DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon, ladies! I hope you are all doing well. This weekend is going by too fast!
Just wanted to pop in and say hello! :)

Did I hear someone mention packing??? Time to bring out the packing list! You're welcome. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Annual Pass
Baby powder
Bath puff
Belt
Body lotion
Body spray
Body wash
Bras
Camera/memory card
Camera back up batteries
Cash
Cell phone
Chargers: music player, camera, phone, etc.
Clothing (coordinate with daily schedule of what to wear and when)
Conditioner
Contact lenses/case/solution
Credit cards/ATM card
Curlers/curling iron
Dental floss
Deodorant
Downey wrinkle releaser
Drivers license/passport
Earplugs for those with snoring roommates
Envelopes for maid's tips
Exchange gift & packaging
Extra suitcase for souvenirs
Eyeglasses
Face cleansing cloths/make-up remover pads
First aid kit (band-aids, antibiotic cream, hydrogen peroxide)
Gloves/hat for cold evenings
Gum/mints
Hair Dryer
Hair spray
Hand sanitizer
Hangers (there's never enough in hotel rooms)
Important papers: flight info, hotel info, transportation info, trip notes, etc.
Jacket/hoodie
Jewelry
Lanyard
Laptop/cord/battery
Lysol spray (travel size) or wipes for germy hotel rooms
Magazine/book
Make-up bag
Medicine (airborne, vitamins, aspirin/tylenol, immodium, pepto, cough drops, nyquil/dayquil, antacids, personal prescriptions)
Meet and Greet costume/accessories
Mini flashlight
Mouthwash
Music player and earphones
Nail clippers and file
Pen/paper
Perfume
Permanent marker
Pillow (small blanket too if you don't like hotel bedding or for plane travel)
Ponytail holders/hair clips
Power strip (especially for those with several roommates)
Purse/wallet/backpack/tote/fanny pack
Q-tips/cotton balls
Rain poncho for water rides
Razor
Room deodorizer for hotel bathroom (your roomies will thank you!)
Room supplies: Water, Drinks, Snacks, etc.
Safety pins
Scavenger Hunt team accessories/supplies
Sense of humor and adventure!!!
Shampoo
"Shark Week" supplies if needed
Shaving cream
Shoes
Sign for hotel room door and tape
Sleepwear
Slippers
Snacks for Meet and Greet buffet table
Soap
Socks
Static guard
Sticky notes
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Swimsuit for any late night jacuzzi runs
Tiara
Tissues
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Trash bag for dirty laundry
Tweezers
Umbrella
Underwear
Vaseline (for lips/hands in dry hotel rooms)
Wallet
Watch
Wet Ones hand wipes
Ziplock baggies

Anyone getting in on Wednesday at 3 PM ish? I don't mind the shuttle but I also have a great Limo connection that is pretty cheap from SNA. Makes sense with about 5 of us to share. Just PM me if you are interested.

The Limo can hold as many as 14.

Tracey

Also I go home Sunday evening, so sharing that way would work too.

I can vouch for Tracey's awesome limo connection. I would do it again this year if I wasn't getting in 3 hours before her. LOL

Tracey - what time do you leave on Sunday?

Good afternoon, ladies! I hope you are all doing well. This weekend is going by too fast!
Just wanted to pop in and say hello! :)

Did I hear someone mention packing??? Time to bring out the packing list! You're welcome. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

So if we forget anything, Beth probably has it. LOL :lmao:

I quit coloring my hair last year. So I may look a little different this time around. But since I wear a hat most of the time, it just doesn't matter. LOL
Much easier for blondes to quit.

Not so easy for dark hair. :worried:

I refuse to gray for a long long time. :snooty:

Beth, thanks for the list. I have already started to set stuff aside. But I will also be packing for two trips back to back. :goodvibes
Leave on Thursday the 21st for San Diego. Stay a few days with Dave for a huge car swap meet. My BIL and SIL will be with us. She and I will go shopping and stuff like that while the guys are doing their thing. Sunday the 24th, Dave is dropping me off at my Dad's who lives in San Diego. Stay with him a couple of nights, then go to my brother's in Oceanside Tuesday night. The next day he will be bringing me back up to DL for the ladies trip. Woo hoo! :yay:

Well tomorrow marks the day for the huge fundraiser that we do every year for the kid's school. If any of you remember, we will be selling almost $195,000.00 in steak sandwiches in just three days at the World Agricultural Expo. It makes me tired just thinking about it. :faint: But it is fun at the same time. We meet lots of people from all over the US and the world. I'm going to look for something to wear to our "redneck" party while there. Should be lots to pick from. :rotfl:

Yikes! It's getting so close! I have all of the materials for our door sign... poster board and foam board and letters and glitter, just don't have time to make it! Soon.

Ahhh, Monday. You're here again. I hope everyone had a good weekend.
This is going to be a busy week. Just lots of "stuff" going on. The biggest is Adam is going go have surgery on Friday for his hernia. I am nervous, but I don't want to post that on Facebook. I don't want to worry him. :sad2: But, I am trying not to think about it right now. I don't like the thought of him going under. :(
Anyway...

Mel, wow, you have a lot going on! Oh. Wait. You always have a lot going on!! LOL San Diego sounds fun. Sun, surf, shopping. You'll have a great time. Good luck selling those sandwiches.

Everyone else, take care and have a good day!

Ah yes dreaded monday. We have been playing the rounds with sick people here. Katy was sick twice now shelby has it and I have been fighting it off just getting mild doses but it never seems to skip me completely LOL.

We have the SAME thing here Beth. Cheer has really amped up because we only have a few weeks left so back to 3 days a week plus sundays till we leave. Then shelby's basketball has gone from 2 to 3 days plus work, plus everything else.

I will keep Adam in my prayers. I know that must be so tough having your baby having surgery.

Mel you sound busy as usual but it sounds like you have fun stuff going on as well. Can't wait to see you and everyone else in a few weeks!!

We just made plans for our summer vacay. No disney this year but instead we are flying to St Louis where my mom was born as she wants to see where she lived and see where her dad was born. He was born in 1889 and there are no recorded birth certs from back then so she doesn't know much about his family. So we are going to see the arch and grant's farm as well as her old stomping grounds. Then drive through kentucky and W Virginia and go to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in VA for some history and then start heading down the coast and go to Virginia Beach, the Outer Banks NC and all the way to Charleson SC. Possibly even a day in Savannah GA. So we are really excited. We got that great deal on airfare for our first leg now we just have to get our return tickets out of Charleston. We are leaving in June so I am super excited to do more planning.

We also decided we should call RCI about getting a timeshare on property for our 14 DW trip. Good thing we did too. We aren't planning on going till thanksgiving week in 14 which is almost 2 years away and they said we need to book NOW. We are hoping to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We have had our timeshare for years but have never tried to exchange into DVC so pretty excited.

Anyway that's it on my end other than I am still hobbling around. Been 3 weeks since I hurt my foot and I have good days and bad. Today it is swollen again and numb and aching so I have to take it easy. Then Katy fell down the stairs yesterday and tore up her leg. We are getting quite the rep for being clumsy LOL

Hope everyone has a great day and is getting excited!! 2 weeks from thurs we'll be there!!!!

Hello ladies! I finally booked my flight! :rotfl: I knew if I kept putting it off I just wouldnt do it. Then I would be all like.. oh well! anyways. Ill be ther friday and saturday. Now, do I need a tiara? For... what? or is that just for the meet and greet? Anything else I need to know? Im going to do some browsing around to see what I need to pick up for the trip.

Wow, Mel. You are one busy lady.

Does your brother want to go up to Disneyland with you (okay, who wouldn't?!) or is he just being kind and driving you up? I'll be going up on Wed. and I don't live far from Oceanside, so if you want me to pick you up, let me know. I have a station wagon, so lots of room for your luggage and t- shirts and whatever else you need to bring. I'd be happy to do it.

Hello ladies! I finally booked my flight! :rotfl: I knew if I kept putting it off I just wouldnt do it. Then I would be all like.. oh well! anyways. Ill be ther friday and saturday. Now, do I need a tiara? For... what? or is that just for the meet and greet? Anything else I need to know? Im going to do some browsing around to see what I need to pick up for the trip.

The tiaras are for the group photo, I think that's going to be Saturday morning. We all wear tiaras and smile prettily with the Princesses. :) I'm so excited. :)

I will keep Adam in my prayers. I know that must be so tough having your baby having surgery.
Thank-you, Kelly. That is nice of you. I do appreciate it.

I hope your sore foot continues to heal. And, I have to say, your summer plans sound like a lot of fun! Educational, too. I'd like to tour those places one day, especially Savannah. Enjoy the planning.

Much easier for blondes to quit.

Not so easy for dark hair. :worried:

I refuse to gray for a long long time. :snooty:
Me and you both! And I'll never get the "old Lady" haircut. LOL
Now, do I need a tiara? For... what? or is that just for the meet and greet? .
Yes you do, despite what some of the others say.:rotfl:
. The biggest is Adam is going go have surgery on Friday for his hernia. I am nervous, but I don't want to post that on Facebook. I don't want to worry him. :sad2: But, I am trying not to think about it right now. I don't like the thought of him going under. :(
Anyway...

!

Sending good thought and pixie dust to Adam. Hopefully he is not nervous.

Wow, Mel. You are one busy lady.

Does your brother want to go up to Disneyland with you (okay, who wouldn't?!) or is he just being kind and driving you up? I'll be going up on Wed. and I don't live far from Oceanside, so if you want me to pick you up, let me know. I have a station wagon, so lots of room for your luggage and t- shirts and whatever else you need to bring. I'd be happy to do it.
Chris, that is really kind of you. :goodvibes

Not sure what to tell you yet? Maybe my brother really wants to do it?

I will be talking to him soon, so I will get back to you.

Thanks! :hug:

Beth, is Adam's surgery, an in and out the same day kind? And I totally understand about your son going under. It is a mother's right to worry. But everything should be just fine. I will keep him in my prayers too. :angel:

Kelly, our family did the same thing as yours. Except we drove the whole way. I loved, loved Charleston and Savannah. So much, that Dave and I went back again for our 25 anniversary. :cloud9:
We also did Williamsburg, DC, New York, Philidelphia, Amish Country, Gettysburg, Niagra Falls and so on. We didn't do the Arch, as we went too far down south into San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans. We did a loop of the US. So much fun. I adore road trips! Dave and I just the other day talked about doing another trip. There is so much to see out there.
Have fun! :cool1:

Good morning, ladies!!

Megan, I am so glad you got your flight booked. I can't wait to see you again. It's been too long, girl!! :goodvibes

Kerri, I am so excited to wear my tiara, too. We totally need a tiara pic together. princess: princess:

Stacie, see how good you look in your tiara! Can't wait to see it on you in person. ;)

Hi, Chris! :wave: See you soon!

Sending good thought and pixie dust to Adam. Hopefully he is not nervous.
Thanks, Trudi. He doesn't seem nervous. I don't know for sure though. He hides it pretty well. I know it's been bothering him, so I think he just wants it done with.

Beth, is Adam's surgery, an in and out the same day kind? And I totally understand about your son going under. It is a mother's right to worry. But everything should be just fine. I will keep him in my prayers too. :angel:

Kelly, our family did the same thing as yours. Except we drove the whole way. I loved, loved Charleston and Savannah. So much, that Dave and I went back again for our 25 anniversary. :cloud9:
We also did Williamsburg, DC, New York, Philidelphia, Amish Country, Gettysburg, Niagra Falls and so on. We didn't do the Arch, as we went too far down south into San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans. We did a loop of the US. So much fun. I adore road trips! Dave and I just the other day talked about doing another trip. There is so much to see out there.
Have fun! :cool1:
Hi, Mel!! Good luck today with the sandwiches. Sell, sell, sell!
Thank you for the prayers for Adam. I have to call on Thursday to find out what time the surgery will be. Ruben is taking him, but I'm not sure if I should go or not. I might make it worse being all nervous and such. :guilty: When Ruben had his surgery, I started crying when the anesthesiologist came in to talk to him. :rolleyes: I don't want to do that with Adam!

I love road trips, too! Aren't they the best? There are so many neat things to see in the U.S.! We had a blast driving from CA to MI and then from MI to NV. We saw so many fun things, including the Arch. I'd love to go to Savannah one day. And, I think Adam would love the history around Williamsburg.

I am fine tuning our road trip for this June. We have so many different places booked. We'll be staying in everything from a regular hotel, to a cabin, a yurt, an RV, a rental home. I tried to make our overnight stays as varied and fun as possible. We love a good adventure in our family. :thumbsup2
We'll have to talk road trips when we are waiting for Fantasmic. LOL ;)

I am getting rather tired of going to doctors and having to have test. Geesh I am feeling great, look fine from the outside but it seems I am always at a doctors appt and having test. I had a mamo in Oct and mentioned I felt a lump or mass under my arm but she never really got into the area I felt. So when I had my annual exam I mentioned it to my doctor. She also felt it and said it was best to see a breast surgeon. So the other day while in the shower I did my own exam as I do monthly except this time I found a lump on the other side. So while at the surgeons I told her about them and she found them too. So now I get to have another mamo and u/s on both. I have to wait until next week for test then go back to see her day before trip. I hate that I can't just go to the doctors and they say your doing great see you in a year.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter