DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

I also will be going solo and this will be my first DIS event. Looking forward to meeting other DIS fans.

I am so excited about this...my first DISApalooza.....we booked the airline the other day......looking forward to seeing everyone

How many people are going to Disney specifically because of Disapalooza and how many people already were going to be at Disney with a previously planned trip and just lucked out that Disapalooza falls within their dates?

Due to lots of pricey issues with our house in a row, a Disney trip was out of the question this year. Then some pixie dust was sprinkled my way :wizard: when Disapalooza was announced. It also happens to be my birthday weekend. A lot of great people were born in early December. Walt Disney -12/5, Pete Werner -12/6 and ME (Jean) - 12/7. party: I took it as a sign. We could afford to do a weekend trip specifically for DAP. We will not be buying park tickets, only our DAP party tickets. I am also looking forward to the podcast taping. We will get somewhere more affordable off property to stay. I figure since xmas decorations will be up, we can check out some of the deluxe resorts, Downtown Disney and just enjoy ourselves without going commando in the parks.

I am very excited about DISapalooza and am looking forward to meeting everyone. :cool1:

How many people are going to Disney specifically because of Disapalooza and how many people already were going to be at Disney with a previously planned trip and just lucked out that Disapalooza falls within their dates?

Due to lots of pricey issues with our house in a row, a Disney trip was out of the question this year. Then some pixie dust was sprinkled my way :wizard: when Disapalooza was announced. It also happens to be my birthday weekend. A lot of great people were born in early December. Walt Disney -12/5, Pete Werner -12/6 and ME (Jean) - 12/7. party: I took it as a sign. We could afford to do a weekend trip specifically for DAP. We will not be buying park tickets, only our DAP party tickets. I am also looking forward to the podcast taping. We will get somewhere more affordable off property to stay. I figure since xmas decorations will be up, we can check out some of the deluxe resorts, Downtown Disney and just enjoy ourselves without going commando in the parks.

I am very excited about DISapalooza and am looking forward to meeting everyone. :cool1:

:thumbsup2 Glad to see Stone Mountain, along with Grayson GA, will be there! :thumbsup2

(My trip was planned in early 2013 and FINALLY coincided with a DAP event! :woohoo:)

I specifically go this time of year for DISApalooza [land] and the other annual Disney internet community meets. I am an incredibly responsible, hard working wife and mother. But sometimes I just need a break from the family; nothing illicit or nefarious. ;) This is my time to do what I want to do when I want to do it, i.e. Hall of Presidents, Beauty and the Beast Show, reading a book at the pool, etc.

And then I'm ready to come home and be with my family again. :thumbsup2 Makes me a better person. :cool2:

I had no plans to go back to Disney this year. And I've never been to a DAP before. I just decided to go for it. No particular reason other than I want to. I cannot wait! :goodvibes

I got lucky on DAP. I go down every year, sometimes with the kids, sometimes solo, for the Christmas parade taping weekend, usually the first weekend of December. Last year my oldest was lucky enough to get caught on camera during one of the concerts at the castle. Nothing like seeing yourself on TV at Disney on Christmas morning :cool1:

Myself, I happen to be going on a cruise starting 12/7 and flying in 12/6, so it's luck on my part.

We go to Disney every year during the week of Dec 11th for our Disney Wedding Anniversary. We were thrilled to hear DISapalooza was going to be while we were on vacation! This is our first event. Can't wait!!!

We had a trip planned starting the 7th, I changed our flight to come in the afternoon of the 6th for DAP.

We had a trip planned. To be honest, I never listened to a podcast :guilty:
Someone posted on a Facebook group about this event and it is going to be on our only night "off"... Toy Story Mania is my absolute favorite ride so I signed up and then checked out the podcast. Now Tuesdays have a new meaning at my house... I love the podcast! Can't wait to meet everyone and the food sounds sooo good. I'm excited to try something new :)

so I'm solo also but I think we need to make this a Dizapalooza birthday party! I'm going to pick up birthday buttons for you all - so besides Walt,Pete and Jean who else? What a very magical fun way to celebrate your birthdays!

I was planning on a late Nov, early Dec trip. When I heard about DAP, I planned around it. I will be going solo and love the freedom it gives me to do and see the things that I enjoy. I am looking forward to meeting people that love Disney as much as I do.

We were supposed to go on a Panama Canal Cruise this month, but this fell through. A good friend of mine is going on a cruise on the Magic out of Miami in mid December and we decided to join her. As we come all the way from the UK, we decided to add some time in Orlando before the cruise and it just so happened that this coincided with DISApalooza.

Corinna

We have been going to WDW in early December for many, many years. Since before the DIS was around. We do plan our December trips around any DIS events now, but that wasn't always the case.

We have been going to WDW at the beginning of December for over 20 years!:santa:

We have been to the previous Disapaloozas and they are fantastic. The DIS knows how to throw a partyparty:

This year originally we were booked to arrive Saturdat 12/7 and changed it to Friday 12/6 after the announcement
:cool1:

This is my 10th year in a row of going in early Dec! It has become a tradition now...get away by myself, meet up with other friends in WDW. I get to do exactly what I want, when I want. It's such a nice break.
May be the last one for a bit. May be heading to DL for early Dec next year!

John,
Question for you...I just added my brother to the Party is there some way you would like to link the 2 registrations to save on shipping the credentials?

We are going to WDW this year because of DISApalooza...I've been wanting to go for a long time, and it just worked out this year that we could make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter