DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure you probably read this, but just in case you missed it, or in case anyone who read it when it was first posted has forgotten, I am reposting the exchange rules:

**Rules for Meet and Greet Exchange**
1. The exchange is optional. There are no sign-ups. If you want to participate, just bring a package. As in the past, it will be done "white elephant" style. With such a large group this year however, we reserve the right to limit the number of times a package can be "stolen" to save time.
2. Minimum dollar amount for this exchange is $20. Bring your exchange wrapped up in some sort of gift wrapping, gift bag, trash bag, whatever. Just so it's hidden. Do not put a name on it.
3. The exchange can consist of ANY beverage container. Examples would include coffee mugs, aluminum water bottles, beer mugs, wine glasses, etc. Make sure if your item is breakable that it's packaged securely.
4. Use your imagination! Have fun with this. It does not have to be Disney themed. In fact, we challenge you all to find something non-Disney. Keep our theme in mind when shopping. The more redneck, silly, funny, naughty, or unusual, the better. After all, we are all adults and we are there to have fun! :)

So, basically what each exchange gift must have is some sort of beverage container. Any thing you can drink out of will do, but the funnier the better. I bought one I liked, but it was only half the minimum dollar amount required, so I am going to fill the rest in with fillers. Those can be just about anything you want.

For example, I Googled redneck gifts online and found a couple fun ideas. One was for a redneck "tool box". It was basically a beer, a roll of duct tape and some WD40. Heck, all useful if you ask me! :thumbsup2

I saw Walmart had a 2013 Outhouse calendar. I thought that would be pretty funny, too. If you have any gag stores near you, they might have something. Or someone else mentioned searching on Amazon.

If all else fails and you are truly stumped, you can pick a nice Disney mug and supplement it with a Disney gift card. We are going for humor, not to offend or upset anyone with our theme. But, if anyone wants to play along and isn't comfortable purchasing certain items, you can go a more traditional Disney route.

Same thing with the costumes. You can dress in any manner you feel comfortable, whether that is considered redneck, hill billy, country western, whatever. We just want everyone to have a fun time! :goodvibes

Thank you :). Did I see something about bringing a snack for the snack table at the M&G also ?

Thank you :). Did I see something about bringing a snack for the snack table at the M&G also ?

Yes. Every year we do a candy buffet/snack table. It's so much fun, and a great way to get a variety of treats to either munch on over the course of the trip, or take home to the family.

Laurie/DizNee Luver and Lisa/Lisacat are in charge of the table this year. At some point, one of them will ask everyone to begin PMing them with your snack choice. We do that to avoid a lot of repeats. Obviously it's okay if 2-3 people want to bring a similar snack (for example crunchy granola bars and chewy granola bars), but we don't want all 50-plus ladies to bring the same item. Okay, so that wouldn't happen, but you get my point. It's just to make sure we have a variety of goodies.

As for what to bring, it's up to you. Over the years, we've had just about every sort of candy you can think of. We've also had snacks such as crackers, corn nuts, chips, granola bars, trail mix, Goldfish, you name it! Some people on recent trips have even brought non-food items such as travel size Kleenex covers, hand sanitizer, Chapstick, etc.
All we ask is you bring a large amount (think Costco/Sams Club size) so it will feed everyone, or if it's non-edible enough for each person to take an item. And, I think we are now asking that it be packaged individually for sanitary reasons (Laurie or Lisa can confirm this).

Here are some photos from previous Meet and Greet parties:
425398_10150600693579011_1237919541_n.jpg

55.jpg

44.jpg

ry3D480.jpg

So, you can start thinking about what you'd like to bring, and then when the time comes simply PM either Laurie or Lisa with your choice.
Hope that helps. It's a lot of fun, and a real highlight of the party! :)

Tee shirt design is done and ready to go!:cool1:
Ooohh...is there any way we can see the final design? I know it is the deadline for ordering and I wasn't planning to get one but I might change my mind.

That is actually quite sad. When I was in WDW in November I upgraded my 6-day ticket to the Premier Passport (is that what you call the one that is good in both parks??) The up-charge was horrifying, and this will probably be my only one, but it's fun to have at least one in my lifetime. It's really purty - sometimes I just want to take it out and look at it.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I got one in 2010. I was in WDW for a week and then I had planned on getting an AP here, so it was only about $150 more. Which I probably made a dent in by having the 20% discount. LOL And they are purty. Mine is stuck to the frame of my computer monitor. Sigh. LOL

Option Ticket: Woodland Park Zoo OR The Museum of Flight - we love the zoo and have been quite a few times. We gone to the museum of Flight and really enjoyed it.

Hmmm, I'll have to think it over a bit more. Some of those things I think the kids would enjoy and some I'm not too sure about. Have to price it out and see if it's worth it. Also, see if we'll have that much time in Seattle. We are doing other places like Forks/La Push, San Juan Island, Whidbey Island, etc. Plus driving the OR coast. This trip is already up to two weeks long. There's too much to do and see! LOL Thanks for the info though!!

I totally second the Museum of Flight. We are toying with a trip up there this summer for our anniversary. We were last there for our 10th anniversary. This will be #20..... eek! Last time we flew in and out of Portland, spent a day with mom and then drove up. It worked well, but I think I'd rather fly into SEATAC. LOL

That is actually quite sad. When I was in WDW in November I upgraded my 6-day ticket to the Premier Passport (is that what you call the one that is good in both parks??) The up-charge was horrifying, and this will probably be my only one, but it's fun to have at least one in my lifetime. It's really purty - sometimes I just want to take it out and look at it.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Paint me green with envy. The years we went to WDW for 7 or so days, I should likely looked into getting one. Sadly my WDW days are long gone. Oh poor me. :) If I had one, I would frame it, light a little candle in front of it...you know...a wee bit of a shrine thing.

Hi girls! I hope it's okay to join in, I'm Ashley and I'm 25!

Welcome Ashley, I am Amy and I am 51. Dang...sure doesn't sound as great as Ashley at 25. :thumbsup2

I'll have an order ready for you!

Hurrah!!! GIRL SCOUT COOKIES will be everywhere!!!!

My head is bowed.:(

Thanks for your sympathy. It was a sad day. Perhaps I should have donned a black armband.

Am I the only one worried about the M&G gifts? Some of you have a strange sense of humor.:rotfl:

I dunno what you mean by that. I gave my exchangee Angry Bird Bandaids and a treasure trove of other delights...stick on mustaches, Wooly Willy....

I am a bit like you actually. Never been a fan of off color or poor taste gag gifts. Might sit this one out.

If anyone has any spare m&g gift ideas floating around in their pretty little head, feel free to message me. I am kinda at a loss.

Angry Bird Bandaids, a perenial favorite. :rotfl2:

I actually quoted this because I first read it as "massage me". All righty then, got a dollar?

I got one in 2010. I was in WDW for a week and then I had planned on getting an AP here, so it was only about $150 more. Which I probably made a dent in by having the 20% discount. LOL And they are purty. Mine is stuck to the frame of my computer monitor. Sigh. LOL

I want a picture of your pass so I can live vicariously. You know what else would look nice by your computer? That is right, Savannah Smile lemon girl scout cookies.

Okay, deep breath, that took awhile.

AmyOkraGirlScoutCookiePushingSue

I dunno what you mean by that. I gave my exchangee Angry Bird Bandaids and a treasure trove of other delights...stick on mustaches, Wooly Willy....

I am a bit like you actually. Never been a fan of off color or poor taste gag gifts. Might sit this one out.

Are you saying I have poor taste?? :rolleyes1

Well, I can neither confirm nor deny that comment. :p

But, Angry Bird bandaids and stick on mustaches would work. They are fun, silly, and sort of like gag gifts. But, you'd need to add something to drink out of since the main exchange theme is Slug Jug. :drinking1:drinking1

Are you saying I have poor taste?? :rolleyes1

Would never even suggest it. Years ago a friend's boyfriend (now husband) gave me a series of poor taste gifts. I think because I am such an obnoxious outgoing person, he thought I would find them a laugh riot. Not so much. The one that springs to mind is a "rubber tree", yep, a fake plant covered with condoms. Ha ha ha...nope, still don't see the humor.:)

Well, I can neither deny nor confirm that comment. :p

But, Angry Bird bandaids and stick on mustaches would work. They are fun, silly, and sort of like gag gifts. But, you'd need to add something to drink out of since the main exchange theme is Slug Jug. :drinking1:drinking1

My Angry Bird Bandaids were SO last year.

I bet I got me some Red Solo cups around here someswhere.

How was that for getting into the swing of it????

:laughing: Yes, I think I am 12 years old in terms of humor cause I find that funny. Um, not sure why he gave it to you, but....it's the thought that counts...?

Red Solo cups totally work. But, can you sing the song that goes with it? :cool1:

Now I have that song in my head...

:laughing: Yes, I think I am 12 years old in terms of humor cause I find that funny. Um, not sure why he gave it to you, but....it's the thought that counts...?

I bet you laugh at fart humor too. Ha!!!

Red Solo cups totally work. But, can you sing the song that goes with it? :cool1:

Isn't that a countryish song? Believe I may never have heard it.

Now I have that song in my head...

Wow, do I not sound like a bundle of fun? I really do have a prudish side. Grew up in a family that was really anti ribald. The word fart was considered an f word.

Okay, kind of prudish, but GIRL SCOUT COOKIES will help me buy friends, so who needs a sense of humor?

OK so now I am craving Girl Scout cookies. I expect that extra boxes will find good homes.

My M&G gift is totally Redneck Diva but not at all scary, probably boring by some standards. We are not all exceptionally creative/scary/twisted. You just have to watch out for those M&G committee members. :eek:

Wow, do I not sound like a bundle of fun? I really do have a prudish side. Grew up in a family that was really anti ribald. The word fart was considered an f word.

Okay, kind of prudish, but GIRL SCOUT COOKIES will help me buy friends, so who needs a sense of humor?

Well, not so much into the fart jokes. But definitely do not have a prudish side. :rolleyes1 It's okay. I will teach you the ways of 12 year old humor. And I'll teach you how to sing "Red Solo Cup". :thumbsup2

My M&G gift is totally Redneck Diva but not at all scary, probably boring by some standards. We are not all exceptionally creative/scary/twisted. You just have to watch out for those M&G committee members. :eek:
Are you calling the committee members scary and twisted? :eek:

Oh! You mean Capri. Right. Gotcha. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

(she's gonna hurt me for that one.... haha, luvs ya, Capri!!)

My gift will be tame. I'll behave. For once. :p

OK so now I am craving Girl Scout cookies. I expect that extra boxes will find good homes.

Ha!! You are falling for my less than subliminal nefarious plan. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!

Well, not so much into the fart jokes. But definitely do not have a prudish side. :rolleyes1 It's okay. I will teach you the ways of 12 year old humor. And I'll teach you how to sing "Red Solo Cup". :thumbsup2

Heck I live with a 12 year old. She often tells me jokes that I have to tell her, "I think you have to be 12 to appreciate that one. In my head, cannot see the funny".

She also will let me know that I will find a joke inappropriate before she tells me. Love the disclaimer.

Red Solo Cup karaoke----Red Solo Cup dance off-----Red Solo Cup line dance. Surely there is a RSC line dance, there always is with them there kind of songs, am I right?

Heck I live with a 12 year old. She often tells me jokes that I have to tell her, "I think you have to be 12 to appreciate that one. In my head, cannot see the funny".

She also will let me know that I will find a joke inappropriate before she tells me. Love the disclaimer.

Red Solo Cup karaoke----Red Solo Cup dance off-----Red Solo Cup line dance. Surely there is a RSC line dance, there always is with them there kind of songs, am I right?

LOL! Love the disclaimer. Smart girl.

Ugh, don't even mention line dancing. I bought a how-to once on video, yes, video it was that long ago, thinking I would easily learn how to line dance. It was demonstrated by all these sweet white haired older ladies. Should be a piece of cake! If they can do it, so can I.
Not so much... I was tripping over my own two feet. :sad2: Never tried it again.

Nighty night! Past my bedtime. I may have the humor of a 12 year old, but not the energy. ;)

Well yes, that's who came to mind but I wasn't going to name names. But y'all have stuff going on in your minds that keep the rest of us just a little bit scared.

:rolleyes1

(she's gonna hurt me for that one.... haha, luvs ya, Capri!!)

Well yes, that's who came to mind but I wasn't going to name names. But y'all have stuff going on in your minds that keep the rest of us just a little bit scared.

What are you talking about? I'm as tame as a little lamb. This mind is pure and clean. :angel:

:smokin:

What are you talking about? I'm as tame as a little lamb. This mind is pure and clean. :angel:

:smokin:

Damn near choked on my bacon reading that!! :rotfl: Nice try. ;)

Good morning, ladies!
I could have sworn today was Friday. Why is this week taking FOREVER? :rolleyes:
Well, have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter