Discounts coming?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by cweather, Nov 29, 2012.

1. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I don't think anything is coming. They're doing a big reboot on the reservations system as well. I think it's probably all just tied in together.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

I am thinking you are right, although I HOPE, you are wrong :)

4. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Still holding out hope that we hear something about new discounts soon, although losing hope that today is the day :sad1:.

5. Sarah_Rose

Sarah_Rose DIS Veteran

Yep, there's almost always rumours by now, if it's happening. I think it's just a system upgrade. :(

6. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

As much as I would like to see a new discount, I don't think it will happen until after December 31st, when the current discounts expire. That is how it usually works.

7. Jasperann

Jasperann DIS Veteran

I agree with you! That is how it usually works. We are just booked earlier than we normally are, so it just feels like a longer wait for us.

8. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

Good point. I do have to say though that if nothing is released by the first week of January I will be done with the discount hunt for our May trip and just focus on finalizing our back up plan to stay at a timeshare. It's all good though, we'll still get to see Mickey either way:smickey:

9. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

Agree that if no discounts by Dec. 31 I will go ahead and book (horrors!) rack rate for the room and cancel and rebook if a discount gets announced.

10. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

We booked already too.... it made me too nervous not having our reservations and after we talked about it, we decided that we were going even if nothing came out. (although believe me, we'd MUCH rather have a discount!) But we also had to make our ADR's on Monday :banana: so I wanted to tie our dining plan to the ADR's. Soooo, if a discount comes out, I'll just call and keep my fingers crossed that they can apply it to our room.:worship:

11. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We booked a room only reservation at rack rate. Then, when a room only discount came up a few months later, they just applied it to our reservation without canceling and rebooking the reservation.

12. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

Thanks you...it sounds like it is worth a one nights deposit to get what We want..great suggestion

13. KingSpeedy

KingSpeedy Earning My Ears

The only time you have to rebook is if it says "New Bookings Only". Otherwise they'll just apply the new rate to your current reservation.

14. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

I read somewhere on another thread, 1/5 or 1/8...maybe then. :confused3 Patience is NOT my greatest virtue......hate, Hate, HATE waiting!!

15. zales127

zales127 Mouseketeer

The booking system is still down so there is a thread...a very teeeeeny tiny thin thread of hope that MAYBE something is coming.

16. doclegler

doclegler DIS Veteran

System is finally back up, but I'm not seeing ANYTHING new... :confused3

17. zales127

zales127 Mouseketeer

a tiny ray of hope....I used the chat option and this is how it went:

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney! My name is Erickson. How may I help you today?

you: Did free dining come out today?

Erickson: That's a great question, and I am happy to assist you! I haven't seen anything about free dining being offered today.

you: Ok. Thank you Erickson. The systems are down and thought that might be a sign :)

Erickson: It could be possible! When they do the magical enhancements, anything can happen! You might want to have a look in the morning!

you: Thank you Erickson!!

18. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Ok, clinging to feeble hope now, but this is how it happened last time system went down as well, at least for me. The deal wasen't posted right when the system came back up, it happened the following day.

But I think we are hoping against some pretty steeeeeeeep odds.

19. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

Oh Geez, I might as well stay up all night and wrap. I won't sleep now anyway!! Come on discounts! Disney - spread some holiday cheer!

20. reelmom

reelmom DIS Veteran

I was disappointed when the system came back up but now I am excited again.

21. DisneyJanFeb2008

DisneyJanFeb2008 Mouseketeer

That seems promising - why would he say that otherwise?????????