Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Silly ipad is not liking multi-quote today, so I hope I don't miss anything!

Lois - love the pic of your dgd in her dress! Hopefully your dgs will enjoy the cape out of the 'limelight'!

Scrap_heaven - the Wizard of Oz dress is looking amazing so far! Can't wait to see the finished work!

Flora - hope you feel better quickly! And thanks for the early anniversary wishes! ;) We were considering a Disney cruise, but after sending for the video, we realized we'd much rather go to the parks. Hoping maybe to stay at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly!

Digistitches did a comparison of HeatNBond lite and other similar products that I thought you all might find valueable. Here's the link: http://www.digistitches.com/machine-embroidery-applique-products-tutorial.html I can't wait to try out the winner since I've never found HBNL to work all that well.

Regards,
C.

So I guess I just jump right in? Im going to make some tops for mine and DHs trip in June. I got my pattern from youcanmakethis . com. Im going to do it in solid and Star Wars Greenprint. This is the top http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/sis-boom-vanessa-topdress-for-women.htm (image 5of7)

Silly of an adult to make clothes just for WDW? Thinking of making several. Were traveling with carry-on only. So smaller is better:):rolleyes1

I spent Sunday night on the computer looking for free patterns or ideas to make my oldest niece some more grown up looking dresses. I found one similar to this. I hope I remembered to bookmark the one I found for free!

I don't like buying patterns! I'd rather make my own.

Yes! I remembered, here's the one I found http://sewcraftcreate.com/2010/08/made-by-you-wednesday-giveaway/ Just leave off the ruffles for adults or older girls.

Thanks Judy! I was glad that it raised a nice amount of money for the kids' school. Sometimes you just don't know how things will work out when you donate something. Some people don't appreciate custom made clothing. It turned out that woman who bought it wanted it so much because her last name is Tinsman and she loved the Tin Man on it.
I definitely would have wanted to spend a lot of money on it, it is os pretty and whimsical! I guess because I can't sew I truly see the value and really appreciate custom clothes. I have told Michelle and Andrea both, if I had an embroidery machine I think I would embroider the world....or at least every plain piece of material I saw. :lmao:

I :love::love: TWOO! One year David was the Tin Man and Christian the Scarecrow for Halloween. One year Rachel was the Wicked Witch and Lisa was Dorothy another year...we love Wicked, the Musical, Not sure how I feel about this new movie...

1st Pictures of the Wizard of Oz

Here is panel finished with the 4 man characters - The tin man is silver and metallic and so is the emerald city.
184473_10200257471577480_2028389130_n.jpg

I have 2 more designed, Panel 2 is stitching right now. Needs to be completed by 3:30pm tomorrow cause that is when we are leaving.
I am so excited to see the finished outfit! :woohoo:
:worship: Love all the new creations but just way TMTQ
:grouphug: You know we all love your family and I couldn't wait to sign up for something.
You are very kind Michelle, I love you too! And you KNOW how I feel about the Haunted Mansion...and our shirts! :love:
I would say that I never really went through a stage when I didn't want to wear/use my mom's creations (I remember a lunch bag she crocheted for me when I was in middle school fondly). However, the funny thing is that I am now sewing for her! She will see these patterns and ask me, can you do one in my size? I made her a Rebecca dress (SisBoom pattern) a few months ago but she hadn't made any requests lately.

I LOVE that you sew for your Mom! That is so sweet.

I go with the theory that if it is not machine washable, it doesn't belong anywhere near ME! :rotfl2:
Good Theory!

Unfortunately it appears that someone in my office was in a very giving spirit and gave me their germs. I hope it is not the nasty flu that has been running around and I will recover very quickly. I need to travel out of town for a meeting on Thursday so I would hate to be sick and flying!

Praying you feel better soon!

Yes! I remembered, here's the one I found http://sewcraftcreate.com/2010/08/made-by-you-wednesday-giveaway/ Just leave off the ruffles for adults or older girls.

That is SO pretty and cool looking for a hot day! :thumbsup2

I am new to this world of embroidery machines. I inherited my cousin's bernina 440qe. It would be so exciting if she didn't have to die for this to happen.
I have the machine, embroidery software on a laptop, module, hoops and many different feet and the BSR attachment. I really want to get started. But the machine won't turn on. I called a dealer and they said it may need a new circut board. Has this happend to anyone??

I know of no problems with the machine before her death and of course can't ask.

Also, can you get disney designs for the machine??
Thanks for any information.

I've seen some on etsy that are satin but that seems impractical for toddlers to keep clean. I strongly believe that if its not machine washable it doesn't belong around kids.
Definitely agree that things for kids need to be machine washable! I remember when grandma gave me silk dresses for my toddlers. It probably cost more to have those dresses dry cleaned than it cost to purchase them!!!

1st Pictures of the Wizard of Oz

Patterns being used are Grace and Lauren, a combination of the 2

Here is panel finished with the 4 man characters - The tin man is silver and metallic and so is the emerald city.
184473_10200257471577480_2028389130_n.jpg

I have 2 more designed, Panel 2 is stitching right now. Needs to be completed by 3:30pm tomorrow cause that is when we are leaving.

I can't wait to see the finished dress. You are sure to get a ton of compliments on it! That first panel is just beautiful!!!

Thanks Y'all! I cant wait for payday so I can head to Joanns for my fabric and get started on my tops. Ill be sure to post pics:) I can post of other things too, right? Id love to post the quilts I made for my kids for Christmas this year:)
Definitely post pictures! WE LOVE PICTURES!!!!:lmao: It does not have to be Disney for us to oooh and aaaah over something you've made.

I would say that I never really went through a stage when I didn't want to wear/use my mom's creations (I remember a lunch bag she crocheted for me when I was in middle school fondly). However, the funny thing is that I am now sewing for her! She will see these patterns and ask me, can you do one in my size? I made her a Rebecca dress (SisBoom pattern) a few months ago but she hadn't made any requests lately.

Unfortunately it appears that someone in my office was in a very giving spirit and gave me their germs. I hope it is not the nasty flu that has been running around and I will recover very quickly. I need to travel out of town for a meeting on Thursday so I would hate to be sick and flying!
When I was very young my mom made me lots of pretty dresses and outfits. I can remember how happy I was to wear them. But when I was about 10 she went back to work full time and stopped sewing all together. It is nice that you loved the things your mom made for you and it is really nice that you sew for her now.

Sorry that somebody at work was generous with their germs. I hope you start feeling better very soon.

I am new to this world of embroidery machines. I inherited my cousin's bernina 440qe. It would be so exciting if she didn't have to die for this to happen.
I have the machine, embroidery software on a laptop, module, hoops and many different feet and the BSR attachment. I really want to get started. But the machine won't turn on. I called a dealer and they said it may need a new circut board. Has this happend to anyone??

Are you sure that you have the right power cord and that there is power at the outlet you are using? My dd almost made me send back her Kindle because it wouldn't charge. Then we found out that the outlet she was using to charge it had a switch that needed to be turned on. LOL!

If the machine needs a new circuit board, I would check into the value of the machine and compare that with the cost of the repair. With some machines, the repair can be more expensive than replacement. However, Bernina is a very good brand and is extremely well made. I have a Bernina serger which is an absolute workhorse and I love it!

Yes, you can get Disney designs on the internet and download them to your computer. Then you can transfer them to your machine. I think that Bernina's take two formats of designs. I think they take PES designs and another format but I don't remember the name of the second one.

So I bought this pattern a couple of days ago from a new pattern store. http://lilygiggle.com/shop/the-jaden-t-shorts/ It looks like a ton of fun. Today I went to the Salvation Army for their half price clothing sale day. I picked up 4 t-shirts for $1 each. I am hoping to turn them into some adorable shorts. I think it is going to take some creative cutting though.

It's been SO long since I've contributed anything to a Big Give. I went to log in and can't seem to remember how to.

Any help out there for me?

I'm having some post holiday, winter blues and I think finding a project to do FOR someone would help out! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for your time and help!!!!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery. I am feeling much better today. I have lost my voice but at least I didn't have the pounding headache or the chills today. I hope I will feel ok tomorrow for my work trip. It's only for the day and the flights are short (we probably spend more time on the ground than in the air!) so I hope it won't be too bad.

Flora - hope you feel better quickly! And thanks for the early anniversary wishes! ;) We were considering a Disney cruise, but after sending for the video, we realized we'd much rather go to the parks. Hoping maybe to stay at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly!

Digistitches did a comparison of HeatNBond lite and other similar products that I thought you all might find valueable. Here's the link: http://www.digistitches.com/machine-embroidery-applique-products-tutorial.html I can't wait to try out the winner since I've never found HBNL to work all that well.

Regards,
C.

I fully endorse going to Disney World for anniversary trips! :) Thanks for the link for fusible webbing type material comparisons. I actually just buy whatever is the cheapest and I haven't had problems with them.

I spent Sunday night on the computer looking for free patterns or ideas to make my oldest niece some more grown up looking dresses. I found one similar to this. I hope I remembered to bookmark the one I found for free!

Thanks for the link. I have to say that pattern doesn't speak to me like some other patterns, but I may change my mind after seeing more pictures.

I know of no problems with the machine before her death and of course can't ask.

I am sorry to hear about the circumstances that led to you getting the embroidery machine. Bernina makes excellent machines so I am sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of the machine. I would make sure the power cords and the attachments are in the right place and they are well connected. Sometimes you just need to jiggle the cords a little bit to get them in the right place.

I saw that Diane has answered your question about getting Disney designs on your machine.

When I was very young my mom made me lots of pretty dresses and outfits. I can remember how happy I was to wear them. But when I was about 10 she went back to work full time and stopped sewing all together. It is nice that you loved the things your mom made for you and it is really nice that you sew for her now.

So I bought this pattern a couple of days ago from a new pattern store. http://lilygiggle.com/shop/the-jaden-t-shorts/ It looks like a ton of fun. Today I went to the Salvation Army for their half price clothing sale day. I picked up 4 t-shirts for $1 each. I am hoping to turn them into some adorable shorts. I think it is going to take some creative cutting though.

I am sure you have fond memories of the outfits your mom made for you. My mom knitted lots of sweaters for me as it was difficult to find sweaters with sufficiently long sleeves. Unfortunately she doesn't knit or sew much anymore.

It's been SO long since I've contributed anything to a Big Give. I went to log in and can't seem to remember how to.

I'm having some post holiday, winter blues and I think finding a project to do FOR someone would help out! :goodvibes

The Big Give board moved from excoboard to proboards so you will need to sign up again if you haven't signed up after the move. You can click on the link in my signature to the new board.

You can also sign up on Facebook now too. Just look for Dis Big Give. There are no current Gives right now but I know that all of us who participate in them are itching to get started on a new one!

I go with the theory that if it is not machine washable, it doesn't belong anywhere near ME! :rotfl2:

We LOVE pictures of everything here, from Disney outfits to non-Disney gifts (which reminds me that I should post a picture of the casserole carrier I made for my sister-in-law). Remember, rule #1 is that you can't apologize for a messy background or kids with unruly looking hair.

Oh no! So sorry you may be getting sick. It's horrible to fly when you're not feeling well. Let alone being exposed to all that re-circulated air. Feel better!

I would love to see another of your casserole covers. They make such great gifts that everyone can use.

How sweet that you're now sewing for your Mom. That's adorable!:goodvibes

Regards,
C.

Celebrating your anniversary is so fun at Disney. We celebrated our 25th in 2010 and had a ball. Of course, being empty nesters, we go just the two of us every trip. You can't go wrong with the Poly or WL. We loved WL last September when we stayed there! I'll add my early well wishes for a happy and fun anniversary!

I love that pattern! I'm always looking for patterns for my DGDs and I think this one is one I'll have to try. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2

Regards,
C.

I never found HNBL to work either and my needle always got gunked up so I am kind of afraid to the the SteamASeam:confused3

that pattern looks really cute.:thumbsup2

The Wizard of Oz dress is finished! Completed in time to wear it to the show tonight. It was a labour of love and certainly a one of a kind piece. Lillian got tonnes of attention including catching the eye of the stage manager who brought out the Director to meet Lillian and show off her dress.

Full view front
530844_10200265546339344_773048184_n.jpg

Bodice
58219_10200265545899333_2027583046_n.jpg

Off to see the wizard
72568_10200265546099338_373836500_n.jpg

Wicked Witch Full view
538419_10200265546619351_1098147092_n.jpg

Wicked Witch closeup
253803_10200265545859332_1679353452_n.jpg

Full view back
63701_10200265548059387_140266120_n.jpg

Full view Good witch
553263_10200265546419346_606852204_n.jpg

Good Witch Closeup
481268_10200265546579350_2043397850_n.jpg

The Wizard of Oz dress is finished! Completed in time to wear it to the show tonight. It was a labour of love and certainly a one of a kind piece. Lillian got tonnes of attention including catching the eye of the stage manager who brought out the Director to meet Lillian and show off her dress.

Full view front

[/IMG]

Oh my Gracious it is STUNNING! :worship::worship: I can't wait to show this to Lisa.

scrap_heaven said:

Full view front

Bodice

Off to see the wizard

Wicked Witch Full view

Wicked Witch closeup

Full view back

Full view Good witch

Good Witch Closeup

WOW! That is amazing.

Full view front

QUOTE]

Absolutely beautiful job! I'm sure your DD was very proud to wear it and how nice that it got the attention of the stage manager and director! You do great work and in such a short amount of time!! Kudos!

I found some more patterns and tutorials that I haven't seen before. Not sure if anyone else has posted this before http://www.sewset.com/patterns/children/dress#/page/4

It looks like someone took images and instructions from a bunch of other pages online and out them here. Some of them are cute tho.

Full view front

great job on the dress. I'm sure she looked wonderful in it.

I'm sure everyone already knows about the contest Disney is doing for this month. But just in case someone missed it, here's the link. You enter every day and they do a drawing every day until January 31st. Hey, someone has to win...might as well be a DISboutiquer!:thumbsup2

http://www.disneytimesweeps.com/?cmp=NLC-FOB|prk|DTS|EnterForYourChangetoWin|btn||010312|||wdproM|||

Thanks for the reminder to enter today. My head is so foggy I forgot.

I'm new to this thread and was hoping to ask a question about all the lovely clothing you guys make.

I've seen so many beautiful outfits with disney characters on them and wondered where do you guys get your embroidered designs? I'm working on a Brother PE-770 (it's new, I haven't figured much of it out yet) I picked this one since it does have the USB stick and place for brother embroidery cards, I know I can purcahse disney designs from brother but looking through the brother designs they aren't exactly what I'm looking for.

I've seen so many outfits with mickey ears, minnie ears, mickey balloons, etc. those are the types of images I'm looking for but can't figure out how to get them to embroidery format (pes files) without figuring out digitizing software. I've looked into Embird which was suggested to me but I was told I need two software packages to do what i'm looking to do which would be around the $300 price range.

My question is are all of you making your own designs or buying them somewhere other than the brother site (which doesn't have the simple designs i'm looking for). I thought there would be a way to take JPG files and transfer or digitize them to PES files without spending another $300 on software (after the machine purchase).

I'd love to make some shirts for my family for our Disney trips, but it's looking like I might not be able to do that. I'm wondering if you guys can lead me in the right direction so I can make some lovely garments like you all!

Thanks for any help.

Welcome and congrats on your machine

Most of us get our designs on line here are a couple sites

Froufroubyheathersue

Misskenziemac

Divas doodles

Cute by Kira

I found some more patterns and tutorials that I haven't seen before. Not sure if anyone else has posted this before http://www.sewset.com/patterns/children/dress#/page/4

Those are all cute dresses.

Full view front

Gorgeous.... that came out amazing:goodvibes

I'm new to this thread and was hoping to ask a question about all the lovely clothing you guys make.

I've seen so many beautiful outfits with disney characters on them and wondered where do you guys get your embroidered designs? I'm working on a Brother PE-770 (it's new, I haven't figured much of it out yet) I picked this one since it does have the USB stick and place for brother embroidery cards, I know I can purcahse disney designs from brother but looking through the brother designs they aren't exactly what I'm looking for.

I've seen so many outfits with mickey ears, minnie ears, mickey balloons, etc. those are the types of images I'm looking for but can't figure out how to get them to embroidery format (pes files) without figuring out digitizing software. I've looked into Embird which was suggested to me but I was told I need two software packages to do what i'm looking to do which would be around the $300 price range.

My question is are all of you making your own designs or buying them somewhere other than the brother site (which doesn't have the simple designs i'm looking for). I thought there would be a way to take JPG files and transfer or digitize them to PES files without spending another $300 on software (after the machine purchase).

I'd love to make some shirts for my family for our Disney trips, but it's looking like I might not be able to do that. I'm wondering if you guys can lead me in the right direction so I can make some lovely garments like you all!

Thanks for any help.

:welcome: Most of us all buy the designs from the places Chiara listed above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter