DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

Alright, so I am starting a bit today. I have my big bottle of water by my desk. And at lunch, I will take at least a 15 minute walk through the neighborhood behind my office. Its pretty ritzy. I hope I don't get arrested. :)

You should be OK as long as you don't run. If you run, they may think you stole something. :teeth:

I've already dipped into the Jelly Belly's today. :guilty:

Marseeya said:
I've already dipped into the Jelly Belly's today. :guilty:
That's ok, it's still early :) No more jelly belly's :thumbsup2

No one has to officially start until the 28th. Just remember that. I am trying to ease my way into it. :)

And here is some information on Jelly Bellys:

Question: How many calories and carbohydrates are in a single Jelly Belly jelly bean?

Answer: There are 4 calories per bean, or about 100 calories per single serving (25 beans). They have approximately 1 gram of carbohydrate per bean and zero fat. Jelly Belly jelly beans offer a satisfying burst of flavor for a modest calorie investment. They are also certified Kosher

I don't think 100 cals per 25 beans is so bad (I eat them one at a time so I can savor the flavor.)

Good morning ladies, how's everyone doing today? I am doing really well. I know we don't have to start till the 28th, but I started as soon as I heard about this trip, so I am just going to keep going! I have had a good morning...small packet of oatmeal with 1/2 cup milk and a water for breakfast and I have another water here at my desk!

And just a little note for marseeya...PUT THE JELLY BEANS DOWN!!! Just imagine them taped to your hips...boy would that be lumpy! :rotfl: You can do this!
Sarah

Apparently I am all talk...

Just got back from Starbucks with coffee and a chocolate chip muffin. 400 calories and 22 grams of fat for just the coffee :thumbsup2

Holy Cow!! for a coffee?

I swam this morning before work and ate a yogurt (100 cal), cereal (100), banana (100 cal), strawberries (50 tops) and an apple (really small one, 50). I also had a bite size snickers from a co-workers desk (35) and one hard candy. Estimated total so far: 450.

And I've had no water, but 2 diet cokes. My teeth are going to fall out!!

Well it was fancy-schmancy yuppie coffee (had chocolate in it :teeth: )

I shouldn't talk, if we had a Starbucks I'd be there too!! The only one in Webster is in the Target and its not open before work.

I'm leaving for lunch in a few minutes, so I'm sure the good food this morning will all be for naught. And yesterday I ate a hot dog and fries as a reward for running.

Yes, actually if you are going to eat a little something for the flavor, jelly bellys are way better than the chocolate in the book I am entering a work right now. It's all of these different recipes for amazing chocolate concoctions! With Pictures!
Sarah

sahbushka said:
Yes, actually if you are going to eat a little something for the flavor, jelly bellys are way better than the chocolate in the book I am entering a work right now. It's all of these different recipes for amazing chocolate concoctions! With Pictures!
Sarah

If I had that as my job, I would never lose any weight. I am certain of that.

k_hase said:
I'm leaving for lunch in a few minutes, so I'm sure the good food this morning will all be for naught. And yesterday I ate a hot dog and fries as a reward for running.
You had "a hot dog"?? As in you stopped with just one? Oh wait, you mean we're supposed to not have two? Oh. Well, duh. I knew that. :rolleyes1

sahbushka said:
And just a little note for marseeya...PUT THE JELLY BEANS DOWN!!! Just imagine them taped to your hips...boy would that be lumpy! :rotfl: You can do this!
Sarah
:rotfl2: Some of us already have that lumpy look. My lady lumps. :teeth:

I wonder how the carrot cake that I just made from scratch would look taped to my hips?? :scratchin :rotfl: But it's the best carrot cake ever. ;)

So, my pants have started sliding down my hips! Yah! You know what that means.....yup...they have become stretched out and I need to go wash and dry them! :rotfl2: But seriously, I think I can tell that I have lost a little! It's good motivation to keep going...ya know!
Sarah

Okay here goes, I am so embarrassed about my weight.

First of all obesity runs in my family grandfather weighed in at 428, uncle over 400 and even sister weighed close to 300 lbs. The only thing is I always weighed in at 99 lbs, yes I admit it 99 lbs. When I was pregant I only gained 19 lbs, dd weighed 7 lbs 5 ozs. I put on the same clothes that I wore before I was pregant to go home from the hospital.

Then somewhere between the age of 51 and 52 I socked on 60 lbs and I am only 5'2" tall. I went from a size 6 to a size 16. This was so drastic that the doctor even ran all kinds so test to see if something was the matter, nothing according to him.

I don't eat a lot of sweets, hardly ever finish everything on my plate and have even cut my pepsi's down to 1 a day and it doesn't seem to help. I even drink 8 glasses of water (except weekends) a day (ty Bubba Mug).

I do love salty stuff but I don't even eat a whole lot of that. I do like the mini snack pack of popcorn with my 1 can of pepsi. It is like my metabolism just totally shut down.

I am not going through the change because I had a total hysterectomy when I was 39. I just know I don't feel good, I have reflux now from the weight and I can't seem to get rid of the pounds.

I don't really exercise, but I do have 6 year old twins living with me and feel like I never stop going. :rotfl2:

I am 53 and don't expect to get back to 99 lbs but I would really like to get to at least 110 lbs. I am hoping that with ya'lls help I can do something about this.

sahbushka said:
So, my pants have started sliding down my hips! Yah! You know what that means.....yup...they have become stretched out and I need to go wash and dry them! :rotfl2: But seriously, I think I can tell that I have lost a little! It's good motivation to keep going...ya know!
Sarah
:cool1: :cheer2: Yay for you!!

So the fact that I can barely button mine is not good? :confused3 :p

k_hase said:

But you RAN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter