DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a Seattle Diva trip is in order! Hotels are just so expensive there. Does someone local want to host a sleepover weekend? I can bring sleeping bags!

Thanks Lisa for the info. Although it would be cheaper to fly that first flight out on Thurs mom didn't want to get up that early LOL. I think the first flight leaves at 6 something so we kept our orig outgoing which leaves at 7something and we get in at 9. But we are switching to the 2nd flight out on Monday which is at 10. Again the first flight at 8 was 107 but got the 2nd for 69. Now I just have to add a day onto our hotel but that prob won't be a big deal since most people will prob be leaving on sun.

I am actually really glad because we would have had to check out of DI super early as we are doing the plaza breakfast with shane and the girls before they leave to drive home at 7:30 on Sun. We would have had to stow our bags in those crazy lockers so this way we can just relax and enjoy sunday and then get up and leave peacfully on monday. I like that idea WAY better!! :)

So who all is staying over and not going home till monday??

So who all is staying over and not going home till monday??

:yay::yay: Me, me! I leave Monday, and this time I was smart enough not to book a dark-thirty flight (which was actually 7:30am, but I didn't think about having to be there two hours early and travel time from Anaheim - short story long, I had to get up at 4am last time I came back from DL!!)

I will also be there Tuesday, hopefully by noon. Will anyone else be around? This is going to sound silly, but I love, love the turkey sandwiches at Riverbelle Terrace and I didn't get one on my last trip, so I'll be having dinner there on Tue so I don't miss out again.

I heard from Beth that Cheesecake Fact doesn't take reservations, and I'm good with us just showing up at 6 on Wed night if that's okay with everyone else.

A moment of silence, please.

My AP expires today.

That is actually quite sad. When I was in WDW in November I upgraded my 6-day ticket to the Premier Passport (is that what you call the one that is good in both parks??) The up-charge was horrifying, and this will probably be my only one, but it's fun to have at least one in my lifetime. It's really purty - sometimes I just want to take it out and look at it.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

NorCalGal said:
:yay::yay: Me, me! I leave Monday, and this time I was smart enough not to book a dark-thirty flight (which was actually 7:30am, but I didn't think about having to be there two hours early and travel time from Anaheim - short story long, I had to get up at 4am last time I came back from DL!!)

I will also be there Tuesday, hopefully by noon. Will anyone else be around? This is going to sound silly, but I love, love the turkey sandwiches at Riverbelle Terrace and I didn't get one on my last trip, so I'll be having dinner there on Tue so I don't miss out again.

I heard from Beth that Cheesecake Fact doesn't take reservations, and I'm good with us just showing up at 6 on Wed night if that's okay with everyone else.

I am staying till Monday. My flight is at 11:30am, so not extremely early

Hi girls! I hope it's okay to join in, I'm Ashley and I'm 25! I was doing some initial research for Disneyland and stumbled across this thread. I have been to WDW many times, but I am moving to the LA area at the end of this month (eek!) and am looking forward to my very first trip to Disneyland. I know almost no one in the LA area, and certainly have no friends that love Disney there. I was hoping I could tentatively join this meetup! I have no idea what I'll be doing at the end of February (job-wise) but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet up with some Disney fans like me and spend time in the parks (for the second time - I will also be going the first weekend in February). I plan on spending lots of time in the parks and getting an annual pass ASAP.

I hope it's okay that I'm posting this here. I wasn't able to read through the 141 pages of this thread, haha! I would love to be able to join in some of the activities planned, but I can't commit for sure to anything at the moment. Is that okay? At the very least, I would like to drive to DL for one of those weekend days, but I'll really have to see. I believe I read something about a Facebook group - could someone link that for me?

Anyway, this looks like such a fun group of people and I would love to be a part of it and meet some other Disney loving girls like me!

A wrist tattoo??? Um....ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Yes, I know...a friend of mine said he knows a tattoo artist that actually uses a topical numbing gel, I may be going to see him about that because I suck at pain and a wrist tattoo is going to hurt like a Mut.....well you know....LOL :rotfl: I haven't picked a design yet but I had a neat idea for one around my ankle, a dragon with it's tail wrapped around my ankle. :)

My AP expires today.

:hug: I'm so sorry.

Tee shirt design is done and ready to go!:cool1:

:cool1::worship::thumbsup2:banana:

Hi girls! I hope it's okay to join in, I'm Ashley and I'm 25! I was doing some initial research for Disneyland and stumbled across this thread. I have been to WDW many times, but I am moving to the LA area at the end of this month (eek!) and am looking forward to my very first trip to Disneyland. I know almost no one in the LA area, and certainly have no friends that love Disney there. I was hoping I could tentatively join this meetup! I have no idea what I'll be doing at the end of February (job-wise) but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet up with some Disney fans like me and spend time in the parks (for the second time - I will also be going the first weekend in February). I plan on spending lots of time in the parks and getting an annual pass ASAP.

I hope it's okay that I'm posting this here. I wasn't able to read through the 141 pages of this thread, haha! I would love to be able to join in some of the activities planned, but I can't commit for sure to anything at the moment. Is that okay? At the very least, I would like to drive to DL for one of those weekend days, but I'll really have to see. I believe I read something about a Facebook group - could someone link that for me?

Anyway, this looks like such a fun group of people and I would love to be a part of it and meet some other Disney loving girls like me!

Hi Ashley, welcome to our crazy group. :) I'm sure you will be able to join us for some activities, not all are pre-paid. LOL Read the first few pages to get a general idea of who we are and what we do. :)

A big :welcome: Ashley!

And yes, we would love to have you join us. We have lots of newbies this year so you would be in great company. A lot of the activities can be joined in at the last minute but some have a deadline (scavenger hunt and meet and greet ( primarily for head count).

There is not a link to the Facebook group but if you search for me (Bridget Pooley Russell) and send me a friend request, I can get you added. The FB thread tends to be more active.

Hope you can make the trip and welcome to sunny California!

Welcome Ashley! :yay:
I have a daughter named Brianne who is turning 26 on Friday princess:

I just wanted to say HI to everyone and mention that I am super excited for our trip. We spent the weekend in San Diego and went to Sea World. And I found a gift for the M&G. It's pretty out-there. I am sure it will make the recipient laugh! :)

Good morning, ladies!!

We love seattle. We've used citypass while visiting and think it's a good deal! http://www.citypass.com/seattle
I looked into that last night and it sounds like it might be worth checking out further! Have you done the attractions it includes? Are they fun?

Sounds like a Seattle Diva trip is in order! Hotels are just so expensive there. Does someone local want to host a sleepover weekend? I can bring sleeping bags!
Aw, that would be awesome!!

Too bad the next time I go to WA I'll have the entire family in tow. lol Well, not really too bad.... I'm excited to show the kids some of the things we did.

Woogio!!! :banana:

Yes. I called the Garden Walk Cheesecake Factory and they stop taking reservations at 5:30 p.m. so if you want a reservation you'd have to make it for earlier. But, you aren't a very large group, and it is on a weeknight, so I'm thinking if you just show up, you won't have too long of a wait.

I just wanted to say HI to everyone and mention that I am super excited for our trip. We spent the weekend in San Diego and went to Sea World. And I found a gift for the M&G. It's pretty out-there. I am sure it will make the recipient laugh! :)
I'm excited, too!! And, we love gifts that are out there. Well, I do anyway. ;) I think I might look down on the Strip to see if I can find something truly "unique" (tacky!) and wacky. Hopefully who ever gets my gift has a sense of humor. :rolleyes1

Hi, Ashley!!

Disney-Princesses-welcome-group.gif

Welcome to the DIS Divas. And, to SoCal. I live in Las Vegas now, but spent over 25 years living in the L.A. area.
We'd love to have you join us. I understand you aren't sure what you'll be doing at the end of February, but even if you can only make it out for a day or two, it will be fun and we have events planned every day.

If you have any further questions feel free to post here, or send me a PM if you prefer. :)

They are expensive! We always stay here, gets terrible reviews but we have never had an issue, the price is right and my kids love the pool:) http://www.qualityinnseattle.com/

I cannot officially take orders until season opens for sales for our area council, which is January 27....so think about it. :)
I'll have an order ready for you!

You are awesome Melody!:thumbsup2

I am signed up to go there as well. My flight lands at 4:20 so I'm hoping to make it in time.

Hi girls! I hope it's okay to join in, I'm Ashley and I'm 25!
Welcome Ashley!

I looked into that last night and it sounds like it might be worth checking out further! Have you done the attractions it includes? Are they fun?
Yes, we've done almost all of them!
Space Needle - fun to go up and a nice view, havn't done it at night yet:(
Pacific Science Center - our kids enjoy it, it's not too big, you're kids might be too old
Seattle Aquarium - Nice little aquarium
Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour (one-hour cruise)
Experience Music Project | Science Fiction Museum -haven't done either on yet
Option Ticket: Woodland Park Zoo OR The Museum of Flight - we love the zoo and have been quite a few times. We gone to the museum of Flight and really enjoyed it.

Yes, we've done almost all of them!
Space Needle - fun to go up and a nice view, havn't done it at night yet:(
Pacific Science Center - our kids enjoy it, it's not too big, you're kids might be too old
Seattle Aquarium - Nice little aquarium
Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour (one-hour cruise)
Experience Music Project | Science Fiction Museum -haven't done either on yet
Option Ticket: Woodland Park Zoo OR The Museum of Flight - we love the zoo and have been quite a few times. We gone to the museum of Flight and really enjoyed it.

Hmmm, I'll have to think it over a bit more. Some of those things I think the kids would enjoy and some I'm not too sure about. Have to price it out and see if it's worth it. Also, see if we'll have that much time in Seattle. We are doing other places like Forks/La Push, San Juan Island, Whidbey Island, etc. Plus driving the OR coast. This trip is already up to two weeks long. There's too much to do and see! LOL Thanks for the info though!!

My AP expires today.
My head is bowed.:(
:cool1:

Welcome!

Am I the only one worried about the M&G gifts? Some of you have a strange sense of humor.:rotfl:

I wish Disneyland was no so stingy with it's hours. They release them one week at a time and it's taking forever!

I called today to try and get a better idea of what the hours will be when we are there. Looks like DL and DCA during the week will be 10-8. And then on the weekend, DL will be 9-11 or even midnight and DCA 8-11. Or so she said. Why would DCA open earlier than DL? Because of Carsland?

Well, whatever. Sometimes they don't know what they are talking about, so I will just wait....impatiently. I just want to add the hours to the schedule. Plus we need to know park opening times for the group photo and such.

She also said Small World will be closed until Feb. 28, so yay, it will open just in time for our group ride! Also, the princesses have been moved to the Small World promenade area, which we knew, so hopefully it will still work to take our traditional tiara photo. :thumbsup2

If anyone has any spare m&g gift ideas floating around in their pretty little head, feel free to message me. I am kinda at a loss.

If anyone has any spare m&g gift ideas floating around in their pretty little head, feel free to message me. I am kinda at a loss.

I am sure you probably read this, but just in case you missed it, or in case anyone who read it when it was first posted has forgotten, I am reposting the exchange rules:

**Rules for Meet and Greet Exchange**
1. The exchange is optional. There are no sign-ups. If you want to participate, just bring a package. As in the past, it will be done "white elephant" style. With such a large group this year however, we reserve the right to limit the number of times a package can be "stolen" to save time.
2. Minimum dollar amount for this exchange is $20. Bring your exchange wrapped up in some sort of gift wrapping, gift bag, trash bag, whatever. Just so it's hidden. Do not put a name on it.
3. The exchange can consist of ANY beverage container. Examples would include coffee mugs, aluminum water bottles, beer mugs, wine glasses, etc. Make sure if your item is breakable that it's packaged securely.
4. Use your imagination! Have fun with this. It does not have to be Disney themed. In fact, we challenge you all to find something non-Disney. Keep our theme in mind when shopping. The more redneck, silly, funny, naughty, or unusual, the better. After all, we are all adults and we are there to have fun! :)

So, basically what each exchange gift must have is some sort of beverage container. Any thing you can drink out of will do, but the funnier the better. I bought one I liked, but it was only half the minimum dollar amount required, so I am going to fill the rest in with fillers. Those can be just about anything you want.

For example, I Googled redneck gifts online and found a couple fun ideas. One was for a redneck "tool box". It was basically a beer, a roll of duct tape and some WD40. Heck, all useful if you ask me! :thumbsup2

I saw Walmart had a 2013 Outhouse calendar. I thought that would be pretty funny, too. If you have any gag stores near you, they might have something. Or someone else mentioned searching on Amazon.

If all else fails and you are truly stumped, you can pick a nice Disney mug and supplement it with a Disney gift card. We are going for humor, not to offend or upset anyone with our theme. But, if anyone wants to play along and isn't comfortable purchasing certain items, you can go a more traditional Disney route.

Same thing with the costumes. You can dress in any manner you feel comfortable, whether that is considered redneck, hill billy, country western, whatever. We just want everyone to have a fun time! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter