Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Hello you busy ladies! thankyou for your cheers! :) I already got my card in the mail for my appointments coming next March then August! Not going to let me forget about it yet... We had the meeting for hubby last friday morning, it went quite well I think. I hate to think they can look you in the eye and be so caring and considerate and compassionate while plotting to do you over! but we will see. Won't know anything 100% until about next march!! until then our income won't change so that at least is good. They said they will leave the door open for him to retrain for something indefinitely, so in a few years or even 10 if he decides he feels good enough he can do something.
Our daughter in law is seeing someone :sad1: it makes us extremely sad, it was quite traumatising, it really brought it home in a profound way that our dear son is really truly gone. The good thing is that she seems a lot happier, and the girls are all doing well so we shall see. She is doing massive renovations to their house, lot's of money involved, she is very lucky our son had a good life insurance policy :(
the weather has been stunning here! It seemed it would never stop raining and warm up then mid july the sun came and has not left. we have had maybe 3 days of rain in that whole time. It did get chilly enough last night that I had to have the heat on though.
LMP I am sorry your hubby has to travel so much. hope you get good news on your test. I have a lot of dental work to be done, it seems the chemo and being so sick was pretty hard on my teeth, I am happy I have teeth to get worked on!
Laurie I can only imagine how beautiful it is down there in the fall!! It is getting pretty here too, some trees are starting to change, but it has been so dry a lot of them are just going brown and losing their leaves. Watched House Hunters today and they were in Baton Rouge, I could not believe the prices there!! for the same kind of money $250,000 - $300,000 here you can get a small condo with no view, or a very very small old house on a lot. the kind of houses they were showing for around $300,000 would run at least $600,000 here. We are living in the wrong part of the world!

Good afternoon ladies

smiley - I hear you on the dental stuff. I am overdue for a check up.

Free cheese for everyone because I am going to whine!!

Dh called and told me he is safe in Calif. He also told me he he is probably going to Michigan next friday because that part of the trip got cancelled this week.

So when he called I was out with ds3 doing errands. When we got home he went to get some ice and oh yes.....the stuff is melted, ice cream is melted etc. Ds2 is at work now so I will let him look at it later. Yes the warranty is expired, our luck of course. I dont want a repairman coming when dh is gone 1. Creepy for me and 2. Dont want to get ripped off. Even when the washer guy was here he asked to use the bathroom etc. Gheesh.

Add to this ds1 has informed us of an issue and if it turns out to be an issue we will have to fix that too and it will be a lot of time and $$.

I am giving up on the food and wine for this year I think. Too many things and probably $$ for us plus we just made a big financial commitment to our church.

Still havent heard about my blood test results. Next the bone scan.

GAGWTA

Smiley, sooo glad to hear about your good test results! :thumbsup2 also glad your meeting went well - hopefully you are feeling much less stressed now. It must be hard to see your DIL dating :hug:

LMP, sorry to hear about your freezer! Seems like it is always something, doesn't it? I just don't think they make appliances like they used too.

I couldn't get my car out of the garage the other day.....I thought maybe the opener was broken, but it turned out to be the big spring on the door. Had to have somebody out to fix it, at least it was fairly quick.

Dancind, hope your vist with the oncologist goes well next week.

I have another CT scan next week.....seems like those three months in between scans just fly by so fast!

Smiley, thought of you last weekend when we were at the county fair - remembered you talking about it. The one we were at is really nice, very old fashioned, lots of great food.....and the weather was even nice for a change.

I've been watching reruns of "Friends" lately.....I don't know how I managed to never see it when it was on weekly! Guess I was living under a rock or something..... Anyway, it is cracking me up :lmao:

Hope everybody is having a good week. GAGWTA!!

smiley - glad your dh meeting went well. That is such a relief for the both of you. I am sure it is also so difficult seeing your dil with someone else. I know she knows what great grandparents you are so she is blessed with that for sure.

Cheryl - wishing you all the best with the ct scan.

Diana - wishing you all the best with your onc. visit next week too.

smiley - I got inspired by your dentist post and called the dentist today to make appts. for myself and 2 of the ds. Of course they are not in the office. I left a message so we shall see. Hopefully we can get in soon.

I also called for a haircut but my girl is off tomm. so I have to go next week. I wanted it done for the picnic sun, but oh well, such is my luck.

And the only thing I managed to get an appt. for was the bone scan and I am getng that done next thurs. Ds3 has off from school that day so hopefully he or dh will take me. We shall see.

Gotta pick ds2 up from the train station soon. Cooking a lot tomm.

I just won the Hunger Games DVD from one of my little online sweepstakes contests so I am giving it to ds3. He has been asking for it for a while. Hopefully this will put hm in a good mood to take me for the scan:)

GAGWTA, Have a great week end everyone

Hope everyone had a great week end.

Thinking of you both Cheryl and Diana with your visits this week. Wisihing you both all the best

It was a beautiful week end here weatherwise.

I am exhausted from cooking. Glad ds3 helped a little. We made pasta salad, 2 dozen cupcakes, deviled eggs and a corn and black bean type salad.

Of course everyone was asking me where dh was. I talked mostly to the ds old teacher from hs who is now at this school. (I got to interview her in aug) She is a disney nut and dvc owner. She planned their senior trip to disney etc. She got married at disney a few years ago. Married later in life. She now has 2 step kids. Sweet lady.

I talked to dh, told him about the bone scan and of course he says he has a meeting at that exact time. Why should I expect otherwise. Rant: You think if you werent here for at least 19 days you could spare an hour for me, Rant over.

Now the refrig. is not working but the icemaker is. Dh can deal with this. I have had enough. I dont even want to go to the grocery store and buy stuff. I am wondering about what to eat that is still in the refrig. etc.

Back to your regularly scheduled day:)

GAGWTA

LMP - I hope things are looking up for you! It is so hard that your DH has to travel so much. I remember when my husband was on the road all the time leaving me with an infant and in a strange city to boot! It was not fun. And dealing with all your medical problems too. Hang in there - no place to go but up!

Got to the next level and with it being $1000 the Team will get the 25% from that and then Nicole is donating her commission. YAY!!!

Sha that is awesome! you are such a trooper doing so much for this cause.
Lmp I sure hope something happens in a good way that your hubby won't have to travel so much! like a big promotion or something.
Cheryl, the Orange County fair has been on a few times when we have been down to Disneyland in California, one of these times I would like to spend a day there and compare them. One thing I discovered after we were at the fair, is that they had deep fried pickles there!! I was so mad I missed them!! had them for the first time in the Carnation Cafe on main street in Disneyland, just about the best thing I have ever eaten!!
I bought an island! lol....no not an island in water, a kitchen island! lol... I have a hideous kitchen, seriously, the cabinets are nasty melamime from the 80's and while it is functional it is hideous. We do live only a few short blocks from the ocean, and I've always wanted a seaside cottage type kitchen, and this island it that to a T! it was a decorating store that was going out of business, and this island (6 feet by 2 feet) was her desk/counter. It was made locally by a man dave coyle ( http://www.dave-coyle.com/Home.html ) if you click on kitchens there are examples of his stuff. Mine is a lovely seaside blue with a wood top, not quite as unfinished looking as some of the things he does. I will get him to make me 1 or 2 cabinets to go with it. the rest of the old cabinets are coming off the walls. I don't really have enough money to replace the old base cabinets so I'm just going to order new doors. I'm pretty excited about it, but am dreading all the work gonna be involved! lol

Pats Mom - good to see you posting. How are you feeling?

Sha - you have a good heart for sure sista

Smiley - we are surrounded by the water too. Ocean less than 30 minutes and the sound on the other side. Your kitchen redo sounds fun.

Cheryl and Diana - hope all the appts and testing went well

DS3 took me for my bone scan. I think the place I go to might go out of business. Another place that is more modern opened up and I think everyone goes there. I did go with ds once and parking and the waiting room were very overcrowded. At this place I was the only patient at the time. That might not be too good.

Anyone hear of this. They said in NY if you get a mammo and you have dense tissue. They will send you a letter with your results and say you have dense tissue which might make the mammo hard to read etc?? Its a new law here.

Next week the ds and I are going to the dentist, so progress is getting done.

Dh didnt have to go away today. It got cancelled. Hooray!!

Next week dh has some charity work to do and wants to get the van tuned up, so I told him he needs to take some time off etc. He has lots of vacation time.

Got some of ds paperwork done so now he can drive. Yippee! But there are many rules involved with it. He still has stuff to do. I need to do more paperwork for him. I think 2 more things so far and then 1 later on. My head spins.

I have been so tired lately. Never heard from dr. waste of my time about my blood tests, its only been 2 weeks or was it 3, with him that one time it took over a month for him to call. He should retire. He is useless.

GAGWTA. Have a great week end everyone. Blessings to you all.

YAY!!! the beginning of FALL is here!!! Woke to 57 degrees! Love it!!

Ive got SO much to do still before the walk!!!! AUGH! lol

Have a great day today

Please keep that good weather down there for about 8 or 9 days, Sha.

Smiley, I like the look of the stuff on that website. Send a picture of your new island when you can. You have good taste.

LMP, glad your DH's next trip got cancelled. That should happen more often. I hope you got some rest and are not as tired. Is your fridge fixed?

Cheryldan. hoping for good news for you on the catscan this week.

Patsmom, good to see you posting.

Back from a short jaunt to the gulf coast, near Destin. My sister and my mom both like the lazy river better than the actual beach, so we spent most of our time there. My sister is using a walker right now, suffering from severe nerve pain. She injured herself further right before the trip while vacuuming. She has numbness down her leg and in her toes that is expanding, which is probably why she fell.

She needs surgery but has been delaying. I hope she acts soon.

Weather in Destin was low humidity and coolish after a day of rain. The lazy river was so cool, we had to wait until the middle of the day to venture in. The many palm trees were scenic but shielded the water from the sun.

Sure did not sweat!

I am gathering a lot of sweaters, coats., boots and some cajun spices to send DD22 up in New Jersey. The cool weather surprised her. Have to send it before we leave for food and wine.

Have a nice week everyone, and pray for Avery, Ann's grandson. He had a rough weekend of chemo, the brave little guy.

GAGWTA!

Hi ladies, how's everybody doing?

Snappy, sounds like you had a nice trip with your mom and sister....nice that you are able to get together like that. I sure bet your DD will love getting a care package from home.

LMP, I've never heard of them sending out a letter about dense tissue like that. Does it give any alternatives or other suggestions for follow up? Seems like getting a letter like that could cause some confusion.

Smiley, have fun with the kitchen update! It sounds nice. I envy you living so close to the ocean. My fantasy is to relocate to the west coast! We live out in the middle of flat and boring, surrounded by beans and corn.

Sha, sounds like the walk stuff is keeping you really busy - hope the good weather holds out for you!

My CT scan was Friday, went ok I guess.....I can't hardly stand drinking the barium - it makes me feel so nauseated. I have an appt with my onc on Thursday, so I'll find out results then. I wish they would do the blood work a few days before the appointments since it takes a few days to get the tumor marker results. It is so stressful waiting. I try not to think about stuff too much, but those three month checkups seem like they come up so fast. I keep thinking that I want to maybe make some travel plans for Christmas, but then it's like, no better not until I get the go ahead. Ugh.

The weather here has been sooooo nice! Although it did get down to 33 last night, warmed up nice today. I love fall, it has always been my favorite time of the year. Makes me want to make pumpkin pie!

GAGWTA!!:goodvibes

My CT scan was Friday, went ok I guess.....I can't hardly stand drinking the barium - it makes me feel so nauseated. I have an appt with my onc on Thursday, so I'll find out results then. I wish they would do the blood work a few days before the appointments since it takes a few days to get the tumor marker results. It is so stressful waiting. I try not to think about stuff too much, but those three month checkups seem like they come up so fast. I keep thinking that I want to maybe make some travel plans for Christmas, but then it's like, no better not until I get the go ahead. Ugh.

The weather here has been sooooo nice! Although it did get down to 33 last night, warmed up nice today. I love fall, it has always been my favorite time of the year. Makes me want to make pumpkin pie!

GAGWTA!!:goodvibes

CherylDan, Hope you great news back. The waiting is always hard.

I love fall too, but it's more of a frame of mind here than a real thing. We've had a cold front move through, but it is still in the upper 80s! lol. I put out my fall decorations this week. I'm ready for a change of season!

Afternoon Ladies::

I have not been on for awhile. Seems with moms condo selling, kids,job etc. Oh well.

My DS not in school this semester. He was suppossed to be deployed but right now in limbo waiting to hear what is going on. Feel sorry for him.

I had great birthday with my friends. We went to nyc and did long walk along hudson river, ate at a great restaurant, took boat ride and capped it off by having a drink at a rooftop bar. We seen the empire state building to our left and the freedom tower to our right. It was so beautiful.

Glad fall is here. I am not missing dog days of summer. October little depressing for me somewhat since this was my DH favorite month. He loved cooking and always had batches of chili, soups and homemade breads for us. We always had huge halloween party and all our friends,family and kids would be there. DH did all the food for the party.
DRAT! I never learned how he did his soups or chili and now I keep trying to recreate them to no avail:rotfl::rotfl:

Anyhow, how is everyone feeling? I tried to catch up on all the posts I missed but my short term memory chemo brain doesn't allow me to remember.lol

Barbara - :)

Cheryl - thinking of you today:hug: Sending thoughts and prayers for a good report

minniejeannie - sounds like you had a wonderful birthday in style. I am sure it is hard missing your dh:hug: I know my mom went through the same thing.

Laurie - have a great trip!

Peggy - I am sure you will be enjoy the Food and Wine too. It must be wonderful to live so close.

Ds3 and I went to the dentist today. He had 1 cavity. I had none, but need a crown on 1 tooth that has been a problem. And last night dh filling came out so he is going there on Mon.

GAGWTA. Thinking of you all.

Hi ladies......no good news for me today. Mets showing up in my stomach again. Actually not in my stomach, but in the fatty area around my intestines, same place as before. I won't get the tumor marker results until Monday. Oncologist said he wants to wait and see what that is before ordering a pet scan. He thinks that I will most likely be looking at chemo again, for the third time. So, right now I'm in waiting mode. I guess I knew that this was going to happen at some point, but it's still pretty hard to wrap my head around. :worried:

Cheryl I am sorry it's not the best of news. To my uneducated brain it seems it is better that it is at least in the fatty tissue and not in the intestines! I am thinking too, it must be fairly slow because you have been off the chemo for quite a while now right? I will be keeping you in my prayers and good thoughts every day!
I have one crown on one tooth nearly done, all the hard stuff is done and it gets placed in 10 days. Then another crown on the other side, and an overlay on another molar. I had 3 fillings done the other day too. I will be really glad to get it all done, but am sick of it already!! Thank the dear lord that we have a dental plan!! even with that it will be around $1400 for all my work, and hubby is in pretty much the same boat, one crown in process, another to be done, but first he has to have some surgery to take care of an area of abbsess he has had for over a year now! he was on heavy antibiotics for a month to clear up an absess on the other side, which is gone, but this other one does not want to go away. Ah well, we had a nice holiday this year so not being able to go on another one this fall is not too horrible! we are still waiting for the roofers to get to us for our roof as well, and my new island is sitting in the area between my kitchen and dining room waiting for that project to start. way too much going on here to go away. We are also getting our driveway done with stamped concrete in a cobblestone pattern, but they want to wait till after the roofers are done so they don't mess it up.
The weather here has been amazing!! we are so used to getting rain rain rain and in the last 90 days we have only had 7 days of rain!! we are at an extreme forest fire hazard rating and no garden sprinkling allowed but I just don't care!! I am LOVING all this sun!! it's been nice now because it is getting quite cool at night, about 55-60 and the leaves are starting to turn. I've been baking fall things, pumpkin muffins, blackberry muffins, apple pie with apples off our tree! October 8 is our thanksgiving so we will be doing the usual turkey etc yay!
while I'm waiting for everything to get done, I've been outside in the sun gardening like a crazy woman! it feels great to be getting some energy back again and catching up on 2 years worth of neglect! I've also got my storage room and laundry rooms cleaned out!
LMP here are pics of my island, a pair of pictures I found at Home Sense that match perfectly, and a picture I have had for years of the style of my dream kitchen!:
island2.jpg

island.jpg

cuisin20.jpg

Cheryl, thinking of you today!

Smilie, thanks for the pictures. You have a wonderful concept for your kitchen.

Wonderful being here with our friends.

Haven't disclosed this but we are celebrating something that was not even on the horizon when we planned this trip. DH will be starting as controller in a new position in a growing company in a hot industry in this area a week from monday. Best part: it is a Monday through Friday 8 to 4:30 job !

Hoping to relieve stress and prolong his life.

We are lucky to enjoy this brief trip with our best friends. I even arranged for a trio of bongo players to serenade him last night a Sanaa at animal kingdom lodge. He was a little embarrassed. Nice 2 hour dinner.

Food and wine opening today.

In a newly refurbished 2 bedroom at Wyndham bonnet creek. Comfy and inexpensive.

Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter