DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Jeff, speaking of which ...what do you think they are looking for as far as crowds go? A couple thousand?

I'm sure they would be thrilled with a couple thousand. I don't know what they are looking for though.

Considering the number of people who will need transportation after the party, how practical would it be to expect an Uber or a Taxi to be readily available?

it's going to be a wait and expensive.. I would recommend walking to an epcot resort and bus hopping through Animal kingdom to get to your resort in a timely manor without your own car..

if you didn't know, AK closes about the same time as the party so there will be buses for over an hour after the party via AK to get to your resorts.

Just want to comment that I have one spot left in my car for after the party. I am dropping two off at PO-FQ while my guest and I are staying at Coronado Springs, so preferably one of those resorts or one nearby.

EDIT: Spot taken! :)

Last edited:
Where is the best place to park for the event....we are flying into Orlando and renting a car for the week. It will be just my wife and I attending the event and party. It's a anniversary present for my wife since our anniversary is the 11th. My parents are staying with the kids that night so we can take the car to Epcot but know where to park

Where is the best place to park for the event....we are flying into Orlando and renting a car for the week. It will be just my wife and I attending the event and party. It's a anniversary present for my wife since our anniversary is the 11th. My parents are staying with the kids that night so we can take the car to Epcot but know where to park
You will park in the EPCOT parking lot since we need to meet at the main entrance at 9:30 p.m. If you have a GPS on your phone, just put in "EPCOT" and it should take you right there. I'm not sure if you will have to pay to park though with it being a private party. I haven't rented a car while staying on Disney property, and I'm not sure if you are staying onsite or offsite.

Sadly due to finances not coming through ( I did not get a knock on the door with a huge check today) I will have to miss out again. Here's hoping that there will be something for the 25th that is even bigger though from the sounds of it John is really going to have to pull out all the stops to top this one.

Getting excited now! We decided to stay onsite and the cheap seats AKA AllStarMusic. We will drive over to EPCOT and go from there. we will have our RED Dis 20 t-shirts on and probably blue/black shorts! Will be using the Magical express to get me to the airport, while my family drives back to GA. I will be flying into Orlando the 26th and spending 2 nights in the area before going to Ga. Have I missed a post about where to pick up credentials? Or will they be available on the 1st before the Party?

Have I missed a post about where to pick up credentials? Or will they be available on the 1st before the Party?

They haven't posted any details about credentials pick-up, don't worry. I'm hoping that you'll be able to pick them up on the 1st as well, because I'm not arriving until that day. :)

They haven't posted any details about credentials pick-up, don't worry. I'm hoping that you'll be able to pick them up on the 1st as well, because I'm not arriving until that day. :)
I hope we get lanyards :) that would be amazing!!!,

Getting excited now! We decided to stay onsite and the cheap seats AKA AllStarMusic. We will drive over to EPCOT and go from there. we will have our RED Dis 20 t-shirts on and probably blue/black shorts! Will be using the Magical express to get me to the airport, while my family drives back to GA. I will be flying into Orlando the 26th and spending 2 nights in the area before going to Ga. Have I missed a post about where to pick up credentials? Or will they be available on the 1st before the Party?

They have placeholders in the 1st post for Credential Pick-up and it includes on the 1st (with location and time being TBD). If I recall correctly from the Megameet last year, they did have it day of the main event, but not at the main event - you still had to go to the Boardwalk convention center to register, etc. - so for now I am assuming this will be the same (at least, I hope so as my plan is to get mine on the 1st in the afternoon after an "un"official lunch meetup at Disney Springs)

it's going to be a wait and expensive.. I would recommend walking to an epcot resort and bus hopping through Animal kingdom to get to your resort in a timely manor without your own car..

if you didn't know, AK closes about the same time as the party so there will be buses for over an hour after the party via AK to get to your resorts.
Sounds like a good plan Accident.
So if I went this route and decided to catch a bus from BWI, what is the latest time I could catch a bus to AK from BWI? In other words what is the latest I could stay at the party? I need to factor in the time it takes to walk to the BWI bus boarding area?

Sounds like a good plan Accident.
So if I went this route and decided to catch a bus from BWI, what is the latest time I could catch a bus to AK from BWI? In other words what is the latest I could stay at the party? I need to factor in the time it takes to walk to the BWI bus boarding area?

I pretty sure the BC's bus stop is closer to the IG than BWI. I would leave from there.

OK. How have you guys been explaining where you are going to the muggles out there? I was getting a lot of puzzled looks because my story was too long. I've finally just saying, I'm going Disney fan convention.

OK. How have you guys been explaining where you are going to the muggles out there? I was getting a lot of puzzled looks because my story was too long. I've finally just saying, I'm going Disney fan convention.
That's a good way of explaining it. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you, but years ago, I used to get together annually with a big group of fans @ WDW, we actually called them Gatherings, or G's for short (and they have a # after them, so they were G1, G2, etc.). After awhile, people I knew became familiar. For those that didn't, I would just say I was meeting a huge group of Disney friends and fans I knew from the internet.

good question. I've had the same problem trying to explain this DIS meet to friends. I think I'll use the "Disney fan convention" in the future and save my breath. As for the folks who seem truly interested, I'll go into greater detail :)

Usually once I mention I am going to Disney but leaving my kids at home the listener doesn't feel the need for many follow-up questions :rotfl2:

Are they processing registrations today? I just paid the event fee, but need 20th Anniversary ID Number before the midnight deadline tonight for registering for the party. I thought I could do it all in 1 step.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter