• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

Ok so Thursday morning I was one weight and then weighed myself friday and I almost fell off the scale. It said I gained 8 lb. Could it be from the corned beef and cabbage. Today I'm still there. I was on steroids last week because of a vertigo thing but the doctor gave me a water pill. I'm so not happy today. I did well with my eating this week but a 8 lb gain!

Ok so Thursday morning I was one weight and then weighed myself friday and I almost fell off the scale. It said I gained 8 lb. Could it be from the corned beef and cabbage. Today I'm still there. I was on steroids last week because of a vertigo thing but the doctor gave me a water pill. I'm so not happy today. I did well with my eating this week but a 8 lb gain!

Laura! 8 lbs in one night! That has got to be from the food, meds combo. Think about what cabbage does to your belly (kinda like beans?) plus the salty corned beef, plus steroids which make you bloated and the water pill probably didn't really help much. I'd drink lots of water and as long as you are still eating normally, I would expect the number to go down quite a bit. :hug:

I lost 1/2 lb this week. Any move in the down direction is okay with me. This week I'm really concerned because I'm already on vacation mentally. I have 4 days of school, a 1/2 day teacher workday on Friday and then we leave on Saturday. I'm going to attempt the "Bethenny Skinnygirl" diet. I will "taste everything, eat nothing". Since I know I'm going to be a little off kilter anyway, it might not be a bad idea to see that happens when I allow myself to eat whatever I want, but in small amounts, or as she says "you can have it all, just not all at once".

Hi Peeps,
Sorry I was MIA lately, I have pneomonia! Been sick all week! But on the mend now, just stuck with this horrid cough! Hope everyone has a great week!

wow that is seriously so odd..r u working out maybe its a combination of water retention in your muscle..or maybe the corned beef was fulled with sodium

sometimes its best to avoid the scale it can be discouraging..i had a similiar incident where i was awesome with my eating, working out and i gained 5 pounds out of the blue it was very disheartening now i weigh in once every 2 weeks..get a measuring tape and go by your measurements the scale is not always the best indication of your positive progress

Hi Peeps,
Sorry I was MIA lately, I have pneomonia! Been sick all week! But on the mend now, just stuck with this horrid cough! Hope everyone has a great week!

sorry to hear that. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

hello all :)
Sounds like alot of you are doing great with the working out ..yay! I was getting back into it until the flu hit me last week..aaarrrgh!!!! But i am feeling much better and am ready to get back into it again. I am doing ok with the eating..but I think that exercise is really going to be my biggest help in weight loss. Long term goal wise i want to lose 30/35 lbs...short term i would like to lose 15 by May. If I put my mind to it i think it will be doable!
ALSO..has anyone here tried the cocoa almonds by emerald..YUM! tastes like a very high quality choc. treat..without all the not so good for you stuff! ;)

hello all :)
Sounds like alot of you are doing great with the working out ..yay! I was getting back into it until the flu hit me last week..aaarrrgh!!!! But i am feeling much better and am ready to get back into it again. I am doing ok with the eating..but I think that exercise is really going to be my biggest help in weight loss. Long term goal wise i want to lose 30/35 lbs...short term i would like to lose 15 by May. If I put my mind to it i think it will be doable!
ALSO..has anyone here tried the cocoa almonds by emerald..YUM! tastes like a very high quality choc. treat..without all the not so good for you stuff! ;)

Sorry the flu hit, but now you feel better so you can get exercising! :yay:

Those cocoa almonds are AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, I have to be careful with chocolate since I'm allergic to it! Definitely a good snack!

Mmm cocoa almonds... sounds dangerous!!

Laura, crazy on the 8 lb gain!! Hopefully it was just water retention and has gone back down. I fluctuate a few lbs day-by-day, even though I attempt not to weigh every day.

Exercising is always the easy part for me. The food is the hard part!

Lately I have been experimenting with whey protein shakes. They do seem to help me feel full, and I am trying to get in more protein as I start doing longer distances.

Training for the half marathon on May 15th is right on schedule. This Saturday's long run is 8 miles, with a weekly total of 14. I might try water aerobics again tomorrow, as I am supposed to add in low-impact cross-training.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Lately I have been experimenting with whey protein shakes. They do seem to help me feel full, and I am trying to get in more protein as I start doing longer distances.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

May I ask what you put in your protein shakes? I was thinking of whipping up shakes for breakfast once the nice weather hits, with fresh fruit etc...but i would love to add some extra protein in there too...

May I ask what you put in your protein shakes? I was thinking of whipping up shakes for breakfast once the nice weather hits, with fresh fruit etc...but i would love to add some extra protein in there too...

I am using Body Fortress Whey Protein in chocolate flavor. I asked a vegetarian friend of mine what she used (as she had tried many), and it was her recommendation. You can get a 2lb can of it at Wal-mart for about $15.

One scoop is 140 calories and 26g protein, and it tastes pretty good. I would add a bit of your favorite sweetener (splenda, etc.) as it isn't very sweet, although the fruit may be plenty for that.

I have had one about 2 hours before bed the last two nights (in conjunction with a 1100-1400 cal diet), and both mornings the scale finally moved... woke up 1-2 lbs lighter than the morning before. I am sure it's coincidence, but I like it!! :laughing:

In reading about it, I read studies that say a good amount of protein before bed keeps your metabolism up while you sleep (could be total bunk?). I do know that drinking that made me stay away from the fridge for my normal late-night munchie problems, so that's good enough reason, I guess.

I am using Body Fortress Whey Protein in chocolate flavor. I asked a vegetarian friend of mine what she used (as she had tried many), and it was her recommendation. You can get a 2lb can of it at Wal-mart for about $15.

One scoop is 140 calories and 26g protein, and it tastes pretty good. I would add a bit of your favorite sweetener (splenda, etc.) as it isn't very sweet, although the fruit may be plenty for that.

I have had one about 2 hours before bed the last two nights (in conjunction with a 1100-1400 cal diet), and both mornings the scale finally moved... woke up 1-2 lbs lighter than the morning before. I am sure it's coincidence, but I like it!! :laughing:

In reading about it, I read studies that say a good amount of protein before bed keeps your metabolism up while you sleep (could be total bunk?). I do know that drinking that made me stay away from the fridge for my normal late-night munchie problems, so that's good enough reason, I guess.

Speaking of Shakes I love love love SHAKEOLOGY..I drink it every morning and it really does keep me full for 4 plus hours and reduces that 4pm massive snack attack I use to have.

it has 150 calories per scoop..1 gram of fat and 18 grams of protein..you can add fruits, skim milk or almond milk to it

thanks for the protein shake advice..i will certainly check out both of those...
not that it seems "shake weather" here..it snowed a little over night..blahhhhhh!!! I can't wait to be able to go for nice walks outside!

Speaking of Shakes I love love love SHAKEOLOGY..I drink it every morning and it really does keep me full for 4 plus hours and reduces that 4pm massive snack attack I use to have.

it has 150 calories per scoop..1 gram of fat and 18 grams of protein..you can add fruits, skim milk or almond milk to it

Wow, I looked at that and it is PRICEY! I get 27 servings for $15 of the Body Fortress, and the Shakeology is $120 for 30 servings.

I mixed some frozen fruit and ice into mine last night and it was yummmy. Like a chocolate raspberry shake.

Wow, I looked at that and it is PRICEY! I get 27 servings for $15 of the Body Fortress, and the Shakeology is $120 for 30 servings.

I mixed some frozen fruit and ice into mine last night and it was yummmy. Like a chocolate raspberry shake.

Kat, I think I already like the $15 one better...lol. And it has a little bit more protein. Might be something for me to look into being PG. I'm supposed to be getting more protein now than a normal diet. And I love smoothies/shakes. Thanks for the info!

Kat, I think I already like the $15 one better...lol. And it has a little bit more protein. Might be something for me to look into being PG. I'm supposed to be getting more protein now than a normal diet. And I love smoothies/shakes. Thanks for the info!

Haha! I am definitely a price watcher.

I do find that it isn't very sweet. I usually put in a packet of splenda or sweet n low. You could also add in 1/2 cup of a light ice cream and some fruit for the sweetness factor, and I bet it would make a great PG shake for ~200-250 cals depending on your ice cream.

Yes it's def super pricey! but that being said I do love it. I do not eat eggs for breakfast and I needed an alternative. I have hypothyroid and I notice my hair/nails have become thicker since drinking shakeology and my cravings have been reduced. in addition it claims to have all your vegetables serving for the day in the one scoop. if you get it montly the price comes down to 98 dollars a month which is still alot i know

Haha! I am definitely a price watcher.

I do find that it isn't very sweet. I usually put in a packet of splenda or sweet n low. You could also add in 1/2 cup of a light ice cream and some fruit for the sweetness factor, and I bet it would make a great PG shake for ~200-250 cals depending on your ice cream.

I am a major price watcher/bargain hunter as well. Thanks, again, for the info!

Well guys after a week of the 8 lb gain that I posted about I lost 5 lb so I'm sure it's got to with a lot of what had been happening.

Unfortunately I have not been working out. We just started to have some nice weather out so that's on my agenda starting this weekend to start walking outside. We're watching my DH's cousins dog so he'll keep me company along with the kids, it's only until Sunday though but I'll walk at night when I get home from work too.

I am interested in shakes too but for a meal replacement type thing, do those substitute a meal or is it just extra protein for you? I'm not a big breakfast eater either but I have been trying to eat at least oatmeal or a yogurt but then I'm starving by 11:00 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter