• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Hello all and Happy New Year! I have been MIA for most of December I think :confused3 It was a crazy month with travel, parties, etc. Much as I adore Christmas, I'm glad things can settle and I can be back to my normal routine (work, WW, running, sewing, etc). Our next trip (to Beach Club Villas) is still 139 days away but I made this dress this weekend for DD and I LOVE IT!!!!

And you can see in the back of the photo I bought a shoe organizer thing this weekend and color coded all my scraps, which makes them so much easier to find than the basket I had been using.

The front (like the blue streak in DD's hair... Christmas gift):
472A9743.jpg

The back:
C7B2D7EC.jpg

I have the straps about an inch too long. I will adjust the buttons if need be but I'm hoping she will be able to wear it both in May and November.

And two outfits I made for a friend who bought into DVC (used us as a referral) and I wanted to give her a thank you for their trip later this month:
F3E4CA65.jpg

Love the dress as I sit here and freeze it remindes me of a lovely, warm, vacation! Your AK shirts look great, that is my favorite park!

I have never bought Disney fabric from overseas. I am always concerned that they are not offically licensed (especially from China). I simply don't want to spend my hard earned money on counterfit items. I imagine the more reputable sellers will be ok?[/QUOTE

I can bet that 99% of what you are buying off Etsy from china is not licensed. They don't have the same laws there about licenses.

Try this one, I used a version of it to make my arrow bag and it worked great.

My DH is awesome !! he let me buy a display case for the Disney figures and bonus is it came with drawers that fit my patterns with plenty of room to add more. I can't wait to put it my sewing room when we move but right now it's in my kids playroom.

The whole thing -- it was a display for ski goggles.
ACCA795A-3CC8-4D9F-92DA-80D070714419-914-000001188DE9EAD0.jpg

My figurines -- they were just sitting on top of the TV
B3216831-5FE0-4187-9E0B-579A09920E91-914-00000118777D7AAD.jpg

My patterns --- Each drawer holds about 75-100 patterns
FC5FA8A8-C834-408B-9EFD-071F8F610E45-914-00000118858390BE.jpg

And I got two drawer stacks, the 2nd one just doesn't have the glass on it.They both look like this on front.
E8AC69D0-5BAF-4D55-BB2D-CCB15F5C1950-914-00000118A81BE006.jpg

Plus I was at Joann's this weekend and got a pic of all the New Mickey fabric they got in.

646328D4-FEE4-4A20-B419-88107B6C8371-914-00000118C16996E8.jpg

Thanks for the link, looks like a fun project that I would like to try.
I love your storage cabinet for your patterns, lots of great storage.
I collect Jim Shore Disney Figurines, I pick one up as a souvenir every time we take a trip. Currently, they are in my china cabinet in my dining room.
And here are a few more.

Grinch outfits I finished for the kids. I had meant to do these last year, lol. My photographer friend took this pic so it's much better than any of mine!

1357230128.jpg

I don't think I ever shared these here. Way back from Halloween! Not the most flattering pic of Connor.

1357230819.jpg

And back view of the Frankenweenie dress. Ignore my daughter's pose, she is a bit of a smart-aleck at times!

1357230786.jpg

Everything looks great, your kiddos are really getting big!

Everyone has been so busy lately! WTMTQ! I have seen many beautiful dresses and outfits posted. I so wish we had a trip planned so I could justify making some Disney stuff. I guess I'll just have to get my fix by signing up for the next Give!

I was busy before Christmas finishing some gifts for family. Sorry in advance for the non-Disney picture overload! And no matter how small I edit the photos on my computer, they still show up huge here! I'll have to brush up on my photo editing skills once work calms down a bit.

A towel and facecloth for part of my niece's birthday gift. The towel is in her favourite colour, pink! (This prompted her to ask me if I could redo one of her shirts because SIL tossed it.)
46443_10151149000807202_1777498663_n.jpg

DS participated in a Secret Santa for his class at school. He asked me if I could make a "winter shirt" for the girl he got. It was a $5 limit and I lucked out on the shirt - it was only $2! The shirt was actually red not pink. See what I get for taking a picture in the dark!?!
537252_10151149048712202_113847329_n.jpg

DS also wanted a shirt for his holiday concert. And for $2, why not!
429018_10151149010977202_35336233_n.jpg

Then I did an apron for SIL. Apparently she has been miffed for quite a few months that I haven't made her anything "special". Little did she know I had been working on designing this apron and digitizing the designs for a few months to make sure they were perfect for her. When I saw the blue vine fabric in the stash that my friend gave me in the summer, I knew I had hit the jackpot and just had to find a coordinating fabric. She always brings fancy cupcakes to family events so I had to put a cupcake on it for her!
551002_10151149041572202_205317528_n.jpg

I made some Christmas hand towels for SIL and MIL. The fuzzy white stuff is the water soluble stabilizer that I washed out after I took the picture and then promptly forgot to take another picture before I wrapped them up.
483340_10151149010982202_1959686409_n.jpg

A red apron I did for my FIL who would BBQ everything if he could. The place that had the shirts for $2 had these aprons for $3. Another awesome deal! I was a little disappointed in how much this font pulled in the apron while stitching. You could literally see the material being pulled in as the machine was stitching. I may try doing this one over again on something else to see if it is the font, the material or I just messed up when hooping it.
397754_10151149011112202_2010392192_n.jpg

My BIL is right into the whole "Keep Calm" craze and he loves to cook, so I did a red apron for him too. This one turned out a lot better and I did it the same way so I think the issue on the other one is the font.
317958_10151149011002202_373284304_n.jpg

And finally, a shirt for my MIL to wear on New Years. She loves her bling so this was perfect for her!
541826_10151149047347202_1654527833_n.jpg

'Let it snow' and the other Christmas designs came from dailyembroidery.com. The name on the towel is HeatherSue's Disney font and the heart/flower applique came from LinniePinnie. The cupcake apron and 'Keep Calm' apron are designs I digitized myself. The big font in the 'King' apron came from dailyembroidery and I digitized the small font and crown in it. Overall, I was pretty happy with how most items turned out. I still have a lot to learn about digitizing but I was really happy with how the designs I did stitched out.

Well you have been busy! I'll bet everyone enjoyed their gifts. I think your aprons need different stabilizer and thats why you ran into a problem. What did you use? Congrats on the digitizing, I don't think I will ever figure that out!

Judy ~ I thought I picked up your post but I guessed I missed it. I will get over and catch up on your trip report but I wanted to wish you Gods many blessings for you and your family in the new year.

E

A towel and facecloth for part of my niece's birthday gift.

Everything turned out great. I love the shirt for your son and it was sweet that he wanted you to make a shirt for the girl in his class. I think that the apron pulled because the density of the embroidery. Sometimes when the embroidery is so dense, it tends to pull the embroidery like that. Did you use a heavy weight cut away stabilizer? Material on those aprons can be tricky to work with.

YAY! Hi! I finally found the newest thread :) Sewing up a storm over here for our upcoming trip to Disney for our daughter Savannah's Wish on february 22nd. :) Love me some Disboutiquers!!! :love::love::love: Just happy to have found the thread and able to follow along again.
Welcome back to the group! We can't wait to see pictures of what you've been making! Aren't you friends with Marianne IRL?

Diane, Alexa did wear her Grinch outfit on Christmas. Connor is starting to not want to wear anything I make and I don't push the issue. I was happy to get a picture of the two of them!
I know how you've been feeling. My girls don't want me to make anything for them and haven't for several years. However, somebody in another sewing group posted a picture of a dress today. DD12 saw it and actually asked me to make her one for our cruise this summer! I am so excited!

Here is a link to the dress she wants me to make:
http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/sis-boom-vanessa-topdress-for-women.htm

Now I just have to figure out if I have a large enough piece of material in my stash or if I will have to go and buy something.

Here are a few things that I finished up today:

This is Ellie Inspired's Sandpiper dress but I added the little flutter sleeves because it is usually sleeveless.
P1040006.jpg

Here is a sleeveless version:
P1040004.jpg

And then two more Butterfly dresses. I think I am done with this pattern for this spring. I've made like 5 of them in different materials. I might make another one or two as a blouse to pair with some shorts or capris.
P1040003.jpg

P1040002.jpg

As a nice bonus, I got the main material in the butterfly dresses for free. When I ordered the scrap box from the Fat Quarter shop on Cyber Monday, they were delayed in shipping it to me. They were very nice and sent an email with a gift certificate code in it. So I used it to order the Berenstain Bears fabric, the Hello Kitty fabric and that surfboard fabric (which I used earlier this week). All I had to pay for was the shipping charges.

Everything turned out great. I love the shirt for your son and it was sweet that he wanted you to make a shirt for the girl in his class. I think that the apron pulled because the density of the embroidery. Sometimes when the embroidery is so dense, it tends to pull the embroidery like that. Did you use a heavy weight cut away stabilizer? Material on those aprons can be tricky to work with.

Welcome back to the group! We can't wait to see pictures of what you've been making! Aren't you friends with Marianne IRL?

I know how you've been feeling. My girls don't want me to make anything for them and haven't for several years. However, somebody in another sewing group posted a picture of a dress today. DD12 saw it and actually asked me to make her one for our cruise this summer! I am so excited!

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/sis-boom-vanessa-topdress-for-women.htm

Now I just have to figure out if I have a large enough piece of material in my stash or if I will have to go and buy something.

This is Ellie Inspired's Sandpiper dress but I added the little flutter sleeves because it is usually sleeveless.
P1040006.jpg

P1040004.jpg

And then two more Butterfly dresses. I think I am done with this pattern for this spring. I've made like 5 of them in different materials. I might make another one or two as a blouse to pair with some shorts or capris.
P1040003.jpg

P1040002.jpg

As a nice bonus, I got the main material in the butterfly dresses for free. When I ordered the scrap box from the Fat Quarter shop on Cyber Monday, they were delayed in shipping it to me. They were very nice and sent an email with a gift certificate code in it. So I used it to order the Berenstain Bears fabric, the Hello Kitty fabric and that surfboard fabric (which I used earlier this week). All I had to pay for was the shipping charges.

Love the dresses but I love, love, love the Berenstain dress. Those fabrics together are fantastic!

Everyone has been so busy lately! WTMTQ! I have seen many beautiful dresses and outfits posted. I so wish we had a trip planned so I could justify making some Disney stuff. I guess I'll just have to get my fix by signing up for the next Give!

I was busy before Christmas finishing some gifts for family. Sorry in advance for the non-Disney picture overload! And no matter how small I edit the photos on my computer, they still show up huge here! I'll have to brush up on my photo editing skills once work calms down a bit.

A towel and facecloth for part of my niece's birthday gift. The towel is in her favourite colour, pink! (This prompted her to ask me if I could redo one of her shirts because SIL tossed it.)

DS participated in a Secret Santa for his class at school. He asked me if I could make a "winter shirt" for the girl he got. It was a $5 limit and I lucked out on the shirt - it was only $2! The shirt was actually red not pink. See what I get for taking a picture in the dark!?!

DS also wanted a shirt for his holiday concert. And for $2, why not!

Then I did an apron for SIL. Apparently she has been miffed for quite a few months that I haven't made her anything "special". Little did she know I had been working on designing this apron and digitizing the designs for a few months to make sure they were perfect for her. When I saw the blue vine fabric in the stash that my friend gave me in the summer, I knew I had hit the jackpot and just had to find a coordinating fabric. She always brings fancy cupcakes to family events so I had to put a cupcake on it for her!

I made some Christmas hand towels for SIL and MIL. The fuzzy white stuff is the water soluble stabilizer that I washed out after I took the picture and then promptly forgot to take another picture before I wrapped them up.

A red apron I did for my FIL who would BBQ everything if he could. The place that had the shirts for $2 had these aprons for $3. Another awesome deal! I was a little disappointed in how much this font pulled in the apron while stitching. You could literally see the material being pulled in as the machine was stitching. I may try doing this one over again on something else to see if it is the font, the material or I just messed up when hooping it.

My BIL is right into the whole "Keep Calm" craze and he loves to cook, so I did a red apron for him too. This one turned out a lot better and I did it the same way so I think the issue on the other one is the font.

And finally, a shirt for my MIL to wear on New Years. She loves her bling so this was perfect for her!

'Let it snow' and the other Christmas designs came from dailyembroidery.com. The name on the towel is HeatherSue's Disney font and the heart/flower applique came from LinniePinnie. The cupcake apron and 'Keep Calm' apron are designs I digitized myself. The big font in the 'King' apron came from dailyembroidery and I digitized the small font and crown in it. Overall, I was pretty happy with how most items turned out. I still have a lot to learn about digitizing but I was really happy with how the designs I did stitched out.

Wow! You have been busy! I like all the gifts that you made. I am sure the recipients liked them too. You did a great job with digitizing!

YAY! Hi! I finally found the newest thread :) Sewing up a storm over here for our upcoming trip to Disney for our daughter Savannah's Wish on february 22nd. :) Love me some Disboutiquers!!! :love::love::love: Just happy to have found the thread and able to follow along again.

Welcome back! I can't wait to see pictures of your creations!

th_P1040006.jpg

th_P1040004.jpg

th_P1040003.jpg

th_P1040002.jpg

It must be exciting to be able to sew something for your girl. The dresses you finished today look great. How nice for the Fat Quarter shop to give you a store credit for delay in shipping!

I thought I better come by and say hi before I was hopelessly lost again. I also wanted to share a picture of Lisa (mommy2mrb) and Megan. For those who don't know, Lisa's husband died in the Haiti Earthquake three years ago this month. She has been supporting the building of an orphanage in Haiti and many Disboutiquers made blankets for the children. Most of you know Lisa and I are like sister's and my heart is with her right now, she is in Haiti as they prepare the orphanage. I thought I would share a photo, so you would all know to pray for them. Don't worry, she gave me permission to post pics of them before she left. :goodvibes

file_zps70611b7b.jpg

How fun, I've already looked ahead at patterns and found patterns for Mickey and Minnie hats as well as patterns for crochted character dolls!

That is too cool!

Love everything, I especially love the grinch outfits!!

Shannon, is that outfit pants?? Similar to Lisa's Mickey/Minnie you made? (I have bene analyzing it, can you tell??) LOVE IT!

Shannon did a great job on both outfits and Lisa looks gorgous in them!!!!
Thank you Sarah, I think so too! On both fronts!

Hi Judy! Happy New Year to you and your family. Thank you for the note about your TR. I am sorry to hear that your family had various health issues lately. I hope 2013 will bring a healthy start for all of you. It is heart warming to know that our work has made a difference to your family. By the way, we got your Christmas card in the mail today (thank you). I like the stamps you chose for the card!

Thank you Flora! :goodvibes I pray the same for you! WOW, it took the card a long tome to get to Canada...I am just glad it arrived, I sent out quite a few I know for fact have NOT reached their destinations yet and that was over three weeks ago...every time I see the handiwork of you wonderful ladies it is like a small hug all over again, it meant the world to me. And we STILL love them! :goodvibes

That IS an amazing dress! The outfit looks pretty in addition to being comfy! Princess Lisa is a beautiful model for the outfits too!
Shannon spoiled Lisa but good and it will have many more uses as will that wonderful outfit Lisa loves. And Princess Lisa LOVES to model! :thumbsup2

Judy, thank you so much! I was happy to do those for Lisa and actually I was in such a hurry to get them mailed, I didn't take pictures! I did look at the pics on your trip report shortly after you posted them but I am behind on it again. One day I will finish reading! I'm so glad Lisa could wear the Belle outfit to perform in! Alexa has requested one like when we go see the off-Broadway show in February so I better get busy!
We LOVE those outfits and you poured a lot of time and hard work in to them. I have TONS of pics of them in action! And NOT just on the trip! The MAW TR is long, I fully understand! Alexa is a smart girl, that Belle dress could be patented and sold for a lot I do believe! HOw fun yo uget to see the show!
Diane, Alexa did wear her Grinch outfit on Christmas. Connor is starting to not want to wear anything I make and I don't push the issue. I was happy to get a picture of the two of them!
I purposely didn't let Lisa see the Grinch outfit, she LOVES Seuss and adores the Grinch! I have a little crush on "him" as well after he was so kind to me at Universal!
Love the dress as I sit here and freeze it remindes me of a lovely, warm, vacation! Your AK shirts look great, that is my favorite park!
I know, it is GORGEOUS!

Judy ~ I thought I picked up your post but I guessed I missed it. I will get over and catch up on your trip report but I wanted to wish you Gods many blessings for you and your family in the new year.
You are such a blessing to us as well Mary, Lisa's hospital gown you made is so pretty and has come in handy too many times this past year...but at least the Princess was stylish! Thank you for all of your good wishes and prayers...I send them all back to you! :hug:

Diane, those dresses you made were gorgeous, I will not show Lisa Hello Kitty either...she loves that cat. And I loved all of the others, especially the Berenstain Bears, how sweet!

P1040006.jpg

P1040004.jpg

P1040003.jpg

P1040002.jpg
QUOTE]

I'm glad Alexa still likes me to sew for her, I'll be sad when the day comes that she doesn't. That's great that your daughter found a dress she wants! The Elle dresses are adoreable, I'll have to try that pattern. I LOVE the Berenstein Bears fabric, my kids have all loved those books!

[S left. :goodvibes[/COLOR][/SIZE]

file_zps70611b7b.jpg

What a great picture!
[

QUOTE]

The Grinch top is the same pattern as the one I made for Lisa, a Simply Sweet. Here is a better pic of the skirt on Christmas day, although I had intended for these appliques to be in back. I decided it was a little nit-picky to ask her to turn it around, lol

Love the dresses but I love, love, love the Berenstain dress. Those fabrics together are fantastic!
Thanks! The blue/green fabric came from my Fat Quarter scrap box. There were some really nice pieces in there.

It must be exciting to be able to sew something for your girl.
Yes, I can't believe that she actually asked me to sew something for her!

I thought I better come by and say hi before I was hopelessly lost again. I also wanted to share a picture of Lisa (mommy2mrb) and Megan. For those who don't know, Lisa's husband died in the Haiti Earthquake three years ago this month. She has been supporting the building of an orphanage in Haiti and many Disboutiquers made blankets for the children. Most of you know Lisa and I are like sister's and my heart is with her right now, she is in Haiti as they prepare the orphanage. I thought I would share a photo, so you would all know to pray for them. Don't worry, she gave me permission to post pics of them before she left. :goodvibes

file_zps70611b7b.jpg
Thanks for sharing the picture of Lisa and Meagan in Haiti. My daughters made some blankets and we sent them to her for the trip. They had such a good time making them and it was definitely for a good cause.

I'm glad Alexa still likes me to sew for her, I'll be sad when the day comes that she doesn't. That's great that your daughter found a dress she wants! The Elle dresses are adoreable, I'll have to try that pattern. I LOVE the Berenstein Bears fabric, my kids have all loved those books!

It was hard when my kids told me that they didn't like anything that I sewed for them anymore. Maybe they are finally outgrowing that phase.

I loved the Berenstain Bears books when my girls were little and they also loved the show on PBS. I made the dress for my niece who is in kindergarten this year and I thought it was just perfect for a little kindergarten girl.

Hello all and Happy New Year! I have been MIA for most of December I think :confused3 It was a crazy month with travel, parties, etc. Much as I adore Christmas, I'm glad things can settle and I can be back to my normal routine (work, WW, running, sewing, etc). Our next trip (to Beach Club Villas) is still 139 days away but I made this dress this weekend for DD and I LOVE IT!!!!

And you can see in the back of the photo I bought a shoe organizer thing this weekend and color coded all my scraps, which makes them so much easier to find than the basket I had been using.

The front (like the blue streak in DD's hair... Christmas gift):
472A9743.jpg

The back:
C7B2D7EC.jpg

I have the straps about an inch too long. I will adjust the buttons if need be but I'm hoping she will be able to wear it both in May and November.

And two outfits I made for a friend who bought into DVC (used us as a referral) and I wanted to give her a thank you for their trip later this month:
F3E4CA65.jpg

Awww Love it! Is it the simply sweet? It looks like it, but I see the buttons so I wonder. I need to learn how to do buttons!

HELP!! Please!!

Okay I am taking my daughter to see wizard of Oz
http://www.mirvish.com/shows/thewizardofoz/home

I think I am going to use these 2 fabrics
296164_253993761301750_2605417_n.jpg

313010_253994751301651_4033963_n.jpg

Also I have these appliques
311735_253997097968083_5540441_n.jpg
302153_253997127968080_4348927_n.jpg
301689_253997157968077_2351361_n.jpg
307257_253997177968075_1898922_n.jpg
303222_253997194634740_6020063_n.jpg
316241_253997217968071_5841912_n.jpg
316089_253997244634735_3177526_n.jpg
298146_253997271301399_3464194_n.jpg
318871_253997304634729_3854927_n.jpg

What pattern can I use? I have the Scientific seamstress's patterns but I am open to other pattern choices. I need to make a decision asap, as it needs to be made today.

Happy new year to all! Having missed a couple of weeks, there is way too much to comment on. Everything is, per usual, awesome and beautiful.

I do have to say to Goteamwood: I want that Batman bowling shirt!! Your DH is one lucky guy. Hope you figure a way to make the fabric work for toddlers. . .I think that trio picture would be priceless.

HELP!! Please!!

What pattern can I use? I have the Scientific seamstress's patterns but I am open to other pattern choices. I need to make a decision asap, as it needs to be made today.
Your fabrics and your appliques are very cute! I think that I'd do a Simply Sweet and divide the skirt up into panels. Or an insa skirt (from the Sewing Clothes Kids Love book) with a cute t-shirt would look great too. Here is an example of an insa skirt:
P7180157.jpg

And here is an example of a Simply Sweet with a skirt that I made with panels. I had also changed up the top a bit but you wouldn't need to do that.
PC170137.jpg

Here is a Wizard of Oz set that I did a couple of years ago. I donated it to the Silent Auction at my kids' school. It did really well in the auction. In fact the lady who worked for the hotel coordinating the event ended up buying it. Then we ended up booking our daughters' bat mitzvah at the same hotel and now I she is our event coordinator. She bought it for her granddaughter who still hasn't grown into it yet. LOL!
SilentAuctionItemsTMESandOrChadash007_zpsc9bbb9bc.jpg

SilentAuctionItemsTMESandOrChadash005_zps39469d54.jpg

I can't wait to start sewing! I have a new computer so now I can post pictures again (the old one had no disk space).

Love seeing what everyone else has been up to.

Where would I find the Butterfly dress pattern?

th_file_zps70611b7b.jpg

Thank you for sharing the picture of Lisa and Megan. I had the opportunity to meet them last year and they were such nice people. I will be praying for them as this is an emotionally difficult time for them. I hope everthing with the orphanage proceed smoothly and they will have a safe trip.

HELP!! Please!!

I may be too late to answer your question. I would say the Stripwork Jumper or the Simply Sweet with strips for the skirt part. You have great fabric and appliques for the outfit. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Here is a Wizard of Oz set that I did a couple of years ago. I donated it to the Silent Auction at my kids' school. It did really well in the auction. In fact the lady who worked for the hotel coordinating the event ended up buying it. Then we ended up booking our daughters' bat mitzvah at the same hotel and now I she is our event coordinator. She bought it for her granddaughter who still hasn't grown into it yet. LOL!
th_SilentAuctionItemsTMESandOrChadash007_zpsc9bbb9bc.jpg

th_SilentAuctionItemsTMESandOrChadash005_zps39469d54.jpg

Your Wizard of Oz set look fantastic! I am sure the granddaugther will love it when she gets to wear it. I picked up some Wizard of Oz fabric a couple of years ago from the clearance section. It's sitting in my stash, I may be inspired to do something with it at some point.

I can't wait to start sewing! I have a new computer so now I can post pictures again (the old one had no disk space).

Welcome back! The Butterfly dress pattern can be found on youcanmakethis.com.

Glad you got a new computer so that you can start sharing! I see that PurpleEars answered your question about the butterfly dress pattern. It is a pretty easy dress to make.

Has anyone done the contests on pattern review ? I am entering this months contest ( one pattern many looks) but I have two things holding me back.....
1. I am torn between two patterns--- Simplicity 1922 and 1814 I am leaning towards 1922 because it has no gathering and since I have to make a couple, It seems like it would be easier.
2. I have no live model to display my dress on. I wish I did but I don't yet. What would be the best way to show them off ?

Would you enter ?

So I guess I just jump right in? Im going to make some tops for mine and DHs trip in June. I got my pattern from youcanmakethis . com. Im going to do it in solid and Star Wars Greenprint. This is the top http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/sis-boom-vanessa-topdress-for-women.htm (image 5of7)

Silly of an adult to make clothes just for WDW? Thinking of making several. Were traveling with carry-on only. So smaller is better:):rolleyes1

I think many of us have made stuff for ourselves for our trips, myself included.

Has anyone done the contests on pattern review ? I am entering this months contest ( one pattern many looks) but I have two things holding me back.....
1. I am torn between two patterns--- Simplicity 1922 and 1814 I am leaning towards 1922 because it has no gathering and since I have to make a couple, It seems like it would be easier.
2. I have no live model to display my dress on. I wish I did but I don't yet. What would be the best way to show them off ?

Would you enter ?

I haven't entered any of the contests on sewing pattern review but I have voted in them. Some of the things people enter are intricate and some look simple. I think that quality and details make the difference. If you don't have a live model (which I don't either) you could order one of those hanging mannequins. They are not too expensive. I have considered it from time to time but I am always too cheap.;)

So I guess I just jump right in? Im going to make some tops for mine and DHs trip in June. I got my pattern from youcanmakethis . com. Im going to do it in solid and Star Wars Greenprint. This is the top http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/sis-boom-vanessa-topdress-for-women.htm (image 5of7)

Silly of an adult to make clothes just for WDW? Thinking of making several. Were traveling with carry-on only. So smaller is better:):rolleyes1

Interesting that you picked this top/dress. My 12 year old daughter just asked me to make one for her for our cruise in June. I think it would be very cute and it is versatile. Since it comes in multiples sizes, I might whip one up as a cover up for myself for when we go to the beach. It certainly looks like it will be cool and comfortable to wear at Disney because it is certainly hot there in June. Lots of people do custom outfits for adults.

Also, I see that you are located in MD. Where in MD? That's where I live too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter