DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

I'm very excited, this will be my first time to both attending a DIS event and first time at Universal! I will be signing up as soon as it opens up!

Does this event normally sell out? Just wondering if I need to make arrangements to sign up when registration opens at 8:00am.

When I first talked about this on the podcast I didn't think we would sell out right away based on previous years events - but given the response to PCC 6 and the amount of interested from folks on this thread I can't promise that will be true.

I would sign up as soon as you knew for sure.

When they discussed this I believe they said it wasn't going to be the kind of thing where you have to rush to sign up. With the whole "land" reserved just for us there should be room for quite a large group.

A few follow up questions to your response... While there is no rush to sign up immediately, how long could/should I realistically wait to sign up for this event? Is it possible this could sell out? What is the absolute latest to sign up for the event (ie - is there a deadline)? Going to WDW in a month and not only will funds be a little tight for the next few months, but I generally don't know my schedule/can book vacation time until 2-3 months in prior. Can I get away with signing up for this event only a month or two out from it?

The event sounds AMAZING and I haven't been to Diagon Alley yet and this would be a great opportunity to take it all in. Throw in a first time to MVMCP and it would be a great 4-5 day trip :-)

When I first talked about this on the podcast I didn't think we would sell out right away based on previous years events - but given the response to PCC 6 and the amount of interested from folks on this thread I can't promise that will be true.

I would sign up as soon as you knew for sure.

Hahah that was a quick response. Thanks John! :P

A few follow up questions to your response... While there is no rush to sign up immediately, how long could/should I realistically wait to sign up for this event? Is it possible this could sell out? What is the absolute latest to sign up for the event (ie - is there a deadline)? Going to WDW in a month and not only will funds be a little tight for the next few months, but I generally don't know my schedule/can book vacation time until 2-3 months in prior. Can I get away with signing up for this event only a month or two out from it?

The event sounds AMAZING and I haven't been to Diagon Alley yet and this would be a great opportunity to take it all in. Throw in a first time to MVMCP and it would be a great 4-5 day trip :-)
As you've already noticed, John (who is the official word here) has indicated that this just could sell out quickly. I guess I'd take his advice and be ready to book right away.

Can I get away with signing up for this event only a month or two out from it?

While I can't say for sure when we will close registration for this event I can say that waiting a month or two before the event will most definitely be too late. At some point we will need to know final numbers to give to USO as well as work out logistics like transportation, etc.

I can almost guarantee you a month or two before the event will be too late.

DW and I are excited for this and trying to make it work but I had a question if we sign up now and end up unable to go, what if any is the cancellation policy?

Should be an interesting night. Val & I aren't big Universal fans (in fact, we don't go there at all) so this is a rare opportunity for us to see the park.
I wasn't planning on getting tickets to Universal either but since I will be a local in December (yea!), I will be attending! What a great opportunity to see this land! Now i just have to find the time to watch all of those movies or read all the books between the packing, cleaning, and moving. :crazy2:

I wasn't planning on getting tickets to Universal either but since I will be a local in December (yea!), I will be attending! What a great opportunity to see this land! Now i just have to find the time to watch all of those movies or read all the books between the packing, cleaning, and moving. :crazy2:
Good luck with all of that!!!

I would love to do this but have to figure out the budget...if we look to register a family of 4 2adults, 13 and 11yo) staying on universal property...how much would I have to put down immediately? A room deposit and the 300 for the disapalooza tix?

We already have a room booked ! Can't wait !! My first Disapalooza was a Harry Potter event. It was awesome ! I'll be ready to sign up at 8 AM !! Nobody throws a party like the genius !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter