Discounts coming?

WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS said:
I'd much prefer to see a room only discount, FD doesn't help us much since we're not big on a lot of sit down meals

We are the same. We only do about 3 sit downs during our week long vacation and a room discount would benefit us more.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Fingers crossed! I'd be thrilled with ANY offer right now - but in order our best discounts would be room only, free dining, then SPD. But I'd be grateful for anything Disney tosses our way!

I'm wondering if these discounts will mirror the AP discounts, which were good only through 3/22...

Free Dining would be great through the 22nd, we check in on the 21st, so I could snag that! S/P/D works like that too, right? If we check in before the last day, it's good for our entire vacation?

I'm wondering if these discounts will mirror the AP discounts, which were good only through 3/22...

Free Dining would be great through the 22nd, we check in on the 21st, so I could snag that! S/P/D works like that too, right? If we check in before the last day, it's good for our entire vacation?

Yep thats how it works. :)

I DEF could be wrong but I think SPD works like a room only discount and only covers the days of your travel that are included in the deal.

ThreeTinks said:
I DEF could be wrong but I think SPD works like a room only discount and only covers the days of your travel that are included in the deal.

This is correct.

I'm new to all this so how do you all know a discount will be releases within the next couple days???

If a discount comes out, let's say room-only, and I already have a reservation for a package (in June- woo hoo!!!:yay:), could I get that discount off the price of my package?
Hoping for free dining but would love ANY discount!

If a discount comes out, let's say room-only, and I already have a reservation for a package (in June- woo hoo!!!:yay:), could I get that discount off the price of my package?

Yes, you can apply the discount. However, as some people have experienced here already, if the price has changed between your original booking and when you try to apply the discount, the discount will be applied on the current price of your vacation, not on the price that you booked at.

Hope this helps !

I'm new to all this so how do you all know a discount will be releases within the next couple days???

It's just a speculation based on the website going down for scheduled maintenance, which it did before the other offers were released. I don't personally think anything is coming - they are doing a HUGE system changeover that day as well... and I think that's part of it.

Yes, you can apply the room discount to the room portion of your stay :thumbsup2

Yes, you can apply the discount. However, as some people have experienced here already, if the price has changed between your original booking and when you try to apply the discount, the discount will be applied on the current price of your vacation, not on the price that you booked at.

Hope this helps !

Sort of. Prices are released for 2013 and aren't changing. Example: booking today for October 10 - 13 or booking in April for the same dates will get you the same price because it is based on the dates you are going, not the dates you are booking.

The only issue with the price change is with the S/P/D discount - there was a glitch which allowed people to book for cheaper and Disney honored the price. But if you go to make a change, they will correct the price (which makes it higher).

:goodvibes

It's just a speculation based on the website going down for scheduled maintenance, which it did before the other offers were released. I don't personally think anything is coming - they are doing a HUGE system changeover that day as well... and I think that's part of it.

Yes, you can apply the room discount to the room portion of your stay :thumbsup2

Sort of. Prices are released for 2013 and aren't changing. Example: booking today for October 10 - 13 or booking in April for the same dates will get you the same price because it is based on the dates you are going, not the dates you are booking.

The only issue with the price change is with the S/P/D discount - there was a glitch which allowed people to book for cheaper and Disney honored the price. But if you go to make a change, they will correct the price (which makes it higher).
:goodvibes

The bolded part above is exactly what happened to us.

zales127 said:
The bolded part above is exactly what happened to us.

About a week ago I moved my entire vacation up two days (only the dates changed not length of the vacation)... I too had previously taken advantage of the SPD discount.

When changing my dates, I was quoted a higher price for my vacation... I had a feeling this might happen as I had read about some other DISers having this same problem. However, I was pretty persistent with the CM...asking why my price would go up when all I was doing was changing the dates (coming in and leaving two days earlier in Feb).

She asked me to hold while she got some help (twice actually) and by the end of the phone conversation I had my original (lower) vacation price and was able to change my dates!! Yay!

Just wanted to put it out there that you may be able to make a slight change to your original SPD vacation and still keep the lower price from when they had the glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter