Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

This thread makes me want to try my hand at sewing..I haven't done it since school in textiles..we did a hat. And it was quite a good looking hat, even if I say so myself.

I'm going to attempt a stuffed toy of a character from a video game I play at some point, but I have no clue where to start or the best way to go about making the pattern.

I have to eat my words. I said in 10 years of embroidery that i've never had hoop envy(and I never have in the past) but that must be because I didn't hang around here. Now I have hoop envy! I will be buying a machine with a bigger hoop but not a 5x7, something bigger for sure.

(First I apologize for not grabbing the quotes...but hey...I'm TIRED!)

Jessica...I, personally do NOT like that picture! I have seen those in person, and that pictures DOES NOT do them justice! I can say those are at least 100 times cuter in person!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I would go look for one of mine, but truthfully, I am still exhausted!

Now, for my big news. Miss Amelia Elizabeth made her appearance in the world yesterday morning at 9:51. She weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. She was 3 weeks (and a few days) early.

The delivery did not go as planned, my daughter had some serious problems and they decided to do an emergency c-section. It changed, literally, within less than an hour! She will have to remain on anti-seizure meds for a couple more months, but we did have a wonderful outcome.

I felt a little sorry for my son in law. I told you he was a bit squeamish...well, I didn't get there quick enough to go into surgery with her, so he had to go in. He held up like a trooper and did a great job! I got to speak to him a few minutes before he went back and he had started to calm down a bit and he went through it with flying colors!

I'm sure there is more...but I guess I am still a bit more tired than I thought I was....

Nini

Congrats on the little one. My 20 hour labor turned into an emergency c-section also. Hope everyone is better.

Now, for my big news. Miss Amelia Elizabeth made her appearance in the world yesterday morning at 9:51. She weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. She was 3 weeks (and a few days) early.
The delivery did not go as planned, my daughter had some serious problems and they decided to do an emergency c-section. It changed, literally, within less than an hour! She will have to remain on anti-seizure meds for a couple more months, but we did have a wonderful outcome.
I felt a little sorry for my son in law. I told you he was a bit squeamish...well, I didn't get there quick enough to go into surgery with her, so he had to go in. He held up like a trooper and did a great job! I got to speak to him a few minutes before he went back and he had started to calm down a bit and he went through it with flying colors!
I'm sure there is more...but I guess I am still a bit more tired than I thought I was....Nini

Yay on the baby girl ! Oh what fun you will have sewing through the years.

I have been looking through and seeing all the awesome creations. I love them all - I especially love the Thing 1 and 2 onsies.

Question:

I have a new 770 (my husband thanks all of you ladies I am sure). I did my first applique last night and it came out pretty good. I now know how closely I need to trim the fabric - wasnt sure until after the satin stitch ran.

I had some issues with thread breaking but I think I just need to get a better handle on threading - that might have been user error.

Some of the tutorials I have watched - they use and iron on stabilizer on the fabric before it is placed on to be stiched down. Does anyone do that step and is it worth it? I am using cutaway stabilizer and it seemed to work well but was curious if adding the iron on to the fabric makes the fabric stay down better and maybe not pucker when washed.

Just trying to lesson the learning curve here as we leave in about 6 weeks and I need to get busy. If only my 3 year old darlings would cooperate at naptime.

Thanks and I will be back to post some pictures soon.

Kelly

Jessica...I, personally do NOT like that picture! I have seen those in person, and that pictures DOES NOT do them justice! I can say those are at least 100 times cuter in person!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I would go look for one of mine, but truthfully, I am still exhausted!

I'm sure there is more...but I guess I am still a bit more tired than I thought I was....

Nini

Congrats to all involved; 'specially Mr. New Dad. Prayers and thoughts will still be with your DD & family as they go through the next few weeks of recovery & adjustment to the new life.

This thread makes me want to try my hand at sewing..I haven't done it since school in textiles..we did a hat. And it was quite a good looking hat, even if I say so myself.

I'm going to attempt a stuffed toy of a character from a video game I play at some point, but I have no clue where to start or the best way to go about making the pattern.

A good place to start is drawing out the character and breaking it down into pieces for a start-up "2-D" stuffy; also, if your starting out, felt or fleece is very forgiving to work with. I've gotten a lot of inspiration here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=358.0#axzz2SA58tklL There are awesome tutorials and a lot of the craftsters are gamers and would love to see your creation.

One of these days I'll have to post one of my dolls to show everyone my 3-D sewing.

I have been looking through and seeing all the awesome creations. I love them all - I especially love the Thing 1 and 2 onsies.

Question:

I have a new 770 (my husband thanks all of you ladies I am sure). I did my first applique last night and it came out pretty good. I now know how closely I need to trim the fabric - wasnt sure until after the satin stitch ran.

I had some issues with thread breaking but I think I just need to get a better handle on threading - that might have been user error.

Some of the tutorials I have watched - they use and iron on stabilizer on the fabric before it is placed on to be stiched down. Does anyone do that step and is it worth it? I am using cutaway stabilizer and it seemed to work well but was curious if adding the iron on to the fabric makes the fabric stay down better and maybe not pucker when washed.

Just trying to lesson the learning curve here as we leave in about 6 weeks and I need to get busy. If only my 3 year old darlings would cooperate at naptime.

Kelly

I hear you on the nap thing. My 3-year-olds fight nap time every day but I will not give up!
I don't use the iron on but I do cutaway on the bottom and the solvy on top. I just think on t-shirts especially the stitches look nicer. Could be my imagination though. I order it online from thraedart or all stitch rather than buy it at Joann, it's much cheaper. The only time I used the iron on stuff is for the hand-applies I did before I got my embroidery machine.

Yay, I finally got the animal print twirly skirt finished. It has (I think) 14 animals embroidered on it. None of them are very big, but they took forever! Plus I always try to do doubles for future use when I'm doing things like this. I made it multi-directional so she can wear whichever animal she feels like in front. Plus I used button elastic. So it will fit her 20 inch waist now, but still be able to be worn up to about a 28 inch waist. Probably forever, she's on the scrawny side.
Now for the important part - pics!

Note the tiger striped waistband. I searched for a month for tiger striped cotton. I found tiger striped fleece, tiger striped silky fabric, tiger striped fur, tiger striped flannel, blue tiger stripes, green tiger stripes and even some tiger striped ribbon - but no tiger colored cotton tiger striped fabric! Until two days ago when the main part of the skirt was already put together.:confused3
And now for one photo I don't appreciate

Taken today - May the 2nd. Really!?! Yes, that white stuff is what you think it is. :sad2:

Yay, I finally got the animal print twirly skirt finished. It has (I think) 14 animals embroidered on it. None of them are very big, but they took forever! Plus I always try to do doubles for future use when I'm doing things like this. I made it multi-directional so she can wear whichever animal she feels like in front. Plus I used button elastic. So it will fit her 20 inch waist now, but still be able to be worn up to about a 28 inch waist. Probably forever, she's on the scrawny side.
th_IMG_20130502_154956_390-1.jpg

th_IMG_20130502_155037_457-1.jpg

Note the tiger striped waistband. I searched for a month for tiger striped cotton. I found tiger striped fleece, tiger striped silky fabric, tiger striped fur, tiger striped flannel, blue tiger stripes, green tiger stripes and even some tiger striped ribbon - but no tiger colored cotton tiger striped fabric! Until two days ago when the main part of the skirt was already put together.:confused3
th_f21f1451-3735-407b-b3e8-863e4afd1d4d.jpg

Taken today - May the 2nd. Really!?! Yes, that white stuff is what you think it is. :sad2:

Love the skirt 1 That is a lot of thread but the animals are super cute ! I'm sorry about snow, sl glad we are done with it here.

I consider myself a Coloradoan, I haven't lived there in almost 20 years but I am born and raised. My mom and brother and his son still all live there, we are actually going out over the 4th of July, my nephew gets to throw out the first pitch at the Colorado Springs Sky Sox game on July 4, so we are driving out there for it. I definitely do not consider myself anything other than "Ill-anoyed" living here!

I wish the logo on the back were higher, and I had some sort of total buttonhole failure so I messed up the top buttonhole, so I made a little felt patch and covered it up. It's for a 6 year old, so I think he won't care. :) I had my son try it on, he deemed it "too big, we should give it to Aydin." so that worked out perfectly!

I knew your brother was in CO but didn't realize you were from CO too!!
How exciting your nephew getsto throw out the first pitch, what a great memory that will be and the Cubs shirt turned out great!

I'm in Littleton, Colorado too! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We'll have to get together sometime :banana::banana::banana:

Hello Disboutiquers!!! First time poster here. I found out about Disboutiquers through one of mom2rtk's trip reports and thought I would join in the fun!

So without further ado here are some projects I just made. We are going on our first ever family WDW trip in 2 weeks and I have made two of each of the following dresses for my twin daughters. The dresses, as well as the entire trip, is a complete surprise for them, so it has been a challenge to work on the dresses while they're at school and hide the material before they get home. :)

For our first MK day, when we plan to meet Merida:

For our second MK day when we have breakfast reservations at CRT:

Great job!!! Have a great trip!

Nini

Congratulations!!!!

Great job on the skirt! I feel your pain about the weather. It was 80 on Sunday here then yesterday we had 6 inches of snow. It snowed until about 4 this morning and now you would never know it. It's 50 and most of the snow is already melted.

Funny, I found tiger stripe fabric in the remnant bin at hobby lobby recently, I picked it up because I never know what sort of crazy project I could need it for at $2 for a yard ... I had no idea it was so rare! ;)

I knew your brother was in CO but didn't realize you were from CO too!!
How exciting your nephew getsto throw out the first pitch, what a great memory that will be and the Cubs shirt turned out great!

Great job on the skirt! I feel your pain about the weather. It was 80 on Sunday here then yesterday we had 6 inches of snow. It snowed until about 4 this morning and now you would never know it. It's 50 and most of the snow is already melted.
And THAT is what I miss about colorado and dislike least about the stupid weather here in Chicago... snow then melting and nice weather. Once it snows here, the snow just stays in frozen piles in parking lots for MONTHS and turns into black, filthy mass. And it stays COLD the whole winter with no break. It is brutal. Every winter I question why the heck I live here, and wonder why anyone does. You'd think after the first winter whatever settlers were here would have said NO WAY! and kept on moving! I would love to move back to CO someday, but at this point I would be happy just to leave IL.

Anyone made kids capes? If so, done anything Disney theme. My DD has been wearing a bag (cloth shopping bag) around her neck and calling it her cape. I'm thinking I should buy/make them (twins) one for their birthday.

Side note -- 10 days until our FIRST trip to WDW!! Can't wait! :cheer2:

I don't have any suggestions for capes (but I know someone here did a bunch of them for her grandchildren not that long ago). I hope your family will have a fantastic trip!

I love seeing your creations...so I am coming out of lurkdom to join the new thread. :) I had an older Brother that served me well for my little sewing tasks for 20+ years, but last fall I decided I wanted to learn to quilt.

For my birthday I took a quilting class and came home with a barely used Bernina Artista 730 with an embroidery unit that came with it...I never thought I would really use the embroidery unit, but I took the follow up class that came with my machine and o.m.word...I love my embroidery unit and I already have hoop envy!

So I am soaking up your knowledge and dreaming of another trip to Disney so I can make some awesome shirts for the fam!

Welcome! I can't wait to see pictures of your creations!

Well, I haven't gotten any sewing done since I last posted. It was a very long week at my Dad's house, my brother and his wife had moved in already (2 months early and with their 2 cats) and shorted me a bed and made it awkward staying there. He was great but she can be kind of a pain. Her cats are not allowed to socialize with a dog. :confused3:scratchin

We did have a lot of fun though and Plimouth Plantation was fun as was the rest of our week when we got out of the house. There were still sea lions at the beach which was weird since they are usually long gone by April vacation.

Hopefully I can sew tomorrow, groceries today, so I can finish the hat for the outfit finally and ship her stuff to her. I hit up Goodwill yesterday and got some good buys. I got an Emerson CD/record/cassette/radio for my DH that I think he will like and picked up some fabric for a couple bucks a yard. Found some really cute Disney holiday fabric, got about 2 1/2 yards for $4.

I also got some good news, I think, while I was at Joann's yesterday. Our offer was countered for a house in TX and it was reasonable so I guess I have a new house ??? We still have to sign the new offer, which I thought we would have last night, but I am a bit scared and excited about the move. Also about paying two mortgages since our house hasn't sold yet. :worried::scared1::scared1: The house is gorgeous, I think from the pictures, but I haven't seen it in person yet. Only my Dh walked through, I still haven't been to TX yet at all. Will they let me walk through when I get there ? I arrive on the 9th of this month to "house hunt" but hopefully I can see the new house. Maybe I will try to schedule the inspection while I am there, then I know I get to go through it with them. The house is empty, bank owned, no no worries about inconveniencing homeowners.

Sorry to hear about your situation while you were at your dad's. But congratulations on having your offer accepted on the new house. Now hopefully the current house will sell very quickly. Nice find on the fabric!

Nini

Congrats on the grand daughter. I am sorry to hear that the delivery was not smooth and your son-in-law was stuck in an uncomfortable situation. I am sure he was great though. I look forward to seeing pictures of the latest addition to your family!

Welcome! We may be able to better help you if we knew which character you are trying to create. I usually start by studying pictures from different angles and sketching out ideas.

I have to eat my words. I said in 10 years of embroidery that i've never had hoop envy(and I never have in the past) but that must be because I didn't hang around here. Now I have hoop envy! I will be buying a machine with a bigger hoop but not a 5x7, something bigger for sure.

Hopefully you can find a cure for your hoop envy soon. :)

Question:

Kelly

I have never used iron on stabilizer. I just use cutaway (for knits) or tearaway (for wovens). One of the neat things I started to do recently is to use quilt clips to clip the garment to the hoop so the "extra material" won't get in the way.

That is a beautiful skirt! You did a great job on it and it was a great idea to make it so it could be worn for a long time. I totally hear you on the snow, but at least your tulips are up and flowering! Ours is still a few weeks away from flowering. They are only a few inches from the ground at this point. We can't grow much in terms of vegetables because the growing season is just too short! Thankfully our raspberries have done well over the years.

I have never used iron on stabilizer. I just use cutaway (for knits) or tearaway (for wovens). One of the neat things I started to do recently is to use quilt clips to clip the garment to the hoop so the "extra material" won't get in the way.

I don't know why this never occurred to me! I have tried binder clips and hair clips and they always end up in the way of the preset foot mechanism. I have a huge thing of quilt clips which are much smaller! Brilliant. Changed my life just now.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Nini

Whoa! 8 lbs and three weeks early! Good thing she was induced!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the new little bitty! :love:

Nini....congratulations on your new granddaughter!!!

Purple ears.....love the quilt clip idea, although I have no idea what they are. But anything to keep shirts out of the way would make me happy!!!!

Smittette...very cute skirt!!!!

Lastly......help!!!!!!!
I have been trying to shirr on my brother cs6000i. I have read the hints online, tried stitch length, tension, hand winding the elastic thread in the bobbin, no luck. Anyone get their brother cs6000i to shirr? If so what helped?

Our Iowa weather is a hot mess right now too. :eek: I'm used to sitting in crazy weather for baseball and soccer games... but sheesh!!!

Nini
I'm so excited about little Amelia!!

Thank you! My son wrote out the word Mom too so that makes it even more special. I think Sawyer's etch said Toy Story but it wasn't as cute. DS at 9 has the worst hand writing in the world and I copied what he wrote trying to make it Andy looking! The traffic done I have loved for years but it really was a last minute change. TJ was supposed to have the FP phone. Sewing at 2 am before we leave I tend to change my mind. Mine was also going to be different but I don't even remember what now and love how it turned out!!

Isn't it great knowing rock stars!! I love my best friends!

We love you too :grouphug: I didn't know Dallas wrote that out!!!

Cute skirt!!! That is a lot of fill, I can't imagine how long that took!

And BOOO on the snow!!

Every winter I question why the heck I live here, and wonder why anyone does. You'd think after the first winter whatever settlers were here would have said NO WAY! and kept on moving!.

I have lived in Michigan my whole life, and I totally agree with this!!! WHAT THE HECK were they thinking??????? I also ask my Mom this same question. When she was growing up, her family spent winters in Florida, summers in Michigan. I often ask WHY she picked Michigan to live in???????? :confused3

Oh my goodness! Page 7! I hang my head in shame for not getting here before now!

Well the CMs loved our shirts that they let us take a family portrait. They were so funny wanting to know where I had purchased them. When I told them I made them they told me that did them no good :lmao: (As soon as I get pictures form the photopass CD I will post them).

I have done some sewing. We had a launch just before we left and here was my outfit.

th_Minnieseta_zps186c2d1a.jpg

The outfit is super cute! Don't forget to post that pic from ETWB!

Hi everyone!

I feel a little overwhelmed in here. First time posting in here.

1. Wow. You guys are amazing! I WISH I could sew like you guys!

2. I'm hoping you can help or lead me in a direction. I will be taking my Girl Scout troop to Disney in June 2015. Those of you familiar with Girl Scouts know that we'll need a "Disney Fun Patch". I can't find anything anywhere!!! Is there anyone who makes patches here? I know that is incredibly strange. IF no one does, do you have ANY ideas for me on where to get some?

I don't want just plain ones, I need a Mickey head or something in a circle patch with our troop number maybe and "Disney 2015" or something.

HELP (if you can!)

Jenny

Welcome! I hope you are able to find something cool for your badges! (whining) We never went to Disney when I was in Scouts! (We did go to the '84 World's Fair, though that was cool!)

I'm back from spending a week in Virginia helping my daughter pack to move to Colorado. Had fun with the grandkids and did lots of work. Then, came home and drove the opposite direction for the weekend to watch our DDIL run her first 1/2 marathon. I've been up all night, so it was a chance to get caught up on email and the DIS.

Diane, I can' believe the BatMitzvah is just around the corner! Hope your DD's play goes well and then the excitement grows for the BIG EVENT!! You've been planning for so long and I know it will be wonderful!

I hate to get behind on this thread, but I probably will again since I'm going to travel out to Colorado with my DD and her family and stay a week to help unpack and with the kids. Then I'm going to spend a few days with my sister and her hubby (my DH will join me there). She lives in Dallas area. Then it's back to Virginia for my DGD's 6th birthday and for DH to help with a construction project DSIL is working on. So May is pretty well shot, but I'm hoping to get some beach towels embroidered for all the grands and I have a little outfit almost finished for my 9 month old DGD, plus several things I want to do in the next 5 days. How much I'll get done, who knows, since I have housework that got neglected while I was away as well. At least at my sister's we'll just lay out by the pool and eat out. I think I'll be ready for that!

Hope all of you who are getting new or new-to-you machines have fun playing with them and hope everyone has fun sewing this week. I love coming on here and seeing what everyone else has been doing!

Goodness! Lots of travel for you! I hope it all goes well!

14 outfits per child! And I finally see the light!!!!!!!!!! Good thing, since we leave Thursday!

14 per child! Whoa! That's amazing! Can't wait to see some pics! I only do half of the days we'll be there and then wash everything.

Hello everyone!! I'm new to DIS & sewing for that matter lol. My family and I will be taking our very first trip to wdw in September and I'm hoping to make some shirts and dresses for my sons (2&8mo) & daughter(6) The last time I remember sewing was 10 years ago in highschool LOL I've inherited my grandmas brother sewing machine and I'm hoping to start learning! Everything that everyone has made is soo adorable and I hope to be as advanced one day!

Welcome!

In honor of our 30th thread, I thought I would re-post the first outfit I posted on this thread back on June 21, 2007.
Little bitty Lydia in her My Little Pony skirt. She was only 4 years old.

th_PonySkirt028-1.jpg

What a little cutie she was!

Ok, here is a picture of some of the towels. We've already given some away.
th_P4300176_zpse693b35a.jpg

Here is one of the shirts for me. The other one is already put away and I was too lazy to go upstairs and get it :lmao: I had made one like this for my husband a couple of months ago and I really liked it.

th_P4300177_zps71ad83bd.jpg

Great idea with the towels! Your shirt is cute, too! Hope you're staying sane and all the last details are coming together for you!

Viola in her Cinderelly dress last week at Magic Kingdom!

th_551555_10101413451438929_22894065_n.jpg

The most compliments I received from our visit was about the two costumes I made!! It just feeds my addiction for more Disney!!!

So much cuteness!

Long ago someone suggested cutting the side of a onesie before applique then serging. And I always wanted to but was afraid. And unskilled on my serger. Now I am feeling a lot more confident on the serger so I tried it for these thing 1/thing 2 onesies I made for a baby shower (one of my twin mom friends' cousin is also having twins, it's an epidemic!).

And it was great. This design is huge and would have been such a pain the old way working inside-out.

So thank you to whomever suggested that 2-3 threads ago. :)

Also, I got a new desk for my embroidery machine today from freecycle that is the perfect size for the new machine. I had everything shoved on one desk, now I can use the serger, sewing machine and the embroidery machine without moving a bunch of stuff around. Now my dream is to get a larger cutting/work table. And, a bigger house, but both of those seem unlikely. Also I tried to multitask again and just decided it is not for me and I am going to get rid of the PE770. Love it, great machine, just too much margin for error when I am working on mostly shirts and onesies.

I have hesitated to try this, too. One of these days I may. Those onesies look great! Congrats on the new desk!

Ok, gotta rant -
I took the day off of sewing to take my husband's car to get a tune-up and oil change (We're driving his car to Florida, and he wanted me to get it done so we wouldn't run out of time - What does he think, that I'm a procrastinator, oh, wait, I am) Anyhoo, I posted earlier how I can hear my Cinderella fabric calling my name. Well, now I'm stuck an hour from home in a hotel for the night (a treat in any other circumstance) because they didn't put any oil BACK in the car!!!! Hubby thinks they left the plug off, but the end result is the same. No sewing for me!
Actually, my mother's brand new Ellissimo is in the car; along with some cute red fabric with white polka dots that I couldn't resist today. If the dang thing wasn't so heavy, I'd go get it and spend my night having a ball.

What an ordeal! How frustrating! I hope it's all repaired at their expense now!

Hello everyone, I haven't checked in for a while. We leave in 6 days for a trip to WDW:cool1:. we will be a large group this time as my Sister and her 2 kids are coming with us making us a group of 7. I finally got an embroidery machine and I figured I would make tops for my DDs and my niece. Easier said than done. I am a huge procrastinator and now it is nipping me in the butt.

Again, remember I leave in 6 days. I am making Bettyann tops for all 3 girls for their trip to BBB all I have done on those is the appliques. I managed to finish 2 Nemo Bettyanns for my DD's as my niece doesn't like Nemo. My girls are both on the spectrum and typically only like to wear pillow case type tops because they are loose. I have tried other patterns to no avail. we tried the Bettyann and for the first 20 min all was well and now they bother them. I had to open the back and add longer elastic to make it looser. I still have 9-12 tops to make in these last 6 days well 4-5 really as we leave at 6:50 Am. So those last 9-12 tops will be pillow case tops as they go together so easily and quickly and won't cause meltdowns in my children LOL. Also, if I have time I am wanting to make a Vanessa top for myself (the adult version of the Bettyann). Here is what I have done so far:
946505_605370489476095_1219256323_n.jpg

941714_605376539475490_737959294_n.jpg

Good luck getting it all done! The Nemo top is adorable!

Teresa, this is for you.

And Jan 2013
th_Duffyagain6.jpg

Those Figment dresses are to die for!!!

Please forgive my other post. It took me a while to figure out how to update my signature. My baby will be 12 on Friday. It is hard to believe. We also had another addition for my signature. We booked a trip for Nov/Dec. We are soooooo excited. :yay::yay::yay: It has been 4 years since we have been. We are hoping they will post free dining later in the year for that time. But we are happy with what we have for now.

Just need to plan goodies now. I see bowling shirts, a park bag, water bottle holders and anything else we might "NEED". Tshirts are a given. I hope the boys will still put up with their mom wanting customs. Last trip I made matching test track shirts. We rode late at night near close and they said since we were such big fans we could ride again. It is one of our best magic memories. "Remember when we got to ride test track over and over again." This will be our last family trip before my oldest heads to college. Wow I feel old. But not too old for Disney.

Yay for a new trip! I LOVED that timeframe last year and would go again at that time of year in a heartbeat! My last minute addition to our trip were fleece zips jackets that I bought and added appliques on felt to. They were the perfect weight for cool nights. I really need to replace the appliques with something new, but I can't bring myself to do it!

CB88D486-264F-4BA4-B3EB-389A897DB8D0-7052-000009922BB28981.jpg

Hello Disboutiquers!!! First time poster here. I found out about Disboutiquers through one of mom2rtk's trip reports and thought I would join in the fun!

So without further ado here are some projects I just made. We are going on our first ever family WDW trip in 2 weeks and I have made two of each of the following dresses for my twin daughters. The dresses, as well as the entire trip, is a complete surprise for them, so it has been a challenge to work on the dresses while they're at school and hide the material before they get home. :)

For our first MK day, when we plan to meet Merida:

th_May2013002_zpsf1f2a24c.jpg

For our second MK day when we have breakfast reservations at CRT:

th_May2013001_zpsd20268d8.jpg

Welcome! Your dresses are lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time!

I love seeing your creations...so I am coming out of lurkdom to join the new thread. :) I had an older Brother that served me well for my little sewing tasks for 20+ years, but last fall I decided I wanted to learn to quilt.

For my birthday I took a quilting class and came home with a barely used Bernina Artista 730 with an embroidery unit that came with it...I never thought I would really use the embroidery unit, but I took the follow up class that came with my machine and o.m.word...I love my embroidery unit and I already have hoop envy!

So I am soaking up your knowledge and dreaming of another trip to Disney so I can make some awesome shirts for the fam!

Welcome!

Nini

Congratulations, Grandma!! Another grand princess, how wonderful!

Welcome!

th_IMG_20130502_154956_390-1.jpg

That skirt is beautiful! What a great idea to use button hole elastic! I really need to do that for my kids, too!

What are quilt clips? Sounds very useful! I still just roll and pin shirts to themselves.

I did some late night sewing for my dd on Tuesday before we went to a Tigers baseball game, but I haven't had time to upload pics yet. I will get to that and some other good news that happened today in my usual Sunday evening post. I've got to get to work tonight! Only 8 more sewing days until the craft show and 14 before our vacation! Eek!

Regards,
C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter