Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – New Lease negotiated FO(U)R the next 250 pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessInOz said:
There is an important lesson in that.....hope he's not being too hard on himself.

I guess it depends on the results. He said everything else went great - all the other scales, improv., and solo. Wish they'd tell us already!!!

He so busy with youth group at church today that I think it's slipped his mind. He'll start to fret over it at 6:30 tonight when he gets home.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Home Depot has been my hang out for the weekend. We've been getting samples and painting them on a side wall.

Home Depot has been my hang out for the weekend. We've been getting samples and painting them on a side wall.

Oh crap! You just reminded me that I need to pick out paint colors for the kitchen that the contractor is working on!

Plus I have to send a 3 day notice to a tenant and issue a refund for the one whose place is now being remodeled.

Those two days of fun really set me back!

TruBlu said:
I guess it depends on the results. He said everything else went great - all the other scales, improv., and solo. Wish they'd tell us already!!!

He so busy with youth group at church today that I think it's slipped his mind. He'll start to fret over it at 6:30 tonight when he gets home.

:sad:
Nope.

He's heartbroken.
His best friend got first chair trumpet.
Tomorrow is going to be a very hard day for him.

Nope.

He's heartbroken.

I'm so sorry Tracey. That is going to be a rough day.

Oh crap! You just reminded me that I need to pick out paint colors for the kitchen that the contractor is working on!

Happy to help you remember.

Enjoy! You'll have to tell us what colours you settled on.

I think we've finally settled on Behr Shady Willow (greenish gray) for the base, Nesting Dove (cream) for the trim and painting the bricks Red Bluff.

Pictures pretty please when you are done!

Sure...it's going to be a long work in progress.

Nope.

He's heartbroken.

Sorry for your DS Tracey. I totally know how devastating that can be! Been there done that. Let him know that he has his whole life ahead of him and all he has to do is keep it going. What is important is that if he wants to make this his career, he has his whole life ahead of him.

Me on the other hand decided to forgo a musician's career in lieu of eating something other than Ramen noodles every night! My love of Disney took over my desire to make a living as a musician!

He finally got to sleep. Poor kid. I asked him if he thought the scale was the reason. He said, Mom I didn't blow that scale. I played it perfect. I just wanted you to be surprised when I got first chair.
He stood outside the room and listened to all the other kids. One played in the wrong key, another stopped her chromatic scale too soon, and another left out notes in the solo. Unfortunaly it's subjective. My kid is tall and obviously an athlete. He gets judged by musicians and teachers all the time because he doesn't look the part. It's beyond unfair. He practices 2 hours a day - or at least he used to. He doesn't even want to play now. He said he would just focus on sports where it isn't up to a judge if you win. I feel really sorry for the kids playing him in lacrosse on Tuesday. His checks are going to be brutal! :(

Oops I hit the submit button too soon earlier.

I feel so bad for your DS Tracey, it's heart breaking.:hug: Don't let him give up if it's something he enjoys. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things in life that are unfair.

ACDSNY said:
Oops I hit the submit button too soon earlier.

I feel so bad for your DS Tracey, it's heart breaking.:hug: Don't let him give up if it's something he enjoys. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things in life that are unfair.

That's what I'm trying to tell him, but honestly I'm so upset myself that I can't be convincing yet. There is no way he deserved this. The auditions should be blind.

I actually told him to take a break. He literally practices until his lips bleed. He needs to have some fun and be a kid. He hasn't watched TV or played a video game in two years. He practices sports, does homework, then plays sax every other minute. I want him to just put it down for a week or two. His heart isn't in it anyway. He threw away the inspirational messages he'd posted all around the house to motivate him to give everything else up. He deserves a break.

This week has been horrible - bad health news for my mom, 23 days furlough without pay for DH and me, and heartbreak for my kid. Depressing.

This week has been horrible - bad health news for my mom, 23 days furlough without pay for DH and me, and heartbreak for my kid. Depressing.

Wishing you some inner peace for this week. It always seems like when it rains it pours.

He finally got to sleep. Poor kid. I asked him if he thought the scale was the reason. He said, Mom I didn't blow that scale. I played it perfect. I just wanted you to be surprised when I got first chair.
He stood outside the room and listened to all the other kids. One played in the wrong key, another stopped her chromatic scale too soon, and another left out notes in the solo. Unfortunaly it's subjective. My kid is tall and obviously an athlete. He gets judged by musicians and teachers all the time because he doesn't look the part. It's beyond unfair. He practices 2 hours a day - or at least he used to. He doesn't even want to play now. He said he would just focus on sports where it isn't up to a judge if you win. I feel really sorry for the kids playing him in lacrosse on Tuesday. His checks are going to be brutal! :(

Sometimes this stuff is just political. I learned that the hard way in college. Unfortunately it never goes away, you just have to stick to your own principles and realize what are your own goals.

I hope he makes peace with himself. If i weren't so tired, i'd try to offer some words of wisdom, but i need to crawl in bed and pass out! that's my words of wisdom for tonight! in the end it' doesn't matter, you just need to be happy!

I'm a dork fish tonight. I've been working up the costs for repainting our house and replacing our backyard fence and the light bulb just went on...we'll have to paint the shop and barn too. Ugh!

This is going to be the year of never ending home improvements and it all started with changing the flooring.:crazy2: Morale of this story is don't start any home improvements unless your ready to replace everything.

That's what I'm trying to tell him, but honestly I'm so upset myself that I can't be convincing yet. There is no way he deserved this. The auditions should be blind.

I actually told him to take a break. He literally practices until his lips bleed. He needs to have some fun and be a kid. He hasn't watched TV or played a video game in two years. He practices sports, does homework, then plays sax every other minute. I want him to just put it down for a week or two. His heart isn't in it anyway. He threw away the inspirational messages he'd posted all around the house to motivate him to give everything else up. He deserves a break.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter