney with Mom anymore. Cant blame him.) I'm hoping to take my Dad in Oct. Mom just passed away a few weeks ago and would never get on a plane but Dad will so my next trip will be Columbus day weekend and the next couple of days to visit Disney and Universal (Dad is a big Harry Potter fan) but I would love to take a girls trip at some point. I have a few girlfriends who would love to make the trip but just can't for financial reasons so I would love to have some girls to hang out with.

17. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

I've been watching for this & here it is page three already! Subbing.

18. disneydevil

disneydevil Earning My Ears

So excited you started! Although our trips were at the same time, they were quite different! We did the Scavenger hunt & Destination D. They were really fun, BUT really hectic. We didn't spend much time having fun & relaxing in the parks which was difficult!

Your first pic is of my good friend Betsy!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Terri

19. manntra

manntra DIS Veteran

Ummmm I have been waiting fior this TR and I go missing for a few days and then you sneak right in!! :rolleyes1
    Have some catching up to do then I'll be back to report :goodvibes

Tracy

20. podsnel

For me, I like to call the first one not good enough, the second is plus 10, I'm in big trouble, the last is back to not good enough. :rotfl:

And I don't know about you bein in anything resembling a HALO, Kara.....:upsidedow

DING DING DING! You win!! Where else would we go? :thumbsup2

Yea- it's a very happy day!!:goodvibes

YIPPEEE!!!!! So happy you're here!:banana:

Continental/United. Continental is the BIG carrier at Newark airport. But it used to be you upgraded online when you checked in- and for less. The first year I did it (when I went with just Loni) it was $49!!!!! :worship: Things change CONSTANTLY now because they merged with United, so who knows what's next? :confused3 I will say that the breakfast was the BEST one I have had in first class- very yummy!:thumbsup2

HI! :cheer2: The stick kids were a big hit- bartenders remembered us the next year with them! :rotfl:

Not that bartenders don't remember us without them...:rolleyes:

21. pooh'smate

pooh'smate <font color=royalblue>My ticker is actually a day

I am joining in. I am going to back to read now.