DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies. I'm behind as usual plus my computer broke so I only have my phone right now which makes it harder to keep up.

On top of my computer breaking, this last week has been pretty awful. I was given 1 week notice to move, Laila got lice at daycare, I got in a car accident and something really awful happened over the weekend but I rather not talk about it on the thread or FB. The positives are that the car accident wasn't my fault & Cliff has been a great support & we are now moving in together.

Also it's my sons b-day tomorrow and I totally forgot & haven't planned anything yet...bad mom!

I still hope I'll be able to meet up with some of Divas next weekend. I'm also hoping I'll be able to WDW next month. The trip isn't looking too good at this point.
Hey Miss Katie.
Um, wow. That is a helluva lot going on! I'm sorry your computer broke. That sucks. And, I'm sorry Laila got lice. What a pain in the butt. I can say that because I've been through it with the twins....three times!!! :crazy2: But, if you're diligent, it will go away quickly.

How can they legally give you one week to move?? That's not right.

I'm sorry about the car accident, but thankful you are ok. :hug: And, I'm glad to hear that Cliff is being so wonderful. Moving in together is a big step....best wishes to you both!! :goodvibes

As for your son, give him cash. He'll be happy. ;)

I only have a 4 day window each two weeks that I can eat fresh fruits and veggies due to chemo, and today is the last day of my "window", so probably a huge salad and fruit for dessert.:thumbsup2
Hmm, that's actually probably what I should eat, too.... :rolleyes1

Do you have a BJs restaurant near you? They are having their party for two special right now. For $19 you get salad or soup for two, a medium specialty pizza, and a pizookie. Their pizzas are so good, and filling! I think I'll make something for the kids, and then Ruben and I will have that.

You should make the belly dancing costume! You can do it and just think how awesome it would look. :thumbsup2

I can do it, but it's going to be a lot of work and a lot of materials, but I think it might be fun! So I think I'll start trying to figure that out. We don't have a BJ's close enough to make it worth it. But that is a great deal!

Tough Mudder is Saturday - I am getting nervous! We had to cancel our hotel reservations since we cannot fit it in the budget right now, which means we lose about 12 hours of acclemating (spelling?) to the elevation. :faint:

I have a friend who is signed up for the Tough Mudder, I think he's planning to go up and back in the same day too. He lives in Davis.

Hello ladies. I'm behind as usual plus my computer broke so I only have my phone right now which makes it harder to keep up.

On top of my computer breaking, this last week has been pretty awful. I was given 1 week notice to move, Laila got lice at daycare, I got in a car accident and something really awful happened over the weekend but I rather not talk about it on the thread or FB. The positives are that the car accident wasn't my fault & Cliff has been a great support & we are now moving in together.

Also it's my sons b-day tomorrow and I totally forgot & haven't planned anything yet...bad mom!

I still hope I'll be able to meet up with some of Divas next weekend. I'm also hoping I'll be able to WDW next month. The trip isn't looking too good at this point.

Sorry you're having such a crummy time right now, hang in there and it will get better!! I was wondering about the 1 week notice as well, how can they do that??

:thumbsup2Thank you for the warm welcome! It looks like I may be able to get the purple shirt and possibly the pink one, but it may look like a dress on me!

The video was pretty fun to make. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Dinner tonight??? I only have a 4 day window each two weeks that I can eat fresh fruits and veggies due to chemo, and today is the last day of my "window", so probably a huge salad and fruit for dessert.:thumbsup2

mmmm that sounds good! I had a salad for lunch.

{{{HUGS}}} Katie! :hug:

Hugs to you Katie :hug: I hope things get better. Like Beth said, moving in together is a big step - good luck :goodvibes

Kerri~ From Davis would tack an extra 1 hour each way - that stinks :( I hope your friend has fun. I am sure we will have a good time, but we will probably pass out once we get home.

hg078.gif

Katie I am so sorry about all your troubles.

We finally had to deal with lice this year. My kids made it all the way through elementary and then Shelby got it at the end of last school year and proceeded to give it to Katy. But like Beth said if you are really good about putting everything up, in the drier whatever and treat them 2 or 3 times it should work. I know what a nightmare it is though. We were sleeping on just the matresses with just a top sheet for a few days while everything was in the wash and then almost EVERYTHING else was bagged up for 3 weeks (overkill LOL). Also the health food stores have this really good natural oil, I think Tea Tree that is really good and they hate it. Good luck.

And I agree 1 week is not legal. How are they doing that?? THat is nuts. Glad you have a good place to go!

I didn't read back any further but welcome to the new ladies. I have been swamped with the kids school and activities so not much time to read. Hope all is well with everyone else!!

Katie~ Happy birthday to your kiddo! Give him money & take him to dinner. He'll be happy! Sorry about your craptastic luck this week. 1 week that is flippen crazy! I'm glad Cliff is there for you!

:wave2:

This is me hoping you take me back. I've been MIA for soooo long. I've been reading up on facebook but haven't been on the DIS in quite awhile. It's funny how life just seems to get in the way of the things you enjoy. I hope that you all are well.

Katie, I'm sorry that things have been tough for you lately. I hope it gets better soon.

Mel, shirts....too late? Send me a PM if not.

It looks like you guys are going to have a great turnout this trip. As the time gets closer, I lean more and more towards trying come. I won't know to last minute but hopefully some of you that offered up a corner to sleep in will still be willing.

Jen, good luck on the run. Sounds like a lot of fun......if I ran. I' sure you'll do great.

Take care everyone!!!

Katie - WOAH. That's a lot of crap to take in a week. Glad Clif is being a great support to you :hug:

I've been gone for too long and feel so out of the loop. But I guess it's not such a big deal since the trip is seemingly becoming more and more unlikely for me. :worried:
This is my third week with no work and no promise of future work. I'm applying to anywhere that's hiring but nothing has come through yet. Kinda down in the dumps.

This is me hoping you take me back. I've been MIA for soooo long. I've been reading up on facebook but haven't been on the DIS in quite awhile. It's funny how life just seems to get in the way of the things you enjoy. I hope that you all are well.
Hi Jodi! Good to see you here. I hope you are able to make it. I'm sure there's a corner or bath tub for you somewhere. lol

I've been gone for too long and feel so out of the loop. But I guess it's not such a big deal since the trip is seemingly becoming more and more unlikely for me. :worried:
This is my third week with no work and no promise of future work. I'm applying to anywhere that's hiring but nothing has come through yet. Kinda down in the dumps.

I'm sorry. It's frustrating, isn't it? But, hang in there. You'll find something, I know it! In the meantime, the trip is still a long ways off. Don't worry about it just yet. :wizard:

I'm borrowing this hug from Capri for you too!! Love, Mel

Katie, I'm sorry that things have been tough for you lately. I hope it gets better soon.

It looks like you guys are going to have a great turnout this trip. As the time gets closer, I lean more and more towards trying come. I won't know to last minute but hopefully some of you that offered up a corner to sleep in will still be willing.

Jen, good luck on the run. Sounds like a lot of fun......if I ran. I' sure you'll do great.

Take care everyone!!!
LOL! I for one am hoping you can make it at the last minute if need be. YAY!

And I have not taken any orders for next year's shirt yet. That will be coming up around the holidays. Yeah.... I know....one more thing to think about. :scared:

The shirt design is coming along pretty good. I've seen the basic rough sketch, and had Derrick make a few small changes. But all in all, it's what I am looking for. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes It sure is handy having someone in the family that can draw, and is patient with their Mom. :p :hyper:::yes::

I hope to reveal the image when I am down there next week! It won't be the finished product yet, but at least some of you can see what is going on. :thumbsup2

Katie - WOAH. That's a lot of crap to take in a week. Glad Clif is being a great support to you :hug:

Aw.... I hope something comes through soon. Things should pick up with the holidays coming!

Take care everyone!!!

JODI!!! :cool1::cool1: Yes - you have to come and the offer still stands!! Hope it works out!

I haven't been on a lot but I am hoping the people talking about shirts are talking about last years and not this years right? I know Mel said she hasn't even released the design yet but wasn't sure if she was taking orders for the shirts themselves? Just want to make sure I am still in the loop LOL

I haven't been on a lot but I am hoping the people talking about shirts are talking about last years and not this years right? I know Mel said she hasn't even released the design yet but wasn't sure if she was taking orders for the shirts themselves? Just want to make sure I am still in the loop LOL
Kelly, the only orders I have been taking are from last year.

So no worries! :goodvibes

So I am leaving for Vegas baby, in a few hours!!! :cool1: We will be at the Mandalay Bay. :goodvibes

The DHs will be at the Barrett Jackson auction and my dear friend and I
will be relaxing by the pool with umbrella drink and book in hand. :cloud9:

We always get chairs by the lazy river, and the cabanas. So all day long we "people watch" the rafters float by, and partiers at the cabanas. It really is quite fun! :laughing:

Thanks Mel. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something LOL.

Your Vegas trip sounds so fun and relaxing. Have a GREAT time!

Hello, ladies!! :)

Mel, sounds like a fun time!! No better place than Vegas for people watching, that's for sure! I'm glad we decided to wait and meet up when we are both in DL. I don't want to take you away from that umbrella drink and comfy pool chair. LOL (I know I wouldn't want to leave that!!!) Enjoy!
Oh, and I can't wait to learn more about the shirt design. :hyper:

I hope everyone has a happy hump day!

This day next week I will be going to Disneyland!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I can't wait to see friends, go on rides, check out Carsland for the first time, and take in all the Halloween fun. :goodvibes

I feel your pain. I've been out of work for 8 months. Try not to get down, and keep yourself busy. I apply for everything I can find every week day, help out my parents and spend weekends hiking (it's free and fun and great exercise). Keeping active helps avoid depression for me. And something will come up, it has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter