DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you send out the pm about the sweatshirts yet .... did I miss it??? :confused3
Yes I did, and you were on the list. Hmm? I wonder if it got lost in space? I'm going back to recheck my PMs and see if there is another Grumpy Grandma.:worried:

There is another "grumpygrandma", with lower case letters! :(

If she is current, and checks her PMs, she is going to wonder what in the world is going on. :laughing: I just PMd her back to tell her to disregard my messages. :sad2:

Happy Halloween everyone!! Hope everyone has some fun plans for tonight. We are going to mom's as usual. They have a really fun neighborhood where they get a hay cart and all the kids ride it around the street. They usually have one house where everyone gathers an they have treats. It is fun. Course my kids are getting to the age where they probably won't be doing it much longer but I think we have a couple more years. :) Then we just get to sit back and watch the kids who come to get candy. ;)

Was on hold for a half hour this morning but got my ressies for NYE. Mom and I are taking Katy to BB for her birthday. It was going to be my ex and dad going but now it is just mom the girls and I so I sure hope she can make it till midnight!! We are staying off property a ways and have to drive the car so if she decides to leave it could be a problem LOL. I'm excited though and can't wait. 60 days!!

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Halloween, everyone! I still have to go out and buy candy today. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?

Bernice - that gold crown may have photographed badly as the "blue" one is actually silver. LOL

Today I will be rotting in laundry hell. Even though the spouse brought home all the laundry with him from Vegas and was home all day yesterday he didn't do even one load. He also set his hamper out in the hall (from his bathroom) indicating that he needed laundry done. SIGH. Yes, he's on my poop list today. LOL

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Kelly, did you buy your tickets for the Disney exhibit at the Ronald Reagan library yet?

For the Earl of Sandwich fans: http://www.*******************.com/earl-of-sandwich-officially-opens-november-2nd/

Morning all. Hope everyone had a fun night last night. Saw lots of fun pics on FB.

We went to mom's but my parents were gone till late Tues night and we didn't know what was happening and this is the first year since the girls were babies that they didn't do the hay ride. One of our neighbors where it usually starts had a haunted house that the girls thought was fun but we ended up just driving them around (big street with LOOONG driveways) But then one of Katy's friends from cheer called and they invited us to meet up so we went over there and it was fun going around with them. And the best news is we had a big storm coming in and it held off till literally right when we got in the car to come home LOL.

Back to the chaos today though. Katy has her last cheer practice of the regular season tonight and then tomorrow is the last HS football game although I don't think Katy is going to go because we have a cheer comp that we have to be up super early on Sat for and we are going to be there ALLLL day. Then Sunday she is doing another 5K up in Apple Hill. So going to be a busy but hopefully fun weekend.

We have every weekend booked now for almost the rest of Nov. We have a cheer fundraiser both days next weekend, the harvest festival and going to see Breaking Dawn the following and then of course it is thanksgiving and we are hoping to go to my parent's place in Truckee. And katy is doing the run to feed the hungry thanksgiving morning. So LOTS going on!!

Trudi no I haven't bought the tickets. Probably going to buy them in a week or two. I will let you know when I do and how it all worked. ;)

Hope everyone had fun last night and has a good rest of the week!

For the Earl of Sandwich fans: http://www.*******************.com/earl-of-sandwich-officially-opens-november-2nd/

Nothing to do with Earl of Sandwich but I do have the F&W card for you .... it's the little one that you put on your wrist. :thumbsup2

ok, thanks Kelly.
We had a great Halloween with 238 kids! The most ever. I took down the graveyard last night because I'm always worried about theives. Now everything need to be put away in the shed. A job for Saturday. I've got so much stuff that I didn't put it all out. Iy's time to go through everything and get rid of the stuff I never use anymore which means I'll have room for a few new things that I hope to find tonight 1/2 price.

Nothing to do with Earl of Sandwich but I do have the F&W card for you .... it's the little one that you put on your wrist. :thumbsup2

Sweet! I love those! I'm sure we can find a time and place to meet up. I'm in the Natomas area and frequent the WalMart/HoDepot, Target and Safeway shopping areas. A lot. LOL PM me if you want to meet for Starbucks or something!

Hi ladies!!

It feels like forever since I've been over here. I'm sure it hasn't been that long but I usually check in here daily. We just got so busy with Halloween that I haven't had time.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well, and had a fun, spooky Halloween. We had a great time. Scared a lot of kids, passed out a ton of candy! OMG. It's getting so expensive. I spent around $100 on candy! I know some of you probably spend more, but for us that's a lot of moola! lol But, it was fun and the neighborhood has come to expect our decorations and look forward to them. All day as we were setting up, we had people driving by stop and talk to us, which is a big deal in this rather anti-social area. LOL

Well, have a good night, ladies! TTYL :)

238 kids???? We only had 22. :( Gone are the days of over 100 kids for here. By the looks of the mall yesterday, that is why no one is showing up at houses. The mall was soooo busy! It was nice to take Seth there for his first year, as it was freezing yesterday, but I think next year we will start taking him outside the old fashioned way!

Beth your decorations looked amazing! Wow! You guys did a great job. And $100 on candy???? Wow! We spent about $20 and still had 3/4's of it left over, lol.

:wave:

Passing through to say hi before I head off to bed.
My Noah stayed home today, poor kid has no voice and sniffle sniffle cough cough.. gee Noah you're so ahhhh quiet today... He wasn't amused at my lame attempt at finding humor in a situation. Though I hear him now all raspy voiced chatting on skype in his room.

The booger has spread his germ infestedness to me, aaaahhh chooo. noooooooooooo I am a very grumpy person when I am sick (thankfully it's rare that I am sick) hoping it goes away fast! I've been feeling out of sorts and just "meh" .. I gave up on getting anything done today and read, watched my silly shows on netflix and dabbled on Pinterest. I motivated long enough to throw something together for dinner.

I really do need to clean, MIL, SIL and her little guy are coming to visit on Saturday - just for the day. Our place is sooooo not toddler proofed! He will keep us busy!

Goodnight!

pumpkin-decorating-painted.jpg

238 kids???? We only had 22. :( Gone are the days of over 100 kids for here. By the looks of the mall yesterday, that is why no one is showing up at houses. The mall was soooo busy! It was nice to take Seth there for his first year, as it was freezing yesterday, but I think next year we will start taking him outside the old fashioned way!

Beth your decorations looked amazing! Wow! You guys did a great job. And $100 on candy???? Wow! We spent about $20 and still had 3/4's of it left over, lol.

You beat us .... we had no kids! Of course maybe that's because we live in a gated retirement community!!! :rotfl2:

Just saying Hello! I don't post on DIS very often but I try to check in every few errrr :scared: months?? :sad2: Shameful I know.

Noticed this posted on pinterest and thought oooo I bet I can make it much better looking. Perhaps not painted with gold and maybe some Disney-esque touches?
(The blue looks pretty, not so crazy about the gold.. or maybe it just photographed badly?)

lace_crown_tutorial+043-1.JPG

Here is the link to make it -- in the microwave! princess:

Those are really cool, I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks!

Hi everyone! It's been way too long since I checked in here. Things are just busy busy busy over here! I have two jobs, Bath & Body Works and The Disney Store.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm spending as any logical 24 year old would: going to the movies to see Wreck it Ralph. ;)
We're going to dinner nearby at the Six Restaurant; I read a good review about it in AAA Westways as well as on Yelp.

Hope you're all doing well.

Morning ladies!

Bernice, those crowns are really pretty. Hope you get better soon. I have had the raspy voice and sniffles myself. Then last night I had heartburn. Kept me up into the morning hours. :sad2:

Cristabel, so happy you have some jobs! Hope they are going good for you. :thumbsup2
Happy Birthday a day early to you! :cake::bday::cake:

Linda, No kids either. But we live in the country, with just a few neighbors near by. :goodvibes

Hey Jill, good to see you around here! What do you hear from Daisy and the MA ladies?

Happy birthday Crista!!! You are getting so old. I remember the day when you were barely 19 ;).

Beth~ Your house always sounds awesome. I bet it looks great in person.

LisaCat said:
Sweet! I love those! I'm sure we can find a time and place to meet up. I'm in the Natomas area and frequent the WalMart/HoDepot, Target and Safeway shopping areas. A lot. LOL PM me if you want to meet for Starbucks or something!

Just an FYI Lisa, I sent out the gift cards a couple days ago so you should get them soon :).

Mel~ I loathe heartburn especially when you lay down to sleep...UGH.

To all the ladies :wave: . I've really missed all the interaction on here and FB :( But life is just so darn busy lately!

Beth~ Could you please change my attending dates to Thursday thru Saturday. I'm needing to stay within a budget because I'm getting hitched in March :) and since we're paying for everything ourselves, I'm trying not to spend tons of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter