DISer chapter of NKOTB anonymous, part deux... we don't want an intervention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switching gears: OMG, they just showed on the news a new Barbie that comes with tattoos and they showed her with a stamp on her back with tribal art and a heart that said "KEN." WHAAAATTT???

I heard about that Barbie. I think Nebraska (or some mid-west state) banned the sales of that particular Barbie. Barbie Boycott!

:grouphug: thanks guys. It is *really* not looking good. If what is being said (and it's being said consistently) happens dh will be laid off in 2-4 weeks. That's not set in stone and we've been around the rumor mill quite a few times so we know not to believe it til it happens but.....this time seems way different. :sick: The entire place is almost empty right now.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the rumors turn out to be false. :hug: There are rumors flying around my company too. They made layoffs a couple months ago and I survived but now there's rumors of them closing down a branch. If those people get moved into our branch, I'm gone because I don't have seniority. I refuse to believe it til there's an announcement about it because it's been being talked about for months.

Today Show just promoed the guys being on next Friday!

Yay! Hope one of us that entered the contest is there! I don't know how they are going to get through all of those LONG emails. There is no way that 10,000 emails are going to be read by just Jordan!

Hi ladies!

TGIF, am I right? So sorry to hear of some of the layoff stories. It's just awful. This economy needs to get better!

I didn't bother trying for the Today show contest. Honestly, I don't have the time to take, and I've been lucky enough to meet them a couple times, and I'll have the cruise. (We hope!)

Anyone have any fun weekend plans? For ONCE I don't have school work since the semester ended Monday. I have lots of errands to run, though, and then I'll start packing. 12 days! :banana:

No big weekend plans. It's not supposed to be very nice here. I think I'm going to see Wolverine. Hugh Jackman :love:

Not too much going on here, either. We have soccer games tomorrow morning and I am praying for warmer weather than last week! After I think we are going to drive down to Des Moines to do some shopping. I need something to wear for a wedding that is later this month and I can't find anything around here. I HATE living in a small town with limited shoppng available! We don't even have a Kohl's and our mall is terrible!

Also hoping to be able to webcam with Brian this weekend. It has been a few weeks since he has had a good enough internet connection to use the webcams and I think the girls really need to see their Daddy. They have been missing him a lot lately. Kaitlyn and Emma had a classmate tell them that he was going to get shot (stupid kid!!!) and they have all three been waking up crying a lot at night since that. Keep your fingers crossed that we will be able to get those cameras working!!!

Your poor girls! I can't believe their classmate said that to them. I mean, I know it was just a kid, but still! I hope the cameras are working so they can see him.

Your poor girls! I can't believe their classmate said that to them. I mean, I know it was just a kid, but still! I hope the cameras are working so they can see him.

I know.. I mean the kid is 7 and I am sure he came from this conclusion because of an adult in his life, but SERIOUSLY! My kids have always been taught to not say something that would hurt someone, wish everyone raised their children that way.

Ohmygosh, Heather, that is terrible. I hope they get to see him this weekend. Poor babies, some reassurance for them would hopefully help.

Well it is official. All but about 50 people gone in the next 2 weeks. Three hundred are gone as of the filing of Chapter 11 yesterday. Dh may get a chance to stay due to his senoirity and the 30 year guys not wanting to have to get off their fork trucks and "run" a job.:rolleyes: Anyway, that's that. We are both actually calm about it. It wasn't unexpected. It's supposed to be temporary until the deal with Fiat is complete. Like it's really only going to take ONLY 30 days. Uh huh! We'll see.....

The thing about Jordan's contest is it really kind of stinks that HE isn't reading all of them. I understand why, obviously, but an answer that may stick out to him may not to whoever is helping him.

Ohmygosh, Heather, that is terrible. I hope they get to see him this weekend. Poor babies, some reassurance for them would hopefully help.

Well it is official. All but about 50 people gone in the next 2 weeks. Three hundred are gone as of the filing of Chapter 11 yesterday. Dh may get a chance to stay due to his senoirity and the 30 year guys not wanting to have to get off their fork trucks and "run" a job.:rolleyes: Anyway, that's that. We are both actually calm about it. It wasn't unexpected. It's supposed to be temporary until the deal with Fiat is complete. Like it's really only going to take ONLY 30 days. Uh huh! We'll see.....

The thing about Jordan's contest is it really kind of stinks that HE isn't reading all of them. I understand why, obviously, but an answer that may stick out to him may not to whoever is helping him.

Karen... I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that your husband is one that will keep his job. When are you supposed to know more?

I agree... some answers that would stick out to Jordan won't mean anything to a hired reader. I think they should have done it differently. Everyone should have had to write a "twitter-inspired" entry... 140 characters or less. Much more manageable for the person reading. I can only imagine that some of these girls probably put there heart and soul into a 10 page email!

I agree... some answers that would stick out to Jordan won't mean anything to a hired reader. I think they should have done it differently. Everyone should have had to write a "twitter-inspired" entry... 140 characters or less. Much more manageable for the person reading. I can only imagine that some of these girls probably put there heart and soul into a 10 page email!

Heather - your poor girls! That's awful for someone to say! I hope you guys get to see and talk to him this weekend.

I tried to keep my Jordan contest entry short and sweet. I have a feeling that he's going to first focus on the answers to what "Tink!" is and narrow it down to a few before reading the other answers.

What did all of you say for "tink"? I said it was someone playing horseshoes! :rotfl:

Karen... I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that your husband is one that will keep his job. When are you supposed to know more?

It should be about 2 weeks. It'll take that long for seniority rights to get sorted out.

That is a much better idea then those 10 questions! I can only imagine the length of some of those emails.

Listening to the Block Party on Retro Rewind....what's with the "Toasties" song? :rotfl2: NEVER heard that one before!

I said Tink is a Disney Fairy by my definition. :rotfl2:I don't even know that I want to know what his definition is! Pooh's Pixie... if you are lurknig, ask Jordan at Boy Scouts! :rotfl:

Do you think Pooh's Pixie missed the link to the new thread? ;)

Heather - I am so sorry that kid said that to your girls. :hug: What a horrible thing to say. I know it's just a little kid and all but geez, my kids would NEVER say anything like that to anyone. Why can't parents teach their kids the proper way to behave around other people. :confused3

This weekend we don't have a whole lot for a change. Tonight we're headed to a Spring Fling. It's a fundraiser for Little League. It's at the country club in our town and should be nice. I am wearing what I wore to the NKOTB concert in Baltimore since it's casual. Good news, my jeans are WAY bigger than they had been. :banana:

Tomorrow we have NOTHING. :yay: Then on Sunday (weather permitting) Noah may have practice and Becca has a birthday party. We're meeting at the theater to see the Hannah Montana movie. Should be fun!

That's about it for us.

Karen - sorry about the situation you guys are dealing with right now. :hug: That's not easy but it sounds like you're handling the stress very well. Give your hubby a big hug from your NKOTB friends here on the Dis!

For the love...... jordan is KILLING those of us who entered his contest! What a tease that man is!

Thanks everyone for the support with the situation with the kids. I talked to their teacher about it, but she can't do much. Talking to his parents would do no good. They are "those" parents, if you know what I mean. This is when I miss being on a military installation, other military kids would NEVER say things like that to each other.

Jordan is making me nuts. Sheesh.

Wyatt's team didn't win tonight, but it was another VERY close loss. They've lost 3 of 4 games, but they've all been within one or 2 runs! He got 2 hits tonight, which is GREAT! He got left on base both times though...boooo.

None of us won :sad1: I sooooo hoped it would be someone from here that would win even though I knew it was a long shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter