Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Y'all have had some great ideas! Thank you!! I am in LOVE with that Minnie bag!!!! I might have to get one made for both of us...lol. I'm going through tons of pictures and trying to get ideas. This would be do much easier if my little girl would just stay a little girl. :-(

Kristy

Well, this is the dress I made for Christmas for my Niece who is 5. She just got back from her first trip to wdw. I never got to see her in this to see if it even fit her. I still wasn't sure if it fit her until my MIL just told me she did wear it. I can't wait to see pictures soon. She did say that my niece loves the dress (Ariel is her favorite). And while at wdw, a few people asked where she bought it, so that is an awesome compliment. This was my first ever Grace dress.

And thank you to smile5sunshine for the pep talk that this pattern was doable. I read it over and over and then it finally made sense while I was putting it together.

20121224_134537_zps0f2178c1.jpg

20121224_134603_zps79f2ac34.jpg

20121224_134814_zps97ff85b0.jpg

Here are a couple of things that I finished up on Friday. The weekend was busy so I am just getting around to taking pictures now.
th_P2030044_zps8342b660.jpg

th_P2030046_zpsa7a96ba9.jpg

I have almost used up that ruffle fabric. I am happy with how the outfits turned out but I doubt I will buy that fabric again. Also, I swear that I had hooped that sandcastle dress straight but it looks so crooked in the pictures! I don't know what happened.

Also, there is a special e-pattern sale this week. You can get 18 patterns for $25. I like most of the patterns so it is probably worth it for me to purchase the package but other patterns I will probably not use. Anyhow here is a link:
http://gotosew.com/2013/02/sew-fab-pattern-sale-giveaway/

Those are really cute outfits.

Well, this is the dress I made for Christmas for my Niece who is 5. She just got back from her first trip to wdw. I never got to see her in this to see if it even fit her. I still wasn't sure if it fit her until my MIL just told me she did wear it. I can't wait to see pictures soon. She did say that my niece loves the dress (Ariel is her favorite). And while at wdw, a few people asked where she bought it, so that is an awesome compliment. This was my first ever Grace dress.

And thank you to smile5sunshine for the pep talk that this pattern was doable. I read it over and over and then it finally made sense while I was putting it together.

th_20121224_134537_zps0f2178c1.jpg

th_20121224_134603_zps79f2ac34.jpg

th_20121224_134814_zps97ff85b0.jpg

That is a very pretty dress.

Another idea you may want to consider is a park bag/purse for your special princess. This is my park bag:

th_QueenOfHearts.jpg

Since I am on my Photobucket account, I will post some outfits that I made for myself, as they may be acceptable to a tween too.

A Minnie-inspired Rebecca dress
th_RebeccaLowRes.jpg

A Minnie-inspired Jamie dress
th_JamieLowRes.jpg

A retro Mickey Jamie dress
th_RetroJamieLowRes.jpg

A Mickey blouse and World Showcase skort:
th_MickeyandMinnie.jpg

Hopefully these pictures will get your creative juices going!

I know I commented on some of these before - but I just love them... It wasn't until I quoted you that I realized my two favorites are the Jamie dress, because of how you have them labeled in your PB account!!! Double LOVE them... I may have to give that pattern a try for our next trip - I think that dress would be adorable with leggings under it (I am not much of a dress person). Thank you for sharing again.

This turned out great - you executed it perfectly! I am sure your neice loves it and it will get worn a lot! Great job!

D~

20121224_134537_zps0f2178c1.jpg

20121224_134603_zps79f2ac34.jpg

20121224_134814_zps97ff85b0.jpg

That is SO cute! :love: Too bad DD insists that Ariel is not her princess, I would love to make her a similar Ariel dress!

Again I am behind! I adore that Ariel dress! Is it a Grace? I just purchased the pattern.

Someone asked about the four parks dress I made, it is a Stripwork Jumper but I modified the panels. I just finished this one which DD loves! I modified the straps and panels again:
Front
D133A98B_zps2e230f32.jpg

Back:
28597234_zpsf519a08d.jpg

I am phone posting and am sorry if these are large!

Again I am behind! I adore that Ariel dress! Is it a Grace? I just purchased the pattern.

Someone asked about the four parks dress I made, it is a Stripwork Jumper but I modified the panels. I just finished this one which DD loves! I modified the straps and panels again:
Front
D133A98B_zps2e230f32.jpg

Ooooo...Ahhhhh...I'm in love with that!!!

Disney52303 said:

Front

Back:

Super cute!!! (must hide phone from DD) love that all of the princesses!

I too want to know if the Ariel dress is the Grace pattern, looks kinda like it? I've been tempted to buy it. ;) so many cute ways to use the pattern.

Disney52303 said:

Front

Back:

Love this dress!!!

ColonelHathi said:
Super cute!!! (must hide phone from DD) love that all of the princesses!

I too want to know if the Ariel dress is the Grace pattern, looks kinda like it? I've been tempted to buy it. ;) so many cute ways to use the pattern.

Yes this is the grace pattern. There is a code to use on Etsy for 20% off from this designer until Thur. Just search grace ruffle dress pattern, code is listed on her main page.

Thanks guys. I'm going to show her some of these and see what she thinks. I'm looking to either buy or make. I can't sew very well, but my mom can. She can do embroidering or anything like that though. I think I will definitely make the tie dyed shirts. Hopefully I can get enough cool accessories to make any outfit worthy of her to wear. Lol

Kristy
I am sure you will find plenty of great stuff so that she looks totally awesome!

RetroJamieLowRes.jpg

MickeyandMinnie.jpg
I love all your stuff but these are my favorites!

I need to try to do the tye dye shirts soon. I keep wanting to, but again afraid of messing up. I can be such a perfectionist, that many times I procrastinate so I can't "mess up".

I would love to hear what you think about AoA. That is where we are staying in June for our 2nd trip. First trip was at ASMo, theming was fun, but yuk! And we did one night at AKV Kidani, which I loved. DVC someday, I hope!!!!
I've done tie dye lots of times and it isn't too hard at all. Just go for it and have fun. Just remember to use way more dye than you think you need.

When are you going in June? That's when we will be at Disney. My girls were supposed to stay at AoA on the trip that their aunt cancelled. They really want to stay there and since we are trying to keep this a budget trip, it works for us. In the past we've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which we just love. We've also rented DVC points a couple of times and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas, which were great too.

That turned out great! I'm so happy for you that your niece wore it and got compliments! I bought the Grace pattern a couple of months ago but I haven't made it yet. I also bought the Lauren pattern on the current sale. I really want to make both of them.

Front
D133A98B_zps2e230f32.jpg

Back:
28597234_zpsf519a08d.jpg
Your dress turned out AWESOME! I have those same designs and I think they are super cute!

Yes this is the grace pattern. There is a code to use on Etsy for 20% off from this designer until Thur. Just search grace ruffle dress pattern, code is listed on her main page.
Yep, I used it last week to buy the Lauren pattern. I should probably buy the Audrey ruffle skirt too because it is so darn cute!

I need to try to do the tye dye shirts soon. I keep wanting to, but again afraid of messing up. I can be such a perfectionist, that many times I procrastinate so I can't "mess up".

I have thought about the felt. I really like it better directly on the outfit. The material isn't too strtchy, so it should be fine....I think I can, I think I can....

I would love to hear what you think about AoA. That is where we are staying in June for our 2nd trip. First trip was at ASMo, theming was fun, but yuk! And we did one night at AKV Kidani, which I loved. DVC someday, I hope!!!!

PurpleEars:
Your quote didn't show up, but I LOVE all those Disney inspired clothes of yours and that bag is awesome as well!!!!!!

I will add another post with dress pics as they are on my phone and multiquoting is so much easier on the computer.

I have never tried tie dye before so I hope yours will turn out great. We are not really T-shirt kind of people anyway. DH wears Mickey polos and I wear Disney-inspired clothing when we are at the Parks (and at home). I hope you will enjoy AoA. Our first ever trip was at ASMu, then we stayed at Pop a few times. Then we both finished school and started staying at moderates. :lmao: We looked at staying at a Deluxe but we simply could not justify the cost. Besides, Deluxes have shared busing whereas the mods on the whole does not.

Thanks for your compliment on my clothes and my bag! I certainly got quite a few comments from guests and cast members the last few trips. My favourite one was a woman coming up to me and started describing my outfit to her daugther on the phone!

Y'all have had some great ideas! Thank you!! I am in LOVE with that Minnie bag!!!! I might have to get one made for both of us...lol. I'm going through tons of pictures and trying to get ideas. This would be do much easier if my little girl would just stay a little girl. :-(

Kristy

The Minnie bag was a lot of fun to put together. It is a modified Rosetta bag. My favourite moment with that bag was when Queen of Hearts declared that my bag matched with her dress!

Your dress looks pretty. I am glad to hear that your niece liked it. You did a great job matching the applique and the material!

I know I commented on some of these before - but I just love them... It wasn't until I quoted you that I realized my two favorites are the Jamie dress, because of how you have them labeled in your PB account!!! Double LOVE them... I may have to give that pattern a try for our next trip - I think that dress would be adorable with leggings under it (I am not much of a dress person). Thank you for sharing again.

D~

Thanks D~. The Jamie dress was quite easy to put together and they are very comfortable to wear in that Florida heat. I am pretty sure someone here made the Jamie as a top and it looked fab on her. As you can tell, I am a long dress type of person but you can make them shorter as well.

These two are just stunning. I think my dd18 would love them!

Thanks. I can tell you that someone in her 30's loves them too. :rotfl: I see that you are going to be there in September. We may be going then as well.

Front
th_D133A98B_zps2e230f32.jpg

Back:
th_28597234_zpsf519a08d.jpg

Your dress look beautiful! I am sure the appliques took a long time and it is a work of love. Oh and please don't apologize for large pictures. We like large pictures here!

I love those two too! Don't think my daughter would wear them, but I want them for me!!!

Thanks. They are actually quite easy to make and they make me smile every time I wear them at home.

Thanks for the heads up. I may pick up those patterns even though I don't have anyone specific to sew for. I am sure they would make good dresses for the Gives though!

I love all your stuff but these are my favorites!

When are you going in June? That's when we will be at Disney. My girls were supposed to stay at AoA on the trip that their aunt cancelled. They really want to stay there and since we are trying to keep this a budget trip, it works for us. In the past we've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which we just love. We've also rented DVC points a couple of times and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas, which were great too.

Thanks. I think the World Showcase skort is one of my favourite pieces. I hope your family will enjoy AoA, especially given what your girls have been through the last few months. I hope your DH has recovered from his surgery. I think of your family from time to time.

On other exciting news: DH and I may be planning a September trip! DH just said to me the other day, would you like to go to Night of Joy? I am just super excited as music is a big part of worship for us (he sings in our church's selected voices choir). Now hopefully we can get free dining and airfare that doesn't cost a fortune. I guess we should have booked that bounceback when we were there last year, but we honestly didn't think we would go during the times they specified. I guess there may be new Disney outfits for me afterall!

Such great creations being posted!

Ive got a couple of non Disney items I made for Christmas and finally have time to post.

I made my DD's BFF a rag quilt. The poor kid has a real pip for a Mom. I wanted the kid to know someone thinks she's worth making something special for.
82E8A908-8D77-4A76-9D9B-AA6AB4848CB2-15751-0000202FBE6DC729.jpg

And here are a few of the tissue holders I made. I think I did 48 and have learned that even though my day job is stressful I shouldnt give it up and try to earn a living making things.:lmao:
06150BBA-1A97-44FD-AAE2-60A763C40FBF-15751-0000202FACC9DF12.jpg

I'm working on another rag quilt. Almost done with the sewing. If the snow forecasts are accurate this weekend should be a good time to do the cutting on the seams.

Front

Back:
th_28597234_zpsf519a08d.jpg

That is an adorable dress!

Ive got a couple of non Disney items I made for Christmas and finally have time to post.

I made my DD's BFF a rag quilt. The poor kid has a real pip for a Mom. I wanted the kid to know someone thinks she's worth making something special for.
th_82E8A908-8D77-4A76-9D9B-AA6AB4848CB2-15751-0000202FBE6DC729.jpg

And here are a few of the tissue holders I made. I think I did 48 and have learned that even though my day job is stressful I shouldnt give it up and try to earn a living making things.:lmao:
th_06150BBA-1A97-44FD-AAE2-60A763C40FBF-15751-0000202FACC9DF12.jpg

I'm working on another rag quilt. Almost done with the sewing. If the snow forecasts are accurate this weekend should be a good time to do the cutting on the seams.

The quilt is so pretty and you are so sweet to take the time to make someone feel so special. The tissue covers look great. I find my creative time to be the best "therapy" after a crazy day at work.

Another idea you may want to consider is a park bag/purse for your special princess. This is my park bag:

th_QueenOfHearts.jpg

Since I am on my Photobucket account, I will post some outfits that I made for myself, as they may be acceptable to a tween too.

A Minnie-inspired Rebecca dress
th_RebeccaLowRes.jpg

A Minnie-inspired Jamie dress
th_JamieLowRes.jpg

th_RetroJamieLowRes.jpg

th_MickeyandMinnie.jpg

Hopefully these pictures will get your creative juices going!

They sure get my creative juices flowing!! As I've said before, I love your outfits. I never make anything for myself any more and I should get back to that. Oh, and I am totally jealous that you can wear flip flops to the parks! I have to wear tennis shoes or Keens.

Great job on the dress and I'm sure your niece loved it. Thanks for sharing!

Front

That is adorable! Great job!!

On other exciting news: DH and I may be planning a September trip! DH just said to me the other day, would you like to go to Night of Joy? I am just super excited as music is a big part of worship for us (he sings in our church's selected voices choir). Now hopefully we can get free dining and airfare that doesn't cost a fortune. I guess we should have booked that bounceback when we were there last year, but we honestly didn't think we would go during the times they specified. I guess there may be new Disney outfits for me afterall!

Oh, that is exciting news to be planning a trip!!:cool1: September is our favorite time of the year to go. We aren't going this year for the first time in a very long time and it will be hard. But next year we have two of our grandchildren turning 5, so we will take each one on a separate trip, so that will be cool. What resort do you usually choose? Have fun making new outfits for your trip and for the new niece or nephew!

th_82E8A908-8D77-4A76-9D9B-AA6AB4848CB2-15751-0000202FBE6DC729.jpg

th_06150BBA-1A97-44FD-AAE2-60A763C40FBF-15751-0000202FACC9DF12.jpg

Aww, I love the rag quilt and hope it brought a smile to your DD's BFF and will continue to give her "warm fuzzies" every time she wraps up in it. What a nice thing to do.:hug:

DOes anyone have a serger that they love and can recommend? I am thinking about purchasing one and I am feeling very overwhelmed. I want to use it on t-shirts and rooled hems, I also want to be able to attach the "ruffler". Any help would be appreciated.

Jennifer

Hi! :wave2: I finally uploaded photos of the baby quilt I did.

Not Disney, but surely fit for a princess. :goodvibes

07cb5fe5-8b12-46ad-8d69-d22d25c25d6a.jpg

I adored the little princess fabric and based the whole quilt on that. It was a real pleasure to make, and was gifted to one of my DIS friends who is expecting her first baby in a couple of weeks.

1596f068-ab7f-4a10-92be-c961efeaa540.jpg

DOes anyone have a serger that they love and can recommend? I am thinking about purchasing one and I am feeling very overwhelmed. I want to use it on t-shirts and rooled hems, I also want to be able to attach the "ruffler". Any help would be appreciated.

Jennifer

I just bought a second hand one for $50. So far I love it, it's a Powerlock. I saw that Amazon has some great sales on sewing machines and embroidery machines. I didn't look to see if they had any sergers on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter