DIS DADS weightloss thread 2012

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
He guys starting to workout for my next trip to WDW, and because I need to. I was wondering if any of you guys want to start a weightloss/workout thread, to help support each other.

We dont have to tell each other our weight just each week or day we can say , Ive lost "x " lbs this week. we could cheer for each other ,support, and help us not snack on junk food while surfing the boards.

Goal: 50lbs by Dec 2012

Good luck! :cool1:

He guys starting to workout for my next trip to WDW, and because I need to. I was wondering if any of you guys want to start a weightloss/workout thread, to help support each other.

We dont have to tell each other our weight just each week or day we can say , Ive lost "x " lbs this week. we could cheer for each other ,support, and help us not snack on junk food while surfing the boards.

Goal: 50lbs by Dec 2012

Good luck! :cool1:

Good plan. My goal is 20lbs before the end of the year. Hopefully 5-7lbs before I go in Sept. :thumbsup2

Hey Guys!

I am happy to report that I am down about 25 lbs since the new year. However, since school let out, I have not been exercising as I was, but on the plus side, I have not gained any weight back either. I'm trying to get back in the swing this week, hopefully going to the Y tonight, either for a jog or swim or something.

Matt

I've been on this battle this year myself. Down 40 lbs from the start of the year. About half way to my goal. Hope to be down another 40 by the time I'm running in the half marathon in January.

I just started back working out couple weeks ago. Looks like there are not to many disdads wanting to loose weight and report in.

Congrats to all of you for loose so much weight. 20lbs is alot.
Its so hard to change your eatting habits.

i've been on this battle this year myself. Down 40 lbs from the start of the year. About half way to my goal. Hope to be down another 40 by the time i'm running in the half marathon in january.

thats awesome man 40lbs!!!

I just started back working out couple weeks ago. Looks like there are not to many disdads wanting to loose weight and report in.

Congrats to all of you for loose so much weight. 20lbs is alot.
Its so hard to change your eatting habits.

I'm using an app called myfitnesspal, which also has a website. You can track your caloric intake and everything from there. If you have a smart phone with a camera, you can track it by using the UPC, and everything pops up automagically. Works great!

I went out and jogged 2 miles this morning in a little over 20 minutes. It had been a while since I ran, but it felt good to get out and going!

Matt

I did back and triceps today, 18 sets.
Then did eliptical for 35mins, 3.0 miles. pace around 155 strides per min.

Awesome thread guys. I have been fading on my low carb diet after 15lbs but need to loose another 10 by Mid Oct for trip so I can fit into outfits from last trip. :) Keep up the good work and thanks for the support and motivation.

Dont know if I'm going to head to the Y or cut the grass this evening, but I need to make another trip to the Y and get running again. Was really sore after my 2 runs last week.

I'm using an app called myfitnesspal, which also has a website. You can track your caloric intake and everything from there. If you have a smart phone with a camera, you can track it by using the UPC, and everything pops up automagically. Works great!

I went out and jogged 2 miles this morning in a little over 20 minutes. It had been a while since I ran, but it felt good to get out and going!

Matt

Hey guys. I'm just getting back onto the boards after 8 months offline (long story). Like others on here I have been working this battle for a while. I'm down 15# since the first of the year - 25 since my heaviest a year earlier. Like others, I haven't had the best summer sticking with things, but I have maintained so that's a plus. I would really like to cut another 10# although I'll be fine if I stay where I am.

I have to give a big :thumbsup2 to Matt's suggestion of MyfitnessPal. I used the thing a LOT this spring when I was actively watching things. I discovered that the simple act of recording all of my calories - even if I didn't really pay attention to the end number - made a huge difference. If you have to think about quantity and calories when you reach for the bag of chips you 1) pay more attention to how many, and 2) often talk yourself out of the snack completely. It can be a big help if you set calorie and exercise goals to track these things.

So, I posted this over in the main thread, but figure I would post it here as well.

Yesterday evening was the first meeting of the Running club at the Y, and the overall course length was 3.5 miles. I was able to knock out the first 2, but I alternated between running and walking for the last 1.5. Oh, and did I mention it was raining? Anyway, the two older women who I was running with ran me into the ground and kept going. Talk about being schooled.

Those who are on my facebook will see my course, as I use mapmyrun to keep track of distance/time/pace/etc.

Matt

So, I posted this over in the main thread, but figure I would post it here as well.

Yesterday evening was the first meeting of the Running club at the Y, and the overall course length was 3.5 miles. I was able to knock out the first 2, but I alternated between running and walking for the last 1.5. Oh, and did I mention it was raining? Anyway, the two older women who I was running with ran me into the ground and kept going. Talk about being schooled.

Those who are on my facebook will see my course, as I use mapmyrun to keep track of distance/time/pace/etc.

Matt

Don't feel bad. My wife, who just took up running this year, is turning in faster times per distance than I am. She's using run-walk intervals, and I just plod along using my last-millenium running style. We're running the same 10K this weekend, and I hope that she'll wait for me at the finish line. :rotfl2:

Also, I'm down about 18lbs. since the start of the year, and am looking to take off 5-10 more. I don't really have a goal weight, but I'm trying to get down and stay down.

Hey Guys,

Ran by myself yesterday, and was able to get a full 3.3 miles in at right around 6mph. Ran the full distance, only walking for the cool down period.:cool1: Weighed myself before the run and noticed I was down 2 lbs since I started running again. Hope to keep the weight loss going! Thinking about doing a 5k for Veterans day. Need to look more into that.

Matt

Hey guys!

Got another 3.2 mile run in this morning. Still hanging around right at 200 lbs. Watching calories and all that. Any suggestions?

Matt

Not alot of traffic on this thread in the last few days... you guys are still working out right?

Hi gang,

I'm for this!

In April I started at 221-222lbs. Down to 212lbs, and hovering LOL! Resorted to running each day (~2-2.5 miles on the treadmill at work on lunch), instead of every 2-3 per week. So far so good.

I need to make sure I drink enough water, though. While loosing water weight helps with the scales, it sucks for the body :rolleyes1.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. My main goal is to loose the extra 12 lbs (to get to 200) by Halloween, so I can properly indulge in the holiday treats (candy bag, what candy bag....there isn't one missing, is there? :littleangel: :rolleyes1).

Hi gang,

I'm for this!

In April I started at 221-222lbs. Down to 212lbs, and hovering LOL! Resorted to running each day (~2-2.5 miles on the treadmill at work on lunch), instead of every 2-3 per week. So far so good.

I need to make sure I drink enough water, though. While loosing water weight helps with the scales, it sucks for the body :rolleyes1.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. My main goal is to loose the extra 12 lbs (to get to 200) by Halloween, so I can properly indulge in the holiday treats (candy bag, what candy bag....there isn't one missing, is there? :littleangel: :rolleyes1).

Sweet! Good Luck with your goal Chris!

I use a running app called mapmyrun, username mattbirchfield ; I try to run at least 2x a week, but my schedule is written in warm jello so it gets hard sometimes. I am hovering right around 200, and I just cant seem to get below it. I would like to get down to the 180 range, but it is what it is.

Matt

Yeah, since I use a treadmill, I go nowhere fast :upsidedow

You know, running and reading are kind of the same for me. I hate to start, but once going, I can't seem to stop :rolleyes:

I weighed 208 this morning, so we'll see if we can drop below that this week. Our next trip to WDW is in Nov (parents are in Clearwater, so we are visiting for T-giving). Looking forward to indulging in Mickey goods there.

However, I'm not sure if I will keep the routine while on vacation. It is a bit harder to make the time, but walking around the World may help with that. In fact, the real jump start for all this was in May at DLR. Walking around the parks left me tired but exercised. I thought I'd just keep going.

Yeah, since I use a treadmill, I go nowhere fast :upsidedow

You know, running and reading are kind of the same for me. I hate to start, but once going, I can't seem to stop :rolleyes:

I weighed 208 this morning, so we'll see if we can drop below that this week. Our next trip to WDW is in Nov (parents are in Clearwater, so we are visiting for T-giving). Looking forward to indulging in Mickey goods there.

However, I'm not sure if I will keep the routine while on vacation. It is a bit harder to make the time, but walking around the World may help with that. In fact, the real jump start for all this was in May at DLR. Walking around the parks left me tired but exercised. I thought I'd just keep going.

What really sux is that we were going to be in WDW over Thanksgiving as well, but the budget couldn't support and we had to cancel. Maybe next time.

Just finished 3 miles, just over 10 min 20 sec pace. Wasnt really happy with the run, I blame the heat and the heavy lunch I had.

Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter