• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

Hmmm, I thought we'd booked this time of year in the past without too much hassle, but maybe things have changed. One would think DVC would adjust the points and/or build more rooms.

Just to give you some hope I had waitlisted BWV for that weekend back in May and it came thru in August ! Boardwalk view ! Still worth a try I believe.

I just got our confirmation and I am super excited! This is our first event and I know my 9 yo will be thrilled to ride Toy Story Mania more than once! What a great event - thank you to all who help put this together!!!

I just found out about this event (I know, where have I been living under a rock?) I've been trying to sign up for the wait list but had been getting an error message. Is there a wait list for this event or is it all sold out?

I just found out about this event (I know, where have I been living under a rock?) I've been trying to sign up for the wait list but had been getting an error message. Is there a wait list for this event or is it all sold out?

double check the information you are submitting. I got an error message too and it turned out my email address was incorrectly formatted: idiot@idiot..com (not to call anyone except myself an idiot, mind you).

It is filling up fast but we do still have space available at this event. If you're receiving an error message it could be that you're leaving one or more required fields blank or you have a data entry issue.

If you think you are doing everything right and still getting an error message send me a screen shot of the form BEFORE you get the error message and I will look into it - John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

The original post in this thread said

"We will have some discounted rate rooms at the Swan/Dolphin for this event"

Does anyone know if this is actually an option and if so how to get the info for booking these rooms?

I thought it was funny that the sign up form asked me which hotel I was staying. I just put "off property" because I didn't have one booked yet. I wasn't going to book a hotel until I was accepted into the party. If I didn't get into the party, I wasn't going to need a room. Well, I'm in now baby and now I gotta figure out where we're staying.
I am so excited for this party!! I just discovered the podcast earlier this year and have since been binge listening to all the old episodes. I LOVE the show.

This will be our first DAP. We are also going to the Delaware Dis Meet. I'm really looking forward to it.
We will be staying at PORS.

At other events, I have offered to give people a ride back if they were staying at my resort. We'll be at POFQ for this event, have a rental car, and will certainly make the offer--assuming we actually get tickets to the event. ;-) Something we can sort out once we actually get all the details.

Good to know b/c I am attending DAP and staying POFQ that week
Hope to meet so many DISers!>)

First post updated with information on discounted rooms at Walt Disney World Dolpin for this event.

Awesome! :thumbsup2

This is definitely a great rate! I'm staying at the Swan on points or I'd be booking Dolphin through DU in a heartbeat! ::yes::

You might consider staying at the Dolphin at the DU rate over the weekend, and at the Swan on points for the rest of your stay. If it were me, I'd save 10,000 points per night when the rate is only $119 + taxes.

You might consider staying at the Dolphin at the DU rate over the weekend, and at the Swan on points for the rest of your stay. If it were me, I'd save 10,000 points per night when the rate is only $119 + taxes.

Really good suggestion. :thumbsup2

Is anyone else having problems booking this special hotel rate? I keep getting error message.

Is anyone else having problems booking this special hotel rate? I keep getting error message.

I got an error message when I submitted the page, but almost immediately got an email from DU that the reservation had been received.

Thanks, Nancy! I definitely would have done that, but my trip is only 5 nights total (12/2-7) so I decided to book the *5 nights for 40,000 points* option! :thumbsup2 And $0 out-of-pocket makes DH very happy! :rotfl:

If anyone is still getting an error message when they try to book the rooms please send me an email at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com - if you can please provide as much details as possible - even maybe a screenshot of what you entered before you got the error - that would be very helpful.

I've tested it many times and I can't seem to get it to give me an error.

If anyone is still getting an error message when they try to book the rooms please send me an email at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com - if you can please provide as much details as possible - even maybe a screenshot of what you entered before you got the error - that would be very helpful.

I've tested it many times and I can't seem to get it to give me an error.

When you encounter an error and are helping to troubleshoot a web page issue, it usually helps if you can post what browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera) and if you can find it, the version, too. If you are using Internet Explorer on a Windoze box, you have my sincere sympathy. ;-)

I got an error message when I submitted the page, but almost immediately got an email from DU that the reservation had been received.

Thank you so much! I should have checked my email sooner. Apparently, the ERROR message was in error:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter