Discovery Cove

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
Well, we have booked Discovery Cove for the 3 of us in December. This deal also gives us free admission to Seaworld and Aquatica. We only plan on spending 1 day in each so were wondering what are the best things to do in each park?:thumbsup2:cool1::banana:

Well, we have booked Discovery Cove for the 3 of us in December. This deal also gives us free admission to Seaworld and Aquatica. We only plan on spending 1 day in each so were wondering what are the best things to do in each park?:thumbsup2:cool1::banana:

We just returned from our trip a few weeks ago that included the Discovery Cove/Seaworld deal. They announced the day of our trip to DC that Aquatica was now included but we did not have time to go. A must do at DC is the dolphin swim. It was fantastic! By now, they might have the new exhibit open at DC - Freshwater Oasis. The previews look like it will be great. If your budget will permit, rent a cabana at DC. You will love the personal service, the privacy and have a place to take a break from the hot sun. Use a noodle or other flotation device when floating the Wind Away River. They are free to use and available at the main pool area before entering the lazy river. WAR is not a short trip like most of these are and there are several areas where the water is too deep to wade. I hope you enjoy DC. It was the highlight of our trip.

As for Seaworld, get the all day dining plan unless you plan on eating at their character breakfast, luau, shark underwater restaurant or Captain Pete's. Those are the places not included. It is less expensive than Disney's DP and you can go back as often as you like during the day. Eat breakfast at Voyager's Smokehouse. It is the only restaurant other than the character breakfast that serves breakfast and Voyager's is included in the dining plan. Get there early for the "Clyde & Seamore take Pirate Island" show. There is a mime that entertains as people file in and he is hilarious. Don't miss One Ocean with the orca whales but if you want to stay dry, make sure you are above the splash zone!

There are a lot of other things to mention. If you want more details, pop over to my TR for this trip. The link is below - "Don't tell Mickey!..."

In Discovery Cove the best thing is snorkeling with the rays.
In Seaworld, I loved all of the shows especially the whale one.
In Aquatica, everything is amazing. My dad, brother and I went on everything and loved all of them. (My mother wouldn't go on any of them)

The deal says the paid admission to DC includes AQ and SW for up to 14 days around your DC date. Do they allow you to go to AQ and SW any day within the 14 day window? ie can you go a few days after your DC visit?

Yes you can go a few days after your DC visit as long as it's within 14 days of your visit to DC. You can even go before your DC visit. We took advantage and visited Aquatica twice and Seaworld 3 times, that way we didn't feel pressured to see everything at once. Also, save your parking receipts - if you go to both parks in the same day you only pay for parking once. We did the evening shows at Seaworld on the days that we were at Aquatice and only paid for parking once. Have fun!

I agree the best thing at Discovery Cove is snorkeling with the rays. I have no idea how the new fresh water oasis is, but can't wait until we go back next year. We paid for the photo package, and my absolutely favorite picture of my son ever was taken by a DC photographer. The dolphin swim was fun, and the aviary is great.

We all really liked Allure, the Call of the Ocean show at Sea World. But I don't think there was a single show we didn't like, except Shamu Rocks, as it was too loud for all of us. To get decent seats, you need to get to each show about 30-45 minutes early, depending on the crowds. I second the idea of getting to the Clyde & Seamore show early. That mime is hilarious.

In Discovery Cove the best thing is snorkeling with the rays.
In Seaworld, I loved all of the shows especially the whale one.
In Aquatica, everything is amazing. My dad, brother and I went on everything and loved all of them. (My mother wouldn't go on any of them)

For us...........

At DC, we LOVED the lazy river :thumbsup2. Dolphin swim was a fabulous experience. And snorkelling with the rays came in 3rd. :)

At Seaworld, my fave's were the shows (all of them......each so good in their own way, its hard to pick a favourite). And the Quick Queue passes :cool1: . For my DH and DS, they absolutely adored Manta.

Can't comment on Aquatica just yet.....but we are anxiously awaiting our visit in August!!! Have at least two days planned there with cabana rentals! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter