DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our email and are signing up tonight. Michele, I hope you get to go! You'll be one of the few we've met beforehand!

Jayme :)

Hi Jayme! :wave2:

It'll be nice to see you again! I wan't able to make it back to Hersheypark for the Halloween or Christmas stuff. Too much stuff going on at the time. :sad1:

I think it's great how excited everyone is!! Bring on the butterbeer!! :)

YAY butterbeer! love it! (assuming, I can get a ticket lol)

And unfortunatley,I got hit with jury duty in early December, so let's hope like heck 1) I can ge tout of it (unlikely for NJ) or 2) nothing maks it go longer.

I don't care for the regular Butterbeer. I will have to try the frozen version.

Frozen butterbeer is amazing. Not only it is cooling on a hot day, I feel like you get more of the flavor that way. Also that vanillay topping they put on it? Delicious!

Frozen butterbeer is amazing. Not only it is cooling on a hot day, I feel like you get more of the flavor that way. Also that vanillay topping they put on it? Delicious!
Am I going to go into a diabetic coma if I drink it? Is there any chance they have Sugar Free versions of any of these?

Sayhello

Since the party is at night in mid-December...Butterbeer may freeze on its own!

Am I going to go into a diabetic coma if I drink it? Is there any chance they have Sugar Free versions of any of these?

Sayhello

It shouldn't put you into a diabetic coma! I'm sugar sensitive myself and haven't had problems with it.

JK Rowling actually requested that they not put a lot of sugar in the drink, so it has about as many calories and as much sugar as a Coke. There's a better article that explains it here.

I find that it's more or less like drinking a cream soda. Perhaps even slightly less sweet than that.

If you're watching sugar watch out for the Pumpkin Juice. Holy moley is that sweet!

Keeping my fingers crossed for room at the party for those of us with DVC plans.

It shouldn't put you into a diabetic coma! I'm sugar sensitive myself and haven't had problems with it.

JK Rowling actually requested that they not put a lot of sugar in the drink, so it has about as many calories and as much sugar as a Coke. There's a better article that explains it here.

I find that it's more or less like drinking a cream soda. Perhaps even slightly less sweet than that.

If you're watching sugar watch out for the Pumpkin Juice. Holy moley is that sweet!
Hmmmm... I don't drink regular Coke because it's too sugary for me. Sounds like I may have nothing to drink during the party! :sad2:

Thanks for the info. (Oh, and your link doesn't work.)

Sayhello

Hmmmm... I don't drink regular Coke because it's too sugary for me. Sounds like I may have nothing to drink during the party! :sad2:

Thanks for the info. (Oh, and your link doesn't work.)

Sayhello

Sorry about the link not working. If you Google "Butterbeer calories" you can find the same info in the first two links.

Rereading the site it says that Butterbeer has 200 calories, 42 grams of carbs and 39 grams of sugar. That is 10 fewer grams than a Coke, so it should be less sweet than a Coke.

Maybe you can ask to sample it if you explain about your concerns and then go from there? I also wonder if it would be possible for them to "cut" a glass of Butterbeer with seltzer or something to make it less sweet? My parents used to do that to soda when we were kids.

I do wonder why they haven't offered sugar free options though. I wonder if that idea is in the making?

Sorry about the link not working. If you Google "Butterbeer calories" you can find the same info in the first two links.

Rereading the site it says that Butterbeer has 200 calories, 42 grams of carbs and 39 grams of sugar. That is 10 fewer grams than a Coke, so it should be less sweet than a Coke.

Maybe you can ask to sample it if you explain about your concerns and then go from there? I also wonder if it would be possible for them to "cut" a glass of Butterbeer with seltzer or something to make it less sweet? My parents used to do that to soda when we were kids.

I do wonder why they haven't offered sugar free options though. I wonder if that idea is in the making?
See, 42 grams of carbs is my entire dinner's worth of carbs (I'm a diabetic, and have to manage my carbs carefully.) As much as I'd like to taste Butterbeer, I'm not giving up my entire dinners's carbs for it!!! :eek: The good thing is, I think the Butterbeer is included with the event, so I guess I could get some & just taste it. But that seems like a waste. I'll have to see about the "cutting it". That might work. I'm surprised there's no Sugar Free option...

Thanks!
Sayhello

ETA: Actually, I just went back & checked the first post, and there *are* all sorts of beverages being offered:

Complimentary Beverages:
Butterbeer (TM) - Served in a souvenir cup
Soft Drinks
Pumpkin Juice
Lemonade
Iced Tea
Apple Cider
Pear Cider
Bottled Water
So I won't dehydrate. :) It's just too bad I have to "miss" the Butterbeer experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter