Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I just have to say I read you post last night and it made me giggle. "Tinkle" Tee Hee. :lmao: I personally perfer Cinderella over Tink too - DD calls her "my princess" :cutie: I can't wait to see how the dress runs out pyrxtc! I have a Cinderella inspired dress in the works for DD too - but not cut out yet. I am using New Look 6137 because I thought the pattern looked easy. Tried it out on a Belle-inspired dress, and not so easy :faint: - the bodice is a bit complicated. Hope you have better luck!

Quilted Mickeys would have been way cute! I was thinking of BoG when I picked it, so I was Belle-inspired when I made it.

Happy Friday everyone! :woohoo:

Autocorrect strikes again - I thought I had posted "Tink" Guess the kindle had other ideas. :rotfl2:

When I get back into the craft, I get back into it! I've got three projects in motion right now: finishing up a Christmas Present for DH; Knitted baby sweater for a co-worker & sewing weights for me. Plus I've got about 50 ideas waiting in the wings.

But I mustn't over do-it.

I'm sorting/purging my fabric. It seemed like a really good idea at the time.

Does anyone have a good Internet pattern for knit beanies? My friends daughter has leukemia and I want to send her some goodies.

Hi Everyone,

After a crazy marathon on the computer to finish 5 photo books, I've finally had some sewing time. I made a custom nursing cover today and finished the hem and collar on a Snow White costume. I actually made two of the SW last fall since I started with too large a pattern for dd. (Stupid commercial pattern!) I had to remake a smaller one for her, but a young cousin will be wearing the larger one at WDW later this month, so thankfully it was not wasted effort and fabric! I can't wait to hear how people react to her. She has lovely curly black hair and the costume looks so nice on her!

Next up, 3 beach robes for my kids from this pattern. We're going to an indoor water park next Friday. Nothing like a little pressure on myself. ;) The kids picked some cute striped towels from Wally's. I'm kind of excited about this project!

Here's what I've been working on lately. These are gifts for a co-worker who just had her second child (a boy). I usually try to do something for any older children in the family as well as for the new baby. In this family, there is also a 2.5 year old girl who loves Tangled so that was the theme I went with.

First for the big sister:

th_January2013022.jpg

and then navy pinwhale corduroy overalls for the new baby brother:

th_January2013017.jpg

Judy

What a nice gift! Very cute!

Hi Carrie! How is your etsy shop going? I hope you have been able to sell some of your nursing covers. With the decrease in our paychecks I am once again toying with the idea of a shop. Just need to make sure I could put income on our personal taxes and not have to file separate business taxes. I worry b/c in our state you must have a business license to sell on etsy.

Hi Andrea!

So glad to see you posting regularly again! My shop is going VERY slowly, but thank you for asking! So far only a couple family members have made purchases. The shop itself is a bit neglected and I need to get a bunch of new items listed. I've got some embroidered items I made as gifts to list. With Christmas and homeschooling, I just haven't had enough time to get much done. Hopefully, I can get some work done on that next week, too!

Michigan has a really nice website that walks you through all the steps of opening a small business. Maybe Virginia does too? I applied for a state license because then I can buy wholesale from places like Monag. You should be able to google the tax question, I would think.

We just found out that Josh's brother and his wife are having a BOY!!! Yay!!!

D~

Congratulations! And I love the little pants! I've found creative sewing for boys is hard. But if anyone can do it, you can! Can't wait to see the rest of what you make for the little guy!

And all 3 together..... I don't have my live model til the end of this week.

th_EE438088-1E8D-4B44-B4DD-B1AC967ED7E6-6258-00000D49D5F11473.jpg

They all turned out so nicely! I loved the petulant model shots, too! When does the contest conclude?

Hello, friends! Popping in to live vicariously through all your creations. I can't sew right now as I just had knee surgery, and it was my right leg. Maybe I should learn how to work that foot pedal with my left. You never know!

Anyway, I am on the mend. Just made a beautiful baby quilt for a fellow DIS friend, and finished curtains for our basement, pre-surgery. Not Disney related but still an accomplishment.

Happy to be back on the DIS and checking out all the beautiful things! Keep up the good work! I love seeing all the creativity.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I hope you'll be back up to full speed very soon!

I think it's been so quiet since most people have migrated from here to FB. And yes Flora, I think you and I may be the only ones who don't FB! I think Diane is the only one who FB's and still sticks around here regularly. I miss seeing all the others great stuff and keeping up with them, but I can certainly understand not wanting to post in both places. I guess FB is easier for most :confused3

I do FB, including the disbou page, but I actually prefer it here. Honestly, I'm kind of intimidated by the group on FB. They are always very kind, but so many of them know each other so well, I feel a bit like an outsider. (I don't mean that to sound at all snarky or rude, so I hope it doesn't come across that way!)

Sorry I already broke the rules! I really was just trying to share the pic! Here is a shirt I made for my son for our upcoming Valentine's Day trip.
Hope this works & I don't get another infraction!

th_6708089A-F275-4D69-9A4B-C0D5FF394344-2082-000000E13DD4882A_zpsb11b9192.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry it's huge! No idea how to resize on photobucket mobile.

Very clever! And, welcome!

But my favorite, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE despite it not showing their shirts at all:

Jen

All those pics are great! I drool over your blog and website - it just looks so polished! How wonderful to have a photographer friend! That last shot is wonderful! My kids are not allowed to touch their ears either. :) They're decorations on a shelf in my bedroom.

I haven't been here in a while because the holidays and then I had a little health thing, which is being corrected by the fabulous chiropractor recommended by my mom and my sister and who is a dear friend's chiropractor as well.

Anyway with the back/neck issues I've been reducing my sewing. I'm starting to gradually sew again, but nothing to share yet.

Love all the dresses and the Lightning Heart.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Hope you'll feel up to sewing soon!

I just purchased one tonight. I am so excited!!!:cool1:

Congrats! You'll love it!

Thanks everyone. I am 20 weeks along Andrea. I may not have posted on this thread but in my trip report. I am just tired. We have a lot of other things impacting us too right now.

My MIL is ill, this bus strike, we need to move things around because we have to do a home remodel to fit all the kids in. It is just a lot. Also with me being a high risk pregnancy due to my age and a rather horrid previous history things are just hard. I am trying to do what I can but it is beginning to feel like the walls are closing in

We are super excited though and hope that we find out what the baby is at my next sonogram in a couple weeks.

I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time! Prayers that things will ease up on you soon!

556401_10151444167056972_1798385243_n.jpg

I hope this work as I don't post many pictures on here.

Those turned out great!

Here are a few things I've made this week:
th_P1290039.jpg

th_P1290040.jpg

These are purchased dresses and I added the appliques:
th_P1290042.jpg

th_P1290043.jpg

I love everything! My favorite is the first outfit - love those colors! What size range are those dresses? I'd love that pink one for dd, though I'm guessing it's too big right now. Maybe I'll go grab one for a year or two down the road.

Hi

Oliver + S Ruffle Halter (free pattern) - Jessie Cowgirl
I also love the popover dress pattern
Shorts - Once Upon A Child/Target Mossimo
Front:
th_Jessie1_zps6c42717f.jpg

Stitch shirt for DS - hand-appliqued (this picture is pre-sewn, but it turned out well and DS loves it)
th_Stitch1_zps1fdd986c.jpg

key fobs/pocket purses - longwaitforisabella.com (lanyard and key fob pattern). The Lanyards and Goofy have not yet been finished, and there's also another Tigger pocket purse in the works for DS. I am making 2 for DD and DS each, Red Minnie-inspired for me, Goofy for DH.
Th_pockets_front_zps40154e87.jpg

I also bought a two-zip hipster pattern on Etsy from Erin Erickson . I have material cut out for a vintage-inspired Mickey/Minnie hipster for our trip using the same pattern. I love how this turned out! Thank you to D~ for the inspiration to try out a hipster, your bags are awesome!!!
th_photo1_zps4dd68b10.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :bitelip:

I love everything, but that Jesse outfit is TDF! So clever!

Thank you everyone for the comments. I went with the pink image one with the full skirt. I went to buy the Tink fabric and the quality of the batch they had was really dismal. It was very see through and I just couldn't go through with buying it. I ended up buying blue Cinderella fabric, she liked my blue one best anyways, and am going to use plain light blue for the skirt with 3 or 3 over-layers of tulle to match Cindy's dress and a bit of pink tulle peeking out from under.

th_FB155E7C-A14D-4D5D-BDA6-B53EAAC0573D-10483-000015BD0A6507D9.jpg

Someday I'll buy a pattern I have to print out. I don't have a working printer to print it out on plus I already owned the pattern I am using.

I really like the ruffled top and the pocket purses. Very handy to have one of those.

That will be really pretty!

What does everyone think of the new Cindy and other Princesses? I love the in-park changes, but I'm not so sure on the printed versions yet.

th_Tink2_zps29e6b090.jpg

th_Minnie1_zps7424ce17.jpg

DS's bottle carrier is made Star Wars fabric from Joann. He LOVES this fabric, more importantly note the AT-AT detail. DS is obsessed with anything Star Wars lately, particularly AT-ATs, so he was really geeked about this and offered consultation in the design and what to have shown (Death Star on the inside, AT-AT on the outside, Wing Fighter on the bottom). He has since sat there and just studied the bottle carrier. :laughing: :love:

th_Bottle1_zps478a2b17.jpg

Everything is nice, but I really like the patchwork jean skirt. I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you'd hope. I hate when that happens! I love that you ds helped design his water bottle holder!

Off to print the robe patterns and get started! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Regards,
C.

goteamwood said:
Awwwww, shucks. Thanks. :)

Yay! goteamwood - awesomely cute tops and photos! Sorry fir the misquote. ha, auto correct strikes again ("for" not "fir" - tee hee! Go iPhone go...) :)

I've been at an educational conference for the past 3 days and I'm trying to catch up here. Everything looks great.
The conference was in Orlando but unfortunately there was no time to visit the parks. We did have dinner and did some shopping in Downtown Disney one evening. My co-worker had never been to Downtown and was so amazed at everything, she was like a kid in a candy store.
Have a great day everyone.

I hope the conference was good. It sounds like you and your co-worker had a good time at Downtown Disney one evening. Maybe you co-worker will be planning a trip to the parks AND Downtown Disney soon! :thumbsup2

I'm so happy this bumped so I could find you all!!

Is it just Disney sewing? Or anything?

Welcome! We share pictures of sewing (and other crafts) and certainly they are not all Disney related. You may want to read the first post as it provides some background about this lovely, talented, friendly group of people.

Autocorrect strikes again - I thought I had posted "Tink" Guess the kindle had other ideas. :rotfl2:

When I get back into the craft, I get back into it! I've got three projects in motion right now: finishing up a Christmas Present for DH; Knitted baby sweater for a co-worker & sewing weights for me. Plus I've got about 50 ideas waiting in the wings.

Sounds like you have your projects all lined up! I can't wait to see pictures of these projects!

Does anyone have a good Internet pattern for knit beanies? My friends daughter has leukemia and I want to send her some goodies.

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I just want to say I am sorry to hear that your friend is going through a difficult time. You are a good friend by sending her something special. I hope the family is getting the support needed in this time of need.

Hi Everyone,

After a crazy marathon on the computer to finish 5 photo books, I've finally had some sewing time. I made a custom nursing cover today and finished the hem and collar on a Snow White costume. I actually made two of the SW last fall since I started with too large a pattern for dd. (Stupid commercial pattern!) I had to remake a smaller one for her, but a young cousin will be wearing the larger one at WDW later this month, so thankfully it was not wasted effort and fabric! I can't wait to hear how people react to her. She has lovely curly black hair and the costume looks so nice on her!

Next up, 3 beach robes for my kids from this pattern. We're going to an indoor water park next Friday. Nothing like a little pressure on myself. ;) The kids picked some cute striped towels from Wally's. I'm kind of excited about this project!

Regards,
C.

Those photobooks can take a lot of time but I am sure they are well worth the effort. I hope your cousin will get lots of attention in the Snow White dress that you made. I can't wait to see pictures of the beach robes. I am sure your kids are looking forward to going to the water park. It sounds like a great idea to escape the winter!

I just have to say I read you post last night and it made me giggle. "Tinkle" Tee Hee. :lmao: I personally perfer Cinderella over Tink too - DD calls her "my princess" :cutie: I can't wait to see how the dress runs out pyrxtc! I have a Cinderella inspired dress in the works for DD too - but not cut out yet. I am using New Look 6137 because I thought the pattern looked easy. Tried it out on a Belle-inspired dress, and not so easy :faint: - the bodice is a bit complicated. Hope you have better luck!

Quilted Mickeys would have been way cute! I was thinking of BoG when I picked it, so I was Belle-inspired when I made it.

Happy Friday everyone! :woohoo:

So far, just cutting out the pattern, I HATE it ! UGH !! It is a PIA and the writing on the pattern is wrong. Numbers look right but descriptions are wrong on 2 of them. It describes 3 skirt side front and no side backs or front of skirt. Some of the pattern was so faded out that you couldn't see the lines to follow. It has like 150 inches on the waist that you have to gather twice, once for skirt and once for the lining. I hope that it turns out worth the hassle.

I also had a bunch of leftover Cindy fabric and decided to make an apron for her too. Her grandpa says she doesn't have a doll that he knows of but spends a lot of time on her play kitchen. So I made a full an apron for her and one that starts at the waist for Mom so they match.

wish I could help but good luck !

Love the fabric choices and your plans for the dress. I see that you decided to change up the way the top is cut. I think it sounds like a good idea. The fabric is so pretty that it seems like a shame to cut it up into little pieces only to sew it back together.

Totally understand. :)

And I agree - it needs to warm up soon... Just ONE more month for the worst of it - I think I can, I think I can... :faint:

D~
It was 20 degrees here tonight. I don't know how you stand it up north where it is really cold!

Tink2_zps29e6b090.jpg
Tink3_zps72cc4da2.jpg

Minnie1_zps7424ce17.jpg
Minnie2_zps614d8458.jpg

Thanks for bearing with me and all my project posts. :hippie: It freezing outside in MN, work is slow lately, and I'm busy dreaming about FL and my sewing projects to come. :rolleyes1
I love that top. It is so cute! And the Minnie outfit turned out great too. Sorry that it was painful to put together but it looks really good from this direction. ;)

I too am dreaming about Florida and some warm weather. We had two days earlier this week that were 70 degrees (one actually broke a record) but the last two days have been cold and yucky.

After much self torture on what dress to do, I don't like how the pattern I post pieces off the top into so many sections so I am going to change it and put the pieces together so I am not cutting Cindy up so much and it is prettier. I hope it works ! I will put the pattern together and then cut out the fabric.

I think I might have enough fabric to make a doll dress too. I wonder if her grandpa knows what size doll is her favorite one ? ;)
As I said further up in my post, I think this is a good plan to keep the prettiness of the fabric. I hope that it works out ok. You could do a mock up of the bodice with some muslin to see if it works alright before you cut into the more expensive Cinderella fabric.

My guess is that she would probably have a doll that would fit an 18 inch sized doll dress. Most little girls seem to have a doll that size these days.

Glad that you found us. We all love Disney and we all love sewing. However, this group is not limited to just Disney sewing. You will find a lot of our outfits are Disney themed though.

Hi Everyone,

What size range are those dresses? I'd love that pink one for dd, though I'm guessing it's too big right now. Maybe I'll go grab one for a year or two down the road.
It sounds like you have been a busy lady. Homeschooling, sewing and taking care of your family must keep you very busy! Sorry that you have to make two Snow White outfits but at least your cousin will get to use the larger one. Maybe they can save it for you when she outgrows it and then your dd can use it.

The pool robe pattern is very cute. I did pool robes for a Big Give a couple of months ago. I used a free pattern that I got off the internet and I was happy with how they turned out. Planetapplique has a free set of "Little Lifeguard" appliques. Here is a link to them:http://www.planetapplique.com/all-appliques/lil-lifeguard-applique-set/prod_1174.html
They look really cute on the pool robes. For some reason she doesn't have them listed on her freebies page.

The pink polka dot dress came from the girls department, not the toddlers. I am sure the smallest would be too big for your little girl right now but it might be worth picking one up for her to grow into. They were only $5.97. I ordered mine on-line to avoid going into Walmart. Going into that store always ends up costing me a fortune!:confused3 I avoid going to Costco for the same reason.

So far, just cutting out the pattern, I HATE it ! UGH !! It is a PIA and the writing on the pattern is wrong. Numbers look right but descriptions are wrong on 2 of them. It describes 3 skirt side front and no side backs or front of skirt. Some of the pattern was so faded out that you couldn't see the lines to follow. It has like 150 inches on the waist that you have to gather twice, once for skirt and once for the lining. I hope that it turns out worth the hassle.

I also had a bunch of leftover Cindy fabric and decided to make an apron for her too. Her grandpa says she doesn't have a doll that he knows of but spends a lot of time on her play kitchen. So I made a full an apron for her and one that starts at the waist for Mom so they match.
Sorry that the pattern is a PITA. Can you baste the lining and skirt together at the top before gathering so that you only have to gather it once? Also, can you taper the pieces a bit at the top so that once you gather both layers they don't add in a huge amount of bulkiness at the waist of the dress?

An apron should be super cute! If she loves her play kitchen, I'm sure she will love the apron and with little ones, they just adore anything that matches with mom.

It sounds like you have been a busy lady. Homeschooling, sewing and taking care of your family must keep you very busy! Sorry that you have to make two Snow White outfits but at least your cousin will get to use the larger one. Maybe they can save it for you when she outgrows it and then your dd can use it.

The pool robe pattern is very cute. I did pool robes for a Big Give a couple of months ago. I used a free pattern that I got off the internet and I was happy with how they turned out. Planetapplique has a free set of "Little Lifeguard" appliques. Here is a link to them:http://www.planetapplique.com/all-appliques/lil-lifeguard-applique-set/prod_1174.html
They look really cute on the pool robes. For some reason she doesn't have them listed on her freebies page.

The pink polka dot dress came from the girls department, not the toddlers. I am sure the smallest would be too big for your little girl right now but it might be worth picking one up for her to grow into. They were only $5.97. I ordered mine on-line to avoid going into Walmart. Going into that store always ends up costing me a fortune!:confused3 I avoid going to Costco for the same reason.

I d/l that robe pattern when you made those robes and I considered using it, but I really like the long sleeves and hood on the MADE pattern. Thanks for the applique link! I'll check it out

I figured that dress was Girls sizes since your niece is in school. I will probably try to grab one, though, next time I'm over there. It is a dangerous store for spending money! I had actually picked some striped fabric to line the hoods of all the robes in their fabric dept, but after 10 minutes and two calls over the PA, no one came to cut it. I took that as a sign and will hit Joann's for something tomorrow.

Question - Regarding Walmart fabric, do they take competitor coupons? Their fabric prices are just too high, imo.

Regards,
C.

I've been at an educational conference for the past 3 days and I'm trying to catch up here. Everything looks great.
The conference was in Orlando but unfortunately there was no time to visit the parks. We did have dinner and did some shopping in Downtown Disney one evening. My co-worker had never been to Downtown and was so amazed at everything, she was like a kid in a candy store.
Have a great day everyone.

Ohhh, to be so close to the parks and NOT be able to enter one...:faint: But nice you got to visit DTD!

Welcome to the thread! I see others have let you know it is not exclusive Disney. You'll find a lot of inspiration and encouragement as well as great suggestions when you're "stuck" or have a problem. Hope to see something you've made in the near future.

I do not have a pattern, but hopefully someone will chime in soon to point you in the right direction. It's a very nice thought to give something so practical for your friend's daughter.:goodvibes

Your post just reminded me of our meet back in the fall. It was so much fun to see you in real life! Hopefully one of these days I can do more Dismeets.

That was so much fun! I can't believe it's been that long ago already!

Welcome! We love to see everything!

I can't wait to see everything Ruth!!!

It was 20 degrees here tonight. I don't know how you stand it up north where it is really cold!

Yesterday was really bad - we were in a Windchill warning all day... And with Alli's missing coat - I was not a happy camper! Then to top it off - Josh wanted to do some family bonding at a college hockey game... LOL Brrr... It was worth it though... Kind of cool story ahead... Josh's cousin from Alaska plays hockey for one of our local colleges - so we get to go see him play quite often, and his parents feel better when he has family to cheer for him in the stands. So, it's kind of cool. However - when it's so cold like that - you just go out there and it's so cold that you can't even be cold. LOL

Had to come and share the chenille baby quilt I made for my new nephew - it turned out really cool and I am very proud of it! It is the first quilt I have ever made... Sorry for those of you who have already seen it on my PTR... There are more pictures posted there, I just didn't want to bombard you all here.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

D~

I am sorry to hear that the pattern is giving you troubles. I am sure the end result will look very pretty and the efforts are well worth it. I think it is a great idea to make matching aprons for mom and daugther. I am sure they will enjoy their time together in the kitchen with those special aprons (play or real).

I too am dreaming about Florida and some warm weather. We had two days earlier this week that were 70 degrees (one actually broke a record) but the last two days have been cold and yucky.

Wow, I cannot imagine 70 degrees in January! I was so happy earlier in the week when it warmed up to around 30 degrees here. :rotfl2:

I think the Walmart and Costco that you guys have must be more interesting than the ones here. We only go into those stores for very specific things and leave. Costco is always like a zoo here so we try to avoid it as much as possible. Unfortunately they have the best prices on a few staples so we put up with it!

I figured that dress was Girls sizes since your niece is in school. I will probably try to grab one, though, next time I'm over there. It is a dangerous store for spending money! I had actually picked some striped fabric to line the hoods of all the robes in their fabric dept, but after 10 minutes and two calls over the PA, no one came to cut it. I took that as a sign and will hit Joann's for something tomorrow.

Question - Regarding Walmart fabric, do they take competitor coupons? Their fabric prices are just too high, imo.

Regards,
C.

I hope you can get what you need at Joann's. We don't have a fabric department in the Walmarts near us (they never put them back in after they took them out a couple of years ago). I just see it as a sign that I should use up my stash! :rotfl: I have never heard of Walmart taking competitors' coupons, though I guess it never hurts to ask!

Yesterday was really bad - we were in a Windchill warning all day... And with Alli's missing coat - I was not a happy camper! Then to top it off - Josh wanted to do some family bonding at a college hockey game... LOL Brrr... It was worth it though... Kind of cool story ahead... Josh's cousin from Alaska plays hockey for one of our local colleges - so we get to go see him play quite often, and his parents feel better when he has family to cheer for him in the stands. So, it's kind of cool. However - when it's so cold like that - you just go out there and it's so cold that you can't even be cold. LOL

Had to come and share the chenille baby quilt I made for my new nephew - it turned out really cool and I am very proud of it! It is the first quilt I have ever made... Sorry for those of you who have already seen it on my PTR... There are more pictures posted there, I just didn't want to bombard you all here.

th_IMG_0003.jpg
th_IMG_0005.jpg

th_IMG_0013.jpg
th_IMG_0014.jpg

D~

The quilt turned out great! It looks nice and warm! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

I totally get what you mean by it's so cold that you can't even be cold. My family lived in Winnipeg when I was in high school (which is about 7 hours drive northwest of Minneapolis), so I got used to going outside on miserably cold days. One of the few good things I would say about Winnipeg is that the original Winnie the Pooh was from there. :lmao: I am so thankful that we live in Calgary now. The chinooks really help to break up winter.

anyone vote on pattern review ? I didn't realize you had to be a member for 3 months to vote. I thought they changed that but maybe they just changed who can enter timeline ?

DMGeurts said:

D~

The quilt turned out so cute! I forgot to mention when I saw that you were making the quilt that my MIL (aka the quilter) made a similar one for DS when he was a baby. I LOVED that quilt and he had a blast rolling on that with the textures, yet it was still so soft. The car fabric is really cute too. :D

Also if you are interested in other ideas, YCMT has a super cute/adaptable pocket bid pattern by Precious Patterns - bugs, bees, etc. I made the pattern into a frog bib for my new nephew using 3 fat quarters, green ribbon, and a pair of cool green/back "frog eye" buttons that they had at Joann's. It could totally be made into a monkey or other animal too.

anyone vote on pattern review ? I didn't realize you had to be a member for 3 months to vote. I thought they changed that but maybe they just changed who can enter timeline ?

Sorry I don't know the answer to that, but I hope you will do well in the contest!

Also if you are interested in other ideas, YCMT has a super cute/adaptable pocket bid pattern by Precious Patterns - bugs, bees, etc. I made the pattern into a frog bib for my new nephew using 3 fat quarters, green ribbon, and a pair of cool green/back "frog eye" buttons that they had at Joann's. It could totally be made into a monkey or other animal too.

Thanks for sharing the information about the bibs. I just found out last night that my brother-in-law and his wife are expecting their first child. I will be making a few things for them over the next few months, so I am sure I will be looking for ideas!

The quilt turned out so cute! I forgot to mention when I saw that you were making the quilt that my MIL (aka the quilter) made a similar one for DS when he was a baby. I LOVED that quilt and he had a blast rolling on that with the textures, yet it was still so soft. The car fabric is really cute too. :D

That is good to hear... I am so nervous about making things for a baby...

Love the bib idea though - I will go look for that pattern. :thumbsup2

D~

Hi

I haven't posted anything in a long while, but I lurk here pretty much daily. I love so many things that it is hard to keep up!

I won't repaste pictures/quote but I wanted to say I love so many things lately!!!

PrincessMom4 - love the waterbottle holders with the drawstrings! I just made 2 holders (Minnie-inspired for me, Star Wars for and DS) and they are so funny (I such a sewing novice), but they'll do the trick. I used a strap instead, but now seeing your drawstring appraoach... I'll try to post pictures soon.

DianeMom2 - Love the halter tops! Is that the Oliver + S pattern? The dresses are super cute to. Did you make the dresses too?

DisneyChic2 - love the Mickey Hat shirts and the cute Chevron background in your pictures!

And, a long time in coming... Scrap_heaven - DD would die if she saw the Tiana dress, very cute!

OK, so here are a few creations from (gasp) last Fall I thought I share. I've been working on other things since, but haven't taken the pictures which would then have to be loaded to my work PC (home is SO slow) and then posted. It a process... so I lurk and enjoy most of the time. :surfweb:

Oliver + S Ruffle Halter (free pattern) - Jessie Cowgirl
I also love the popover dress pattern
Shorts - Once Upon A Child/Target Mossimo
Front:
th_Jessie1_zps6c42717f.jpg

Back:
th_Jessie_Back_zpse7a8be44.jpg

Modeled by DD (she was a size 5 when this was taken, made it in size 6 for October trip):
th_Jessie_T_zps55fafe9b.jpg

Also bought a super cute coordinating Jessie Cowgirl hair clip from MaddieBsBoutique on Etsy.

Stitch shirt for DS - hand-appliqued (this picture is pre-sewn, but it turned out well and DS loves it)
th_Stitch1_zps1fdd986c.jpg
th_Stitch2_zps6f386889.jpg

key fobs/pocket purses - longwaitforisabella.com (lanyard and key fob pattern). The Lanyards and Goofy have not yet been finished, and there's also another Tigger pocket purse in the works for DS. I am making 2 for DD and DS each, Red Minnie-inspired for me, Goofy for DH.
th_pockets_front_zps40154e87.jpg
th_pockets_back_zps94481aa5.jpg

I also bought a two-zip hipster pattern on Etsy from Erin Erickson . I have material cut out for a vintage-inspired Mickey/Minnie hipster for our trip using the same pattern. I love how this turned out! Thank you to D~ for the inspiration to try out a hipster, your bags are awesome!!!
th_photo1_zps4dd68b10.jpg
th_purse2_zpsd66649d7.jpg

Thanks for viewing!
The Jessie is so cute! That top is the perfect pattern for the fabrics you used. Stitch turned out great too and I really LOVE your hipster. I have wanted that pattern for over a year now. My Vera Bradley bag that I use is three years old and is starting to show its wear, so I may have to break down and spend $ on a pattern.

Cute! Can't wait to see what you come up with. You motivated me to go home last night and take more pictures - in doing that I discovered I had made a top out of a different Tink fabric - I think now that I bought it at Hancock and the one you posted earlier I know I have seen, and you are right, it's more flimsy/see-through.

Here's the Tink tunic-length top I made DD (sorry for the blurring iPhone picture) - yes, I made her model it for me too. I think I made it a smidge longer if I remember correctly too. She has another top of the same pattern and I wanted this one a bit longer - hits at her hips. I have been making korker hair bows lately too, she's no impressed with them and yanks them out immediately!

th_Tink2_zps29e6b090.jpg
th_Tink3_zps72cc4da2.jpg

This is a PDF top pattern - super easy with adjustable sizes. I used it to make a similar top made as my first sewing project - that has since turned into a skirt since I flipped the length/width.
Etsy shop: toosweetspatterns - sugar ruffle tank

Here's another painful outfit. DM did the Minnie head embroidery on the shirt (Minnie head from Frou Frou by Heather Sue). Skirt: no pattern, just winged it with an idea in my head and some coaching from DM on how to attache the ruffles. I re-purposed a jeans skirt I bought 2nd hand. The jean was stretchy and it "resized" a little after I had the ruffles ready to attach, and now puckers in the back since the ruffles ended up shorter, but exactly what I measured? GAH! I am NOT redoing it, I had like 5 failed attempts at attaching the ruffles, so it's good enough. This will be DD's AK outfit, maybe something to wear this summer too. I got the shoes for a steal on Zulilly - cute, but I don't think they look comfortable.

th_Minnie1_zps7424ce17.jpg
th_Minnie2_zps614d8458.jpg

And lastly, my not-so-great attempt at water bottle carriers. I had some extra InsulBrite laying around from another project, so I thought I'd give it ago after finding the tutorial that was posted here about a month ago. The bottles are DH's 24 oz Mt Dew, so larger than what I would probably carry around.

DS's bottle carrier is made Star Wars fabric from Joann. He LOVES this fabric, more importantly note the AT-AT detail. DS is obsessed with anything Star Wars lately, particularly AT-ATs, so he was really geeked about this and offered consultation in the design and what to have shown (Death Star on the inside, AT-AT on the outside, Wing Fighter on the bottom). He has since sat there and just studied the bottle carrier.

I made myself a Minnie-inspired bottle carrier with some left-over fabric from my stash. The inside is black with white polka dots. I hand-quilted that thing, what a pain, just don't know how to machine quilt a pattern and my attempt failed. It's a cute swirly rose stitch pattern though. Now having these finished, I wished I would have seen PrincessMom4's design first!

th_Bottle1_zps478a2b17.jpg

IF I make a bottle carrier for DH, I guess I'll need to make it taller too for those 24 oz Mt Dew bottles.

Thanks for bearing with me and all my project posts. It freezing outside in MN, work is slow lately, and I'm busy dreaming about FL and my sewing projects to come. :rolleyes1
Everything looks great but I really like the AK outfit the best. I hope the puckering on the skirt isn't too noticeable b/c it's such an adorable outfit.

We post pics of anything we sew. We even post pics of cakes we make sometimes!

Hi Everyone,

What a nice gift! Very cute!

Hi Andrea!

So glad to see you posting regularly again! My shop is going VERY slowly, but thank you for asking! So far only a couple family members have made purchases. The shop itself is a bit neglected and I need to get a bunch of new items listed. I've got some embroidered items I made as gifts to list. With Christmas and homeschooling, I just haven't had enough time to get much done. Hopefully, I can get some work done on that next week, too!

Michigan has a really nice website that walks you through all the steps of opening a small business. Maybe Virginia does too? I applied for a state license because then I can buy wholesale from places like Monag. You should be able to google the tax question, I would think.

Congratulations! And I love the little pants! I've found creative sewing for boys is hard. But if anyone can do it, you can! Can't wait to see the rest of what you make for the little guy!

They all turned out so nicely! I loved the petulant model shots, too! When does the contest conclude?

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I hope you'll be back up to full speed very soon!

I do FB, including the disbou page, but I actually prefer it here. Honestly, I'm kind of intimidated by the group on FB. They are always very kind, but so many of them know each other so well, I feel a bit like an outsider. (I don't mean that to sound at all snarky or rude, so I hope it doesn't come across that way!)

Very clever! And, welcome!

All those pics are great! I drool over your blog and website - it just looks so polished! How wonderful to have a photographer friend! That last shot is wonderful! My kids are not allowed to touch their ears either. :) They're decorations on a shelf in my bedroom.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Hope you'll feel up to sewing soon!

Congrats! You'll love it!

I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time! Prayers that things will ease up on you soon!

Those turned out great!

I love everything! My favorite is the first outfit - love those colors! What size range are those dresses? I'd love that pink one for dd, though I'm guessing it's too big right now. Maybe I'll go grab one for a year or two down the road.

I love everything, but that Jesse outfit is TDF! So clever!

That will be really pretty!

What does everyone think of the new Cindy and other Princesses? I love the in-park changes, but I'm not so sure on the printed versions yet.

Everything is nice, but I really like the patchwork jean skirt. I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you'd hope. I hate when that happens! I love that you ds helped design his water bottle holder!

Regards,
C.
Sorry your shop is slow -- I think a lot are like that to start. I have all the info I need for my license and VA taxes, and I think I found you can make up to $400 b/f reporting it on federal. I'm now all the more worried though b/c I know someone who started being a Pampered Chef consultant two years and she just got notice they are being audited by the IRS all in relation to the PC stuff! Eeks! I wouldn't want to get audited!

I d/l that robe pattern when you made those robes and I considered using it, but I really like the long sleeves and hood on the MADE pattern. Thanks for the applique link! I'll check it out

Regards,
C.
I don't know if Wally's takes any coupons -- never tried and the check out folks at ours aren't the sharpest tools in the shed so they may be baffled given a 40% off coupon. Their prices have gotten way too high. Not that I buy fabric anymore, but I won't pay full price there unless it's something I absolutely must have.

th_IMG_0003.jpg

th_IMG_0005.jpg

th_IMG_0013.jpg

th_IMG_0014.jpg

D~
The quilt is beautiful and it looks so soft!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!