• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 10 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3252.jpg

This turned out great! SO adorable. What pattern did you use for the top?

Woohoo! I'll be there in October, too!

DID I KNOW THIS? We'll be there, too, for Sammy's 6th birthday in October!!!

:banana:

I do not know...The plan is right now to go from the 22nd-26th...short trip but will be there for her bday and another MNSSHP :banana: :banana: Her teacher's can't be too mad about missing 2 measly days right????

Hopefully Oct 24-Nov 2 with the first two and last two days being travel days. We're driving.....from Tx.....23 hours.....are we crazy???? All because we don't want to ship her BMX bike. LOL

Looks like we might be there the same time!

We're going Oct 25-Nov 2! :banana:

And the same time as you!!!

I made it.

Did anyone see/read my post twards the end there?

FREE letter from santa

http://santaclausmuseum.org/FLFS Pages/Welcome.htm

I did...I might try it. We mailed a letter at our post office last year (I didn't even put a real stamp on it) About a month later (right before Christmas) we got a letter back. I think I was more thrilled than Ash...I didn't know that they did that. Apparently its volunteers at the post office. The letter was really cute and on "north pole" stationary.

Jenna and I have a bet--I bet her that I can sew a dress and two pairs of pants in less time than it will take her to clean her room. So who do you guys have your money on? Me? or Jenna?

Definately got my money on you!

First custom on the new thread?! Whoohoo!!

Emily being Grinchy! (That's a sucker she's holding. It was the ONLY way to get her to smile.) She helped me make the necklace, and the fabulous bows are by our very own JennWDW!

IMG_3246.jpg

LOVE it...I might have to steal your bow design and ask JennWDW to make Ash some to go with a certain Feliz that a certain DISer might have whipped up for the Grinch Musical. ;)

:drive: :drive: :drive: :car: :car: :car:

Hi....I am here (7 pages later...hey a girls gotta do what she's gotta do...first)

And I have some REALLY GOOD NEWS....

1) First, my broken sewing machine is fixed and home

2) My friend and I talked and worked out the plane ticket issues, and

3) WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY for the FEB DISMEET !!!!!!
:rainbow: :jumping1: :bounce: :jumping3: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc :wave: :wave: :wave: :mickeyjum :tinker: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

4) Forth, and very important......
I also talked to the nice people at the sewing machine repair shop.(which is 25 miles away). I am trying to discuss opening a store near my house. We will offer fabric, notions, sewing lessons and workshops, sell and repair sewing machines and vacuums. I would help out there (part time) and my DD10 when she gets old enough. :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: Wouldn't that be so cool if it actually happens? :woohoo:

IMG_3252.jpg

This turned out great! SO adorable. What pattern did you use for the top?

Thanks! The top is from the simply sweet (bodice) and the "skirt" is just a tiered skirt.

LOVE it...I might have to steal your bow design and ask JennWDW to make Ash some to go with a certain Feliz that a certain DISer might have whipped up for the Grinch Musical. ;)

These are my current favorites from Jennifer. They are perfect. I can't wait to see your Feliz - who's making it?

It's not exactly what you are all making , but here's my quick Mr. Potato Head costume for a show. The actress sings a song and rips all the parts from him.
64360potato_head-thumb.jpg

I love this, you said you got it on etsy right? Is there a name on the selvage? I am looking for some more and every time I type in mickey minnie dots fabric all I can find are cute customs made with the minnie dot. Thanks so much...

I have some of that material in my stash waiting to make something. Here is what is says: CP11666 Disney for Springs Global US, INC

Hope that helps.

Hey Dreamer & Wisher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or anyone else that might can help.....

I am going to try my hand at some of the coffee wraps but my Hancock's only sells the Insul bright in a package with 3 other quilting items. Where did you get yours?

I got mine at JoAnns. I looked all over the store for it and finally asked one of the ladies at the cutting table... well guess where they keep it... under the cutting tables!! Not sure why they keep it there.

The Grinch's are so cute!!

I have a question! Has anyone ever made the removable fur cuffs? We have the pattern for sewn in cuffs, but those are hard to wear since you can not put on a coat or anything like that. :rotfl2: So I am trying to see if anyone knows the trick to the removable ones?? There are 2 patterns at YCMT so which one is better, if anyone has purchased them! I thought I had a bookmarked thread for fur cuffs, but can't find it. It was in a sewing message board.

Sue

The Grinch's are so cute!!

I have a question! Has anyone ever made the removable fur cuffs? We have the pattern for sewn in cuffs, but those are hard to wear since you can not put on a coat or anything like that. :rotfl2: So I am trying to see if anyone knows the trick to the removable ones?? There are 2 patterns at YCMT so which one is better, if anyone has purchased them! I thought I had a bookmarked thread for fur cuffs, but can't find it. It was in a sewing message board.

Sue

I believe the trick is elastic. I THINK you can make them by making a tube (top part is fur, bottom is cotton or something) make a casing in the top and bottom portion of the tube, and insert elastic.

Well, since you asked, I'll share the conception story! Darren was traveling a lot at the time............JUST KIDDING!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Moi? Pick on Ms. Teresa? That would just NEVER happen. Morgan loves Ms. Teresa and would kick my butt if I picked on Ms. Teresa, Ms. Heather or "Little's Mommy". See how I rate with my DD?

That's my Morgan! :grouphug:

I did!! I already filled out the form to get a letter for Jenna. I did one last year that I filled in the spaces and then you just print is out. I can't find the link anymore.

Jenna and I have a bet--I bet her that I can sew a dress and two pairs of pants in less time than it will take her to clean her room. So who do you guys have your money on? Me? or Jenna?

Well, if it were my girls, I could sew a dress, two pairs of pants, learn to applique and then make Baby Simba outfits for everyone and their entire families, and have enough time left over to bake a cake big enough for us all to share and take a nap before they were even HALF done! So, my money is on you!

[2) My friend and I talked and worked out the plane ticket issues, and[/COLOR][/SIZE]

3) WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY for the FEB DISMEET !!!!!!
:rainbow: :jumping1: :bounce: :jumping3: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc :wave: :wave: :wave: :mickeyjum :tinker: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

4) Forth, and very important......
I also talked to the nice people at the sewing machine repair shop.(which is 25 miles away). I am trying to discuss opening a store near my house. We will offer fabric, notions, sewing lessons and workshops, sell and repair sewing machines and vacuums. I would help out there (part time) and my DD10 when she gets old enough. :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: Wouldn't that be so cool if it actually happens? :woohoo:

That is WONDERFUL news Cathy!!! I'm so glad you got it worked out!!!
and, what an exciting prospect about the store!!!

It's not exactly what you are all making , but here's my quick Mr. Potato Head costume for a show. The actress sings a song and rips all the parts from him.
64360potato_head-thumb.jpg

Cool!!!! We need bigger pictures!!

Jerry O'connell said hello to you!!???!!

Hello all! I'm just checking in to the new thread. At page 8?!?! I hope I'm not the last of the slackers. What shame.

No her I am, the last of the slackers!:rotfl2: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say a prayer for us tonight!!!! Tomorrow is the day for a huge layoff at dh's work, and we are praying that he is not one of them and for all of the people who are! Thanks!

Also, my cousin's son did really good during surgery, however, they were unable to remove anything because it was just too dangerous! They did shave the spot down as much as possible, so continue to pray for him and that what they were able to do helps! Thanks everyone!:grouphug:
Mindy:)

Mindy-Prayers are being said for you! :hug:

Ok so Jenna is about to go to bed after she gets out of the shower and her room is not cleaned and to be honest the clothes aren't made either. :headache:So does that make it a draw?

I just stummbled on this thread, I'm confused is this just a place to talk about and share ideas or are some folks selling some of the adorable thing in the photobucket gallery??? Ummmmmm... do tell! :) Someone PM me and give me the dish. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter