Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can you tell me where you got the minnie support pic in your sig. My daughter is also Autistic and I would love to have this if you don't mind me copying. Disney is the only vacation where she is truly happy the whole time :)

This was to supposed to be quoted with one of kell's messages. So I hope you see this and can help. Thanks

Speaking of the Vida dress, here is something that I made for a birthady present for this weekend. DH's military buddies kids party is this weekend so I made this for his DD and am making an army set for his DS. I love how it turned out and hope she likes it. SHe is 7 so I am not sure. Her mom said she is still into princesses and would love a custom. DD wants me to make her an Ariel one, so that on is in my HUGE to do pile.

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

Ok for those keeping track, guess how much sewing I have gotten done since my whine last night?

wait for it.....

ZIP ZERO NADA!!!!! Have not even chosen fabric yet:scared1:

But with each new day there is hope. I have been up since 6am thanks to a fool running a leaf blower:sad2:, "baby grump butt" is up and dressed and we are headed to the fabric store.:thumbsup2 (NOT because I NEED fabric, but because they send me coupons!LOL)

I will look and see if they have the yellow dot- My 2 Angels. Did I see you are in FL?

And I blame Tom, I was all set to make a solid colored dress for Morgan (one color-what WAS I thinking?:lmao:) but then I saw his dresses and now I need a print and I can't use ANY of the prints I have LOL.

Girl, you better get to sewing! (Where's the smiley that's cracking the whip?)

What WERE you thinking? Of course, you can't just use a solid! :rotfl::rotfl: Get with the program, Cindee! :rotfl::rotfl: (you know I'm kidding, right?)

And without further ado, The girls Easter ensembles.
This was my first time using the Vida, and it was so quick! I think I may be using this a lot. I think the thing I like the best about it, is how you can make it out of such a little amount of fabric.

Julia's dress
boutique.jpg

boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
boutique005.jpg

boutique008.jpg

I LOVE THESE! I wonder if I have enough time to case them?

Speaking of the Vida dress, here is something that I made for a birthady present for this weekend. DH's military buddies kids party is this weekend so I made this for his DD and am making an army set for his DS. I love how it turned out and hope she likes it. SHe is 7 so I am not sure. Her mom said she is still into princesses and would love a custom. DD wants me to make her an Ariel one, so that on is in my HUGE to do pile.

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

This is SO CUTE! Great job!

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

This is awsome...great work on everything especially the princess

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

Just made this for Russell too! He has been bugging me to make it.

thomas1.jpg

OOOH I love that! I am sure she would love it. My dd is seven and lets just say I am glad she is at school right now and not here looking at the screen. hahaha she would want me to make that!

Love the Thomas outfit. super cute!

This was my first time using the Vida, and it was so quick! I think I may be using this a lot. I think the thing I like the best about it, is how you can make it out of such a little amount of fabric.

Julia's dress
boutique.jpg

boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
boutique005.jpg

boutique008.jpg

Wow, those are really gorgeous!

I remember taking Jacob to get his blood drawn when he was little I was a nervous wreck on the inside! I somehow managed to keep strong for him but when we got home and he was napping, I lost it! I think I cried for a hald an hour. It is the most difficult thing to do, to see them in pain and afraid and not being able to do anything. :hug: I hope the results are good.

Holy smokes those dresses are beautiful! Great job!

My mother is bringing Megan's Easter dress with her when they come down tomorrow. I can't wait to see it!

Thanks, I hope so too! Her first year she wasn't ever sick, and this year it feels like we're constantly at the dr's. She needed blood drawn often as a newborn when she had jaundice, and although I was upset, it wasn't like this time, maybe because now she's old enough she can scream for me and has that "help me!" expression on her face. =/

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

Super cute, love the quote on the back!

thomas1.jpg

Cute Thomas set, he looks very happy in it. =)

I have never seen Yellow Dots at Joanns and I have looked every time.
I have seen red, orange, pink, kelly green, royal blue, navy blue, brown and white. I so wish they had yellow and purple too.
Keep looking! I've got yellow and purple! They're the smaller dots, but they're dots. :)

I have yellow dot. It is the smaller dots but they do make it. I don't remember if I got it at Hancocks or JoAnns.
I bet it was joanns. That's where I got mine. Our hancocks closed last year or the year before.

Julia's dress
th_boutique.jpg

th_boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
th_boutique005.jpg

th_boutique008.jpg

Those are so cute. I've been wanting to get the Vida for awhile, just haven't pushed the button to buy it yet. I will soon though!!!

th_DSC06269.jpg

th_DSC06271.jpg

Absolutely adorable!!! I love this!

th_thomas1.jpg

Awwww, what a cutie!

I embroidered a stroller sun shade this morning and am about to tackle making a double stroller bag. Wish me luck!!!

Kell, just saw your pm thanks alot, not I just gotta figure out how to get it in my sig. line.

OK think I am caught up for now, for a first timer the move went smoothly now I just gotta unpack and start sewing easter outfits, running out of time and my kids started Easter break today.:scared1:

For the others who haven't sewn yet I don't know what your list is like but here is mine: 1 dress, capris and shirt, 2 bucket hats. So I will try to post pics as I get done.

Off to W.M. for some binding, whoever was looking for yellow dot fabric I will check and let you know.

OK, 7 is definately an improvement on 17 or whatever I drove in on last time...thanks for leaving the lights on! I am going to go back and read everything now....just wanted to say....

Its Spring Break!!!!!:banana::dance3::yay::cool1::goodvibes

th_DSC06269.jpg
Super cute!

Love these dresses! The appliques are beautiful.

Holy smokes those dresses are beautiful! Great job!

My mother is bringing Megan's Easter dress with her when they come down tomorrow. I can't wait to see it!
you guys are gonna make me blush. thank you :)
What?! You mean you didn't make megan's dress? Did your mother make it?

Those are very beautiful. Great fabric choices!
Thanks!

I love these, they are really beautiful! I have just gotten into the Vida dress and am in love with it! I was afraid to try it but once I did, I have all these great ideas in my head.
I know it comes together so fast!

I LOVE THESE! I wonder if I have enough time to case them?
You have plenty of time! Get sewing!!!

Wow, those are really gorgeous!
Thank you!

Those are so cute. I've been wanting to get the Vida for awhile, just haven't pushed the button to buy it yet. I will soon though!!!
i put it off for a long time, because I wasn't sure if I liked it. But then the Co-op that I am in did a farbenmix buy, and I got it then because it was cheap. lol.

Today is Kirsten's Easter Egg hunt at her school, and I made her a skirt to go with the shirt that I got from Target after Easter last year.
Not the best picture, but here is one of ds and dd...
easter3.jpg
The dress is cute but not as cute as the 2 of them hugging! I love brother sister moments like that!!!!!

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while, but I waited to post until I had something to share! I first discovered you in 2006 when we had our first trip. I designed a couple of outfits for my dds, but my mom sewed most of it, so I didn't learn a lot. I then left sewing behind until the next year (2007). I tried to make some drawstring bags w/o any directions on my own, but I messed up and they became pillowcases. :laughing: I use one to hold diapers in the diaper bag, but the rest are unused right now. However, they are big enough for some travel size pillows and can be used as pillowcases. :thumbsup2 I did not sew at all in 2008, and this year I found all of you again and was again inspired to sew. I have 3 princesses, and all of you have kept me motivated when I've felt like giving up! You're awesome!

Here are some photos of the outfits I designed in 2006.
This is our Minnie Mouse dress:
Picture165-1-1.jpg

This is a Tink shirt and another view of Minnie:
Picture060-1.jpg

Here you can see that the shoulder ribbons for Tink kept slipping down. I wanted it to look reminiscent of Tink's wings. I don't think my dd thought this outfit was too comfy either.
Picture065-1.jpg

My recent project of this year was a pair of pajama pants. I used a Simplicity It's So Easy pattern. Ha! I really struggled with it. I could do another now easily, but the first time, yikes! I hate patterns, and I think I may follow all of you toward YCMT.
MarchtoApril2009103.jpg

Here is dd showing that the pants have pockets.
MarchtoApril2009102.jpg

I want to make a skirt or dress for my next dd. I need something really simple. What would you recommend on YCMT?
Welcome !

Here are the girls' Easter dresses! I think that they turned out wonderfully! they might even be my favorite dresses to date! I just love the fabric!!!!!!

myprojects060.jpg

myprojects057.jpg

Ane here is Kaitlyn's ( she wasn't in the mood to model for me yet this morning)
myprojects059.jpg
very cute! What pattern did you use for your older girls dress????

Hi! I made it over without much problem...just late which is my norm lately!
So many great outfits...love all of the Easter stuff...I have the fabric to do Katie's tomorrow and ties for the boys to match.

We did get to go to the Easter egg hunt at the YMCA Tuesday night. It was Timmy's first (that he remembers). Timmy found a "golden egg" and so did Katie. Yep, that's right my very sensitive middle child did not! Oh NO! But, Katie is the best big sister ever. As soon as she got her prive she divided it up with Patrick.

This is Timmy hunting.

P4030388.jpg

And Katie comforting Patrick.

P4030393.jpg
Once again I just love sweet brother sister moments!

Now I need to go hug my little brother:rotfl: gonna leave him a note on FB;)

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06271.jpg
:worship::worship:

thomas1.jpg
Thomas! Love Thomas!

Ladies (and Tom!)....SUCH gorgeous Easter things!!! Clearly you all live it up on Easter!!! We'll be bundled up at church and then for a quiet dinner so nothing too crazy to dress up for. Easter in New England also means indoor Easter egg hunts :sad2: Just wanted to let you know that I'm around a lurking. Maybe someday I'll actually SEW something so I can contribute :rolleyes1

OK, 7 is definately an improvement on 17 or whatever I drove in on last time...thanks for leaving the lights on! I am going to go back and read everything now....just wanted to say....

Its Spring Break!!!!!:banana::dance3::yay::cool1::goodvibes

Woohoo for spring break!!!! Enjoy it. Ours went by too fast.

I know this probably seems a bit random considering it is finally starting to warm up, but I have been looking back at some of the older posts and have seen the fur cuffs (which I have always loved). We'll be going to Disney in December and since I love to plan ahead....Which cuffs pattern do you all use from ycmt.com?? I know how to crochet, but I can't figure out how to make them removable so I can wash the shirts. These will be for an 18 month old. Thanks!!

hi all, i made it over. i kept wondering why there were no updates in my user cp, now i see, it was moving day and i missed it, oh well not too late i guess. i am so impressed with everyones easter dresses. i bought mias from costco for 12 dollars ( i am so ashamed:confused3) oh well, someone tell me to shut down the computer and sew something already . i love the new carlac pattern but i am so scared to try it, i am quite a pro at the aline and pants but this looks way beyond me. whaddya think should i get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter