• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount Textbooks?

PrincessPatty

Love ya Black and Gold!! Go Steelers!!<br><font c
I am starting back to school this month:scared: and I have to take Anatomy and Physiology with a lab and a Human Growth and Development class, Im looking at not spending over 300$ on these books (that is what the bookstore wants to charge!)

Any reccomendations on websites you have used?

Also, the girl from the bookstore said that they may be hard to find as the ISBN is from the 'bundle' packages that the school sells and wont be sold that way on the internet...is there a way to get around this? From what I can remember the professors dont use the books that come along in the bundles anyways...although maybe things have changed in the past couple of years?

Last semester my daughter RENTED the majority of her textbooks from www.chegg.com. I was a little concerned at first but it turned out wonderfully and at the end of the semester, she just boxed them back up in the original box they came in, printed out a prepaid label and dropped the box at UPS. You can also sell them textbooks from other courses and earlier years. Couldn't have been simpler and at waaaaay less cost. The only time I wouldn't recommend using them is if it's a book you feel you will need later in your life as reference or something.

If you have the ISBN #, they will let you know if they can get the book. Some of them came from a different company and arrived separately (amazon, textbooks.com) but they all were returned to chegg.

I've had pretty good luck with www.ecampus.com--even with bundles. They have used books and they will let you know when you input the ISBN if it is available used.

I've had great luck with their used books--very good condition, almost like new. Much better used quality than the bookstores offer. I can't say they are a whole lot cheaper but sometimes they were $10 cheaper a book than the bookstore.

After my first semester at college I wised up and bought most of my books at either half.com or textbookx.com Save a boatload of money!!

Also see if you can buy it from someone who had the class last year/semester. They likely won't be getting a lot of money back from the bookstore, so they'll want to sell it to you for less than the bookstore, but more than they'll get back from them...

Edit: Just remembered... Also went to www.bigwords.com They compare all the sites for you. It was really helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter