Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

As Pea n me said, get your Bi rads score from the mammogram. I obtained a copy of the Bi rads report by asking. Did you have a screening mammogram? Usually that is followup up with a diagnostic mammogram, which is still not conclusive, but gives magnified views of specific areas.

Thanks for posting the link, Pea N me.

It is confusing to me why the critics were so brutal, unless it was aimed to stir up controversy.

Sounds like the two critics (husband and wife???) were also rightly criticized.

Compared to various mindless things that are tweeted, I think Ms. Adams's courage is actually worthwhile.

Too "real" for the critics?

Your pictures are awesome Laurie. New York City is so exciting to visit and there are so many things to do and see. Not sure I would like to live there though. I feel a little lost as I haven't posted in such a long time so if I do not mention you by name please don't feel I'm not thinking of you.

Ann - so nice to know that Avery is doing well and to see you posting once again.

MaryAnn - I was very happy about your DS finding a job and it really sounds like he has found his niche.

Pea n Me - hope you are doing well and hope the shoveling is over for awhile.

Computer is not acting as it should so will post this reply not - will write later.

Hugs for all of you.

Barbara

thanks everyone for the condolences. I hear my sil's voice now and then which is odd. It's always asking about my DD, she was her Godmother. DD is due in less than 2 weeks and has an autoimmune disorder so I know she is watching out for her.

We got the results of my dad's biopsy back and it was really bad news. Six months ago he had contained bladder cancer and they were confidant that they got it all out and the treatments were a precaution. The cancer is now invasive. Six months and it has spread even with treatment does not sound good to me. They are sending him to the Fox Chase Cancer Center here in Philly but I have been crying all day.

Tazdev, I am so very sorry about your dad's biopsy results. My heart goes out to you with all you have been through.

Tazdev, I am so very sorry about your dad's biopsy results. My heart goes out to you with all you have been through.

Thank you I have been trying to stay positive but it is very hard. I did get some good news today though. My DD is giving birth and by time I wake up in the morning there will be a new baby in the family. Just shows the Circle of Life.

Tazdev, I was so sorry when I read your post about your Dad. It is so difficult - one day the news is good and we are hopeful and the next day the news is frightening.

Happy to hear you will have a new little baby in your family. They are such a joy!

I've been on this Forum for a number of years now and all the ladies are caring, understanding, knowledgeable and it has been blessing for me. I also hear from a few ladies via e-mail which is very nice.

Take care - have a good week and "be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars."

Cheryl - I'm glad you are feeling a little better now. I know you must be enjoying your new little granddaughter so very much. Are you planning on doing any traveling in the near future?
We hope to get to Disney World in December and then in May 2016 we plan on taking the entire family with us. Our youngest granddaughter (we have 3) will be 7 then. I really missed not going this past year.

Take good care of yourself. I think of you so very often.

Barbara

Tazdev, I was so sorry when I read your post about your Dad. It is so difficult - one day the news is good and we are hopeful and the next day the news is frightening.

Happy to hear you will have a new little baby in your family. They are such a joy!

I've been on this Forum for a number of years now and all the ladies are caring, understanding, knowledgeable and it has been blessing for me. I also hear from a few ladies via e-mail which is very nice.

Take care - have a good week and "be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars."

Thank you. I had a grandson, my 8th grandchild early this morning. He is beautiful and perfect. I took his older brother out for ice cream to celebrate.
Then I went home and got angry. I don't know if that is normal or not but I am so angry that my wonderful dad, the man who volunteers every year as Santa Claus and donates any money he is given to different charities, may not be around long enough for my grandson to even know who he is. I am scared, trying to be strong for my parents and my kids but I am ANGRY!!! I feel like my world has collapsed around me and no one understands.

I know I should wait to see what the drs. say but I am intelligent enough to know that things do not look good.

I truly hate this disease. I will say that as I was just screaming at no one in particular my DH said go to Disney you'll be happy there. I wish I could but I have a trip in September so I'll have to be happy with that for now.

Taz, being angry isn't fun but I believe that expressing emotions rather than stifling them is the way to go. Bottling things up only delays it. Being strong for everyone around you is taking its toll. I think it is perfectly normal to express your anger appropriately which it sounds like you are doing.

Congrats on your 8th grandchild. That is wonderful. Silver lining at this time, or as you sound aptly put it, the circle of life.

Hang in there, come here to vent anytime. We are kind of good at listening.

Laurie

Thanks Snappy. The anger isn't helping anyone but I agree it's better than keeping it in. Thankfully my DH has been really understanding and is giving me ability to just get mad at him for no reason.

This is my new grandson Benjamin Jett. My DD named him after a character in the movie Sandlot.

20150318_114156 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Life goes on.

Tazdev - so sorry for your loss and the news about your dad. We are all always here to listen. Your new grandson is beautiful. Even in sadness there is joy. My one son was born 3 days after my sister died. My faith always brings me a lot of comfort too.

Laurie - loved your NY pictures

Barbara - good to see you and nice you have a dec. trip. We always go then too. Love the holidays.

Jilly - glad to hear you are dong well

smiley - hope you are enjoying your new grand child

Cheryl - hope you are feeling well and had a great visit with Zoe

Linda - Thanks for all you do to help others. I have a new appreciation for nurses too after I hear ds stories and see how exhausted he is when he comes home. He slept through a quiz he was suppose to take. He said his preceptor is giving him 4 patients by himself and feels he would be more comfortable with 3. She says, you need to feel the stress and pressure. The normal load will be 6 patients by yourself. One day he was eating lunch at 4:30. He says he has to always buy lunch because there is no room in the refrig. for him to store a lunch bag etc

Peg - I am sure spring has sprung down there. Are you going to the Flower and Garden festival?

Well dh is coming home tomm. And because of being there he is now suppose to go to Shanghai in June and Germany in Sept. adding to all the west coast stuff and this travel is getting me weary. Ds3 let us facetime tonight. I dont have a phone to do that.

GAGWTA

Tazdev - so sorry for your loss and the news about your dad. We are all always here to listen. Your new grandson is beautiful. Even in sadness there is joy. My one son was born 3 days after my sister died. My faith always brings me a lot of comfort too. GAGWTA

Thank you it really is helpful to have somewhere to turn and people understand. I think Benny is a keeper for sure and he is definitely a joy. My faith normally brings me some comfort but I realized I have been really angry at God for what is happening to my dad. A brief chat with my priest helped. I need to take a ride down to the shore, sit on the beach and have a long chat with Him. I do my best soul searching on the beach for some reason.

The cancer center was supposed to call my dad 3 days ago and still hasn't so I told my mom to call them. Don't know if she will listen but my one brother will be going with them since he is a PHD in nuclear biophysics. That means something to my parents, but it will help them understand what is going on. Thankfully another brother lives around the corner from them and has been over every day checking on them and doing odd chores that my dad can't do now. My family is blessed in that respect.

And the hits keep on coming. My BFF's aunt found out she had a recurrence of breast cancer. Now they found 2 spots in her lungs that they think are cancer also. The drs. won't schedule a biopsy til June so my BFF is going through some of the anger I am. I see a road trip in our future.

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good Easter!
Sure has been quiet here lately.....I hope everyone is doing ok?

Tazdev, your new grandson is a cutie! How is your dad doing?

Barbara, your upcoming Disney trip with your grandkids sounds like a great time! Ours is only nine months old, so it will be quite awhile before she is ready for a Disney trip. Sometimes when we have gone in the past, we have just sat and people watched, and it always seemed so sweet to see the grandparents and kids hanging out together. I sure do hope we get to do that.

Smiley, I hope everything is ok with you.....haven't seen you in quite awhile.

I've been feeling good.....scheduled for another CT scan in a few weeks, so we shall see how it's going then. The fluid production is increasing, I'm averaging approx a liter per day.....that is not good.

Been keeping myself busy planning a trip! We have decided to take a road trip in June down the California coast, starting in San Fran and ending in San Diego, and of course we will be stopping at DL for a few days. Looking at being gone for two weeks........I'm very excited about it!

Had a very nice Easter......Made Zoe a basket and spent the day with her, she is at such a cute age!

GAGWTA!!:flower:

CherylDan - hope your test comes out with positive news..

No news on my dad. My mom has cut me out of the loop again. She has done this in the past because I get "pushy". I offered to go with them to drs. appointments, treatments, keep her company if he needs surgery, that type of thing. My brother the PhD is who she wants for all those things since he is after all a "Doctor". He has his doctorate in nuclear biophysics so I guess that counts. I do know that my dad has lost 50 pounds since around January. I know some was from the pain and not feeling well but that is still a lot of weight in 3 months. He looks beat if you know what I mean.

I am at a loss so I am keeping my distance again. Then I feel guilty because I'm not spending time with my dad. I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride and I never did like roller coasters.

Cheryl - so glad you got to spend Easter with sweet Zoe. Sorry you are dealing with the fluid issues and wishing you all the best with your upcoming scan. Your June trip to Calif. sounds like a lot of fun for sure! I always love seeing your pictures and smileys too.

tazdev - wishing your dad all the best. That is a lot of weight to loose. I lost 60 lbs altogether but gained a lot of it back so I am glad.

Had a good easter - church and a big dinner I cooked. Ds2 ended up in the emergency room on sat. He thought he might have had food poisoning from a bagel store and the dr. thought he had vertigo, um no. But he is just fine now.

Looking at a May trip but dont know if that is going to happen. Ds found out his graduation date May 22 but now has to see if he can get off work to attend. Its at 8 am. omg! I am not an early bird for sure. My bones are always so stiff in the morning. We also have some other stuff we have to take care of so I am thinking it will have to be after memorial day or at the beginning of June as dh doesnt know his China plans if they will still be on etc.

I have some bruises on my arm which concern me but the endo didnt seem concerned when I asked her about it before. Right now I have 3.

I am procrastinating the med stuff and right now its tax stuff lol.

GAGWTA

Hi, ladies! Hope you all had a good Easter. I spent half of mine in the ER. I started having bad back pain about two weeks ago. I figured it was a muscle pull. Saturday night I started feeling very nauseous and ended up spending a good deal of the night in the bathroom.

Turns out I have a kidney infection. I'm on an antibiotic. Hope to feel better soon. I hear Epcot calling my name!

Thinking of you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter