DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jess! Good to see you! :goodvibes

Here are some more ladies who I received checks from yesterday. :)

Pam K.
Lisa D.
Laurie E.
SarahMay
Heather S.
Bridget R.
Jodi N.

Thank you so much! :flower3:

Still trying to contact Patty, Rose Taylor, Kit Adams and Karisa to make sure they have seen my messages. :confused3

Good morning, ladies!!

It's November 6!! :cool1: No, I'm not excited about the election... lol But, in one month Ruben and I will be on our way to Washington. I'm happy and nervous. :rolleyes: Happy, because obviously I'm going on vacation. One that I've wanted to take for many years. But nervous because of the plane. Ugh.
Whatever. I'm trying not to think about it. It's stupid, I know. What can I say... I'm a dork! :upsidedow

Have a great day, everyone!

Allo. I'm trying to stop by when I can. And Vanessa has been giving me reminders and telling me I must do the stocking exchange this time around, lol. I think she brings it up anytime we work together, lol.
LOL Got your sign up! :thumbsup2

Hey hey.....what a past week or so I've had. Halloween, work, being sick, having a friend pass in his sleep at the age of 35. I've been a bit overwhelmed lately so I haven't been popping in so much. Hope everyone is doing well.
Hey, Kerri. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. That's so young. Very sad. :sad2:

We'll have to try and meet up at WDW for a quickie Diva photo. LOL

Definitely! I think we're tentatively planning to be at Disney Studios on the same day. I'll PM you my number and you can text me.

Good morning, ladies!!

But, in one month Ruben and I will be on our way to Washington. I'm happy and nervous. :rolleyes: Happy, because obviously I'm going on vacation. One that I've wanted to take for many years. But nervous because of the plane. Ugh.
Whatever. I'm trying not to think about it. It's stupid, I know. What can I say... I'm a dork! :upsidedow

I'm lucky enough to have no fear of flying, but I travel a lot with my uncle and he used to have to sit in the bar and get "really happy" before he could get on a plane - and then sleep the whole way! He's better now, so it eventually goes away. Doesn't help for this time, I know. :hug: Maybe treat yourself to something special for hopping on that plane - a Disney book or torrid romance you've been wanting to read???

I would like to celebrate with you!!! Congrats on your last chemo treatment!!! I'm now over 12 years cancer free. Enjoy your ice cream ... and I'll have some in your honor! party:party:party:

Linda, that is wonderful news about being cancer free for 12 years. So encouraging!

One of our other Divas, Sameyam/Alison has been cancer free for some time too. :goodvibes

You ladies all deserve to celebrate and eat ice-cream all day long! party:

Thank you for the encouragement. It always makes me feel:hug::grouphug:when I hear about long-term cancer survivors.

And I am personally trying to save the ice cream industry from the economy!:rotfl2:

Hey hey.....what a past week or so I've had. Halloween, work, being sick, having a friend pass in his sleep at the age of 35. I've been a bit overwhelmed lately so I haven't been popping in so much. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm so sorry about your friend.

Thanks all, it was a major shock and so unexpected to everyone. I talked to him daily on FB (we sent PM's) and played multiple games with him on my phone, he is greatly missed.
Yesterday after work I hit up Target, got some good stuff on clearance at 70% off! Not a lot left, some costumes and a few small decor items but I grabbed what I liked and brought it home. :)
Tonight I need to go get Revolution for the dog and pay bills.....*sigh*. lol
Melody, check is in the mail today. :)

Oh, boss is still out of the office.....which makes it really hard for me during the day because I have to cover for him as well as do my stuff. It isn't fun for me but it sure makes the day go by fast! LOL

Melody, thanks for letting us know you received our money. :)

Kerri, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. :sad1:

My DD is headed to WDW with her friends tomorrow. I wish I was going with. Her best friend is a CM there. They were all in the CP together and some of her friends who have graduated have gone back. They are staying at the Art of Animation in a suite so am excited to hear how they like it and I am hoping she takes lots of pics. :thumbsup2

Happy Election Day! All the people I have talked to are glad it is almost over!

I'm lucky enough to have no fear of flying, but I travel a lot with my uncle and he used to have to sit in the bar and get "really happy" before he could get on a plane - and then sleep the whole way! He's better now, so it eventually goes away. Doesn't help for this time, I know. :hug: Maybe treat yourself to something special for hopping on that plane - a Disney book or torrid romance you've been wanting to read???
Hmmmm, maybe now is the time to finally break down and read "Fifty Shades of Gray". LOL

Drive by Hi! :moped:

Hi, Sarah! Good to see you here, and thanks for bringing in page 100 for us. :thumbsup2

Thanks all, it was a major shock and so unexpected to everyone. I talked to him daily on FB (we sent PM's) and played multiple games with him on my phone, he is greatly missed.
So sad. You just never know, right? I guess this is a good lesson to get out there and do what you want in life, and not let anything stop you or scare you. (like flying in my case!) Because you never know when your time is up. :(

My DD is headed to WDW with her friends tomorrow. I wish I was going with. Her best friend is a CM there. They were all in the CP together and some of her friends who have graduated have gone back. They are staying at the Art of Animation in a suite so am excited to hear how they like it and I am hoping she takes lots of pics. :thumbsup2
How fun!! Hope she has a great time. :wizard:

Hey Jill, good to see you around here! What do you hear from Daisy and the MA ladies?

Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days... but if you've been on facebook, you've see all the pictures we've been posting from WDW! Daisy, Carol, Vicki and I did MouseAdventure on Saturday, but no results have been posted, and we were too exhausted to go to the results at 10pm that night. But... we saw some MA staff at Downtown Disney on Monday and found out we got 7th place!! Really 5th place, because 2 of the teams ahead of us are Masters teams which means they've won 3 times and don't technically get to compete anymore. We actually completed every quest, but think we got 1 wrong, still trying to figure out which one. And missed a few I-Spys, but overall did GREAT!!!

Beth~ Could you please change my attending dates to Thursday thru Saturday. I'm needing to stay within a budget because I'm getting hitched in March :) and since we're paying for everything ourselves, I'm trying not to spend tons of money.

Congrats, Katie!!

Working on my ears so I can PM - LOL
Keep posting, you can do it! Try and catch up to me. :rolleyes1 :lmao: Good to see you here, Cynthia!

But... we saw some MA staff at Downtown Disney on Monday and found out we got 7th place!! Really 5th place, because 2 of the teams ahead of us are Masters teams which means they've won 3 times and don't technically get to compete anymore. We actually completed every quest, but think we got 1 wrong, still trying to figure out which one. And missed a few I-Spys, but overall did GREAT!!!
I said it on FB, but it's worth saying again.... You guys did awesome!!!!! :yay:

Regarding tiaras.... I went to Claire's over the weekend and saw some for about $25! That is more than I thought they were because some beautiful ones at Disneyland were "only" in the low 30's. Suggestions, or is that just how much they cost? I don't know if they come in sizes or not. Alternatively, would a blingy hairband work instead??

Good morning, ladies! Happy Hump Day!

Regarding tiaras.... I went to Claire's over the weekend and saw some for about $25! That is more than I thought they were because some beautiful ones at Disneyland were "only" in the low 30's. Suggestions, or is that just how much they cost? I don't know if they come in sizes or not. Alternatively, would a blingy hairband work instead??
I bought mine from Claire's for $6, regular price, not on sale. Ask the sales associate if they have any cheaper. Or check Walmart's wedding/craft section. Or the toy section at Target and even the Dollar Store. I wouldn't pay more than $10 anywhere you go and even that is pushing it.

I actually bought another one from the dollar spot at Target after I bought my one from Claire's and I like my dollar one better. lol It's bigger so it shows up better in the photos and it's actually more comfortable. Go figure. Of course, up close you can tell it's cheap looking, but in the pics, it looks good.

Good morning!

Well I am finally ready to get the sweatshirt order in.
Six different styles, two different colors and then you add in all the sizes to each category and it makes for some nervousness. LOL! I've gone through it over and over to make sure it is right. :thumbsup2
I'm not complaining at all, just stating facts. ::yes::

Then I'm going to see the new restaurant my son Derrick has been frantically getting ready to open. He has been in charge of the design, decorating and so on. It officially opened yesterday, so I am excited to see what he has done to help out. If I can, I will post some pictures. (That's a big if.) :rotfl:

And now that he is done with that project, I can hound him for the completion of the new tee for next year. :rolleyes1 He has been so stressed about that restaurant, that I didn't even say anything to him about the design. And I need to get him in between projects, cuz the owners are putting in a huge complex in Kettleman City right now, and he is helping with the design on that. Geesh.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter