DISer chapter of NKOTB anonymous, part deux... we don't want an intervention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was fun tweeting with you ladies last night while we were waiting for Jordan to make up his mind!!!! I so wished it would have been one of us, but, oh well.........maybe next time. So back to reality, going to walk the lighthouse breakwater this morning. It's about a three mile walk over some pretty messed up rocks, but it's pretty out there. After that grocery shopping (ugggggg) and maybe I'll buy myself a new purse today, I sorta feel the need for a new bag or a new pair of shoes (thanks Heather, I saw your tweets about new shoes last night, now I have the itch for a new pair).

Hope you girls enjoy your weekends. Will check in later!!!!

Ohhhh...I love Saturdays when I have NO plans whatsoever. It is heavenly! I just made some chocolate chip pancakes and bacon for the kids for a late breakfast/early lunch. They had poptarts earlier while I was still sleeping.

We have nothing to do today and we're not going anywhere. :) I will probably just do some laundry and maybe watch a movie. It's rainy here and is supposed to be that way for a few days.

Anyway, have a great weekend girls! Sorry you guys didn't win Jordan's contest. :mad: I wanted it to be one of you guys in the worst way!!

What the heck does Tink mean??

Girls...I need help. Becca fell when she was two and broke both her top middle teeth. The one we had pulled at the dentist a couple months ago because the new tooth was coming in behind it and it just wasn't getting any looser.

It's happening again with the other one that was broken. The new tooth is coming in right behind it. It didn't get any looser until last weekend when by accident Noah hit her with his head, right on her tooth. (don't ask, they're hazards!) ;) Then, she was all tucked up hiding somewhere under a blanket and she somehow managed to knee herself in the tooth. :laughing: That loosened it a bit too. But just wiggling it isn't working!

It's gross too, when you wiggle it, it makes noise. :scared: I don't know if it's the loose tooth hitting the one behind it up under the gums or if it's making a sound since it's separating from the gum a bit. It's nasty!

I'd love some ideas on what to do with this tooth! I'm afraid it'll cause issues with the new one if we don't get it out asap. So far all the new one has done is push the tooth forward, not out. (that's what happened with the other one too) So...it is gradually sticking out further and further. :mad:

You have NO idea how much we want this tooth out, she has lived with broken, jagged teeth for almost 4 years now. Here's a picture so you can fully appreciate it.
IMG_1121.jpg
See what I mean!??! We want that tooth GONE!!

Any advice!??!

I just saw my typo on my last post and corrected it... I typed "one" instead of "won"! oops :rotfl:

Not sure what to tell you about the tooth. Kaitlyn recently lost that same tooth and it was loose and just hanging there FOREVER. Finally it was so loose that I just flicked the thing and it fell out! Didn't even bleed... it was that loose! It made an icky squeaking noise when she wiggled it. Freaked me out! If it is not coming out you may have to have this one pulled, too. Both Emma and Kaitlyn had there bottom front teeth come in behind the baby teeth and they eventually came out on their own.

Speaking of teeth....anyone else have issues with theirs starting to shift a bit? I've noticed mine doing that and it's driving me insane! I'm afraid all those years of braces will be a waste because I'm going to end up with horribly crooked teeth! :scared1:

I'm not sure about the tooth. It looks like just getting it out would be best?

Girls, I'm having a rough day today. We got bad news Thursday and I've been puking all day! (sorry if that's TMI) Just seems like a bug. Alex had it around Easter. Ugh my muscles hurt so bad! Lots of fun! Luckily dh didn't have to work today or I don't know what I would've done. No way could I take care of the kids.:sick:

Girls, I'm having a rough day today. We got bad news Thursday and I've been puking all day! (sorry if that's TMI) Just seems like a bug. Alex had it around Easter. Ugh my muscles hurt so bad! Lots of fun! Luckily dh didn't have to work today or I don't know what I would've done. No way could I take care of the kids.:sick:

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Karen! Feel better soon!!!

Awww, Karen. I'm so sorry!!! :hug: I hope you feel better soon!!

I forgot what I came on here for....I'm looking for some Disney restaurant ideas. I'm trying to get a list together for where we want to eat in Sept....what are your favorites??

That's not good! I hope you get better soon! :flower3:

I forgot what I came on here for....I'm looking for some Disney restaurant ideas. I'm trying to get a list together for where we want to eat in Sept....what are your favorites??

Have you been to Jiko? It is AMAZING!

Rainforest Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci Fi Dine In
'50s Prime Time Cafe
San Angel Inn (Mexico in EPCOT)
Main Street Bakery (pastries for breakfast...mmmmm)
Casey's Corner
House of Blues (Downtown Disney West Side)
Ghirardelli (for ice cream - Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Resort)

You can look at all the menus at www.allearsnet.com if you didn't already know.

Oh are you going for free dining? We are going the 11th-19th...if everything works out! We have another trip coming up this friday, but this is our budget bonus trip. Anyway, you asked for some faves...here we go!!

GF Cafe- very underrated, but WOWSAS! nice atmosphere, great service, fantastic food!! I had the steak and fries, the steak was tender and cooked just right, the fries were cut potatoes, and they were GREAT!!

Boma- one of our absolute favorites...this upcoming trip will be the first time in our last 6 trips we wont be eating there!! :( great variety of food, and even tho i am pretty much a meat and potatoes kinda girl, i love their food!! Their breakfast is also really great!!

WPE- good selections, EXCELLENT deal on the dining plan....really good food!!

CHH- I love their chicken strips, DGF loves their tuna sandwich....one of the only places in MK we really enjoy eating honestly.

Tangeriene Cafe in Epcot (morocco)- love this place, esp their chicken and lamb combo platter...this can easily feed 2 people!!

Yak and Yeti in AK- i only thought this was ok, but its DGFs fave disney restaurant....i think it depends on what you get, the fried green beans are yummy!!

Sci-Fi cafe- The only place in MGM that we've tried that we can actually stand, we really enjoy it, and they have good burgers!!

Cape May Cafe- nice buffet, lots of variety, GREAT desserts, good food!!

Coral Reef- we've had really good and just ok meals here...service can be kind of spotty, so thats a whole nother issue!!

FT BBQ- YUM, YUM, YUM!! :goodvibes

also, have to stop by the bakery in France :D

thats just the tip of the iceberg...i consider myself kind of a disney foodie pirate: let me know if you have any questions!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info guys. We're not doing free dining because we're DVC people and it's not offered.

Do you know what sort of snacks you can get with it? I've gone over menus for our possible choices for dinner and breakfast and it doesn't equal up to the amount we'd be spending on the dining plan. But that's not counting the snacks.

Just curious what kind of stuff, I don't want it to just be Mickey ice cream heads. What can you get at the Main Street Bakery as a snack? Any idea?

Thanks for the info guys. We're not doing free dining because we're DVC people and it's not offered.

Do you know what sort of snacks you can get with it? I've gone over menus for our possible choices for dinner and breakfast and it doesn't equal up to the amount we'd be spending on the dining plan. But that's not counting the snacks.

Just curious what kind of stuff, I don't want it to just be Mickey ice cream heads. What can you get at the Main Street Bakery as a snack? Any idea?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2067447

Thanks! Please tell me about Boma, is it a buffet? What is WPE and CHH??? (Columbia Harbor House?)

Shelby, my dad's fix for any stubborn loose tooth? A pair of pliers and a good tug! I SWEAR! LOL I only let him do it once b/c it just freaked me out. My 11 year old sister on the other hand has asked him to do it for each and every tooth she has lost. LOL

:lmao: We were just talking about this! I actually said I wished we had a pair of pliers with little grippy type things on them, I'd rip that sucker out in a heartbeat!

We wiggled it a lot today. She ate an apple too. It is VERY stubborn. But it's looser in the back and the sides, it pulls away from the gums. The front however doesn't. :scared: I think loose teeth are just so gross!

Yep, Boma is a buffet, but not just any buffet...an AMAZING buffet!! lol....i better be careful- if I build it up too much, it'll be destined to fail! They are set up different than most buffets in that they have "pods" as opposed to just a regular long serving area....this allows you to just kinda scoot in and get what interests you without going all the way down the line. They have some awesome soups, pretty good salads, fabulous meats (the prime rib is consistently good there, the ribs are great, DGF loves the salmon), and yummy deserts. One of their claims to fame are their zebra domes, which are little coffee mousse cakes, but I'm not a fan of those. I do love their potatoes with afritude tho!! I should have some pics somewhere :)

WPE- Wolfgang Puck Express, down in DTD....its really good, fresh, yummy food. Its a little pricey when paying OOP, but so are most things in Disney...lol. On the dp, it is a great deal! and yep, CHH is Columbia Harbor House! We like to go upstairs and eat, it is NEVER as crowded up there!

:lmao: We were just talking about this! I actually said I wished we had a pair of pliers with little grippy type things on them, I'd rip that sucker out in a heartbeat!

We wiggled it a lot today. She ate an apple too. It is VERY stubborn. But it's looser in the back and the sides, it pulls away from the gums. The front however doesn't. :scared: I think loose teeth are just so gross!

Lol...when i was little, my mom always had me tie a string around my tooth, and the other end around the doorknob, and then we'd close the door....:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter