• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

Could somebody pull me back on the wagon? I came back from my cruise 6+ lbs. up, and have been out of control since I got back. My friends baked me a beautiful mocha cake and brought me pizza, and some of my students gave me candy. I think I hurt my friends' feeling by not bringing the leftovers home, and they didn't want me to put it out to share with the rest of the staff (some staff members are big mooches, but it's still better than me continuing to gorge). Anyway, I need to be able to pretend that this food just isn't there, because, between the stress of working on report cards, and the temptation of some of my favorite foods, it's kicking my bum (and adding to it).
On the positive side, I have been squeezing in some exercise every night.:yay:

Could somebody pull me back on the wagon? I came back from my cruise 6+ lbs. up, and have been out of control since I got back. My friends baked me a beautiful mocha cake and brought me pizza, and some of my students gave me candy. I think I hurt my friends' feeling by not bringing the leftovers home, and they didn't want me to put it out to share with the rest of the staff (some staff members are big mooches, but it's still better than me continuing to gorge). Anyway, I need to be able to pretend that this food just isn't there, because, between the stress of working on report cards, and the temptation of some of my favorite foods, it's kicking my bum (and adding to it).
On the positive side, I have been squeezing in some exercise every night.:yay:

I hear you about getting back in the groove of things. It's hard finding that motivation again. Have you gotten to a WW meeting? I would talk with your leader about maybe she/he could help??? :hug:

Ok I'm in a funk to. I have been going to the same WW Tues. meeting for over a year. A few months ago our leader left and got married and moved out of state. The woman that replaced her I just don't like, I feel very unmotivated leaving her meeting. I've given her a chance but just don't like how she leads the meetings. I skipped this week and I'm feeling guilty over it. :confused3 I do plan on trying out a different meeting this week to find a leader I do like. I feel like I'm going backwards instead of forwards I really need some encouragement. :flower3:

Thanks for letting me rant!!

Ugh I feel for you guys when it comes to losing motivation. I find working out even if I do not want to seriously improves my mood for the day and kinda puts me back on track.

I do ww online and do not go to the meetings but I know I would be bummed as well if I liked a leader and they were gone on the positive side you might find a new leader that could give you new ideas/advice.

Are we allowed to join this? I know I haven't been here since it was formed but I'd like to participate :)

I'm 140 right now, but I'm 5'3" so it doesn't look pretty. I have ginormous arms and legs and a beer belly. And I'm a girl. And I don't drink beer. :rotfl2:I'm trying to lose a little weight so when I audition for face characters at WDW I don't get turned away because of it. :D

Are we allowed to join this? I know I haven't been here since it was formed but I'd like to participate :)

I'm 140 right now, but I'm 5'3" so it doesn't look pretty. I have ginormous arms and legs and a beer belly. And I'm a girl. And I don't drink beer. :rotfl2:I'm trying to lose a little weight so when I audition for face characters at WDW I don't get turned away because of it. :D

Welcome!!! :goodvibes

You are most certainly welcome!! :goodvibes Glad to have you!

How many of these foods have you eaten?

p.s. ouch on the vitamin water

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/thumbnails/0,,20307363,00.html

We live in a rural-ish area, so we don't have a lot of the fast food you would find in a mall (like smoothie king, starbucks, cinnabon, etc.) BUT, I am a HUGE fan on the coffee cake muffin! :guilty: *sniffle*

Also, they sell Vitamin Water at lunch at my school. Kids drink it ALL THE TIME, and they're so ignorant-"It says 'vitamin' on it, so it's got to be healthy!"-It is, however, very tasty...:sad1:

OK I'm new to the WISH section :) I made the decision yesterday after a little episode (that turned out to be nothing but was enough to scare me for a moment) that I really need to get my weight under control.

Right now I am approx 250 lbs. My big goal is to lose 100... I could probably stand to lose a little more than that but that's my big one.

I'm really new to the whole "dieting" thing. I know this is more than a diet... it's a lifestyle change and I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to trip along the way and want to give up.

I need a thread like this :) someone to say HEY SPARKS... hanging in over there lol or tell me not to quit when I really want to.

Yesterday was my first day and I was just over the lower baseline of my calorie intake yesterday.

Today I am on a good pace to do the same.

I don't have a scale yet but I hope to get one today so I can track my weight. maybe I'll make a chart like I did for my DD for using the potty HAHA.

Looking forward to joining the losers club lol

We live in a rural-ish area, so we don't have a lot of the fast food you would find in a mall (like smoothie king, starbucks, cinnabon, etc.) BUT, I am a HUGE fan on the coffee cake muffin! :guilty: *sniffle*

Also, they sell Vitamin Water at lunch at my school. Kids drink it ALL THE TIME, and they're so ignorant-"It says 'vitamin' on it, so it's got to be healthy!"-It is, however, very tasty...:sad1:

but it says you can drink the vitamin water 10 :D so not all hope is lost lol. I do enjoy the vitamin water too :( it's tasty without being too sweet and it's not just plain water.

What does everyone think of crystal light? yay or nay?

OK I'm new to the WISH section :) I made the decision yesterday after a little episode (that turned out to be nothing but was enough to scare me for a moment) that I really need to get my weight under control.

Right now I am approx 250 lbs. My big goal is to lose 100... I could probably stand to lose a little more than that but that's my big one.

I'm really new to the whole "dieting" thing. I know this is more than a diet... it's a lifestyle change and I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to trip along the way and want to give up.

I need a thread like this :) someone to say HEY SPARKS... hanging in over there lol or tell me not to quit when I really want to.

Yesterday was my first day and I was just over the lower baseline of my calorie intake yesterday.

Today I am on a good pace to do the same.

I don't have a scale yet but I hope to get one today so I can track my weight. maybe I'll make a chart like I did for my DD for using the potty HAHA.

Looking forward to joining the losers club lol

WELCOME!

I think the key is to realize that it is a lifestyle change. My goal is to be healthy 95 percent of the time and 5 percent of the time allow for things in moderation.

my other goal is to not beat myself if I hit some bumps along the way. There is no way anyone can be perfect alll the time when it comes to diet and exercise.

start by making gradual changes..like example replace diet soda for water or maybe start out by taking a ten minute walk here and there

the motto here is slow and steady wins the race! glad to have you on board.

many people love crystal light i however am not a fan of it I find there are to many chemicals in crystal light that are similiar to diet soda I try to eat as clean as possible with as few chemicals/additives as possible. realistically i know I am going to have a diet sode/cyrstal light here and there but ideally water is always the best especially when you are trying to lose weight.

WELCOME!

I think the key is to realize that it is a lifestyle change. My goal is to be healthy 95 percent of the time and 5 percent of the time allow for things in moderation.

my other goal is to not beat myself if I hit some bumps along the way. There is no way anyone can be perfect alll the time when it comes to diet and exercise.

start by making gradual changes..like example replace diet soda for water or maybe start out by taking a ten minute walk here and there

the motto here is slow and steady wins the race! glad to have you on board.

many people love crystal light i however am not a fan of it I find there are to many chemicals in crystal light that are similiar to diet soda I try to eat as clean as possible with as few chemicals/additives as possible. realistically i know I am going to have a diet sode/cyrstal light here and there but ideally water is always the best especially when you are trying to lose weight.

Yes I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me is accepting that sometimes I'm going to slip up and that's OK. it doesn't mean all is lost. that's going to take some work to not quit when it gets hard. I have to stick with this

Yeah I actually like drinking water. I like the taste lol but sometimes I do like to throw a little flavor in the mix but wasn't sure if crystal light or the low calorie version of the vitamin would be best

or is there a better solution to this :D

Also I hate to ask so many questions....

When you need a snack what do you guys find is the best thing for you to snack on while still staying on track? thinking of healthy snacks seems to big more difficult for me since I am not a big fan of fruit lol

OH and last question for now LOL. I did post a thread about it but figured I'd post it in here too since I'm joining the group lol.

if I'm making homemade chili tonight with beans and green peppers and hamburger and onions and tomatoes and stuff... how do I correctly enter that into my sparkpeople nutrition tracker to get a good idea of where that puts me in my daily calorie goals?

Yes I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me is accepting that sometimes I'm going to slip up and that's OK. it doesn't mean all is lost. that's going to take some work to not quit when it gets hard. I have to stick with this

Yeah I actually like drinking water. I like the taste lol but sometimes I do like to throw a little flavor in the mix but wasn't sure if crystal light or the low calorie version of the vitamin would be best

When you need a snack what do you guys find is the best thing for you to snack on while still staying on track? thinking of healthy snacks seems to big more difficult for me since I am not a big fan of fruit lol

OH and last question for now LOL. I did post a thread about it but figured I'd post it in here too since I'm joining the group lol.

if I'm making homemade chili tonight with beans and green peppers and hamburger and onions and tomatoes and stuff... how do I correctly enter that into my sparkpeople nutrition tracker to get a good idea of where that puts me in my daily calorie goals?

Here is a recipe for chilli by the biggest loser..it is delicious but it uses lean groun turkey instead of sirloin..it tastes great I have had it before . I guess you can use the nutrition on here as some sort of a base...I would look up the sirloin/hamburger content that would probaby make the calories go up..all the rest of the ingredients are minimal

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=767667

Hi and Welcome! :goodvibes

As far as healthy snacks I like low fat string cheese, cut up veggies with a little light ranch dressing, celery with peanut butter, fruit I really like berries, low fat popcorn popcorn::, low fat yogurt....

My thing is I try to never let myself get really hungry, so I eat small meals through out the day. Because if I do get really hungry then I tend to over eat! Then I feel miserable.

I too was a big diet soda drinker, I quit about 3 years ago when I started having really bad heartburn once I omited soda it went away. I used Crystal Light for a short time after quitting. Now I drink water all day, with the exception of a cup of coffee in the morning. I do allow myself a diet soda once in a while but to me that is a treat.

Do you shop at Aldi? There Fit and Active line of food is really nice. There fruit snacks are really yummy and if you are doing WW it's only 1 point per pack. They are made with NO high fructose corn syrup.

Good luck with you diet plans and visit us often we're here if you need us! :flower3:

.....hello?????
I can't even remember the last time I was on this thread!!! I am so happy to see so many familiar faces/errr screen names here...i hope it is ok that I jump back in..i could use the motivation!
Just to get up to speed I have about 30 lbs i want to lose..yes the same that i have wanted to lose for about 3 years now..sigh....i am not on a particular program, but am trying to be more active, eat less/better foods....

.....hello?????
I can't even remember the last time I was on this thread!!! I am so happy to see so many familiar faces/errr screen names here...i hope it is ok that I jump back in..i could use the motivation!
Just to get up to speed I have about 30 lbs i want to lose..yes the same that i have wanted to lose for about 3 years now..sigh....i am not on a particular program, but am trying to be more active, eat less/better foods....

Hi Gina!

Welcome Back we missed u!

for snacks I mostly do fruits but since you do not like them other things I enjoy are:

popcorn
one square of dark chocolate 70% cocoa (you wouldnt think it but its super satisfying)
popchips!!!! love love love themmmmm

almonds
applesauce with 2 grahamn crackers

while yogurts are good most yogurtts are loaded with sugar...for snack ideally the sugar content should be no more than 7 grams of sugar per serving.

what are popchips?

Apple sauce and graham crackers is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of graham crackers. Those will satisfy me when I want something sweet too.

so far I am 200 calories under my goal for today so I'm trying to decide what to do for a snack in a bit. I'm thinking I'll probably do popcorn lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter