• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS DADS weightloss thread 2012

Hey guys!!

Keep up the good work!! I hope to be back on the weight-loss wagon soon!! I was using myfitnesspal to lose weight for our trip and I managed to lose 40lbs!!

Came back from the trip, and I had gained 4lbs back. Not too bad. A week later, I had gained another 3! :scared1:

Time to put the kabosh on that trend!! Following labor day weekend, DW and DD will start school, and hopefully I will have time to fit some exercise into my schedule and get back into a routine.

my new goal will be to lose another 15-20lbs by the end of the year. I am also going to shoot to run my town's 5K in November.

Keep working!! Keep Posting!!

I am on INSANITY workout program and have altered my nutrition. I plan to lose another 40 pounds before end of year. Already down 50.

I am on INSANITY workout program and have altered my nutrition. I plan to lose another 40 pounds before end of year. Already down 50.

Wow! that's great!! Keep it up!! Intrigued by Insanity, but not sure if I'm crazy enough. :rotfl2: Actually, not sure how my schedule is going to work out starting next month. If all is going well by October, then perhaps I'll give it a shot.

I have 5 weeks to bulk and tone, as per my DW request.

I have a pre-constructed workout plan, now that work has got a little more settled. I should be able to workout in the gym at work or at home.

I will be 47 in a week and my goal is to lose my age in weight by my 48th birthday. I am at about 255 now. I started back swimming Monday and Wednesdays (about 1.5 miles per swim) in June and have not seen any loss of weight. Any suggestions, I am thinking cardio 3 times a week and to focus more on restraining my consumption. Since I am in my 40's I do realize that I am not going to lose as quickly due to metabolism.

Any advice, especially on diet and restraint?

FYI my fitness activities are (note they are low impact):
biking (not just cruising, if I cruise with my kids I spin)
swimming (do a mile in about 20-25 minutes)
walking

I will be 47 in a week and my goal is to lose my age in weight by my 48th birthday. I am at about 255 now. I started back swimming Monday and Wednesdays (about 1.5 miles per swim) in June and have not seen any loss of weight. Any suggestions, I am thinking cardio 3 times a week and to focus more on restraining my consumption. Since I am in my 40's I do realize that I am not going to lose as quickly due to metabolism.

Any advice, especially on diet and restraint?

FYI my fitness activities are (note they are low impact):
biking (not just cruising, if I cruise with my kids I spin)
swimming (do a mile in about 20-25 minutes)
walking

The best site that I can recommend for diet and restraint is using a app/website call myfitnesspal. You can enter your weight, and how many pounds you want to safely lose per week (the site recommends 2 lbs per week). Once you start seeing how many calories a day you eat, it gets a lot easier to moderate your intake.

Matt

Hey if y'all are missing about 5 lbs... I found it... you can have it back.

I need to lose a few so I don't sink the Magic... or at least make it drift to one side. :lmao:

Woohoo!! Weighed in Friday afternoon and I was down to 193! Getting closer to my 175 goal!:thumbsup2

Matt

Hi guys, just noticed this thread and definitely wanted to join. My trip isn't until May (just came back from one) but definitely need to get down for both my trip and overall health. Just need to push myself. I'd like to be down by 50 pounds before the trip (more if I can) so I have a bit of time. I just need to push myself to get running again.

Little late to the party also but will update with my progress also!

Booked in for next AUG so I have lots of time but Id love to drop 40-50! ZOINKS!

house fire stressed me out. Been bad. Getting back on track tofay. Guys congrats to all of you for loosing the weight. :thumbsup2

Welcome to all the new guys!

Losing weight now days is very challenging, I have been working at it since January and Im down close to 30 lbs. My weight is yo yoing right around 200 for months. Some days Im down to 193 others its back up to 197.

Im counting calories like you wouldn't believe, and trying to run at least 3 miles 2 -3X a week. Its really hard because I travel alot for work, so eating out happens quite often.

Matt

Ok, I'm finally in. I was doing really well about eating smart and working out about a year ago, but then the holidays came and then we had a baby a few months later and any thought of working out has completely gone out the window since that time.

Right now I'm at 222, but would like to get back down to around 200, where I was a year ago. I've just been feeling tired lately and have been having some knee pain. I've always had problems with my left knee, but I'm sure taking 20 pounds or so off would help to some degree.

I've put it out there writing, so now I have to do it. :rolleyes1

48 lbs by 4/1/2013 equals 2 pounds per week. I am stating it here with the intent to make it happen. I should reward the family with a Spring Break trip to the world when I make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter