Disappearing Peep Ditches Diet on the DDP! Lots of Pics! - Completed pg. 11!

I'm on my computer at work (shhh!). I won't be online at home until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Le Cellier looked AMAZING! I cannot wait to go there on our upcoming trip! YAY! :yay: I have a question. Did they add on the 18% tip to the spinach? If so did it come out to be expensive? I really want to get the spinach on the side because i love spinach and it looks fantastic, but I don't want to break the bank! :lmao: GREAT REVIEWS! :thumbsup2

Wow, that looks like an awesome dinner! I want steak and chocolate cake now! And, you know I'm getting bad, I read about the apps last night, and was disappointed I couldn't "finish" the meal! :rotfl2:

I did not know they had recipes on allears.net! Maybe they have Ohana's banana fosters bread pudding!

Pineapple upside down cheesecake!!:eek: Wow, that sounds amazing! They were not serving that when we were there! You should make it and invite me and Heather over! (sshhh, just don't tell the Peeps, we will drink water)

I would love to have you and Heather over to my house. That would be fun.

Did you notice that I said I "tried" to make the pineapple upside down cheesecake. I'm sure that it didn't look quite like it would look at Boma but it was very yummy.

Just let me know when you want to get together for a mini dis meet. I would love to see your disney pictures. Melissa

I'm now starving after reading about LeCelier! Do you remember what the kids can get on ddp for dessert? My 2 who are 6 & 9 won't be happy if all they get is grapes and everyone else has something nummy!

Wow, that looks like an awesome dinner! I want steak and chocolate cake now! And, you know I'm getting bad, I read about the apps last night, and was disappointed I couldn't "finish" the meal! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Ok, I don't get it. I can see every other food picture in this entire thread except the ones at Boma which is the one place that I was dying to see. It's a conspiracy! I want to see those pictures!!

Yep, I can get the first two shots then red squares.

No, I believe it was on the plan. The moose cake is not on the plan anymore. How did you like the cruise you took? Did you go in May when school let out? Were the parks crowded?

We did a Spring Break one. Loved it. I hated to cancel this years one, but it just was not in the cards for us. I made a very rash decision because I was ticked. Now looking back it was a good one to make, but I am so longing to go back. We have priced it through 2 different places for next MArh (08) and it is already a 1,000 more than what we were going to pay for this MArch (07). DH doens't know when we will be able to do it again.

Thanks for your reviews so far. My trip is coming in April and I am really 2nd guessing my ADR's. I can't wait for Le Celliur. It's the Biergarten, Cape May and Trails End that has me guessing. Those 3 are similiar, yet different.

I'm on my computer at work (shhh!). I won't be online at home until tomorrow night at the earliest.

I won't say a word. Maybe it will work at your house? Pigget said she is having the same problem. That is weird.

Le Cellier looked AMAZING! I cannot wait to go there on our upcoming trip! YAY! :yay: I have a question. Did they add on the 18% tip to the spinach? If so did it come out to be expensive? I really want to get the spinach on the side because i love spinach and it looks fantastic, but I don't want to break the bank! :lmao: GREAT REVIEWS! :thumbsup2

DH seems to think he paid like 6.95 for it. On the menu is was like 3 something, so tip and tax must have been added. It was worth it in my opinion. And very large, 3 people could easily eat it.

Just looking at the chocolate cake made me feel all warm and fuzzy. We are on diets so I had to go get a carrot. :( Not quite the same.

I would love to have you and Heather over to my house. That would be fun.

Did you notice that I said I "tried" to make the pineapple upside down cheesecake. I'm sure that it didn't look quite like it would look at Boma but it was very yummy.

Just let me know when you want to get together for a mini dis meet. I would love to see your disney pictures. Melissa

I don't care how it looks - it sounds fabulous! I will try to call you guys and set it up!

I'm now starving after reading about LeCelier! Do you remember what the kids can get on ddp for dessert? My 2 who are 6 & 9 won't be happy if all they get is grapes and everyone else has something nummy!

It was the standard kids menus with steak added. For dessert they get fruit cup or sundae. We ended up ordering fruit for his appetizer (which they said was fine). But he wanted the chocolate moose. So DD and I split a dessert, it was plenty and we were both full. We used her dessert credit to order him the moose.

Did someone say cake?

I made cupcakes tonight with devil's food cake and diet black cherry vanilla coke. Pretty good. Moist. Chocolate frosting would have helped.:lmao:

We did a Spring Break one. Loved it. I hated to cancel this years one, but it just was not in the cards for us. I made a very rash decision because I was ticked. Now looking back it was a good one to make, but I am so longing to go back. We have priced it through 2 different places for next MArh (08) and it is already a 1,000 more than what we were going to pay for this MArch (07). DH doens't know when we will be able to do it again.

We are looking at May possibly. This is a really tough decision! You should really use my travel agent. She is great at finding deals. Maybe she could get you a lower price. And she is ever patient and helpful!

Thanks for your reviews so far. My trip is coming in April and I am really 2nd guessing my ADR's. I can't wait for Le Celliur. It's the Biergarten, Cape May and Trails End that has me guessing. Those 3 are similiar, yet different.

Thanks for stopping by! You are like a Dis celeb! I am honored. The 3 you listed are three we have not tried. Trails End sounded like a safe all american fried chicken and veggies buffet. I would like to try Biergarten just for the atmosphere. Is Cape May the clam bake type buffet?

Did anyone else notice that they moved all the smilies again! :worried:

I will try to post another installment tomorrow, but Tuesdays are tough because the youth are here until 8:30 for small group. I also started my new online grad class today. :sad:

Hey Stacey, I've missed a bit of this thread bcuz I've been sick, and home from work. I did look at some of your pics though. Since they didnt make me hungry, I know I still need more time to recover! See ya later! :sick:

Hey Stacey, I've missed a bit of this thread bcuz I've been sick, and home from work. I did look at some of your pics though. Since they didnt make me hungry, I know I still need more time to recover! See ya later! :sick:

Hope you feel better soon:grouphug:

Stacey I found the recipe for the bread pudding, they also have school bread. :thumbsup2 Ohana's banana fosters recipe Just don't tell the peeps if you make it. :rotfl2:

Wow, I am so excited! Now I just have to figure out how to flambe something. :confused3 It also says french or Ohana breakfast bread. Do they mean french toast or french bread, I wonder?

I'm sorry Glenda. I hope your feel better.:hug:

Hope you feel better soon:grouphug:

Hey Heather! Melissa came by the church today and I mentioned us getting together. I will bring bread pudding from Ohana! SSSHHHHH, but we won't tell the peeps!

Wow, I am so excited! Now I just have to figure out how to flambe something. :confused3 It also says french or Ohana breakfast bread. Do they mean french toast or french bread, I wonder?

I'm sorry Glenda. I hope your feel better.:hug:

Hey Heather! Melissa came by the church today and I mentioned us getting together. I will bring bread pudding from Ohana! SSSHHHHH, but we won't tell the peeps!

Just let me know so I can make sure DH is in town. Have no clue what to bring--guess I will have to check allears and find something. I might come by the church on Friday to walk through the daycare. Is that ok. I know it will be a while before he gets in, but I just wanted to have a looksie.

Thanks for stopping by! You are like a Dis celeb! I am honored. The 3 you listed are three we have not tried. Trails End sounded like a safe all american fried chicken and veggies buffet. I would like to try Biergarten just for the atmosphere. Is Cape May the clam bake type buffet?

Yes Cape May is the clam bake buffet. We will be staying at BWI on Easter Sunday-Thurs and I thought it would be nice to stroll over to Cape May Easter Sunday nite and stay in the vacinity for the evening.

Me a DIS celeb? LOL! I feel like such a newbie on some boards.

Just let me know so I can make sure DH is in town. Have no clue what to bring--guess I will have to check allears and find something. I might come by the church on Friday to walk through the daycare. Is that ok. I know it will be a while before he gets in, but I just wanted to have a looksie.

Friday will be find. I am usually there until about 5:00.

Yes Cape May is the clam bake buffet. We will be staying at BWI on Easter Sunday-Thurs and I thought it would be nice to stroll over to Cape May Easter Sunday nite and stay in the vacinity for the evening.

Me a DIS celeb? LOL! I feel like such a newbie on some boards.

Do you expect the crowds to be heavy during this time?

Lunch – Flatbread Grill

Sorry it took so long to post this installment. Life happened – work, new, class, work, sick DH – you know. Anyway, this is our second to last day. We decided to spend this day at MGM. We kind of slept in a little and arrived there at around 10:00. For lunch we decided to eat at Flatbread Grill. We ate at ABC Commissary last year and knew we wanted to avoid this place. :scared: The CS choices are somewhat limited here. DH and I ordered the barbequed pull pork subs with chips and chocolate cake. And my DD and in-laws ordered the chili cheese hot dogs and chips. DD and in-laws said the hot dog was ok (they liked Casey’s better). DH and I enjoyed the subs. They are very large and we should have split it. The chocolate cake was great – rich with thick frosting, yum!!!! I would give this CS an A. We will eat here again.

MGM029.jpg

Dinner – 50’s Prime Time Café

We had an early reservation so we could catch Fantasmic. We did not know that during EMH they were going to do another show. We did like the atmosphere at Prime Time. We had a good table but no TV – we could easily see our neighbors though. Our “Mom” was great. She was an older lady who took the time to “fuss” at us and to explain the dishes she recommended. The service was efficient, but not rushed.
These are some pictures of the lobby when you first walk in.

MGM136.jpg

MGM137.jpg

This is a shot of the lounge.

MGM147.jpg

This is our table. We loved looking at the dessert menus in the viewfinder.

MGM135.jpg

Appetizers

Fried Herb Cheese - Lightly breaded, served with Toasted French Bread and Fresh Fruit DD and DH ordered this because some friends recommended it. They did not like it at all. They liked LTT better. This was a lot of cheese. My MIL and I liked it so we ate theirs.

MGM139.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail - Jumbo Shrimp served with cocktail sauce and lemon – My DFIL ordered this. It came with 4 large shrimp. He liked it. Looked cold and bland to me.

MGM138.jpg

Beer Battered Onion Rings - served with Horseradish sauce – I ordered this. I love onion rings and these were pretty good. You get a large portion.

MGM140.jpg

Entrees

My DS really went out on a limb here and ordered something totally out of character for him. NOT! Below is another pic of chicken and fries. However, he did like this because it was nuggets and not strips – more like McDonalds.

MGM144.jpg

Traditional Meatloaf - a blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, and green beans – DMIL ordered this. She asked for the root vegetable hash instead of the mashed potatoes. She said it was good. I am not a big meatloaf fan and would never order this at a restaurant. So I did not try it.

MGM142.jpg

Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow roasted 'til fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions – DFIL had this. I did try this. It was very good. The meat was tender and had a good sauce. I should have ordered this instead of what I got.

MGM141.jpg

Top Sirloin Steak - char-grilled and topped with roasted mushrooms, red and green peppers, and served with root vegetable hash – DD ordered this. I think she was reading menus from right to left and looking for the highest priced item. Her theory is that more expensive must equal better food. She had fries instead of vegetable. I tasted this but do not remember it. Must have been okay. She liked it. I ate her peppers.

MGM145.jpg

Golden Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and Southern greens – DH ordered this. He asked for all white meat and ended up with 2 chicken breasts. He also got corn instead of greens. He said it was good, but not great.

MGM143.jpg

Grilled Chicken - breast of chicken topped with smoked ham, Swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms served on root vegetable hash – I ordered this. I added DD’s peppers to it. This was okay. The chicken was a little dry. I asked for barbeque sauce, which would have helped, but I never received it. I did not finish all of it. I did like the root vegetable hash.

MGM146.jpg

Desserts

S’mores – I ordered this. It is not something I would usually order at a restaurant. I mean I love S’mores around a campfire, but when out to eat I usually go for something I can not easily make at home (why I don’t order stuff like meatloaf). But for some reason, this sounded good. It was pretty good; it needed a little more chocolate. For some reason I do not have a pic of this – sorry. It looked like a very large S’more with just a graham cracker on bottom, then chocolate, then marshmallows.

Brownie Sundae - Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, and Caramel topping – DD ordered this. First of all it is huge! Three people could easily eat this one. The brownie was very good? Moist, chewy, warm – why didn’t I order this?:confused3

MGM054.jpg

Chocolate shakes – DH, DFIL and DS ordered this. The shake was not on the kid’s menu. But DS was tired of sundaes and asked for a shake. Our “Mom” asked and they ended up letting him have the shake instead of the sundae. Now I was thinking they would just bring him a small kiddie type shake. Nope, he ended up with the same one DH received. As you can see in the pic, it is a large glass and the rest of it is in that silver cup. The silver cup is equally as full as the glass. It was like they each received two shakes. They were very good. Not too chocolatey, good and thick.

MGM057.jpg

Apple cobble ala mode – DMIL ordered this. I tasted it. It was cobbler. Okay, but nothing special.

MGM055.jpg

Overall, this was a good restaurant to try once. The theming is cool and the food was okay. It was our least favorite meal of the week. Next time we want to try Mama Melrose’s. 50’s Prime Time gets a C.

Next Installment: Last day! :sad1: Cosmic Ray’s, Aloha Isle and Casey’s at MK.

Stacey........sounds yummy! We ate at Flatbread and the pita wrap was very good also although DH did not eat his chili dog. :sad2:

Have not tried Prime Time so nice to have the review. Maybe next time! ;)

Thanks for writing....I know you're busy! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter