DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

sahbushka said:
So, my pants have started sliding down my hips! Yah! You know what that means.....yup...they have become stretched out and I need to go wash and dry them! :rotfl2: But seriously, I think I can tell that I have lost a little! It's good motivation to keep going...ya know!
Sarah

Go Sarah, go Sarah. :woohoo:

anut4disney said:
I am 53 and don't expect to get back to 99 lbs but I would really like to get to at least 110 lbs. I am hoping that with ya'lls help I can do something about this.

:grouphug: to you! Don't be embarassed. Reading your story it really sounds as if it could be medical. I am surprised the doctors could not find anything. I am assuming they did test your thyroid.

I hope we can help. I think for alot of us exercise is going to be the key. (isn't it for everyone darn it).

And wow..taking care fo 6 y.o. twins at 51. You are my hero. I can barely keep up with my two at 36. (They are not twins, 6 and almost three...somedays I feel like they are going to drive me :crazy: but I :love: them.)

That afternoon snacking...its my nemesis. I pretty much have it beat now, I just don't go home afterwork. The gym, Target, Borders, anywhere that doesn't have my fridge in it seems to work. By the time I get home I just make dinner.

The next problem is after dinner snacks. Maybe I should just go to bed earlier?

And I weighed myself today. Since I reduced my running to three days a week and started cross training due to injury I've been in a constant weight maintenance battle and I'm losing. Over the past two months the increase has been slight, but its there, consistently higher. As of today I'm 5 pounds higher than the weight I had maintained for a year. That is the largest fluctuation since then. I have a normal 2-3 pound range that is my "okay" area, but I'm 5 pounds above that range. Time to buckle down.

macraven said:
this is how my day has gone so far and it is only 4 cst.

lunch, went thru mcdonalds drive thru as lunch hour at work only 24 minutes.
had a burger and coke.

came home at 2:45 and ate....
corn dog
potatoe chips
soda
ice cream
hot pocket the one with cheese and meatballs in pizza sauce
candy bar
chli cheese fritos

i would have eaten more but all the good snack stuff is gone. kid home from college on spring break and he ate up my stash......

now i have to go to the grocery store to get things to make a casserole for dinner.

and, i will probably eat again then also.

i'm so pathetic with this chowing down. when i finished the ice cream i called curves for info. so tomorrow at 10 i have an appointment to get measured, weighed, etc and pay for the year in advance.

gee, for $444, i hope i go at least 10 times to get my money's worth.
i figured i need to start something tomorrow as then when the 28th rolls around, i may be down to a normal eating practice.

life was so much easier when i purged. i could eat anything i wanted to and not worry about gaining weight.

i am such a wimp when it comes to exercise. walking at disney is excercise for me............
and i set a new goal, need to lose 45 lbs not 40.......i weighed myself this morning. and i did that naked...........so can't say it was the clothes i had on that made me put on 5 more lbs on that scale.

why can't i just go to bed at night and wake up thin....????
You sound like me. I am a compulsive over-eater. What you ate I would also eat and then some. I could out eat a truck driver. And it wouldn't have to be "junk". That's what most people don't get. I could over eat at a salad bar. :rolleyes:

We'll do this. I promise.
In AA they say "one step at a time". For us it will be one meal at a time. Don't even think beyond that.

WISH me luck ladies, I am officially starting diet and exercise today! I bought some hand weights and a jump rope this weekend, we already have an eliptical machine that has been collecting dust for the past several months that I will start using this evening!! I know we don't have to start until the 28th but I don't want to give myself any more excuses to keep eating.

Let's do this!! :cheer2: :wizard:

2BigKIdz said:
WISH me luck ladies, I am officially starting diet and exercise today! I bought some hand weights and a jump rope this weekend, we already have an eliptical machine that has been collecting dust for the past several months that I will start using this evening!! I know we don't have to start until the 28th but I don't want to give myself any more excuses to keep eating.

Good Luck!!! :cheer2:

2BigKIdz said:

Good luck! I am doing some little things right now, more water to start, but after my free weekend this weekend, I will be ready to go on Tuesday!

2BigKIdz said:

Good luck! Jumping rope sounds like fun. :banana:

macraven said:
yea, i have one pound weights in my closet too.
have had them for 4 years.........they are right where i placed them, they haven't moved yet.

sounds like my pilates machine. :blush:

Just wanted to say goodmorning to all you lovely ladies before I have to buckle down at work...oh, and I also wanted to show off the change in my weight ticker...down another 3 lbs! :cool1: :cheer2: I will start a new ticker next week at the start of the challenge! Sounds like a lot of you ladies are on the right track, but just remember, anything you gorge on this week, is just that much more that you will need to work off next week! Just a thought to keep in mind (especially conerning those chulupas...yum!)
Have a healthy day!
Sarah

Have fun at Curves. I really enjoyed it. I wish there was one close to where I live now. There are some in town, but not convenient for me. :(

sahbushka said:
Just wanted to say goodmorning to all you lovely ladies before I have to buckle down at work...oh, and I also wanted to show off the change in my weight ticker...down another 3 lbs! :cool1: :cheer2: I will start a new ticker next week at the start of the challenge! Sounds like a lot of you ladies are on the right track, but just remember, anything you gorge on this week, is just that much more that you will need to work off next week! Just a thought to keep in mind (especially conerning those chulupas...yum!)
Have a healthy day!
Sarah

Congrats Sarah!! That's awesome.

And I don't plan on gorging. Just eating like normal til Tuesday. :) I am pretty sure my weight will be the same as it is now.

Right on! I personally love the chicken grilled stuffed borritos! I am doing a modified WW so I often will save enough points to have one for dinner...it makes my day! :banana: Plus, it's inexpensive...gotta love it! And way to make good choices as far as quantity goes :thumbsup2 ...that is always my main issue!
Sarah

I didn't go to the gym today, but my friend and I had to park far away from our building and it was a decent walk. Then we blew it by eating at a Mexican place called Qdoba's. Yikes!

I'll probably do something very light for dinner after that mistake!

So I am hungry and what did I do??? I went and looked at the menus for some of the restaurants at WDW! Now I am starving! And I know one thing for sure...there is no such thing as a diet in WDW! I will do my best between now and then, but I WILL NOT turn down any food I want while on vacation!
Now I feel better :teeth: ,
Sarah

I should not have come over here. All it did was make me want chalupas. :sad2: :p

I loooooove the Taco Bell chalupas. YUM!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter